Fenway on May 18?

Comments

• The Celtics suck this year...i see them falling flat on their faces in the second round...if they even make it there.

and the Bruins....they suck even worse....they are gone in the first round! if they even make the playoffs that is.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    thackerj wrote:
    Celts need to get bounced by the 2nd round, otherwise Round 3 Game 1 is at TD Garden on May 18.

Also, the Orpheum is open in May.
    Celts would open "round 3", also know as the Eastern Conference Finals on the road in all likelihood, Game 1 would be in Cleveland or Orlando.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    I've told this story before, but in April 2006, I was on the same flight with Theo Epstein down to Tampa. We were standing next to each other waiting for the tram to the baggage claim, and not wanting to pass up the moment, I struck up a conversation with him about Pearl Jam. This was several months after he notoriously left the team and the park in an ape costume, and went to South America with Ed and the band. I asked him point blank, "Is Pearl Jam ever going to play Fenway?" He replied, "Someday they will". After that encounter, I am confident that one year this will happen. If not May 18th, one day.

Also, there is currently no concert scheduled at Fenway in 2010. Just saying.

Tell us more about the Theo conversation?!?!
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    The Celtics suck this year...i see them falling flat on their faces in the second round...if they even make it there.

and the Bruins....they suck even worse....they are gone in the first round! if they even make the playoffs that is.

while this is true

they're not officially OUT of the playoffs
    thackerj wrote:
    Celts need to get bounced by the 2nd round, otherwise Round 3 Game 1 is at TD Garden on May 18.

Also, the Orpheum is open in May.

where are you getting these dates??
  • morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    OMG, I need them to announce this show SOMEWHERE already!! Ticket pairs for the first show are now behind the stage. Do it!! Announce another show!! please?
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • I really believe that if the Celtics have a home playoff game on May 18th that Boston will get either Fenway or a 10c only show at the Orpheum. If the playoff schedule takes shape in mid-April, one month should be more than enough time to make things happen.

Yes please on either of those options!!!
  • idreaminredidreaminred Posts: 314
    imalive wrote:
    I went to fenway once.....not impressed. :shock:

Anybody who isn't blown away the first time they go to Fenway MUST be on drugs. I literally fell in love with the place the first time I went there. Best ballpark in the country.
  • AO JammaAO Jamma Posts: 53
    I really want the 18th to be at the Orpheum. That show would be nuts!! Plus I missed them when they were there last, 1994, the day after a Boston Garden show. Check out that setlist, yeah I've been hitting myself in ever since.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been lucky to attend every show in New England since 1996.
    AO Jamma wrote:
    I really want the 18th to be at the Orpheum. That show would be nuts!! Plus I missed them when they were there last, 1994, the day after a Boston Garden show. Check out that setlist, yeah I've been hitting myself in ever since.

I'm pretty sure thousands of people want that

we'd also like to sprout wings and fly

;)
    AO Jamma wrote:

I'm pretty sure thousands of people want that

we'd also like to sprout wings and fly

;)
    Thousands for a place that holds 2800, if it ever happened the demand would make the Vic seem like an easy ticket purchase experience.
    The only way they could do it nowadays is if they emailed only MA 10clubbers and offered the opportunity to buy tix like they did to New Yorkers for things like Letterman, a "public" 10c sale would fry this place.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Thousands for a place that holds 2800, if it ever happened the demand would make the Vic seem like an easy ticket purchase experience.
    The only way they could do it nowadays is if they emailed only MA 10clubbers and offered the opportunity to buy tix like they did to New Yorkers for things like Letterman, a "public" 10c sale would fry this place.

word Ponc!...a Mass-hole only show!...why the fuck not?! that would be soooooooooooo sweet!! :ugeek:
  • Poncier wrote:

word Ponc!...a Mass-hole only show!...why the fuck not?! that would be soooooooooooo sweet!! :ugeek:

Bitching on this board would reach an all time high.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Poncier wrote:

1) I love the avatar pic!

2) A Mass-Hole only show would be wicked pissah!!!
    Poncier wrote:

Bitching on this board would reach an all time high.
    But as long as I was perched in the double lettered Orchestra at the Orpheum, I wouldn't mind the bitching. :mrgreen:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    the irving plaza situation was the best

had to live within 10 miles of the venue
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • AO JammaAO Jamma Posts: 53
    Poncier wrote:

Bitching on this board would reach an all time high.[/quote]
    But as long as I was perched in the double lettered Orchestra at the Orpheum, I wouldn't mind the bitching. :mrgreen:[/quote]

cosign
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Been lucky to attend every show in New England since 1996.
  • BD3583BD3583 Posts: 3
    Gillete would be awesome...anything but the New Garden again where the acoustics suck hooribly! That's why I go to MSG...that is a place to see a concert, and they don't shut the beer off until just before the concert ends, which by the way they do at Gillette as soon as the main act starts! Oh, and did I mention the sound at MSG...it is effing killer!
  • BD3583 wrote:
    Gillete would be awesome...anything but the New Garden again where the acoustics suck hooribly! That's why I go to MSG...that is a place to see a concert, and they don't shut the beer off until just before the concert ends, which by the way they do at Gillette as soon as the main act starts! Oh, and did I mention the sound at MSG...it is effing killer!

Fuck Gillette. So much of the awesomeness of a PJ show gets lost in a football stadium.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582

Fuck Gillette.

+1
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    So many people bashing Fenway on this thread, but Gillette Stadium makes Fenway look like fn Benaroya Hall!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925

• 1) I love the avatar pic!

2) A Mass-Hole only show would be wicked pissah!!!

:lol::lol: thanks man...and hell yeah it would be!!

Poncier wrote:
    But as long as I was perched in the double lettered Orchestra at the Orpheum, I wouldn't mind the bitching. :mrgreen:

me either! :mrgreen:

hmmm... maybe i should change my address ;)

oh and i had no idea orpheum is only 2800

what about the wang?

what other small venues do we have?

My living room?

hmmm... maybe i should change my address ;)

oh and i had no idea orpheum is only 2800

what about the wang?

I think Wang holds like 3,600 or 3,700.

There's The Opera House of course where EV played, the occasional rock show there.
  • BD3583BD3583 Posts: 3
    Have you seen a show at Fenway? To compare Fenway and Gillette is just silly...PJ has the sound required for a Stadium Show...trust me. Have you ever been to the Gorge? The new Garden sucks for sound, even in the first 5 rows where I was the last time and hope to be this time! I say they play the B of A Pavillion...now that would rock!
  • Tsongas arena Lowell Mass baby!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

they have not played here since '92!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BD3583 wrote:
    I say they play the B of A Pavillion...now that would rock!

that would be AWESOME!!!!!
  • BD3583 wrote:
    I say they play the B of A Pavillion...now that would rock!

that would be AWESOME!!!!!

thirded. BOAP is my favorite boston venue save for the $10 beers. Just not Fenway. I was there for Phish and had field seats and the sound was still terrible. But would go back again for Phish or PJ. I just don't want to have to. Another night at the garden is fine.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • AlbeAlbe Posts: 22
    Sorry, I don't see this happening this year.

I really hope the band plays Fenway for you guys, shit, I would be willing to drive up from South Jersey for that!

But come on, Pearl Jam isn't the Rolling Stones. They can't play a theater, arena and stadium in one city like the Stones did in 02, although a great idea and pipe dream.

Then again...maybe, if they couldn't get a 2nd show on the 18 cause of the Celtics or Bruins, they could just do Fenway on the 17? Then do a Boston club show, or hit up another city, on May 18.