Final Fantasy XIII

124»

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Rygar wrote:
    You think everything with a PS3 logo is a good game ;)

Riiiight...
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    You think everything with a PS3 logo is a good game ;)

Riiiight...
    :P
    Kevin Butler needs to switch to Capital One.
  • jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    got to cid raines last night and i thought this guy was gonna be tougher than the primarch and i had trouble at first and went online to see other people's strategy, and nothing seemed to work. then i tried something and i beat him in like two and a half mins. it was awesome. haha :D
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,572
    I got 6 more side missions to go. They are by far the hardest i've ever played. Guess i'll be playing the field and battling more enemies for crystals. Each player has three 5 ranks, and all are above 2 for each. The huge green fellow who shoots out 10,000 bullets is nuts. :shock:
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Just put in Disc 3. I just did the battle aagainst the big Fal'lcie guy and well i ran out of time as he cast Death on Lightning and i ran out. My team was Fang, Hope and Light but ran out of time so i went with Fang, Light and Vanille. I knew it would be better to have debuffs rather than buffs, posion + deshell + deprotect = instant win!!
    So I am avoiding most of this thread due to the spoilerific nature of it, but I'm nearing the end of Chapter 7 and I am wondering what everyone did with Snow's weapon upgrades? I have two, one is upgraded at level 1 for 1500 exp, and the other is in line with the usual weapons (300, etc).
    Does upgrading the expensive exp items become easier as you go, and are components what everyone spends their money on?
    Rygar wrote:
    So I am avoiding most of this thread due to the spoilerific nature of it, but I'm nearing the end of Chapter 7 and I am wondering what everyone did with Snow's weapon upgrades? I have two, one is upgraded at level 1 for 1500 exp, and the other is in line with the usual weapons (300, etc).
    Does upgrading the expensive exp items become easier as you go, and are components what everyone spends their money on?

I havent upgraded a single weapon!

Im saving them all for the 'best' weapons, did a little research online, get them all around chap 13.
    Brisk. wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

I havent upgraded a single weapon!

Im saving them all for the 'best' weapons, did a little research online, get them all around chap 13.
    Oh, good tip thanks. I have been steadily upgrading their weapons but Snow's is the first one with such a drastic exp difference so I held off.
    This game is bloody hard, ever since chapter 11 onwards..

Without giving too many spoilers im at the bit where you gotta do the 3 missions for each of the guys, the 1st ooze was okay but the next boss the wide thing with his two robots, so fucking hard, just cant do it!
    Brisk. wrote:

Without giving too many spoilers im at the bit where you gotta do the 3 missions for each of the guys, the 1st ooze was okay but the next boss the wide thing with his two robots, so fucking hard, just cant do it!
    I was storming the paramecia or whatever the hell the PSICOM ship is called when my PS3 died (again).
    Rygar wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I was storming the paramecia or whatever the hell the PSICOM ship is called when my PS3 died (again).

ah lame! ps3's suck :P
    Brisk. wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

ah lame! ps3's suck :P
    lol, I'm pretty hard on mine (not physically)
    Although it was a local repair (he did say it'd happen again, a week, a month a year, who knows).
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Brisk. wrote:

I assume you're in the tower area then? The missions are not that difficult, provided you've reached the L4 role levels in the Crystarium. For the battle team, I used Lightning (Rav/Com/Med), Fang (Com/Sen/Sab)and Hope (Rav/Med/Syn). Your main paradigm should be Delta Attack. When the enemies chain gauges are at round 50%, switch to Mystic Tower to fill up their gauges, then go to Relentless Attack to wipe out their asses! And all these can be achieved without any weapon upgrades.
    demetrios wrote:
    I got 6 more side missions to go. They are by far the hardest i've ever played. Guess i'll be playing the field and battling more enemies for crystals. Each player has three 5 ranks, and all are above 2 for each. The huge green fellow who shoots out 10,000 bullets is nuts. :shock:

You already completed Chapter 13?
    KevDylan wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I assume you're in the tower area then? The missions are not that difficult, provided you've reached the L4 role levels in the Crystarium. For the battle team, I used Lightning (Rav/Com/Med), Fang (Com/Sen/Sab)and Hope (Rav/Med/Syn). Your main paradigm should be Delta Attack. When the enemies chain gauges are at round 50%, switch to Mystic Tower to fill up their gauges, then go to Relentless Attack to wipe out their asses! And all these can be achieved without any weapon upgrades.

Nope, i have barely done 1 crystanthium for level 3, where is best place to grind?
    Brisk. wrote:
    KevDylan wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Nope, i have barely done 1 crystanthium for level 3, where is best place to grind?

It's amazing you've made it this far. I'm at the start of Chap 12 and the battles are really hard, even with the highest role level.

What you can do is go back to Ma'habara, the first dungeon on Gran Pulse and farm for CP there. There are an abundance of enemies, and you can sneak up on most of them for preemptive strikes.
    I have just gone up and down on the lift to grind so i've completed like the main role crysanthium with people, i go painaga with Fang which will actually make the fight a doddle seeing they constant bum of buffed up little robots just kills me.
    WALK IN THE PARK!!
    Brisk. wrote:
    WALK IN THE PARK!!
    At the spot where you're Hope's apartment in Chapter 7 (I think 7) I noticed that if you kept running around the apartment the two groups of enemies kept respawning.

I'm on hold for now.

Anyone know if there is any PS3 slim deals/bundles in the works? The 120gig/300 dollar model, specifically...
    Rygar wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    WALK IN THE PARK!!
    At the spot where you're Hope's apartment in Chapter 7 (I think 7) I noticed that if you kept running around the apartment the two groups of enemies kept respawning.

I'm on hold for now.

Anyone know if there is any PS3 slim deals/bundles in the works? The 120gig/300 dollar model, specifically...

Not sure what Walmart got but Best Buy has the 250 gig one @ 349.99. I won't step foot in any Futureshop store anymore with what has been happening lately in stores. Not sure how long they have been doing this but they are doing trade ins on used games. Futureshop, is selling now used games. I checked out some of the merchandise & a few games I saw even had clear wrap around the used game like it was brand you. You can't even tell now entering that store if you are buying/paying for a new game/system. I won't shop there if I were you.

My first day release 60 gig system is still going & going. So far I have put over 100 hours in Final Fantasy XIII. Need to complete 4 side mission bosses. 62 is the hardest ever! All 6 of my players have a level 5 for 5 abilities on the crystal chart. Right now almost close to 4 level. But the end of this week, should have them each @ 5. Badges are totally ranked up. Not sure how anybody has got over 30,000 gil's in the game. I'm even on the Chocoboo's digging around the open areas, and not getting any gils. Some weapons & badges, you need over 100,000 gils. :shock:
    demetrios wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    WALK IN THE PARK!!

I'm on hold for now.

Not sure what Walmart got but Best Buy has the 250 gig one @ 349.99. I won't step foot in any Futureshop store anymore with what has been happening lately in stores. Not sure how long they have been doing this but they are doing trade ins on used games. Futureshop, is selling now used games. I checked out some of the merchandise & a few games I saw even had clear wrap around the used game like it was brand you. You can't even tell now entering that store if you are buying/paying for a new game/system. I won't shop there if I were you.

My first day release 60 gig system is still going & going. So far I have put over 100 hours in Final Fantasy XIII. Need to complete 4 side mission bosses. 62 is the hardest ever! All 6 of my players have a level 5 for 5 abilities on the crystal chart. Right now almost close to 4 level. But the end of this week, should have them each @ 5. Badges are totally ranked up. Not sure how anybody has got over 30,000 gil's in the game. I'm even on the Chocoboo's digging around the open areas, and not getting any gils. Some weapons & badges, you need over 100,000 gils. :shock:
    I haven't had a problem like that with FS. Xbox has security seals on new games too (I know you speak of PS3 though).
    Rygar wrote:
    I haven't had a problem like that with FS. Xbox has security seals on new games too (I know you speak of PS3 though).

Last night I was @ the Dartmouth Crossing store. It was around 6pm. The place was like dead silence, only a few cars @ the lot. I went & picked up a bluray film. While looking around the video gaming section, it was just wild. Flyers & banners with these promo "trade 3 games, get one free!" Trade in used games for credit on the latest new games etc.. Looked around and man, there were tons of used crap. Not for nothing but when I shop into a huge retail store, where online & even in stores is they sell NEW products to their customers, I would expect all their products are new. Gaming systems, i've heard of the refurbished thing for year's. But software/cd's/pc-roms/video games, they shouldn't be selling those used products @ Futureshop. BestBuy who own's Futureshop right? .. a store that's across the street @ the Dartmouth Crossing doesn't even sell or trade in used crap. EBgames have been doing it for year's. I never thought huge retail stores sold used software. I guess times are rough! :|
    demetrios wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Last night I was @ the Dartmouth Crossing store. It was around 6pm. The place was like dead silence, only a few cars @ the lot. I went & picked up a bluray film. While looking around the video gaming section, it was just wild. Flyers & banners with these promo "trade 3 games, get one free!" Trade in used games for credit on the latest new games etc.. Looked around and man, there were tons of used crap. Not for nothing but when I shop into a huge retail store, where online & even in stores is they sell NEW products to their customers, I would expect all their products are new. Gaming systems, i've heard of the refurbished thing for year's. But software/cd's/pc-roms/video games, they shouldn't be selling those used products @ Futureshop. BestBuy who own's Futureshop right? .. a store that's across the street @ the Dartmouth Crossing doesn't even sell or trade in used crap. EBgames have been doing it for year's. I never thought huge retail stores sold used software. I guess times are rough! :|
    I know FS in DC has used games, never noticed used CDs or other software in there before. I've always found their used games to be labelled (and otherwise quite easy to tell based on the wrap job - they re-wrap all their used stuff) in there though.
    Best Buy does own FS, and they sell used games as well (last aisle in the games section before you go over into the computer area).
    Rygar wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    WALK IN THE PARK!!

I'm on hold for now.

Yeah man level up a bit there, the next boss raped me 1st time round but i figured it out. Dont forget to grab the +50 str item in the corner of the room as well!
    So i think i'm at the end boss but doing the missions to get the egg item, up to about mission 45 i think, tis such an effort having to re do them over and over again. The 3 tonberrys were soo hard but got there after about a million attempts to get pre emptive + fortisol + aegistol + stagger + bahamut lol.

Could do with dragoon lance too.

Best way to get item which lets you upgrade past level 41?