Fenway on May 18?

Comments

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    OK, so I saw a concert there last spring, and my seats were behind home plate. The stage was at center field. I could not have been further away, I couldn't see a fucking thing, even the big screens were teeny tiny from my seat. There's no way I will ever see another show there unless I'm guaranteed good seats.

that's my fear about fenway too

i'm not for the idea

but if it's either PJ at fenway or nothing

well :mrgreen:
  • like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582

but if it's either PJ at fenway or nothing

well :mrgreen:

Oh, well, yeah, when you put it that way.... :lol:
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I knew there are a lot of you out there that don't want to see this happening and really, I understand where you're coming from. To me, it would just be a very special thing in my life. Really my two favorite things in the world together, PJ and the Sox. I agree the sound and sightlines aren't the best, or even that good, but I, for one, would be euphoric at this show.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I, for one, would be euphoric at this show.

Dude, that's unavoidable, it just happens completely unintentionally by breathing in and out. 8-)
  • EasyEEasyE Posts: 66
    Fenway would be cool and would make a great DVD.

If a second night in Boston were on tap, they'd already be pre-planning and selling tickets.

It's Albany. And, it's Leatherman's show.
  • jj274219jj274219 Posts: 20
    Fenway would be a treat. for god's sake not Gillette. Saw U2 there last year and it was horrible. couldn't understand a thing from the constant echo in half the place.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,850
    Fenway Park is fucking huge. You don't just surprise announce a date like that. You bill the tour around the fact that you're even playing there.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Actually a while back I heard someone say Fenway was considering a twin-bill of Aerosmith and the Dropkick Murphys. If they're considering this, of all shows, why not us?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Anyone else want to bash my idea?

I talked to Josh Beckett last night and he wants Fenway for the 18th. He said he'd even come back from New York a day early to catch the show. He's gonna break out the fake nose and glasses so John Henry doesn't notice.
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    I would rather they play a 2nd night at the Garden.

Me too, it's more compact. Besides, it's not "suspicious" at all. They do this every single time they play Boston/Mansfield. I don't know if it's on Pearl Jam's end or the promoter or the venue, but every single time they wait to see if the first Boston show sells out to book a second. Come on, it's Pearl Jam and Boston. It's like waiting to see if peanut butter tastes better on it's own before adding the jelly.
    jj274219 wrote:
    Fenway would be a treat. for god's sake not Gillette. Saw U2 there last year and it was horrible. couldn't understand a thing from the constant echo in half the place.

ditto on that one. But I doubt PJ would ever play one night at Gillette. That wouldn't make the least bit of sense on so many levels.
  • jbmulder9jbmulder9 Posts: 228
    Lauri wrote:
    I would rather they play a 2nd night at the Garden.

Me too, it's more compact. Besides, it's not "suspicious" at all. They do this every single time they play Boston/Mansfield. I don't know if it's on Pearl Jam's end or the promoter or the venue, but every single time they wait to see if the first Boston show sells out to book a second. Come on, it's Pearl Jam and Boston. It's like waiting to see if peanut butter tastes better on it's own before adding the jelly.

+1 on this. i'll be very surprised if the 18th is not boston.
    1994 boston II
    1996 hartford
    2003 albany
    2003 mansfield I, II, III
    2004 boston I, II
    2006 boston II
    2008 mansfield II
    2009 philadelphia I, IV
    2010 buffalo, hartford, boston
    EasyE wrote:

If a second night in Boston were on tap, they'd already be pre-planning and selling tickets.

not true. they've done this many times in the past.
    I really believe that if the Celtics have a home playoff game on May 18th that Boston will get either Fenway or a 10c only show at the Orpheum. If the playoff schedule takes shape in mid-April, one month should be more than enough time to make things happen.
  • STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    May 18th is going to be a New Jersey date:

Prudential Center
    Izod arena
    PNC Bank arts center
    Borgata.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    My sincere apologies for stepping on the toes of yellowporch. Ive been away and didn't notice the other thread. Sorry, got a little trigger happy.

That being said, anybody for Fenway???

I'll let it slide this time ;)8-)
    I can remember Eddie saying something about Fenway in 08 in Mansfield
    I want a Rhody show in the worst way...
  • jbmulder9jbmulder9 Posts: 228
    My sincere apologies for stepping on the toes of yellowporch. Ive been away and didn't notice the other thread. Sorry, got a little trigger happy.

+1 on Rhode Island...even if you were joking lol
    1994 boston II
    1996 hartford
    2003 albany
    2003 mansfield I, II, III
    2004 boston I, II
    2006 boston II
    2008 mansfield II
    2009 philadelphia I, IV
    2010 buffalo, hartford, boston
  • yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    jbmulder9 wrote:

+1 on Rhode Island...even if you were joking lol

I wasn't :P I DARE them to play the Dunk!
    I really believe that if the Celtics have a home playoff game on May 18th that Boston will get either Fenway or a 10c only show at the Orpheum. If the playoff schedule takes shape in mid-April, one month should be more than enough time to make things happen.

The Orpheum is only open November through April - no air conditioning.
  • momofglynnmomofglynn Posts: 849
    i am also thinking that this could be a small venue in Boston. Such as when the band played the Webster in NYC. why not the opera house or the orpheum or HOB for that matter. I dont care as long as its a boston show. But I dont think it will be Fenway but I would like to dream of it being a small venue opportunity.
    Let's Go Red Sox!
    fenway-park-aerial-night.jpg
    May 18th? TBD
  • AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Posts: 1,510
    The Garden isn't even close to being sold out... I think Fenway is out of the question at the moment. :(
    The Garden isn't even close to being sold out... I think Fenway is out of the question at the moment. :(
    How about Pearl Jam and Soundgarden twin bill? That would sell out fast. I just want Fenway.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I wouldn't say that it's not close to selling out. You can get a random ticket up in the balcony, but all pairs are selling for behind the stage.

My buddy has a friend who works in the ticketing dept at TDBanknorth. Much like others, he said that the Bruins and Celtics both have holds on that date, and PJ is waiting for the schedule. He said if the Bruins are eliminated* from playoff contention before then, the date will go to PJ. The NHL season goes until around April 11th, I think. Do people think they'll potentially wait until the second week of April to announce the show?

*The Bruins are currently in 8th place, one point ahead of the team behind them.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    If PJ announced a small Boston venue for a 10C only show, you think tickets to the Northeast shows would be hard to get? This website would shutdown with an overload. You'd have ever 10C member east of the Mississippi trying for these tix. Hopefully they just play a second night at the Garden. That is what I am hoping for.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • youngster wrote:
    If PJ announced a small Boston venue for a 10C only show, you think tickets to the Northeast shows would be hard to get? This website would shutdown with an overload. You'd have ever 10C member east of the Mississippi trying for these tix. Hopefully they just play a second night at the Garden. That is what I am hoping for.

+1
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• thackerjthackerj Posts: 6
    Celts need to get bounced by the 2nd round, otherwise Round 3 Game 1 is at TD Garden on May 18.

Also, the Orpheum is open in May.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    thackerj wrote:
    Celts need to get bounced by the 2nd round, otherwise Round 3 Game 1 is at TD Garden on May 18.

To have homecourt in round three, Wouldn't the Celtics need the following, The Cavs lose in round 1 or2 (not likely) and they were to beat the Magic in Round 2 (again not likely). Since they are 3rd right now, they would need to beat the Magic on the road right?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    thackerj wrote:
    Being one who doesn't follow basketball in the least, what's the timeframe for this bouncing to happen?

thackerj wrote:
    yes :D that would be a sweet show.