Comments

• Options
    KK67764KK67764 Posts: 36
    Think a cincy show is in the cards?
  • Options
    columbus on the 6th, indy on the 7th... i like it
  • Options
    legates54legates54 Posts: 72
    There you go getting everyones hopes up. See other threads where the fans think they heard someone say something about Pearl Jam playing somewhere. Thanks.
    Dream the dreams of other men...You will be no ones rival

28 times and rocked them all
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    legates54 wrote:
    There you go getting everyones hopes up. See other threads where the fans think they heard someone say something about Pearl Jam playing somewhere. Thanks.

I'm sure "something" is in the works for sure. I have a few feelers out and hopefully they'll "shed a little light on it."
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    I paid $45 for my ticket in Cleveland 2006. Me and 8 other friends, it was insane, especially since they all actually liked Pearl Jam. I spent the night writing the set list on my arm. Loved the show, it was an amazing night!

Oh, so I just called the radio station, and the buggers won't pick up! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I've been stopping by this board a couple of times per week, hoping and praying for any kind of rumor. And in my hometown!!!! Nationwide will be sweet. I will slit my wrists if you fuckers are playing me.
  • Options
    You can always email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:dj@cd101.com">dj@cd101.com</a><!-- e -->
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    I too live here in Columbus and spoke with Leslie James the afternoon DJ at CD101. She had not heard anything as of Friday at 2pm. She said if anyone here in town would know 1st it would be them. I beleive that as someone said earlier they are pretty much the only station here that plays them.

If it's at Nationwide, that place is pretty big (18,00), so I think there will be enough seats for everyone :-) But I have dibs on front row :-) haha! OH PLEASE let this be true!!!!!!!!!!! It will be my husbands 1st show!! Our wedding anniversary is May 31st and it's our 2nd anniversary, which is cotton, so he said he'd buy me a shirt as an anniversary gift :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    silver39 wrote:
    I too live here in Columbus and spoke with Leslie James the afternoon DJ at CD101. She had not heard anything as of Friday at 2pm. She said if anyone here in town would know 1st it would be them. I beleive that as someone said earlier they are pretty much the only station here that plays them.

If it's at Nationwide, that place is pretty big (18,00), so I think there will be enough seats for everyone :-) But I have dibs on front row :-) haha! OH PLEASE let this be true!!!!!!!!!!! It will be my husbands 1st show!! Our wedding anniversary is May 31st and it's our 2nd anniversary, which is cotton, so he said he'd buy me a shirt as an anniversary gift :-)

Watch, the shirts for that show will be made out of recyclable cardboard. No cotton for you!
  • Options
    mrshock13 wrote:
    silver39 wrote:

Watch, the shirts for that show will be made out of recyclable cardboard. No cotton for you!

HAHAHAHA!! :lol:
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    Columbus is my hometown. If this is true, I'll have to try and make it back to my "roots" :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    imalive wrote:
    Columbus is my hometown. If this is true, I'll have to try and make it back to my "roots" :mrgreen:

I grew up in Columbus as well, but havent been back in about 20 years - it would be cool to get back there for a PJ show. I think the last show i saw in Columbus was Stevie Ray Vaughan in 1989 at Vets (is Vets still there?).
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,613
    NYCPJ wrote:
    I think the last show i saw in Columbus was Stevie Ray Vaughan in 1989 at Vets (is Vets still there?).

Yes, I saw Audioslave there a couple years ago. But thats the only concert I've ever been to there.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    NYCPJ wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I grew up in Columbus as well, but havent been back in about 20 years - it would be cool to get back there for a PJ show. I think the last show i saw in Columbus was Stevie Ray Vaughan in 1989 at Vets (is Vets still there?).

Vets is still there, rarely do they hold concerts there anymore...mostly trade shows or bridal expo kind of thing.
  • Options
    silver39 wrote:
    NYCPJ wrote:
    imalive wrote:

Vets is still there, rarely do they hold concerts there anymore...mostly trade shows or bridal expo kind of thing.

Thanks. In the 70s/80s, Vets was pretty busy -- I saw the Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Rush, the Kinks, Ac/Dc & Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, Springsteen, Santana, Alice Cooper, David Gilmour and a bunch more. The lounge area was pretty wild, but they cleaned it up by the mid-80s. I would have loved it if we had Nationwide Arena and the Shott back then -- used to have to go to Cleveland, Cincy or Detroit for the big shows (the Stones, the Who, etc). I assume they no longer use Fairgrounds Coliseum? Ohio Center? St Johns Arena? Saw a bunch of shows at those places too
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    Vets is still there, rarely do they hold concerts there anymore...mostly trade shows or bridal expo kind of thing.[/quote]

Thanks. In the 70s/80s, Vets was pretty busy -- I saw the Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Rush, the Kinks, Ac/Dc & Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, Springsteen, Santana, Alice Cooper, David Gilmour and a bunch more. The lounge area was pretty wild, but they cleaned it up by the mid-80s. I would have loved it if we had Nationwide Arena and the Shott back then -- used to have to go to Cleveland, Cincy or Detroit for the big shows (the Stones, the Who, etc). I assume they no longer use Fairgrounds Coliseum? Ohio Center? St Johns Arena? Saw a bunch of shows at those places too[/quote]

Schott & Nationwdie are good too, but little too big for me. I would have loved to have seen them at the Newport Music Hall! Fairgrounds are for expos as well, Ohio center, not sure what you mean, maybe the Celeste Center at the fairgrounds? That still has shows, but only during fair time. St. Johns (I graduted from OSU there), most other sports except basketball & football are played there. I've seen Pink Floyd & the Rolling Stones in teh Horseshoe :-)
  • Options
    Thanks. In the 70s/80s, Vets was pretty busy -- I saw the Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Rush, the Kinks, Ac/Dc & Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, Springsteen, Santana, Alice Cooper, David Gilmour and a bunch more. The lounge area was pretty wild, but they cleaned it up by the mid-80s. I would have loved it if we had Nationwide Arena and the Shott back then -- used to have to go to Cleveland, Cincy or Detroit for the big shows (the Stones, the Who, etc). I assume they no longer use Fairgrounds Coliseum? Ohio Center? St Johns Arena? Saw a bunch of shows at those places too[/quote]

Schott & Nationwdie are good too, but little too big for me. I would have loved to have seen them at the Newport Music Hall! Fairgrounds are for expos as well, Ohio center, not sure what you mean, maybe the Celeste Center at the fairgrounds? That still has shows, but only during fair time. St. Johns (I graduted from OSU there), most other sports except basketball & football are played there. I've seen Pink Floyd & the Rolling Stones in teh Horseshoe :-)[/quote]

Ohio Center -- must be gone now. It was a convention center downtown -- opened up around 1980 - probably held around 7,000? not a great venue, but saw some decent shows (Neil Young & Crazy Horse in '86 stands out, Roger Waters '87). Fairgrounds coliseum was/is a small arena used primarily for horse shows (i think) on the state fairgrounds site-- saw Ted Nugent, AC/DC, ELP, Ozzy, a few others; horrible acoustics, but concerts were pretty wide open -- general admission.

Newport Music Hall?! I remember when it was the Agora! AC/DC played there as well!

I saw that Pink Floyd show at the horseshoe as well - i think it was the first concert there? (1987 Momentary Lapse of Reason tour - unless you are talking about the Division Bell tour in '94? I was gone by then). I had seen them earlier on the '87 tour at Cleveland Municipal Stadium, which was a little better show (mainly because they opened with Echoes for that show!). I guess that one is gone as well, along with Richfield? Lots of memories in Cleveland as well
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    The Ohio Center is still around, but it's now the Greater Columbus Convention Center. Battelle Hall (on the second floor) recently had a major renovation, but hasn't been used for concerts in years.

The Celeste Center is mainly (as already said) only used during the fair, but there are non-fair events on the grounds year-round. There is high school basketball at the Coliseum during the state playoffs (the final four and championship are at the Schottenstein Center at OSU.)

During the fair, yeah, you have to buy a concert ticket for the big acts, but fair admission is usually included...not a bad deal. Occasionally, they'll use Columbus Crew Stadium (north of the fairgrounds) for a Rascal Flatts show during that same timeframe.

I don't know if Ohio Stadium can still be used. It had a HUGE renovation and expansion about 10 years ago..actually, it took multiple years, since they had to work around football season. They ended up putting permanent seats in the south stands (remember the temporary ones, anyone?) The field is now field turf. I'd make a safe assumption that concerts there are probably not going to happen, although Metallica did play there in 2003, after the renovations, but I think that was before the field turf went in.

Here's what we now have for concerts:
    Nationwide Arena in downtown Columbus (up to 20,000 for concerts)
    Schottenstein Center at OSU (20,000 or more, possibly)
    Crew Stadium (i'd guess a similar number..maybe they can squeeze 22-25 thousand in there for shows) They can also run multiple stages in a festival-type format.

Lifestyle Communities Pavilion aka "the LC" (2,200 indoors or 4,500 Backyard Amphitheatre Outdoors) It's all general admission. Outside has a little pit area with a grassy hill behind it. I think there a few "VIP tables" between the pit and the hill.

From what I remember, the LC's stage is really one stage. There's a series of doors (maybe just one) that can open or close, depending on if the show is outside or inside. It's actually the same bathroom for both shows...obviously, there's only one show there per night.

The Newport is still around...America's longest continually-running nightclub, from what I hear!

There are a number of smaller venues as well. Notable among them is The Alrosa Villa, where the infamous Dimebag Darrell murder took place.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Also (maybe) worth mentioning, Crew Stadium hosts the Rock on The Range Festival every year, which has some pretty big names if you are into that music. (This year includes Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Limp Bizkit, Slash and Deftones) I think Dave Matthews Band played there last year, and this year DMB will be playing at Hunington Park as the first concert there. (Where the AAA Columbus Clippers play).

Unfortuantley Germain Amplitheater (formerlly Polaris) where PJ played in 2000 and 2003 is no longer in operation. I worked there from 2004-2006, and I think that Live Nation, decided it wasn't a market worth fighting for (with similar venues in Cincy, Cleveland, Pitt, Indy) and I think they kind of sabatoaged it and stopped booking shows so they could close it. It has sat empty now, at least last summer, maybe the last two. I think they said they wanted to sell it as it is in a prime area to build commercial shit on, but so far, it just sits there.

Another place that closed somewhat recently worth mentioning is Staches/ Little Brothers, which over the years hosted such up-and-comers as the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, The Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth and the Replacements.

Oh yeah, and I live real close to the Alrosa Villa, just for the record.
    Post edited by RiotAct10 on

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    Also (maybe) worth mentioning, Crew Stadium hosts the Rock on The Range Festival every year, which has some pretty big names if you are into that music. (This year includes Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Limp Bizkit, Slash and Deftones) I think Dave Matthews Band played there last year, and this year DMB will be playing at Hunington Park as the first concert there. (Where the AAA Columbus Clippers play).

Unfortuantley Germain Amplitheater (formerlly Polaris) where PJ played in 2000 and 2003 is no longer in operation. I worked there from 2004-2006, and I think that Live Nation, decided it wasn't a market worth fighting for (with similar venues in Cincy, Cleveland, Pitt, Indy) and I think they kind of sabatoaged it and stopped booking shows so they could close it. It has sat empty now, at least last summer, maybe the last two. I think they said they wanted to sell it as it is in a prime area to build commercial shit on, but so far, it just sits there.

I think the reason why Germain closed was a combination of:
    1) It wasn't making money (perhaps)
    2) The people who live nearby would routinely complain about noise and traffic...despite the fact the concert venue was there first.

I don't think Live Nation sabatoged it, I think it was more about them seeing the writing on the wall and giving up. They used to book several shows a month, but in the last years of operation, maybe they only had 5-8 all summer. Dave Matthews would always do 2-3 show there a year, but when he wasn't touring, obviously they couldn't book any there... and DMB was always a safe full house.

The construction of the stage at Crew Stadium was sort of timed with the closure of Germain. Basically, the people who run Crew Stadium saw the closure of Germain and decided the time was right. The stage was built during the winter of 2007/2008 (I think) and that was shortly after Germain closed...I think.

Pearl Jam could play at Crew Stadium, but it would be tricky since I don't think you can sit beside the stage.
  • Options
    I know the program director for cd101 (Andyman)

They think this is going to happen.

Lets hope.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010

Lets hope.
    does he think that tickets will go onsale this Friday too?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    They dont have any information like that yet.

They just expect it to be announced soon.

That's all I know.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882

Lets hope.

I hope their source isnt this message board and all the calls theyve been getting.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160

Lets hope.

They should just have it at Andyman's Treehouse. ;)

andymanstreehousebblg.jpg
  • Options
    Live in Cbus, and have my whole life. There has been 2 stations here that have reported this, Radio 106.7 and 99.7 the rock. Tried calling both, can't reach anyone who will confirm or deny. However, have a friend who works for Clear Channel radio, he is looking into this for me. Stay tuned.
  • Options

2) The people who live nearby would routinely complain about noise and traffic...despite the fact the concert venue was there first.

I don't think Live Nation sabatoged it, I think it was more about them seeing the writing on the wall and giving up. They used to book several shows a month, but in the last years of operation, maybe they only had 5-8 all summer. Dave Matthews would always do 2-3 show there a year, but when he wasn't touring, obviously they couldn't book any there... and DMB was always a safe full house.

Well, like I said, I did work there, and did sort of know a little of what was going on. And I think they didn't book as many shows the last couple years, somewhat on purpose, so they had an excuse to close it. The only thing that puzzles me is, I think they closed it because they felt it was prime real estate that wans't meeting its true value by being a concert amplitheater, but now it just sits there making no money for anybody. And I guess I don't understand why they didn't just keep using it until they found a buyer, even if they were only doing 8 or so shows a summer.

• Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    RiotAct10 wrote:

Well, like I said, I did work there, and did sort of know a little of what was going on. And I think they didn't book as many shows the last couple years, somewhat on purpose, so they had an excuse to close it. The only thing that puzzles me is, I think they closed it because they felt it was prime real estate that wans't meeting its true value by being a concert amplitheater, but now it just sits there making no money for anybody. And I guess I don't understand why they didn't just keep using it until they found a buyer, even if they were only doing 8 or so shows a summer.

Location was the downfall of that place. Like you said, people complained all of the time about noise, but the biggest issue to me was traffic. It was impossible to get in and out of that place.

My favorite location in Cbus is outdoors at the LC. How about a smaller show there PJ! :D
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,951
    Didn't they have a Lollapalooza in Columbus one year? I think one of my friends mentioned they went there in '97 to see it with Tool, Prodigy, and others.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Redlegs wrote:
    RiotAct10 wrote:

Location was the downfall of that place. Like you said, people complained all of the time about noise, but the biggest issue to me was traffic. It was impossible to get in and out of that place.

My favorite location in Cbus is outdoors at the LC. How about a smaller show there PJ! :D

When I worked there, they talked about how they were building a new exit ramp to help the traffic issue. So, I am not sure if that is the main reason the Gemini Place Exit was built, but I think it might have been. And yeah, noise was an issue, and bands like Pearl Jam, who went past the curfew in 2003, probably didn't exactley help matters :)

I like the LC too, indoors or out. PJ can play there in about 15 years when they are all 60 and sitting down and have less fans. But I'll be there.