Ice Hockey....

Comments

• haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    lukin2006 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    with hockey any team is capable of winning the cup... you'll see lots of teams who are on a great run and win and the next year are in last place.

canucks haven't won the cup, although they haven't been in the league as long as the leafs. At least we seem to make the playoffs regularly. Plus we have team Canada goalie bobby lou!

I really do wish we'd get a cup already though :oops:
    I can't speak for the leafs but Canucks do great things for the community as well, although i'm sure the leafs must have some sort of equivilent charitable causes...

I think its going to be Pittsburgh vs. Vancouver final. Washington's goaltending is questionable, New Jersey will fade away in the playoffs and Buffalo has great goaltending not sure if they are deep enough. San Jose will choke again, Chicago needs to figure out it's goaltending, Detroit who is just starting to get all its players back might just wear themselves out making the playoffs, I expect them to win at least 1 series, but if they don't have home ice for at least one series it will be tough. To me Pitt and Van seem to be deep enough with above average goaltending. I will be rooting for the Canucks, I'd like to see the CUP return to home soil.
    I never get my hopes up....
    :roll: :D
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I'd go with the Red Wings. They are a US team but they actually are north of Canada.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Any of the original 6 teams are rich with tradition and history.

Lets Go Rangers
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Jason P wrote:
    I'd go with the Red Wings. They are a US team but they actually are north of Canada.
    thats why journey sucks. there is no south detroit!!

(they're from southfield and that doesnt sound cool but still)
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Posts: 22,697
    I say you pick the Toronto Maple Leafs. Yes we are going through some tough times at the moment, not winning the cup in awhile, not making the playoffs the last couple of years and were rebuilding. But no one is more passionate than the Leaf fans. Go to any building across Canada when the Leafs play and there are generally more Leaf fans in their building cheering for the Leafs than the home team, actually that can be said for alot of the US cities.
    I liken the Leafs to the New York Yankees, everyone seems to hate them, but we have fans everywhere. :D

GO LEAFS GO!
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I say you pick the Toronto Maple Leafs. Yes we are going through some tough times at the moment, not winning the cup in awhile, not making the playoffs the last couple of years and were rebuilding. But no one is more passionate than the Leaf fans. Go to any building across Canada when the Leafs play and there are generally more Leaf fans in their building cheering for the Leafs than the home team, actually that can be said for alot of the US cities.
    I liken the Leafs to the New York Yankees, everyone seems to hate them, but we have fans everywhere. :D

GO LEAFS GO!
    See? This is why you shouldn't pick they Leafs. The fans are ALL (except maybe Polaris) delusional.

How can you liken the Leafs to the Yankees when they win and you don't?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Rygar wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

GO LEAFS GO!
    See? This is why you shouldn't pick they Leafs. The fans are ALL (except maybe Polaris) delusional.

'tough times at the moment' :lol::lol::lol: 40+ years is quite the moment ;)
    BLACK35 wrote:

GO LEAFS GO!
    theres lots of leaf fans because they are so old
    haffajappa wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:

GO LEAFS GO!
    theres lots of leaf fans because they are so old
    In their defense I don't think that's a valid reason.
    40 years is a long time to forget about the glory days.
    Rygar wrote:
    In their defense I don't think that's a valid reason.
    40 years is a long time to forget about the glory days.
    My apologies, I clearly meant 43 years ;)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    pittsburgh is the new hockey town

yinz should be a pens fan

:lol:

the same town that almost lost their team a few years ago?????
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Rygar wrote:

seriously tho - if you go to a leaf vs. any team in the league ... you'll see far more leaf fans than what a normal opposition team generally has ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

seriously tho - if you go to a leaf vs. any team in the league ... you'll see far more leaf fans than what a normal opposition team generally has ...
    With the exception of maybe Ottawa, this is untrue for any Canadian hockey city. There are a few US cities that hold their own - Pittsburgh, Rags, Flyers, Washington, Chicago, Detroit (LOL Kidding)...

And I know all about invadin' the opposition ;)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    crysby turned down letterman last week

way to promote the game u punk
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Rygar wrote:
    With the exception of maybe Ottawa, this is untrue for any Canadian hockey city. There are a few US cities that hold their own - Pittsburgh, Rags, Flyers, Washington, Chicago, Detroit (LOL Kidding)...

what team will have more opposing fans in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Montreal?
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    harford whalers :cry:
    I miss Blaine...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • crysby turned down letterman last week

there's this thing called the "nhl season"

its actually happening right now

sid's team is second in the east and playing some crucial games in the coming weeks

way to be a pro-athlete, stay focused and do your job
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here

sid's team is second in the east and playing some crucial games in the coming weeks

um he was in nyc last thursday when they asked him to stop by for the top ten(which would have been done by 330 pm)

and he turned down the today show after they won the cup

selfish selfish selfish
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • :roll:

rags fan

its only sort of sid's fault that you guys suck so bad

but you dont have to call out a guys off ice antics to vent your jealousy

i dont care when and where sid is in relation to a show, the guy is doing his job. leave it to some nyc wanker to go whoring for spotlights, we're busy contending over here
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    :roll:

rags fan

i dont care when and where sid is in relation to a show, the guy is doing his job. leave it to some nyc wanker to go whoring for spotlights, we're busy contending over here
    sid was busy seperating mario's colors and whites...after blowing him of course
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775

rags fan

but when a greater portion of the country will watch him on letterman, over watching him play hockey... yeah... blown opportunity to promote the NHL & the game we love, no?

blowing opportunities to promote the NHL... starting to sound like cindy & bettman are related?
  • of course
    he comes from a land that don't need no hockey promotion :roll:

that saying i only like sidney when hes in the red and whites :D
    i really am sick of the whole gary bettman trying to kiss america's ass trying to get those who don't like hockey into it...
  • so bettman shouldnt promote hockey but sid should, but maybe only for canada?

rags fan

:lol: we're busy contending

no your're rooting

and if you don't think he should take 1/2 hour to promote the game .. you're :crazy:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Rygar wrote:

what team will have more opposing fans in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Montreal?
    None, that's my point.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Sid shouldn't have to do any of that at this point, the NHL schedule is a tough grind, he just came back from the Olympics in which his team just won 4 strait to win gold. If Gretzky couldn't make a long term impact into selling the game in the States the I doubt Sid will be a factor.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:

Sid shouldn't have to do any of that at this point, the NHL schedule is a tough grind, he just came back from the Olympics in which his team just won 4 strait to win gold. If Gretzky couldn't make a long term impact into selling the game in the States the I doubt Sid will be a factor.

he was 15 blocks away not asking too much

plus alot of americans who could care less about hockey had watched him win the big one 5 days earlier

lost opportunity
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    haffajappa wrote:

i really am sick of the whole gary bettman trying to kiss america's ass trying to get those who don't like hockey into it...

Exactly...If they want the game sold in the States why do they not promote their young stars from team USA, that is about the only thing that will sell the game in the States, they've tried everything else now maybe the league should market US players.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    lukin2006 wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Exactly...If they want the game sold in the States why do they not promote their young stars from team USA, that is about the only thing that will sell the game in the States, they've tried everything else now maybe the league should market US players.

yes of course they should do that

but it doesn't change the fact that the biggest star in the NHL who just scored one of the biggest goals in canada's history was 5 minutes away from a national tv appearance