Pearl Jam NCAA March Madness Pool -- SIGN UPS CLOSED

Comments

• mfc2006 wrote:
    3 bootlegs arrived today!! Salt Lake 09, Seattle 09 & LA 2000!! thanks everyone!! think i'll take one to my car & start listening! :D

Congrats MFC! And, for the record, I believe I came in last place....There should be a consolation prize for being so shitty.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Just sent your Philly boot, no not that one, 9/1/00!!!!

Congrats, mfc2006!!!

walkunafraid, when is the next one of these? The Super Bowl? I was thinking maybe we could do a golf one for a major. Everyone picks a golfer and whoever finishes highest wins? Just a thought.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    rrivers wrote:

Congrats, mfc2006!!!

walkunafraid, when is the next one of these? The Super Bowl? I was thinking maybe we could do a golf one for a major. Everyone picks a golfer and whoever finishes highest wins? Just a thought.

thanks! that's a great idea! i'd be game for that!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    rrivers wrote:

Congrats, mfc2006!!!

Hmmm that could work if there is enough interest. However, somebody else might have to set that up (or at least help me) because I don't know squat about golf.

PS - I'm calling dibs on Tiger Woods. :lol:
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    I was also thinking of doing a March Madness-style bracket for the NBA Playoffs. There would be much fewer teams (16 instead of 64), but we could add bonus points for things such as # of games in a series (for instance, a correct prediction of 4-2 series win for the Lakers over the Spurs would get bonus points whereas somebody who picked the Lakers 4-3 would just win the regular points). Or we could just play straight up.

Anyone interested?

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    I'm interested in the NBA playoffs idea.

For the golf idea, if there is enough interest, we can just "draft" your player for the tournament. Say there are 20 people interested, someone draws numbers for who drafts first. Then everyone can just submit their top 20 golfers to a thread. First pick gets his/her pick, second pick gets the highest preference left. So if my top five picks are (in this order) Tiger, Mickelson, Els, Daly, Watson and I'm the fourth pick my pick would be Daly, unless everyone had passed on my top 3, then I would get the highest golfer left on my list. Then whoever's golfer finishes highest in the tournament wins the boots. We should have a tiebreaker in case the highest finishers from our pool are both tied for fourth. I would be willing to help with it, but I don't think you should worry about it. I don't know shit about college basketball and if WV wins one more game I would be champ! I think walkunafraid you should be the one to put the idea out there just because of your stellar track record doing these pools.

If anyone has other ideas for this please add them.

I'm down for anything. I have a lot of boots I can send to fellow fans!
    i think the NBA idea is another great one!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Toronto 2003 boot dropped in the mail this morning (Friday, April 9) . . . being sent from Canada so they said it should be there in about a week. Enjoy!
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    If the NBA wasnt the lamest sport on earth Id be interested for sure. Hell, Id still probably join. :)
    If the NBA wasnt the lamest sport on earth Id be interested for sure. Hell, Id still probably join. :)

I love basketball but hate the NBA too! But I love games that potentially win me PJ boots so I'm in!
  • msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    mfc2006 wrote:
    3 bootlegs arrived today!! Salt Lake 09, Seattle 09 & LA 2000!! thanks everyone!! think i'll take one to my car & start listening! :D

Glad you got the boot Matt! Enjoy that one and enjoy the Seattle show. I was at both of those shows this year...awesome! Have a good one!
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
    msujammer wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Glad you got the boot Matt! Enjoy that one and enjoy the Seattle show. I was at both of those shows this year...awesome! Have a good one!

listened to the first half of the SLC show today...wow! what a setlist!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I was thinking a MLB playoffs bracket style...for two reasons, i love baseball, and also the problem with baseball is that if your team doesn't make the payoffs, then no one watches or even cares, however, if you put something up for stake (like boots) then it makes it more interesting, even if you're rooting for a team you could care less about. just putting that out as an idea.
    I was thinking a MLB playoffs bracket style...for two reasons, i love baseball, and also the problem with baseball is that if your team doesn't make the payoffs, then no one watches or even cares, however, if you put something up for stake (like boots) then it makes it more interesting, even if you're rooting for a team you could care less about. just putting that out as an idea.

I'm down for anything. It would be nice if something happened before MLB playoffs though. :D
    Let's do the NBA Playoffs pool. I found a site that hosts such pools (much like the Yahoo page for the NCAA pool) so that everything can be seen/tracked online. I'm gonna set it up in a few minutes.

thanks to Enkidu, URthekey & PJ Fan est. 1990!!! all of your boots arrived today! 8-)

i actually already have the LA boot, so does anyone want to trade? i'd be open to any boot from any year. thanks again, guys!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    thanks to Enkidu, URthekey & PJ Fan est. 1990!!! all of your boots arrived today! 8-)

i actually already have the LA boot, so does anyone want to trade? i'd be open to any boot from any year. thanks again, guys!!!

Which LA boot is it?
    rrivers wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Which LA boot is it?

10/6 LA

10/06/09: Gibson Amphitheater, Universal City, CA
    set: Sometimes, Breakerfall, (Interstellar Overdrive)/Corduroy, Save You, Elderly Woman…, Got Some, Unthought Known, Faithfull, Even Flow, Unemployable, Daughter, Johnny Guitar, Given To Fly, Off He Goes, Comatose, The Fixer, Do The Evolution
    first encore: Just Breathe, The End, Lukin, Red Mosquito, Jazz Odyssey, Rearviewmirror
    second encore: Once, Footsteps, Hunger Strike, Alive
    TFT Notes: A string quartet accompanies the band for “Just Breathe”, “The End” and “Lukin”(!). Chris Cornell joins Pearl Jam for “Hunger Strike”, revisiting the California magic of their previous performance in 2003. To make the Seattle reunion complete, Mike McCready shed his guitar during the “Alive” solo and handed it off to Jerry Cantrell, as the band rocked an extended version of the song to round out the show. More notes to come.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Which LA boot is it?

10/6 LA

10/06/09: Gibson Amphitheater, Universal City, CA
    set: Sometimes, Breakerfall, (Interstellar Overdrive)/Corduroy, Save You, Elderly Woman…, Got Some, Unthought Known, Faithfull, Even Flow, Unemployable, Daughter, Johnny Guitar, Given To Fly, Off He Goes, Comatose, The Fixer, Do The Evolution
    first encore: Just Breathe, The End, Lukin, Red Mosquito, Jazz Odyssey, Rearviewmirror
    second encore: Once, Footsteps, Hunger Strike, Alive
    TFT Notes: A string quartet accompanies the band for “Just Breathe”, “The End” and “Lukin”(!). Chris Cornell joins Pearl Jam for “Hunger Strike”, revisiting the California magic of their previous performance in 2003. To make the Seattle reunion complete, Mike McCready shed his guitar during the “Alive” solo and handed it off to Jerry Cantrell, as the band rocked an extended version of the song to round out the show. More notes to come.

I'll trade you the Hartford boot I put up for this pool if it doesn't happen. I'll have to look at home to see what other boots I have.
    Cool---just let me know, rrivers
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    If your trade doesn't work out with rrivers let me know I have a few doubles to would trade off.
    I have 2 of the other nights and those shows are smokin.
    URthekey wrote:
    If your trade doesn't work out with rrivers let me know I have a few doubles to would trade off.
    I have 2 of the other nights and those shows are smokin.

awesome---I'll let you know!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • lippy002lippy002 Posts: 120
    Mine's finally out in the mail- Sorry for the delay!

See all of you in the NBA pool.

As always thanks to walkunafraid!
    thanks to rrivers & aneutronbomb!!!! your bootlegs arrived today!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • congrats and enjoy!! 8-)
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
    did one of you guys send me a Johnny Guitar sticker?? it says it cam from Julie---if that's one of you, THANKS!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    mfc2006 wrote:
    did one of you guys send me a Johnny Guitar sticker?? it says it cam from Julie---if that's one of you, THANKS!!!

:D

I'm sure you're a pimping guy so ya might as well flaunt it!
    thanks to cw95026 & lippy002!! your boots arrived today---listening to Melbourne right now! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    thanks to nevmiles!! your Toronto bootleg arrived today! :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    thanks to AtlantaJammer!! Glasgow arrived today!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com