SALT LAKE CITY 9/28/09 POSTER SALE WEDNESDAY 3/10/10!!

Comments

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,816

No, only the show edition has darker ink on the bottom, AP and 10c are printed after the show edition with different paper to fix the ink problem.
    do we know this for a fact?

I thought the Aps were printed before the show runs.
    And has BK confirmed that they ran off prints after the show for the 10c sales?

has number 7 spoke to these questions?
    thanks
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,351
    t0mMye wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    No, only the show edition has darker ink on the bottom, AP and 10c are printed after the show edition with different paper to fix the ink problem.

That's what they said on the ChristChurch poster's too. The AP's & 10club's were the same print's from D&L Seattle. Same in quality & feel. But not what I received from 10club! Very different then the one I got from BK. :|

The Christchurch AP's are on a different paper then the 10C ones, I have both and noticed right away the AP's ink can be damaged very easily. The 10C poster has a glossy finish to it,,

I wonder what the show edition quality is like in difference between the 2 we got.
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I believe BK did say in his email he put out before these went on sale that the 10C and the AP's were printed in Seattle..I just pulled those 2 out and they are definately different...I too wonder what the show edition is like.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    so02see wrote:
    I keep staring at it but I still dont see why everyone is making such a fuss. Is it realy that great?

It's one of the few pearl jam posters that actually reflects something about the band. The song Red Mosquito. I was not at SLC but had to get it because of the awesome versions of the song the band played on this tour with Ben Harper. Red Mosquito on steroids.

You can have your surfing themes (which has been done ad naseum in pearl jam posters) or your monkeys on small bikes or your octopuses. I'll take a poster that reflects an actual pearl jam song every time.
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 238
    so02see wrote:
    I keep staring at it but I still dont see why everyone is making such a fuss. Is it realy that great?

It's one of the few pearl jam posters that actually reflects something about the band. The song Red Mosquito. I was not at SLC but had to get it because of the awesome versions of the song the band played on this tour with Ben Harper. Red Mosquito on steroids.

You can have your surfing themes (which has been done ad naseum in pearl jam posters) or your monkeys on small bikes or your octopuses. I'll take a poster that reflects an actual pearl jam song every time.

Thanks, yes I can see the appeal on that level but it is still too sinister for me.

I like all the pretty colours!!! lol
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    so02see wrote:

whoooa there, steady on bashing the raleigh 98 - Eddie may agree with you, but thats still my favourite!!
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    I did attend SLC and bought one at the gig and was pissed when I heard/saw/realized that it was not printed on the paper that BK had intended.. All of the black text is completely illegible.. I ordered a 10 club one now and hope that these are from the batch printed for the fanclub/artist sale and not leftovers from the show.. If it is a show copy I guess it will make a great gift for somebody... 8-)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    wow... i just updated my poster inventory spreadsheet

i have now spent over 10K on posters

please no one tell my wife :)
    You have a shopping problem. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier wrote:

erm think i may be in the same boat....if i added it up i might cry
  • so02seeso02see Posts: 238
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

but you have all those lovely posters to leave as an heirloom to that adorable avatar of yours!
    Manchester 2000. Leeds 2006. Wembley 2007
    SBE/O2 London/Manchester UK/Seattle 2/LA 2/Philadelphia 2/3/4 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010. Dublin / Belfast / Hyde Park 2010
    Eddie solo NY 1 & 2 2011
    PJ20 weekend & My Birthday party 4th Sept

but you have all those lovely posters to leave as an heirloom to that adorable avatar of yours!

thank you

i just hope and pray he likes Pj, because daddy is gonna leave him a whole bunch of crap to sell on ebay if not ;)

my will will have to contain a detailed list of what is what so they dont go to the car boot and get peanuts for it all
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    No reason this and Toronto havent sold out...buy your posters people!
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
    t0mMye wrote:

They must of printed more then a dozen thousand print's. I won't be surprised alot of these '09 poster's are ready to be packaged for sale @ the merchandise tables in May.
  • billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    demetrios wrote:
    t0mMye wrote:

They must of printed more then a dozen thousand print's. I won't be surprised alot of these '09 poster's are ready to be packaged for sale @ the merchandise tables in May.

yeah last tours posters were alot tougher to get and all were sellouts.....
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

don't do it... it's best to not know ;)
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    edited March 2010
    double post
    Post edited by locked on
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    locked wrote:
    [quote="pjtradeking
    how many do you actually have framed and up on the walls..?

otherwise, it doesn't count!

(sour grapes is my nickname!)

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d144/scottiepj/

Does this count at all? And still have about 100 or so that havent been framed!! ;-)

Yep, you reached GOD status a long time ago pjtradeking!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    [quote="PillowPants ;)[/quote]

good news locked!!

the wife framed 4 of them for me for xmas

so they're ready for the walls!! i just need to finish the walls ;)

[/quote]

this post is pointless without photos...

load em up for us you "old Pillow Pants"... (where the hell di you get that name BTW?)

;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    billyruff wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    t0mMye wrote:

yeah last tours posters were alot tougher to get and all were sellouts.....

Very true! The last 5 show's of the East Coast tour, poster's were sold out @ the booth's I passed by. The lucky one's who paid & scored a bracelet were victories. Also add all the Ames Bros poster's designed & sold AP signed & numbered was out of 100. The '09's were over 200 I believe. When the poster's went up on sale @ 10club goods, they sold out pretty fast. At least a day or 2 top's. 2 day's have pass & the highly wanted SLC poster is still available! :shock:
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Anyone get theirs yet?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Anyone? I can't wait to see this in person.

Also, check out the first page of this thread again. Everyone's so excited about a poster before we knew of the big announcement coming. The board was desperate for something/anything to go our way.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Anyone? I can't wait to see this in person.

Also, check out the first page of this thread again. Everyone's so excited about a poster before we knew of the big announcement coming. The board was desperate for something/anything to go our way.
    relax..think of 4-8 week person like me...u get it soon,and post fotos please :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    Mine came today! Looks awesome. The writting is a little dark, but overall it lives up expectations.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • SmileDadSmileDad Posts: 186
    jervin007 wrote:
    Mine came today! Looks awesome. The writting is a little dark, but overall it lives up expectations.

Same here. Luvin it!

:thumbup:
    "This one's for Shae" -Ed, right before playing SMILE for my daughter (who was 9 then) BOSTON GARDEN 5-25-06
    Mine just came here! It looks spectacular in person. Like you guys said, the writing is very very dark. I'll try to post a pic.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    got mine today Monday...love it. the pictures do not capture the sweetness of the mat finish on it
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Mine just came here! It looks spectacular in person. Like you guys said, the writing is very very dark. I'll try to post a pic.
    waiting for that :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    should be here tomorrow. Just got 10.28 and 10.30
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    nothing yet in western mass.....anybody know the exact dimensions on this? hoping it fits perfect in a 18x24, but have a feeling it's going to need a custom frame
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Arrived Monday in Indiana. Very nice looking print! As others have noted, the writing is dark but it gives for a nice sinister feel.