Final Fantasy XIII

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Lame, i home for easter so i cant play on my 1080i tv which is at uni, gotta do the game now on my 1440x900 17 inch monitor grr unless i wait 2 weeks but i cant, i wanna do this game.

Never been so bothered it just FF13 is a really nice looking game hmm
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    demetrios wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Oh that and my PS3 died. Got my game out and system fixed, at least...

D'oh! Got a warranty on it? When the PS2 first came out back in '00, I added like a 4 year Warranty over @ Futureshop. Still to this day I have ever had any problems with it. The PS2 was my first DVD player too. Same as my PS3 is my first Bluray player. I did my preorder for PS3 over in Mic Mac Mall. Almost the 20th person in line! Yep, i'm a gaming nerd! :geek:
    No warranty, nope. It's ok, they only wanted 229.95 to get it fixed.....

Found a guy local does 'em for 30. It is fixed and runs again. I tried to trade it in today but they offered me 125 for it so I kept it.
    Got another quesiton, i just got the tutorial about Paradigms, just wondering if its better to set the most people i can to commando or for ravager. I am guessing ravager is for bosses and commando for normal leveling up?

How long does stagger last for btw?

Have just put battle speed to slow, so much is going on all the time!

But im liking it!
    Brisk. wrote:
    Got another quesiton, i just got the tutorial about Paradigms, just wondering if its better to set the most people i can to commando or for ravager. I am guessing ravager is for bosses and commando for normal leveling up?

How long does stagger last for btw?

Have just put battle speed to slow, so much is going on all the time!

But im liking it!
    I think ravagers will get the percentage closer to stagger and commandos will keep it from decreasing fast. Ravagers will always attack the commando's target as well.
    I'm not sure how stagger varies from boss to boss - I guess the more it takes to fill the bar the longer it lasts?
    Don't ignore medic, synergist or sabateur, especially the medic ;)
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Best offensive paradigm is Relentless Assault; 2 Ravagers and 1 Commando.
    To quickly stagger using only 2 characters, start with Com and Rav, to prevent the enemy's chain gauge from depleting fast, and then switch to 2 Ravs to build up the gauge fast. It works most of the time, especially in the first few chapters.
    Rygar wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Not just graphics. Soundtrack, controls, amount of game time, environments & gameplay is great. If you owned (like I do) & enjoyed playing the latest 2 FF games (aka FFX & FFXII), then you will like this installment! As for CG, and playing this game on the PS3, it rocks! 8-)
    Well the CG is great yes. I don't really have any complaints about the game, other than it leans much more to the lamer FF games (like 10, lol) instead of the better ones.
    Oh that and my PS3 died. Got my game out and system fixed, at least...
    I actually do have another complaint - after close to 6 hours the characters are not likeable at all, especially the main char.
    And while the graphics are good they still use too much florescent highlights...
    Riight so this is what i got atm..

I am now about 3 hours 30 in and i've been doing some thinking.. i've put Vanille as medic and basically been doing her medic crysanthium and been giving her the healing gear, i have now changed lLightning as my Ravager as Snow is my commando because he has more strength than Lightning. Is this good?

Also lightning's magic is slightly higher atm, didnt relise she had lightning, think this enemy here is weak to that!

And whats better Ruin or normal attack :S
    Brisk. wrote:

I am now about 3 hours 30 in and i've been doing some thinking.. i've put Vanille as medic and basically been doing her medic crysanthium and been giving her the healing gear, i have now changed lLightning as my Ravager as Snow is my commando because he has more strength than Lightning. Is this good?

Also lightning's magic is slightly higher atm, didnt relise she had lightning, think this enemy here is weak to that!

Well you'll max out each characters role chrysanthium (?) and can build up other roles as well. Vanille will also make a good saboteur and keep Lightning as a commando foremost.
    Rygar wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Well you'll max out each characters role chrysanthium (?) and can build up other roles as well. Vanille will also make a good saboteur and keep Lightning as a commando foremost.

Just did the first boss and died, this game is actually pretty tough or i totally suck. but i've done ff7-13 lol!

As well surely at my level i can get away with just using potions instead of switching paradigms?

OMG i just tried again and died, he hit me twice?!

Im just gonna stick with medic!!
    Brisk. wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Just did the first boss and died, this game is actually pretty tough or i totally suck. but i've done ff7-13 lol!

As well surely at my level i can get away with just using potions instead of switching paradigms?
    Which boss is the first one? The falcie? Potions are good in an emergency, but after 8 hours I find the medic to be much more effective.
    Rygar wrote:

Which boss is the first one? The falcie? Potions are good in an emergency, but after 8 hours I find the medic to be much more effective.[/quote]

Just died AGAIN, he does like 2 moves at the same time its fucking retarded. Yeah it's this big machine thing in the crystal place.

What is better, Ruin or normal Attack?

And im confused.. do ravagers use magic stat or str stat?

5th time lucky, im equpping lightning with hp bonus items and she has low health
    Brisk. wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Which boss is the first one? The falcie? Potions are good in an emergency, but after 8 hours I find the medic to be much more effective.

Just died AGAIN, he does like 2 moves at the same time its fucking retarded. Yeah it's this big machine thing in the crystal place.

What is better, Ruin or normal Attack?

And im confused.. do ravagers use magic stat or str stat?

5th time lucky, im equpping lightning with hp bonus items and she has low health[/quote]
    A good safety practice is to keep a medic paradigm going every time you see the health bar turn yellow (don't take any chances), and only switch to commando/rav/rav after the last cast of heal by your medic.

Ruin vs attack - I haven't noticed much of a difference unless your character is attacking with an elemental effect that the target is weak against. I usually auto the commando and have been satisfied with the results.
    Yeah seemed lightning's health just sucks and that did the trick.

Thanks for the tip.

Do ravagers use magic stat or str stat?
    Brisk. wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

Magic if they're straight up casting a spell. I would think, although am not entirely certain, that the magic stat will also come into effect if it's being used as an added effect on an attack.

I didn't aim for one stat or the other, just kept using up CP till all the stats and skills were hit.
    Rygar wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

Thanks for the tip.

Magic if they're straight up casting a spell. I would think, although am not entirely certain, that the magic stat will also come into effect if it's being used as an added effect on an attack.

I didn't aim for one stat or the other, just kept using up CP till all the stats and skills were hit.

OK cool.

AAANNNDDDDD....Im guessing NOT to buy equipment?
    Brisk. wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

OK cool.

AAANNNDDDDD....Im guessing NOT to buy equipment?
    I wouldn't - in typical FF fashion they come to you anyway. I haven't bought a thing yet.
    edited April 2010
    I see the enemies re appear after you load back on.. when i get my full party i think im gonna abuse this!

Also i ask...for the Saboteurs.. the more they do deshell or de protect, the more it does or once you apply it you can lower their magic or str defense anymore? cos it seems to me the icon jut refreshes and it doesn't actually take even more protection off?

Dunno whats better as well, atm i got

ravager - saz
    ravager - lightning
    sabateur - vanile

but not sure if its better to keep lightning as commando.. more powerful attack but does that mean i will get more chain if i go ravager simply because of its ability?

I been experimenting and Vanille just gets STR on her weapon upgrades which seems pointless to me, Sazh seems to be the best, he gets loads of magic but may as well keep him as ravager still even though he just learned commando as his magic is much higher. Then there is lightning's who is good. JUst worried if i waste all my materials on these weapons then i pick up a new weapon...
    Post edited by Brisk. on
    Ignore everything i said!

But now i just got the battle team function and im sitting here racking my brains to figure out who to have hmm.

Okay im thinking Lightning, Fang and Hope or Vanille. I hate Hope as a character but im trying to work out is it better to have buffs on yourself i.e syngergist from hope or better to have someone who can debuff i.e saboteur Vanille.
    Brisk. wrote:

But now i just got the battle team function and im sitting here racking my brains to figure out who to have hmm.

Okay im thinking Lightning, Fang and Hope or Vanille. I hate Hope as a character but im trying to work out is it better to have buffs on yourself i.e syngergist from hope or better to have someone who can debuff i.e saboteur Vanille.
    I think you're ahead of me now. I haven't unlocked the battle team function. Definitely keep a commando in rotation to keep the stagger percentage from dropping (often I will attack once or twice with the command then switch to all ravager paradigm, and swap back if it's not making any headway towards stagger).

SPOILER -

I just made it to the cutscene last night where Snow and Fang show up and save Hope and Lightning.
    Rygar wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I think you're ahead of me now. I haven't unlocked the battle team function. Definitely keep a commando in rotation to keep the stagger percentage from dropping (often I will attack once or twice with the command then switch to all ravager paradigm, and swap back if it's not making any headway towards stagger).

SPOILER -

I just made it to the cutscene last night where Snow and Fang show up and save Hope and Lightning.

Catch up slacker, im almost at the end of chapter 9 :P
    Brisk. wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Lol I have too many games on the go at all times.
    I had to play some midnight club on the 360 yesterday.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Rygar wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Lol I have too many games on the go at all times.
    I had to play some midnight club on the 360 yesterday.
    I have the "too many games" problem also. I have FFXIII still siting in its wrapper because I want to finish Mass Effect 2 and Dragon's Age first. Hell, I still need to beat Super Mario Galaxy before the new one comes out
    Jason P wrote:
    I have the "too many games" problem also. I have FFXIII still siting in its wrapper because I want to finish Mass Effect 2 and Dragon's Age first. Hell, I still need to beat Super Mario Galaxy before the new one comes out
    Not meaning to derail, but both of those are pretty sweet. I beat em both once. I will get back to them eventually (I played through the original Mass Effect 7 times).
    This weekend was the first time I logged more than 1 hour into FF13 in one sitting, it is getting more fun to play as time goes on, I think I'm just under 14 hours logged or something.
  • jr19jr19 Posts: 338
    i just beat Bathadelus or whatever his name is. the primarch at the end of chapter 9. it took me a few days to do this. but i cant quit playing other games such as Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, and God of War 3, and i still want to get back into Resident evil 5. i dont have enough time though. haha :mrgreen:
    jr19 wrote:
    i just beat Bathadelus or whatever his name is. the primarch at the end of chapter 9. it took me a few days to do this. but i cant quit playing other games such as Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, and God of War 3, and i still want to get back into Resident evil 5. i dont have enough time though. haha :mrgreen:
    Ugh, KZ2 was terrible :P
    Rygar wrote:
    jr19 wrote:
    no way man. best multiplayer shooter
    jr19 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jr19 wrote:
    no way man. best multiplayer shooter
    Hated it!
    Great graphics, though ;)
    yeah i realize it wasnt for everyone. but i just really got into it. cant wait for kz3.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Rygar wrote:
    jr19 wrote:

No way.
    I thought it was a good game!

The controls took a little time to get used to, but once I did I really enjoyed it.
    mca47 wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jr19 wrote:

No way.
    I thought it was a good game!

The controls took a little time to get used to, but once I did I really enjoyed it.
    You think everything with a PS3 logo is a good game ;)