SALT LAKE CITY 9/28/09 POSTER SALE WEDNESDAY 3/10/10!!

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    locked wrote:

load em up for us you "old Pillow Pants"... (where the hell di you get that name BTW?)

;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX01Lna0OI8
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    jervin007 wrote:
    Mine came today! Looks awesome. The writting is a little dark, but overall it lives up expectations.

"a little dark"??? Fuck. I guess you could say I'm a "little" disappointed. ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Came today, haven't popped the tube open yet, but the wife seems to think I buy too many posters...didn't bother to tell her I spent my lunch hour securing 10c seats for Boston. :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • CranMalReignCranMalReign Posts: 1,928
    imalive wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:
    Mine came today! Looks awesome. The writting is a little dark, but overall it lives up expectations.

Seriously! Got mine today, and I can barely see it!

I've been waiting like a little kid for Christmas ever since I first laid eyes on this beauty, and I get this black piece of paper w/ a little red on it here and there. I need to hold it almost horizontal just to read the letters and see the suit!

I am incredibly disappointed in this. I thought this crap was supposed to be fixed.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    demetrios wrote:
    Elzar wrote:

i thought only the AP was printed different?

isnt show edition and 10c edition same? - with the darker ink on the bottom?

No, only the show edition has darker ink on the bottom, AP and 10c are printed after the show edition with different paper to fix the ink problem.

That's what they said on the ChristChurch poster's too. The AP's & 10club's were the same print's from D&L Seattle. Same in quality & feel. But not what I received from 10club! Very different then the one I got from BK. :|

the only one thats different (and legible) is the AP version.
    show edition and 10c edition are the darker version, doesnt have the extra layer of gloss/shiny black as the AP.

if you hang the poster higher than eye level, you should have no problem being able to read the text on the bottom. /personally i kinda like how i cant really see "Bun Hooper and the relentless 7 etc"
    Elzar wrote:
    personally i kinda like how i cant really see "Bun Hooper and the relentless 7 etc"

Maybe, but I don't like how I can barely see anything at all!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    imalive wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:

We need to talk about this!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    Elzar wrote:

if you hang the poster higher than eye level, you should have no problem being able to read the text on the bottom.

so, you're saying in order to read the printing, I should hang this thing so the top touches the ceiling? :wtf: ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    yeah, I was very excited for this poster and am really disappointed with how dark it is. and after reading that there were multiple prints and some look better, i feel kinda ripped off.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    Jason P wrote:
    Arrived Monday in Indiana. Very nice looking print! As others have noted, the writing is dark but it gives for a nice sinister feel.

AMEN!!!! I love it!!!! I got mine yesterday.

:P
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    Not to beat a dead horse but mine just came in the mail. I am not happy as well with the use of black in this poster. I cant read anything in the darker areas..

..the theme of the poster I like a lot however.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    Haven't received thy SLC poster yet from 10club but did get a few 10club tubes all connected & tied up in this huge tube. Surprised it could do 5 all at once! :shock:

Love collecting these variant BK poster's. Version from 10club, version from BK signed & numbered etc..

8-)
  • fanofzsfanofzs Posts: 508
    I assume the posters from this sale were inferior quality or initial runs that were replaced with better print versions. This is probably why 10C has so many and still is not sold out. The better quality prints/runs may have been sold with priority and these left on the back burner so to speak. :?:
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    Poncier wrote:
    Came today, haven't popped the tube open yet, but the wife seems to think I buy too many posters...didn't bother to tell her I spent my lunch hour securing 10c seats for Boston. :mrgreen:

the key is you take a poster tube with you in the morning and tell her that you flipped one for profit and will be mailing it out

although this won't work if she wants the cash ;)
    demetrios wrote:
    Haven't received thy SLC poster yet from 10club but did get a few 10club tubes all connected & tied up in this huge tube. Surprised it could do 5 all at once! :shock:

Love collecting these variant BK poster's. Version from 10club, version from BK signed & numbered etc..

8-)

Send me your S/N so I can compare :)
  • ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    imalive wrote:
    Elzar wrote:

if you hang the poster higher than eye level, you should have no problem being able to read the text on the bottom.

so, you're saying in order to read the printing, I should hang this thing so the top touches the ceiling? :wtf: ;)

yea, i think that will work :D:lol::D:lol::o:D:lol:
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    I like all 3 versions ;)

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    you guys said it was dark, but this thing is DARK! :?
    When you guys put your black mattes and black frame to this you are going to see a stamp lol
  • joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    did anyone post a pic of the three different ones ...and which one is the best ...to be honest im to happy with the 10c one .... is that the same is brads AP's???
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    t0mMye wrote:
    When you guys put your black mattes and black frame to this you are going to see a stamp lol

I have the AP version and it rocks. Going to put it in a black frame & matt too. How do u like them apples?
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    t0mMye wrote:

I matted my S/N with black frame and red matte...
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    t0mMye wrote:

See if you can post a picture of that! I'm been thinking about doing the same colors with mine.
    Bet it looks sharp!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    t0mMye wrote:

I have the AP version and it rocks. Going to put it in a black frame & matt too. How do u like them apples?

I love em like the 32 cent'r!
    CServant wrote:
    t0mMye wrote:

See if you can post a picture of that! I'm been thinking about doing the same colors with mine.
    Bet it looks sharp!

I would like to see that also, bet it is a nice contrast.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Yeah, definitely VERY dark. Wow.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    I just got a 10c SLC poster and I am a very disappointed.

If I am correct email from Brad (when this was coming out ) was saying that AP and 10c versions will be printed on different paper so it wouldn't be so dark.
    Can anyone confirm this email from BK??

I mean this is dark as hell, you can't read the text and it's not just that, the suit, the window, the hat, everything is too dark.

I wasn't going to buy a AP version but now I think I have to...it's just such big difference.
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Yeah, definitely VERY dark. Wow.
    anyone got a pic?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351

If I am correct email from Brad (when this was coming out ) was saying that AP and 10c versions will be printed on different paper so it wouldn't be so dark.

I mean this is dark as hell, you can't read the text and it's not just that, the suit, the window, the hat, everything is too dark.

I wasn't going to buy a AP version but now I think I have to...it's just such big difference.

From BK,

Pearl Jam, Salt Lake City

With the Salt Lake City poster, there was a bit of a printing issue... Unbeknownst to me, the folks at D&L had ordered a darker black paper then we normally use. And it wasn't until after they had ordered the paper that they saw that my design used black ink on black paper. So the image printed a bit darker then I had planned and didn't turn out exactly how it should have for the show copies. For my copies and the copies sold through pearljam.com, we printed a 2nd layer of black which has helped get the image looking like it should.

18" x 24", 5 colors, signed and numbered $60.00 plus shipping

Same thing was mentioned for the Christchurch posters, but the poster's that were sold from 10club came out very glossy.

I hear ya. It's not a little dark... it's damn near invisible. As far as I'm concerned, it's worthless.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly