Final Fantasy XIII

Comments

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Oh and its too Sci-Fi :( bring back the old shit!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Brisk. wrote:
    Just finished playing the first 1 hour 10 mins, was really linear and boring. Trying to figure out the fighting system, and i dont think that stagger thing is good. Quite hard to work out whats going on in battle as well, maybe im not just used to it.
    Definitely not as good as the old school ones.
    It is very linear and boring until nearing 3 hours when you unlock levelling, and then customization. Things get better from there, keep goin.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,572
    Brisk. wrote:
    Just finished playing the first 1 hour 10 mins, was really linear and boring. Trying to figure out the fighting system, and i dont think that stagger thing is good. Quite hard to work out whats going on in battle as well, maybe im not just used to it.

It will get better 3 hours in. Just keep fighting enemies which will give me much crystals which you can upgrade each characters abilities. Plus upgrade. I ended Lightning's sword @ L.52! Game play is pretty fast past after the first few levels.
    Brisk. wrote:
    Oh and its too Sci-Fi :( bring back the old shit!

I read some where's they will continue the FFXIII series story & theme for FFXV. I think it's great. :D
    Rygar wrote:
    I'm looking forward to finishing this, almost as much as I'm looking forward to getting the disc out of the dead playstation...

:shock:
    demetrios wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

It will get better 3 hours in. Just keep fighting enemies which will give me much crystals which you can upgrade each characters abilities. Plus upgrade. I ended Lightning's sword @ L.52! Game play is pretty fast past after the first few levels.

I see, any other top tips?
    All my housemate gone home, the dolby digital 5.1 sound sytem is free.. the xbox 360 is also there.. should i listen to all the PJ albums and play FF13? :D
  • Just finished this.

Pretty meh overall. Ending is a pile o' shit - very Disney.

Lost Odyseey was better.
    Brisk. wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

I see, any other top tips?

Just keep fighting enemies, repeatably before you head to the next stage. More you do, the more crystals you will get & accessories which will built your characters. And always have a Syngerist in your L1 choice of battle. Cause it will make your fighting battles more faster. You will see the blue bar slowly moving to the right for all 3 gauges to attack. With a Syngerist, you will see the color turn to red and the bar will fastly move, so you can attack for faster. Max you can get is 5 gauges.
    Brisk. wrote:
    All my housemate gone home, the dolby digital 5.1 sound sytem is free.. the xbox 360 is also there.. should i listen to all the PJ albums and play FF13? :D

The soundtrack to FF13 is pretty good. For fighting, sports & shooting games, I got the Pearl Jam in the background sometimes. But RPG games, never done that before.
    Lost Odyseey was better.

Same creators who did many FF games with the old Square Soft Company. Might have to check that game out.
  • demetrios wrote:
    Lost Odyseey was better.

Same creators who did many FF games with the old Square Soft Company. Might have to check that game out.

Yeah Mistwalker.

Yeah, decent plot, some chrs are annoying but thats japenese games for you :lol:
    demetrios wrote:
    Lost Odyseey was better.

Yeah Mistwalker.

Yeah, decent plot, some chrs are annoying but thats japenese games for you :lol:
    Yup.
    Was a good game though!
    demetrios wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    I'm looking forward to finishing this, almost as much as I'm looking forward to getting the disc out of the dead playstation...

Yeah I have no luck with gaming consoles. Same number of faulty PS3s as I've had 360s.
    Rygar wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

Yeah I have no luck with gaming consoles. Same number of faulty PS3s as I've had 360s.

Which version of the PS3 do you got? I got mine when it came out. 60 gig one that you can play all the old ps2 & ps1 games. Not sure why the later models didn't have that enabled.

I have an Xbox 360 but really hate it. The fan is totally annoying & many times I get bad disc error's when playing a game. Even if it's a brand new game, right out of the case or and old game I had for year's. I had it fixed once last year from Microsoft Vancouver, but it's looking like it needs another tuneup. Been seeing the flashing red a few times.

Things though are pretty wild. I read the new Nintendo system that's in the works will have Bluray built into the system. Will Xbox get one? Seeing that it gave so much hate & press on the Bluray while it was supporting it's HDDVD evolution which flopped. :lol:
  • demetrios wrote:
    Which version of the PS3 do you got? I got mine when it came out. 60 gig one that you can play all the old ps2 & ps1 games. Not sure why the later models didn't have that enabled.

I have an Xbox 360 but really hate it. The fan is totally annoying & many times I get bad disc error's when playing a game. Even if it's a brand new game, right out of the case or and old game I had for year's. I had it fixed once last year from Microsoft Vancouver, but it's looking like it needs another tuneup. Been seeing the flashing red a few times.

Things though are pretty wild. I read the new Nintendo system that's in the works will have Bluray built into the system. Will Xbox get one? Seeing that it gave so much hate & press on the Bluray while it was supporting it's HDDVD evolution which flopped. :lol:

The new xbox models are really quiet. The old ones sound like a nuclear turbine!!!

Microsoft have said 'No' repeatedly about Blu Ray, they say the future is online distribution and i have to agree.
    demetrios wrote:

60G. First two had faulty fans right out of the box, last one's USB ports died, and the YLOD on this one.
    I'm getting it fixed (not from those douchebags Sony) and trading it in.
    They want 229.95 to get it fixed.
    I prefer my Xbox anyway (I am well aware of the shoddy hardware). If it didn't have a blu ray player I don't think I'd use my PS3 at all.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Well, after playing this game for 15 or so hours, I think I'm pretty close to trading it in.

It started off bad, got a little better, but I find myself bored while I play.
    The story is "meh" and filled with ultra cheesy moments. Super repetitive, and like I said...just kind of boring to me.

Pretty sure I'll be trading this in on God of War 3.
    mca47 wrote:
    Well, after playing this game for 15 or so hours, I think I'm pretty close to trading it in.

The story is "meh" and filled with ultra cheesy moments. Super repetitive, and like I said...just kind of boring to me.

I can understand that outlook, although I probably don't get as bored as you :P
    Played the GoW demo. Not for me. Still have gow1 I never got around to playing past the first 10 minutes...
    mca47 wrote:

God of War 3 kicks ass! It's a short game (beaten it on easy though) but great. Another sweet title Sony exclusive. Kinda wished FFXIII was too! :|

Where are you @ right now with FFXIII? If you think FFXIII is repetitive, GOD3 is the same thing. Slash & kill every few seconds. There's a few puzzles but totally easy. Both games with the same element. The more enemies you kill, you get upgrades. FFXIII you get crystals to upgrade player's ability; in GOD3, the more enemies you kill, you get red orbs to upgrade your swords & strength in battle.
    Cool Backspacer and Avocado done, just got past the cut scene of everyone at some random beach.

I still dont really get whats going on apart from the very obvious, like what is that thing that turned Serah into a crystal, where'd it come from etc?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Rygar wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I can understand that outlook, although I probably don't get as bored as you :P
    Played the GoW demo. Not for me. Still have gow1 I never got around to playing past the first 10 minutes...

I recently re-played the first two GOW games. I still think they are great games.
    I've read and heard GOW3 isn't much different, but I'm pretty excited about it.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    this thread convinced me FF XIII isnt for me.

Fallout 3 FTW
    Brisk. wrote:
    Cool Backspacer and Avocado done, just got past the cut scene of everyone at some random beach.

I still dont really get whats going on apart from the very obvious, like what is that thing that turned Serah into a crystal, where'd it come from etc?
    Check out your datalog - everything is documented in there...EVERYTHING.
    MayDay10 wrote:

Fallout 3 FTW
    Fallout 3 IS ftw. Fallout: New Vegas incoming!
    MayDay10 wrote:

Fallout 3 FTW

You'll miss out on some of the most amazing CG footage ever created for a video game. The opening cinematics that starts Chapter 12 can't be beat. If not now, check it out when it hits stores @ $29.99. It won't be too long.

"Final Fantasy XIII has sold over 1 million copies within five days of release in the U.S. and Canada, driving its first-week worldwide sales to 5 million! This is a landmark as FFXIII has now broken the franchise record by having the largest first-week sales in the series storied 23-year history. Overall the franchise has sold over 96 MILLION units worldwide!"
    demetrios wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Fallout 3 FTW

You'll miss out on some of the most amazing CG footage ever created for a video game. The opening cinematics that starts Chapter 12 can't be beat. If not now, check it out when it hits stores @ $29.99. It won't be too long.

"Final Fantasy XIII has sold over 1 million copies within five days of release in the U.S. and Canada, driving its first-week worldwide sales to 5 million! This is a landmark as FFXIII has now broken the franchise record by having the largest first-week sales in the series storied 23-year history. Overall the franchise has sold over 96 MILLION units worldwide!"
    Good graphics don't make a game though (cough cough killzone)
    Rygar wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

Fallout 3 FTW

Not just graphics. Soundtrack, controls, amount of game time, environments & gameplay is great. If you owned (like I do) & enjoyed playing the latest 2 FF games (aka FFX & FFXII), then you will like this installment! As for CG, and playing this game on the PS3, it rocks! 8-)
    demetrios wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Not just graphics. Soundtrack, controls, amount of game time, environments & gameplay is great. If you owned (like I do) & enjoyed playing the latest 2 FF games (aka FFX & FFXII), then you will like this installment! As for CG, and playing this game on the PS3, it rocks! 8-)
    Well the CG is great yes. I don't really have any complaints about the game, other than it leans much more to the lamer FF games (like 10, lol) instead of the better ones.
    Oh that and my PS3 died. Got my game out and system fixed, at least...
    Rygar wrote:
    Oh that and my PS3 died. Got my game out and system fixed, at least...

D'oh! Got a warranty on it? When the PS2 first came out back in '00, I added like a 4 year Warranty over @ Futureshop. Still to this day I have ever had any problems with it. The PS2 was my first DVD player too. Same as my PS3 is my first Bluray player. I did my preorder for PS3 over in Mic Mac Mall. Almost the 20th person in line! Yep, i'm a gaming nerd! :geek: