*** 2010 FIFA World Cup ***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,983
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Anyone watch the 30 for 30 last night? Good stuff. I remember when that happened, but don't remember it being nothing more than a blip on ESPN at the time.

And I think I can now say I've seen/read anything and everything on Pablo Escobar.

I saw it was on but didn't catch it. Really wanted to. Anyone know if these are avilable online or on dvd or some shit?

I think it was pretty big news when it happened. I went to a 5 games of that world cup and was shocked when it happened. I think that was when I realized soccer was a pretty big deal everywhere else.

I think Amazon or ESPN directly will be selling them. If you have DVR, do a search, I think they're on ESPN Classic a bunch.

When it happened I thought it was Brazil - which is a country I have been dying to get to for a long long time. I have a feeling if I went there I wouldn't come back. And not because I would be kidnapped, but because I wouldn't want to come back.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The end of that Australia v Serbia game was crazy.

Well, see you Saturday, Ghana!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Anyone watch the 30 for 30 last night? Good stuff. I remember when that happened, but don't remember it being nothing more than a blip on ESPN at the time.

And I think I can now say I've seen/read anything and everything on Pablo Escobar.

I saw it was on but didn't catch it. Really wanted to. Anyone know if these are avilable online or on dvd or some shit?

I think it was pretty big news when it happened. I went to a 5 games of that world cup and was shocked when it happened. I think that was when I realized soccer was a pretty big deal everywhere else.

I think Amazon or ESPN directly will be selling them. If you have DVR, do a search, I think they're on ESPN Classic a bunch.

When it happened I thought it was Brazil - which is a country I have been dying to get to for a long long time. I have a feeling if I went there I wouldn't come back. And not because I would be kidnapped, but because I wouldn't want to come back.

Nice, I will definitely have to find it.

haha, yeah, I agree on Brazil, i would never, ever come back. EVER. Luckiest fuckers on this planet.
    2nd place might be better

I'm going to guess you don't feel the same right about now ... ;)

Sincerely, good luck on Sunday v Germany ... I'll be pulling for England.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    REVENGE FOR 06!!!!!!!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    jimed14 wrote:
    So, as of now, looks like the US would get Ghana ... who beat the US in the 2006 World Cup in a game the US needed to win to advance ... if memory serves me correctly.

Yep. Ghana got the go ahead goal on a very questionable call against Onyewu in the box that resulted in a penalty kick. As bad as the US team was maligned last WC, if I remember right they could have advanced with a win against Ghana.
    gabers wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    So, as of now, looks like the US would get Ghana ... who beat the US in the 2006 World Cup in a game the US needed to win to advance ... if memory serves me correctly.

Yep. Ghana got the go ahead goal on a very questionable call against Onyewu in the box that resulted in a penalty kick. As bad as the US team was maligned last WC, if I remember right they could have advanced with a win against Ghana.

Just looked up the standings form 06, if the US won, they would have advanced.

It's not going to be an easy match ... playing Ghana in Africa ... oooof.

Warm up the vuvuzelas!

• yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    glad to see we pulled Ghana.. would have been nice to see the Aussies though
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,983
    I think this will be the first time ever that the entire population of Ghana - and the rest of Africa - isn't spending their time inundating my email with offers of $1,500,000 if I give them my bank account information. Hey-ohhhhhhhh.
    jimed14 wrote:
    gabers wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Just looked up the standings form 06, if the US won, they would have advanced.

It's not going to be an easy match ... playing Ghana in Africa ... oooof.

Warm up the vuvuzelas!
    As the only African team advancing...
    Yeah this is not going to be easy...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I thought Ghana looked pretty good and physically strong. It'll be tough for the USA but good luck. Of course we've got you know who again. :(
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    after 2 ridiculous red cards we get a win against serbia that counts for nothing but pride.. well done socceroos, well done. :clap::clap::clap:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    yoke wrote:
    glad to see we pulled Ghana.. would have been nice to see the Aussies though

yeah that wouldve been awesome..................... for us. :P :lol:

good luck everyone... and remember... keep your hands down. :thumbup: :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,249
    Great Ghana has not impressed me to much at all, the way the USA has been robed this tournament they should of had 1st place all to themselves , fucking refs i hope we a decent ref against Ghana ....Istill think will win the game outright fuck Africa ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Great Ghana has not impressed me to much at all, the way the USA has been robed this tournament they should of had 1st place all to themselves , fucking refs i hope we a decent ref against Ghana ....Istill think will win the game outright fuck Africa ..

:lol:

a whole continent??? you must be pissed at someone.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    nuffingman wrote:
    I thought Ghana looked pretty good and physically strong. It'll be tough for the USA but good luck. Of course we've got you know who again. :(
    Ghana seems to be very fast it will be interesting to see how the defense plays against their speed.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    BIG BIG DAY FOR US ITALIANS
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    intodeep wrote:
    nuffingman wrote:
    Ghana seems to be very fast it will be interesting to see how the defense plays against their speed.
    You need to keep them out of the box as their shooting hasn't been so good from outside. The game all hangs on the defense as you said.
    You should give Slovakia a right spanking. None of this defensive nonsense that you guys are famous for though. ;)
    nuffingman wrote:
    You should give Slovakia a right spanking. None of this defensive nonsense that you guys are famous for though. ;)

THE ITALIANS GOTTA WIN 1 GAME ... JUST HAVE TO
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

+1. LETS GO ITALY!!!!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    oh man :cry:
    Newch91 wrote:

+1. LETS GO ITALY!!!!

shitaly not looking good

You are right. I think I've lost all hope in them. All three games they've played like complete shit.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Newch91 wrote:

You are right. I think I've lost all hope in them. All three games they've played like complete shit.

Typical for Italy in the first round. Still a lot of time left though. We may see Italy and Spain not advance this year.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

+1. LETS GO ITALY!!!!

yea bad news..im going down to the outside bar for the 2nd half

at least i can be miserable with some hot italian females
    yea bad news..im going down to the outside bar for the 2nd half

at least i can be miserable with some hot italian females

That's the way to do it.
    This is the shittiest Italian team in decades. When was the last time the 2 finalists from the previous World Cup didn't qualify for the 2nd stage?
    nuffingman wrote:
    This is the shittiest Italian team in decades. When was the last time the 2 finalists from the previous World Cup didn't qualify for the 2nd stage?
    Do we need 81 and his stats thread to find the answer?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    nuffingman wrote:
    Do we need 81 and his stats thread to find the answer?
    No!!! PLEEEEEEASE :shock: