Options

Columbus, Ohio....

Comments

• Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,319
    ponner1us wrote:
    Just called above #. It rang about 40 times, no one picked up, no machine, no voice mail, NOTHIN'.

They're stonewalling us. The jerks.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,613
    ponner1us wrote:
    Just called above #. It rang about 40 times, no one picked up, no machine, no voice mail, NOTHIN'.

try again, dj just finsished talking. he should pick up. i said 614-221-1011, right? just in case, there it is again.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    I'm not trying again, I have things to do. Any other takers?
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • Options
    ponner1us wrote:
    I'm not trying again, I have things to do. Any other takers?

i dont blame you. if its real, we will hear about it.

and i just tried to call, and as you said, no answer. oh well, at least i tried.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
    I live in C-bus, so I just called and they picked up.

me: Did I hear a PJ tour date annoucement for Columbus on your station?

DJ Dude: There's talk..thats all i can say right now.

Me: Sometime in May?

DJ Dude: Maybe..

Me: Well, thanks for nothing (playfully)

DJ: You mean my Not-so-straight answer?

Me: yah

DJ: No problem..thats all i can say right now except WE'LL GET AN ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT WEEK

Me: Ok, thanks..

Dj: See ya
    West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
    West Palm Beach 2003
    Tampa 2003
    The VIC - Chicago 2007
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Tampa 2008
    Ed Solo 2008 NYC
    Philly 10/30/2009
    Columbus 2010
  • Options
    BMoore09 wrote:

DJ: No problem..thats all i can say right now.

Thanks! Oh geeze, I will freak the fuck out. I have lived in C-Bus my whole life, and have seen them 5 times since I saw them here in '03. It would be nice to not have to travel this time!

• Options
    BMoore09BMoore09 Posts: 177
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    BMoore09 wrote:

DJ: No problem..thats all i can say right now.

Thanks! Oh geeze, I will freak the fuck out. I have lived in C-Bus my whole life, and have seen them 5 times since I saw them here in '03. It would be nice to not have to travel this time!

In your quote of my post you missed the edit i just made that I somehow forgot to put in there....the part about NEXT WEEK :-) (which he actually did say..not making that part up)
    West Palm Beach I, WPB II, Tampa, New Orleans, Memphis, Nashville 2000
    West Palm Beach 2003
    Tampa 2003
    The VIC - Chicago 2007
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Tampa 2008
    Ed Solo 2008 NYC
    Philly 10/30/2009
    Columbus 2010
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    That would be nice, maybe a cleveland date too!
    they probably won't play Cleveland because the Cavs will be in the playoffs and it would be hard to schedule a show not knowing when the games would be
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    nice work, BMoore.

thanks.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Bears 34Bears 34 Posts: 4
    I live in Columbus. It sounds like it is a very real possibility that PJ will be playing here. A friend of mine knows a local DJ who told him about it. I was passed this info yesterday so this thread was not even up yet. Seems to be an awfully big coincidence that the info passed along to me was that they would be playing Thursday, May 6th at Nationwide Arena exactly what the rumor on this thread is saying. Hopefully it holds true.

Also listening to PJ Bonnaroo boot right now....Loved this show....
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:
    they probably won't play Cleveland because the Cavs will be in the playoffs and it would be hard to schedule a show not knowing when the games would be

i also wouldnt expect a cleveland and columbus show. i dont expect a big tour, but my hope is, us midwesterners bitched enough, to get some shows. And with Columbus's proximity to Cleve, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Indy, Dayton, Detroit, Louisville, etc. it's actually one of the best places for a show.

• Options
    I'm happy to see they are hitting some smaller markets (if true).
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    dirtyT wrote:
    So if they do play in Columbus (at Nationwide, where I can WALK TO!!!) I wonder if Ed will mention the missing Pearl Jam fan that a number of you know about.

He did mention the situation in Cincinnati in 2006 (I think that was the year) but this would be just about the first time in Ohio since then...I don't remember if they played Cleveland or Cincinnati second in 2006, but they missed Columbus.

Would it be closer to the stage to get tickets through 10Club or a priority order form from a seat license holder?
    They played Cleveland in May and Cincy in June...was at both...have not played columbus since 03...if this is true....first time at nationwide...

Yup. They played Newport in 92 (I think..year could be 93), Vets in 93 (I think..year could be 94), and Polaris/Germain in 2000/2003.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    ponner1us wrote:

Typical on-air phone number activity.

99.7 The Blitz (now known as The Rock) had a whole deal with Lollapalooza 03 tickets and a pre-show meal last time. They may know something.

www.wbzx.com
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    thunderDAN wrote:

Would it be too early for Blossom Music Center to open?
  • Options
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    thunderDAN wrote:

i also wouldnt expect a cleveland and columbus show. i dont expect a big tour, but my hope is, us midwesterners bitched enough, to get some shows. And with Columbus's proximity to Cleve, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Indy, Dayton, Detroit, Louisville, etc. it's actually one of the best places for a show.

...unfortunately, we also kinda get screwed at the same time.

Fewer shows = more demand for tickets = crappier seats based on member number.
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    thunderDAN wrote:

I think they could play there.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    hmmm. sounds like it's time to start forming the Chicago/Columbus convoy. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    That sounds great - straight from Chicago to Columbus by way of Canada or something... but stay away from Indy. It's terrible here. Only the locals are allowed out after 7pm. You wouldn't be safe if PJ performed here :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    thunderDAN wrote:

WOW - Blossom Music Center and Pearl Jam, wouldn't that be nice. I'm only dreaming. I'm glad to see some Ohio fans. :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    That sounds great - straight from Chicago to Columbus by way of Canada or something... but stay away from Indy. It's terrible here. Only the locals are allowed out after 7pm. You wouldn't be safe if PJ performed here :mrgreen:

shit...i'll be down that way over easter....better pack some heat :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mikalina wrote:

WOW - Blossom Music Center and Pearl Jam, wouldn't that be nice. I'm only dreaming. I'm glad to see some Ohio fans. :D

it's always good to go home :)

if they play Ohio, i'll be there. just don't tell the gf. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mikalina wrote:
    thunderDAN wrote:

I'm only theorizing that there ARE other options than the Q. What about a show at Progressive?

Indians May Schedule...Progressive Field probably wouldn't work.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

You'll miss the arrival of your 2009 Holiday Single!
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I'm sorry... :cry: I for once want to have a decent row and there are so many of you from up in that big Chicago place... so.. I got selfish. Will you forgive me?
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    81 wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

it's always good to go home :)

if they play Ohio, i'll be there. just don't tell the gf. :lol:

I'm always driving up to Chicago, It would be nice if PJ really did make a stop here - :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    the last poster goes on sale on tuesday. i love to speculate and i'm gonna guess that tuesday or wednesday we're gonna get that "make sure your membership is in order" email/message board post with dates the following day.

next week will finally be next week!
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Does anyone have an estimate on ticket prices?

I think I paid just under $50 per ten club ticket in 2003.. would $65-$70 be fair this time around?
  • Options

I think I paid just under $50 per ten club ticket in 2003.. would $65-$70 be fair this time around?

75-90.

last year:

Chicago: $148.00 (74)
    San Diego: $146.00 (73)
    Philly: $167.00 (83.50)
  • Options

75-90.

last year:

Chicago: $148.00 (74)
    San Diego: $146.00 (73)
    Philly: $167.00 (83.50)

That's not too bad, considering you get at least two bands. I do remember Columbus being at the lower end of the prices in 2003.

Hopefully it's closer to $75 than $90.