What's your best PJ moment?

slingsling Posts: 169
edited March 2010 in The Porch
Maybe it's time for a feel good thread...

I enjoy reading the heartfelt posts about people's personal connections with PJ & how they've influenced their lives. (even if some of the posts end up with, "And that's why I'm so pissed off at what they're doing now"... :lol: )

So what was 1 of your biggest PJ stand-out moments that really made you go, "Holy shit, I fucking LOOOOVE this band" ?!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Slow MoeSlow Moe Posts: 87
    The look on my wife's face at the first show we attended together. Sheer joy.
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • Well, it was a night really. I met an amazing group of Pearl Jam fans (coordinated through this board) AND Ed at a solo performance he did in 2002 at UCLA's All Tomorrows Parties. It was so nice to meet other fans who "get it". We had an unbelievable night, spending a magical time together before, during and after the show. I only wish I could remember what Ed said to me. I do remember he was great, taking time to personally chat with the15-20 fans who were hoping to see him.
    Wendy
  • ItsOK921ItsOK921 Posts: 169
    Philly III '09-Started off the night by not being able to find our 10C seats, being told this way then that way so we just decided to stand up against the wall for the show, which turned out to be good, lower level Mikes side about 2 sections away. It was probably better than were my 412x seats were. As the show came closer to the end, I say to my cousin and partner for all PJ shows "If they close with Baba we're booking to the front". As the opening cords start I grab her hand, past one security guard then the next and before I knew it we're standing looking right up at Mike. As Ed is throwing out tambourines all over he climbs off the stage right by us and thats the closest I ever have been and probably ever will be. Long story short, one of the best moments of my life.... with no tambourine to show for it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,942
    nice idea for a thread but, jeez, there's too many. :mrgreen:

as Slow Moe said, it was nice when, in 2006, my wife finally "got it." (get your minds out of the gutter)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    They are all pretty darn good! One of my favourite was MSG2 in 2008 during the intro to Marker In The Sand where Mike starts off with the wrong riff and then stops and then waves his hand around then walks over to Ed's mike and goes "I fucked that up. I wrote the song and I fucked it up, but I guess I'm allowed to do that". :lol::lol::lol:

I felt like I was being allowed on the "inside" for some reason.
  • meeting stone. i was doing that plant-a-tree thing in brooklyn because i like trees and i figured hey i get a free ticket to the stone concert out of it so it's win/win. all the volunteers were having lunch and as i was eating mine the timberland guy was thanking everyone and some people in particular for making that day possible. he thanked people from the company and such and finally thanked stone and asked him to stand up. that's when my heart stopped. i was thinking "what?!?! HE'S HERE?!?!" i wasn't expecting him to actually show up! so, after about 15 minutes of freaking out, calling my mom and best friend who couldn't make it but is a big PJ fan, i went up to him and got to tell him thanks for my favorite songs and for riot act which was my favorite album (he looked pleasantly surprised that it was my favorite :D) he also signed my and my friend's ticket for that night's show. i've gotta say that was possibly one of my favorite days of my entire life! :D:D:D:D
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    10/30/09 i won the lottery with a 354xxx 10c number. i rocked the fuck out all night long and felt like ed was noticing me but he also could have been looking at the other 20,000 people rocking out throughout the place. well during baba he takes out the tambourines and after the first verse he comes right over and throws me a tambourine. best. moment. ever.

found this on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHo4SjCDA7M
  • Slow Moe wrote:
    The look on my wife's face at the first show we attended together. Sheer joy.

Hell Yea brotha!! I hope this is what happens when I bring my girlfriend to her first PJ show this year in Boston!!! She already digs the music a lot.

My best PJ moment is listening to VS in its entierty for the first time or The first encore of Philly 3
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    edited March 2010
    apparently I should let the door ass me and I am a poop mouth?
    Post edited by pkh43 on
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I guess it had to be Bugs. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pkh43 wrote:
    getting tickets to MSG I & II, Hartford and Boston. Oh wait that didn"t happen. I guess mine would be dropping thousands of dollars on PJ shit and then selling it all and not being a fan of corporate douche bags.

please let the door your ass on teh way out. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pkh43 wrote:
    getting tickets to MSG I & II, Hartford and Boston. Oh wait that didn"t happen. I guess mine would be dropping thousands of dollars on PJ shit and then selling it all and not being a fan of corporate douche bags.

Theres an offical thread for this kinda stuff man. This was a great thread til you posted this poop.... you poop mouth
  • pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    Learn to spell ya drunk

please let the door your ass on teh way out. :mrgreen:[/quote]
  • My very first PJ concert ever I got front row tickets. They played every song I wanted to hear and it was incredible. Me and my bro and some friends were going crazy the whole show. I in particular was going nuts, to the point that Stone got Eddie's attention at one point to say would you look at this kid(I didn't stop jumping as high as I could the entire night). So midway during the show Eddie comes over and hands us his wine and we hand him some beer. That happened a few times. Amazing but the best part is at the end. While they are playing their last song and Mike is ripping it up, Eddie comes strolling over and takes off his button up short sleeve jacket and hands it to me. It was plain green with a little german flag on the one sleeve. The show was everything I could have hoped for but to have your passion noticed by them and to have Eddie make a gesture like that was something I'll def. never forget. Funny part of the story was when I put the jacket on leaving the show and people realized I was the one who got it and girls came up to me to smell the shirt to find out what Eddie smells like. haha. Well thats it and every PJ show I've ever seen is amazing in some way but I don't think anything could ever top that. Nothing like having the best concert moment of your life with your favorite band of all time!
  • Also, Philly 3 2009. Front row with the lottery - many incredible moments for my family that night, but for me personally it was probably when Ed was looking right at me while singing DTE "admire my son, he's my clone", I'm pointing at my son, and Ed smiles and nods at me.
    96: 10-2 Hartford
    03: 7-11 Mansfield 3
    04: 9-28 Boston 1
    08: 6-28 Mansfield 1
    09: 10-30 Philly 3, 10-31 Philly 4
    10: 5-15 Hartford, 5-17 Boston
    11: 9-3 Alpine Valley, 9-4 Alpine Valley
    13: 10-15 Worcester 1, 10-16 Worcester 2, 10-25 Hartford
    16: 4-29 Philly 2, 5-1 MSG 1, 8-5 Fenway 1, 8-7 Fenway 2
    18: 9-2 Fenway 1, 9-4 Fenway 2
    21: 9-26 Ohana
    22: 5-6 LA, 5-7 LA, 5-16 Fresno
    EV SOLO: 8-2-08 Boston 2, 6-8-09 Albany 1, 6-15-11 Providence, 6-16-11 Boston, 6-18-11 Hartford, 11-1-12 Las Vegas
    Tres Mts: 3-27-11 Boston
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    My girlfriend won send row centre lottery tickets at MSG #2 in '08 with her very high 10C number after I got shut out on the pre-sale (the only time I have ever been shut out).

BUT ... it is hard not to say that August 2, 2007 wasn't the best PJ moment I have experienced ... nothing will ever top that show.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • BeerBaron wrote:
    My girlfriend won send row centre lottery tickets at MSG #2 in '08 with her very high 10C number after I got shut out on the pre-sale (the only time I have ever been shut out).

BUT ... it is hard not to say that August 2, 2007 wasn't the best PJ moment I have experienced ... nothing will ever top that show.

Must be nice having a girlfriend with a high 10c number let alone in the ten club in general. How did you get so lucky :?: :?:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited March 2010
    KANO PROPOSI STO OTI EPITELOUS FTASAME STIN ATHINA,TORA MPOROUME NA APOSIRTHOUME,(ITS GREEK,,EDDIE SAID THAT TO US,,,)IT MEANS THAT "ILL DRINK THAT FINALLY ARRIVE IN ATHENS,NOW WE CAN STOP BEING A BAND",,,AND WE ALL SCREAM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KxVmhcmxPo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ru1UEVnybk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IsJ-ZKTxY0
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    Tad Gormley Stadium. New Orleans, Louisiana 1995. Saw The Ramones open.. Literally EVERY person under the age of 35 that I had ever known in my life was at that show.. I should probably write a teen stoner comedy ala Dazed and Confused/Go/Can't Hardly Wait about that night.. Fucking Epic!!
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    making ed and mike smile and laugh at the black banner in auckland.
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    doompony wrote:
    :D I'm on the opposite side of the planet from you and I felt like I was a part of that.. You got more than a moment.. That is on the verge of becoming an urban legend :D
  • slingsling Posts: 169
    bhigh901 wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    :D I'm on the opposite side of the planet from you and I felt like I was a part of that.. You got more than a moment.. That is on the verge of becoming an urban legend :D

Hell yeah! We were all following along closely to that one! :D
    KANO PROPOSI STO OTI EPITELOUS FTASAME STIN ATHINA,TORA MPOROUME NA APOSIRTHOUME,(ITS GREEK,,EDDIE SAID THAT TO US,,,)

Eddie could figure out how to say that?! Man is that guy multi-talented!

Drop1the 0Leash: I'm sure your girlfriend will be "sold" after her 1st PJ concert... but then you'll regret having brought her. "Quit arguing on those damn message boards & spend some time with me!" :P
  • My best PJ moment happened on Sunday 22nd November 2009 - my first ever PJ concert. It was the best day of my life and when they started Porch I couldn't hold back the tears.

Can't wait for my next best PJ moment!!!
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star
    In somebody else's sky, but why, why, why
    Can't it be, can't it be mine
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    So many moments for me. One standout was during my first PJ show in Perth last November. They way they played Love Reign O'er Me was so heartfelt and beyond emotional; it was like the last time Eddie would ever sing that song, and he owned every note.
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    The La Ola before the show in Berlin was pretty impressive - from that moment on I knew I was in for a special night. :)
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Kloddz wrote:
    The La Ola before the show in Berlin was pretty impressive - from that moment on I knew I was in for a special night. :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuf-JnvEOSE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6b_Z-l_pPY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=520tJowA7vY
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Kloddz wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuf-JnvEOSE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6b_Z-l_pPY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=520tJowA7vY
    Yes, that's the one. :mrgreen:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    It would have to be getting my Eddie pick on last Halloween. He pointed at me, I probably looked like a deer in headlights, a very confused deer, and tossed the pick. It landed short but the nice people around me knew who it was for- me! and handed it to me. That whole memory is so very special to me. I will never forget it.
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    pandora wrote:
    It would have to be getting my Eddie pick on last Halloween. He pointed at me, I probably looked like a deer in headlights, a very confused deer, and tossed the pick. It landed short but the nice people around me knew who it was for- me! and handed it to me. That whole memory is so very special to me. I will never forget it.

is your avatar from the howard zinn premier? i was there too!