Pearl Jam NCAA March Madness Pool -- SIGN UPS CLOSED

Comments

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Wow...Kansas destroyed half of our brackets today!
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • :|

just lemme know where to send this bootleg...
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Sweet 16 starts tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Here's hoping some of my picks hold up . . . . my bracket's looking good so far, considering some of these upsets . . . .
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    I should have got this kid's help:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/A ... 16437.html
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    And another one bites the dust...

I've been eliminated from this since the end of the first round, but March Madness has been awesome this year. Love the parity and the upsets!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    And another one bites the dust...

I've been eliminated from this since the end of the first round, but March Madness has been awesome this year. Love the parity and the upsets!

yup. it hurt to see KU lose, but this has been an awesome tourney to watch!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I think, if I figured it out correctly, if West Virginia beats Duke, I (Mookie Blaylock) win! Even if I don't this has still been a blast! I'm definitely in for next year. I have never followed the tournament this closely.

Come on Mountaineers!!!!!!!!!
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    I know 100% for sure that I'm not winning this pool.

I started filling out my brackets then spaced out when my phone rang and shut down never quite finishing.
    When I went back to fill then out the next day the games had already begun so....too late.

Some pretty exciting upsets this time around I must say..
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    rrivers wrote:
    I think, if I figured it out correctly, if West Virginia beats Duke, I (Mookie Blaylock) win! Even if I don't this has still been a blast! I'm definitely in for next year. I have never followed the tournament this closely.

Come on Mountaineers!!!!!!!!!

You win regaurdless of what happens in any game here on out. Congrats. I finish second which means 1st LOSER. And I didnt defend my title last year. Thanks for putting this on again Paul. Ryan, whats your mailing address? Ill send my boot out this weekend.

Doug
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Woah. Didnt realize mfc had Duke. Something worth watchin now. My Terps should be in this final four, fucking bullshit! Good luck guys, oh, and FUCK DUKE!
    Woah. Didnt realize mfc had Duke. Something worth watchin now. My Terps should be in this final four, fucking bullshit! Good luck guys, oh, and FUCK DUKE!

I still need WV to win because I am in second right now. If WV doesn't win, I won't get any more points and mongoloid (Chris) wins. Right?
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Oh, I hate Duke so much. Hate hate hate hate.

But this has been fun once again. Thanks Paul.
    Yeah I don't think the winner has been decided quite yet. But we will know after the West Virginia / Duke game on Saturday!

Oh a purely pathetic note, I've had last place all wrapped up for quite some time now. Despite being the organizer of all these pools, I still have yet to win a single one!

Now I have to think about what we can make a pool for next. :D

Yeah I don't think the winner has been decided quite yet. But we will know after the West Virginia / Duke game on Saturday!

Oh a purely pathetic note, I've had last place all wrapped up for quite some time now. Despite being the organizer of all these pools, I still have yet to win a single one!

Now I have to think about what we can make a pool for next. :D

Whatever it is, I'm in. I was so bummed I missed out on the Super Bowl one this year. I really hope I win if for no other reason just so I will have a lot of bootlegs to put up in these pools!
  • msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    So...do I get a prize for last place? Crap. :lol:
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
  • CONGRATS MFC2006!!!!

according to the scenario generator, it doesn't mater if duke or butler win the whole thing, mfc2006 wins...CONGRATS!!!

i'll send the prize as soon as i get your address
    My hated for Duke knows no bounds. We're drinking and watching Ten Commandments, that's how bummed we are.
    Big congrats to Matt (mfc2006) for winning this year's pool!

I have sent out his address to all the losers...err, non-winners...and would like to ask you all to PLEASE be sure to send him your boot within two weeks.

Also, PLEASE PM or post here when you have sent out the package. I am going to keep this thread updated with package sent/received info until everything is accounted for.

Thanks again for playing!

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I thought I was out of it when KU lost!!! Wow!! I never win these things
    EVER!!!!! Thanks & I can't wait to listen to these bootlegs!!!

Wow!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    SLC Boot ordered from the Goods section. Congrats Matt!
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
    msujammer wrote:
    SLC Boot ordered from the Goods section. Congrats Matt!

Thanks, Mike!!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    Nice work Matt!!
    www.cluthelee.com
    Dropped my boot off in the mail yesterday...anyone else?

Dropped my boot off in the mail yesterday...anyone else?

i'll keep you posted when they arrive!! can't wait to listen to these!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    Matt - I just ordered your San Diego boot all fresh and new from 10C Goods. You should be getting it any day.
    Enjoy and congrats on your win!!!
    I ordered your LA boot today from 10C - they should ship everything all in the same package to you.

Congrats!
    3 bootlegs arrived today!! Salt Lake 09, Seattle 09 & LA 2000!! thanks everyone!! think i'll take one to my car & start listening! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • congrats to the winner

just dropped boot in the mail for you
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Just ordered it off 10c today...sorry for the delay...:(

I'll PM you Paul to make sure you know i sent it

congrats mfc2006!
    Just ordered it off 10c today...sorry for the delay...:(

I'll PM you Paul to make sure you know i sent it

congrats mfc2006!

no worries!! thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com