Ice Hockey....

Comments

• megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    go wings :D

i almost hate the pens more than i hated colorado. sid is helping
  • haters

what does any of this have to do with the fact that pittsburgh's hockey is better than all of yours?
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
    haters

what does any of this have to do with the fact that pittsburgh's hockey is better than all of yours?
    not hating. just don't like your team or crysby.
  • jones wrote:

:?: :?: :|
    jones wrote:

:?: :?: :|

yea but i'm not "hating" like in the urban dictionary sense. i don't care if you win or lose. i still hate you. get it?
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    edited March 2010
    Ok, bit of a correction here.
    Had my cousin from Canada over last few days, he is in fact from Montreal, not Toronto.

Vancouver Canucks or Montreal Canadiens?????

He found it funny I say Ice Hockey, because you guys say Hockey.
    It's because us Aussies also excel at field, which is more popular here.
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    joerg wrote:
    yeah go with vancouver or calgary, but please no toronto or new york rangers ;)

for me, first of all come the pittsburgh penguins (and yes, i grew up as a fan of the penguins long before the sidney crosby crazyness) and afterwards every canadian nhl-team.

My hockey crazy friend in Melb told me stay away from Toronto because they are hockey's equivalent to this Aussie rules football club:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond_Tigers

Years of promises, years of 're-building', disheartened angry fans.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    So by the posts above I can see Toronto are the Aussie rules equivalent of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collingwood_Football_Club

Lot's of history, won many titles, passionate fans, largest supported base, but no on field success of late and they are the team everyone loves to hate and everyone hates their fans because they are scum and feral.
    Just watching some highlights of recent games, is it just me or is it hard to see the puck when it is shot at the goal. Very fast on the eyes lol
    I lose track of the puck at times.
    Just watching some highlights of recent games, is it just me or is it hard to see the puck when it is shot at the goal. Very fast on the eyes lol

oh god here comes the foxtraxdiscussion
    what have you done?! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1fbylFVYXI
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jones wrote:

what have you done?! ;)

one of the worst ideas in the history of ideas
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    So by the posts above I can see Toronto are the Aussie rules equivalent of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collingwood_Football_Club

Lot's of history, won many titles, passionate fans, largest supported base, but no on field success of late and they are the team everyone loves to hate and everyone hates their fans because they are scum and feral.
    Sounds more like they're closer to the first one than this one ;)
    jones wrote:

what have you done?! ;)

That is an awesome idea, why has it not been used?
    And lol @ the computers, so mid 90's.
  • :lol::lol:

it HAS been done

and it was terrible
    Vancouver Canucks or Montreal Canadiens? :D
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Vancouver Canucks or Montreal Canadiens? :D
    Canucks! :)
    be young and fresh... ;)
    not like them old foggee habs :lol:
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    You should go with Vancouver.

they are my (distant) second team.
    So close to choosing Habs right now.
    All my cousins in Montreal are passionate fans, might as well go with the family influence :lol:
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    The Habs are evil. dont do it.
    MayDay10 wrote:

Don't try stop me maaaaaannnn! :lol:
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    vancouver because of things like this: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Sedins+don ... story.html

i love hearing stuff like this :D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
    MayDay10 wrote:

Don't try stop me maaaaaannnn! :lol:
    He clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, I say you choose the Habs and be proud of it!
    mtlbnrpn_feature.jpg
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    definitely habs ... vancouver fans are fairweather ... way more passion amongst habs fans ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    definitely habs ... vancouver fans are fairweather ... way more passion amongst habs fans ...
    Angry, too!
    :D
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Don't go with the Habs. They have the worst looking sweaters in the league.

(ducking) :twisted:
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Montreal does have the best atmosphere for watching a game, fans are nuts, sing, are loud, and cheer passionatly

Very close to a European football crowd
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    polaris_x wrote:

Fairweather fans??? I guess thats why every game has been sold out for the last ten years! :roll:

You must be a bitter leaf fan .........In the words of Sean Avery always having to settle for our sloppy seconds ....Pat Quinn, Dave Nonnis, Ron Wilson, Brian Burke ....the list goes on :lol:
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Fairweather fans??? I guess thats why every game has been sold out for the last ten years! :roll:

You must be a bitter leaf fan .........In the words of Sean Avery always having to settle for our sloppy seconds ....Pat Quinn, Dave Nonnis, Ron Wilson, Brian Burke ....the list goes on :lol:

i am a leafs fan but hardly bitter ... i've got lots of friends who live in Vancouver and I visit at least once a year ... they'll say the exact same thing ... if they have trouble scoring in the playoffs - just watch the media/fans turn on them ...
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    polaris_x wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

i am a leafs fan but hardly bitter ... i've got lots of friends who live in Vancouver and I visit at least once a year ... they'll say the exact same thing ... if they have trouble scoring in the playoffs - just watch the media/fans turn on them ...

I understand where you are coming from I think we have a difference of opinion on the definition of fairweather means.

In the case of Canuck fans they are loyal to the team as evidenced by the ten year sell out streak, yet are sophisticated enough to be critical of the team when they under perform.

As compared to Leaf fans that will show loyalty by also selling out games also but will not speak up about 40 years of shit hockey.

Are we on the same page now???
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
    Jason P wrote:
    Don't go with the Habs. They have the worst looking sweaters in the league.

(ducking) :twisted:
    Not even close!
    smarchee wrote:
    Montreal does have the best atmosphere for watching a game, fans are nuts, sing, are loud, and cheer passionatly

Very close to a European football crowd
    Very European, man they love their riots ;)