SALT LAKE CITY 9/28/09 POSTER SALE WEDNESDAY 3/10/10!!

1234568»

Comments

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,114
    this is the first time in 15 years i bought a poster of a show i didnt attend due to what i thought was an amazing poster. i couldn't resist. its so dark that i am pretty frustrated and saddened that the 10c would sell this version to us. i wont make the mistake of buying a poster of a show i didnt attend again. most likely, its going to a future wishlist pre party as a donation
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    I got email from BK

It wasn't different paper, the show copies were dark, and we couldn't fix those, so for my copies and the 10C copies we printed a second layer of black. It was still dark but it helped make the type more legible. The 10C copies should be the same as the copies I sold.

Unfortunately that poster didn't print like I had hoped, which was a let down when I saw them at the printer shop. I plan on printing another round of them, only this time on white paper which will make the image closer to the digital image.

brad
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    I got email from BK

It wasn't different paper, the show copies were dark, and we couldn't fix those, so for my copies and the 10C copies we printed a second layer of black. It was still dark but it helped make the type more legible. The 10C copies should be the same as the copies I sold.

Unfortunately that poster didn't print like I had hoped, which was a let down when I saw them at the printer shop. I plan on printing another round of them, only this time on white paper which will make the image closer to the digital image.

brad

He posted this some where's about a future release of SLC on white paper. That would be sweet! 8-)

I hope BK get's a copy from the latest 10club sale. Cause the paper & quality of the prints isn't the same as his ap's were printed like.
    demetrios wrote:

I hope BK get's a copy from the latest 10club sale. Cause the paper & quality of the prints isn't the same as his ap's were printed like.

Yeah, I wondering what he would say about that.
    I guess I will wait to see if a new edition on white paper is going to happen any time soon because I really don't want to spend extra 120$-130$ for AP. I waited until now and I can wait a little longer.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
    here is more info about new edition SLC poster.
    email from Brad;
    I am going to be printing them in May and will have some for the Showbox poster show as well as have some after that online.

Is there someone from Seattle area that is planing to go to the poster show and score one copy for me...please!
  • here is more info about new edition SLC poster.
    email from Brad;
    I am going to be printing them in May and will have some for the Showbox poster show as well as have some after that online.

Is there someone from Seattle area that is planing to go to the poster show and score one copy for me...please!

damn, that poster show is the day after I get back from NYC. Now I have to make sure I get there.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    great so after I buy the black one I would have to shell out another 30-60....fuck that
    sounds a lot like a Pearl Jam tour announcement. we are playing these select dates, go buy them! 2 weeks later they announce 5 more shows closer to you....great

I'll live with the black one
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    mine arrived yesterday and i am totaly satisfied with it!
    i actually bought it because of the dark red and extra dark black (is that possible?) colors. i really like the look with its differents layers of ink, just like the Adelaide one (also a part of my houshold :D )
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    71step28 wrote:
    i actually bought it because of the dark red and extra dark black (is that possible?) colors. i really like the look with its differents layers of ink, just like the Adelaide one (also a part of my houshold :D )

The difference is... I can actually see what's printed on my Adelaide... not like the SLC I got.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    I hear you. I picked up 4 at the show. One each for me, son, daughter, and sons' girlfriend --- not to flip.

Had to buy one from 10C hoping it would be different/better. I think I have one to flip now :(
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    71step28 wrote:

The difference is... I can actually see what's printed on my Adelaide... not like the SLC I got.

yeah, on Adelaide i can see (and feel) the added prints, same with my SLC poster, thats exactly what i like about them! Do i have a different one? :?
    71step28 wrote:

Wish Newman wasn't handling Canadian delivery goods. Still haven't received SLC 10club version up here. Just hope this holy week doesn't take a toll on those custom workers.
  • cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    Mine is framed, matted and hanging on my basement wall. I am going to install another ceiling light down there so you can see it more clearly. I will try and post a pic once I get it done.
    demetrios wrote:
    71step28 wrote:

Wish Newman wasn't handling Canadian delivery goods. Still haven't received SLC 10club version up here. Just hope this holy week doesn't take a toll on those custom workers.

hm, strange, i allways seem to get my stuff quite some time before you do, and you live "just across the border" on the same continent :? AND for this poster i had to wait some weeks longer than for the others and yours is still not there?
    We have a good working postal system here (though everybody has something to moan about, like allways...), maybe thats it?
  • here is more info about new edition SLC poster.
    email from Brad;

damn, that poster show is the day after I get back from NYC. Now I have to make sure I get there.

Yeah, cuz you'll have lots of money left over after MSG? :shock:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Arrive yesterday...i love it!!!!!!!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Arrive yesterday...i love it!!!!!!!!! :)

it is sooooo much better in person...i love how the hand stands out...almost like 3D and shit!

I love it too! great job Brad!!

I sure hope he is doing the posters for this next leg of the tour....Brad is the man!! 8-)
    71step28 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    71step28 wrote:

hm, strange, i allways seem to get my stuff quite some time before you do, and you live "just across the border" on the same continent :? AND for this poster i had to wait some weeks longer than for the others and yours is still not there?
    We have a good working postal system here (though everybody has something to moan about, like allways...), maybe thats it?

Another reason might be cause international packages are shipped via airmail, not ground mail (sea etc..). While Canada get's ground mail which takes the longer time to get those packages received. Not sure why though Canada is paying the same international shipping rate like everybody else in the world if we are going ground. :|
    Brad is the man!! 8-)

Speaking about Brad, did you hear anything back from Lisa? Brad told me he's shipping out some poster's for the Mike McCready Fundraiser over the weekend. Hopefully she got an extra to pass down to you.
    It's arrived in Nova Scotia!
    Sweet! :)
    demetrios wrote:

Hurra! and like allways, 1-2 days behind ;) so, for the future, when we order the same things i can tell you exactly when yours will arrive :lol:
    71step28 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Hurra! and like allways, 1-2 days behind ;) so, for the future, when we order the same things i can tell you exactly when yours will arrive :lol:

Okie dokie! Next new Pearl Jam item we will buy the same time. If this theory works, then 10club has some major explaining to do as to why this is happening.
    crazypjfan wrote:
    Mine is framed, matted and hanging on my basement wall. I am going to install another ceiling light down there so you can see it more clearly. I will try and post a pic once I get it done.

Hahaha, I see a fundamental flaw in a print if I have to install additional lighting apparatuses in order to see it. :)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Seems reasonable! :)
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    HURRY UP NOW, PARTYPEOPLE!!! There's still some left!!

... :lol:
  • PorchRatsPorchRats Posts: 164
    Just got this today... I too am VERY disappointed. Wish I read this thread before I purchased it. If you are contemplating buying this poster DONT DO IT. It is just way to dark and looks like shit.
    2000: Saratoga
    2003: Albany, Hartford, Camden 1+2,
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston 2,
    2008: Mansfield,
    2010 MSG 1+2,
    2011: Alpine Valley 1+2
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn 1+2, Philly 1+2, Hartford
  • DragonsAfter3or4DragonsAfter3or4 Bluegrass Posts: 332
    I got a S/N mint and LOVE IT!!!!!!! Awesome in person!!!!!
    PorchRats wrote:
    Just got this today... I too am VERY disappointed. Wish I read this thread before I purchased it. If you are contemplating buying this poster DONT DO IT. It is just way to dark and looks like shit.

^ this
    I got a S/N mint and LOVE IT!!!!!!! Awesome in person!!!!!

^ not this

:)
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20