Pearl Jam NCAA March Madness Pool -- SIGN UPS CLOSED

Comments

• walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    updated.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I'm in again, maybe I won't suck as badly this year (ha ha).

LA boot, 10/6/09

(Release the Philly boots already.)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Jayhawk BUMP!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    The period for signing up has officially closed.

We have 14 players total, which means that the winner will receive 13 new PJ boots. I like that we have a nice variety of 2000, 2003, 2008, and 2009 boots. 8-)

The Tourney Selection Show begins at 3 pm PST today; I will be PMing all participants very soon with a link to our Yahoo Tourney page, along with the password to create your bracket.

Good luck to everyone!

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    PMs with a link to the site have been sent to everyone participating...Brackets have been announced...now it is everyone's responsibility to set up their brackets before the first games on Thursday. Good luck to all!

• nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    Did nay receive a PM with the pool link . . .

PM sent to you re: this :)
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
    nevmiles wrote:
    Did nay receive a PM with the pool link . . .

PM sent to you re: this :)

Hey bro, I got your PM. Replied with a PM back with a link to the board. Please let me know when you get it. Sorry for the screw-up!

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Bracket completed!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
    Looks like 9 people have signed up and (hopefully) completed their brackets.

To the remaining 5 -- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be sure to sign up and complete your bracket before the games start on Thursday! If you don't complete a bracket, you can't earn any points...but you will still be on the hook for sending out your pledge.

Don't forget!

• bracket, check ;)
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    i really don't have the patience to read the first post after yesterdays MSG debacle

is it too late to enter or not?

i'll send the winner any boot they want from the 10c store
    i really don't have the patience to read the first post after yesterdays MSG debacle

is it too late to enter or not?

i'll send the winner any boot they want from the 10c store

I'll let you in if you can send me your e-mail and home address by the end of tonight, and if you can pledge a specific boot (of your choice) that has not already been pledged.

Let me know asap if you're interested.

• PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    08 PEARL JAM HARTFORD 6/27 BOOTLEG CD

i'll send you a PM now
    game on!! this is my favorite sports time of year---the tourney & spring training going on @ the same time! good luck, everyone!! go KU!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Only a few hours to go till tip-off!

It looks like 13 of the 14 participants have signed up and Yahoo and submitted their brackets. Whoever is the one person who has not yet done so, PLEASE get on it soon...you only have a few hours left!

You know what sucks?

When one of your final four teams loses in the first game of the day, essentially eliminating you from winning the pool before it really even gets under way. :lol:

• first of all how great is this!?!?
    http://mmod.ncaa.com/video/std?ttag=mmod10_on_all_goog_twt_0009&ts=1268938216&t=0e4b9c5f8bf192bf50c66f8145d42128&w=90
    free streaming tourney, i love it

however crazy start here!! id love to see pittsburghs own rmu pull off the upset over philthy's nova, but i got nova winning one more after today and already lost gm1 today when notre dame shit tha bed :roll:
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    You know what sucks?

When one of your final four teams loses in the first game of the day, essentially eliminating you from winning the pool before it really even gets under way. :lol:

My odds go up! :)

Who could you possibly of had to make the final four? Notre Dame?
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
    nevmiles wrote:
    You know what sucks?

Yeah, fucking Notre Dame slayed my bracket. :lol:

• You know what sucks?

yer own pool none-the-less

for a minute there i thought id be totally fucked 3 games in. thought all three favorites (all of whom id picked) were gonna lose. im assuming you were feeling the same way there with nova? dodged the bullit there anyway...tho i only have'em winning one more round myself
  • msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    nevmiles wrote:
    You know what sucks?

Yeah, fucking Notre Dame slayed my bracket. :lol:

I thought Nova was going to shit the bed there for a bit. That would have been one of my Final Four teams gone...great start so far to the tourney!
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula
    One out of three right so far. Nothing that will destroy my bracket though. Vandy losing would though.
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    regaurdless of the bracket, What great fucking games so far! Holy shitballs...
    regaurdless of the bracket, What great fucking games so far! Holy shitballs...

Hell yes!!! The games have been great!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    rrivers wrote:
    One out of three right so far. Nothing that will destroy my bracket though. Vandy losing would though.

And my bracket is destroyed!

I agree about the games!

Thanks again walkunafraid for doing this. It's a lot of fun! I got Butler right and on the bracket I printed out I had UTEP. I must have changed it again. Yay! Still in last place though. :(
    Wow! What happened to Georgetown????
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • eff me in the aye

worst start of the pool right here...

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:

no really, thank you thank you
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    It's always amazing to me to see people right now with 11 out of 12. Was I stupid not to go with Murray State? What's Murray State? Where is it?

I asked my husband last night when I was doing my bracket, isn't Georgetown uneven this year? And he said, "You gotta go with Georgetown." Well - bah.
    Wow, some great games today -- and it's only day one!

I did the same thing with Georgetown. I haven't been big on them at all this year, so I actually had them losing today until I read stupid advice on espn and let it change my mind. Guess that goes to show that you should always follow your first instinct!

Good news is that we all have fairly different brackets, so anybody can still win. It will be interesting to see what additional upsets happen this year; there has been such parity in the NCAA this year that nothing is guaranteed.

Bring on day two!

Big morning for my bracket...Minnesota has to win if I am going to have any chance of getting into this thing.

Go Golden Gophers!