Pearl Jam Scheduled for SNL in March

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Who cares if they play fixer? they can do the pledge of allegiance and puff the magic dragon and it will be better than watching Shakira or Miley Cyrus...again.

Better than watching? No.
    Listening? Yes.

watching shakira perform is why the mute function was invented! :mrgreen:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Who cares if they play fixer? they can do the pledge of allegiance and puff the magic dragon and it will be better than watching Shakira or Miley Cyrus...again.

Better than watching? No.
    Listening? Yes.

watching shakira perform is why the mute function was invented! :mrgreen:

she's good cut
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I bet they will play Unthought Known and Got Some
  • I'm in for a call...
    Unthought Known
    Amongst the Waves

Read it now, know it later.
    Cheers.
    'Cause you don't give blood and take it back again.
  • fotdfotd Posts: 514
    It would be awesome if Betty White hosted.
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • WOOHOO!!!
    If I had known then...what I know now...

the vic ~ 8.2.07
    eV at The Ryman ~ 6.18.09
    st. louis ~ 5.4.10
    If we all did a little, together we could make a BIG difference....wanna help us?
    Then visit http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com
  • if they played the Fixer or ATW i'd probably just change the channel to be honest. but if they played one first, i'd check back later and try to catch the second one if it was something else.

they dont have the balls, but they should play Johnny Guitar!
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    MrSmith wrote:
    if they played the Fixer or ATW i'd probably just change the channel to be honest. but if they played one first, i'd check back later and try to catch the second one if it was something else.

so it's saturday night... pearl jam is performing live on TV

and you're going to change the channel?

really?
  • MrSmith wrote:
    if they played the Fixer or ATW i'd probably just change the channel to be honest. but if they played one first, i'd check back later and try to catch the second one if it was something else.

really?
    why not? love the band, but those songs were so flaccid on ACL and live i think i could find some work to do around the house or something. still going to see them at Jazzfest though.

some of the 'fans' around here border on mindless zombies. i'm still a big fan.
  • ban him
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    MrSmith wrote:
    MrSmith wrote:

really?
    why not? love the band, but those songs were so flaccid on ACL and live i think i could find some work to do around the house or something. still going to see them at Jazzfest though.

I hear you about the mindless zombies... i'm not one of them... nor am I "challenging your fan hood" ... you probably have seen more, know more, etc about pearl jam than me... i'm just saying it seems a little weird

11:55 on Saturday night and you're going to choose to organize your comic books?

maybe they'll improve on ACL? maybe Boom will lose it and drop his balls on the keyboard??

it's like 3 minutes out of your life? you have 4600 posts on the pearl jam message board... but aren't going to watch if they perform a certain song... just seems odd :?

but obviously you should(and will) do whatever you want
  • MrSmith wrote:

I hear you about the mindless zombies... i'm not one of them... nor am I "challenging your fan hood" ... you probably have seen more, know more, etc about pearl jam than me... i'm just saying it seems a little weird

11:55 on Saturday night and you're going to choose to organize your comic books?

maybe they'll improve on ACL? maybe Boom will lose it and drop his balls on the keyboard??

it's like 3 minutes out of your life? you have 4600 posts on the pearl jam message board... but aren't going to watch if they perform a certain song... just seems odd :?

but obviously you should(and will) do whatever you want
    i would agree with you there, but SNL is usually pretty straightforward. they just play the songs and thats it. i doubt any balls will be dropped on keyboards :) i think at this point im done trying to make myself like those two. if they play anything else, i'll be there for sure though.
  • i bet they do some kind of mini tour around this. you think? i guess maybe its too short on notice.
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    fotd wrote:
    It would be awesome if Betty White hosted.

it would be the greatest night in SNL history!
  • I hear Oprah is hosting. She is going to give the audience all sorts of cool stuff.
    "You get a Philly boot, you get a Phill boot, you over there...you get a Philly boot".
  • Uhm, yeah, they're probably not going to play Got Some, since they've already played it on Conan. . . it just isn't their style.
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Guess I'm sleeping on the street in front of Rockefeller Center on Friday the 12th! Hello stand-by, here I come!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • My money is on Robert Pattinson ( the dude from Twilight) as host. He has a movie opening the day before. Would suck if he was that would kill any chance of trying to go standby. Since you will have 13 year old girls camping out. Two other choices could be Johnny Depp who has Alice in Wonderland opening the week before or Matt Damon has the Green Zone opening that weekend. I'd doubt either would do SNL in this stage of their career.
    1998- MSG 1
    2003- MSG 1 & 2
    2006- Irving Plaza, Albany, NJ 1 & 2
    2008- MSG 1 & 2
    2008- EV NYC 2
    2010- Hartford
    2016- MSG 2
  • Hoping for Betty White, Amongst the Waves & Just Breathe...
  • LucyLew wrote:
    Hoping for Betty White, Amongst the Waves & Just Breathe...
    LOL . . . you are almost 100% correct, but it will be Unthought Known instead of Amongst the Waves . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-Vkj_mUQ4

Amongst the Waves doesn't do it for Betty.
    LucyLew wrote:
    Hoping for Betty White, Supersonic and Gonna see my friend...

there I fixed your typo for you :lol::lol::mrgreen::mrgreen: ...My 100th post!!!!!!YAY!!!! :D:D:D:D
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Guess I'm sleeping on the street in front of Rockefeller Center on Friday the 12th! Hello stand-by, here I come!

So, for everyone thinking about waiting standby:
    HATE to be somewhat of a buzzkill, but:
    I was roaming around the city yesterday with a friend & wanted to walk over to 30 Rock to see where the standby line would be & what that all entails as I was thinking of doing so for SNL---the guy at the desk there showed me where people waited but said that a lot of people camp out at night & wait until morning, but most of the time nobody even gets tickets. :(

In my case, I don't even know if I could go- my parents would probably be against me waiting at night into the morning, plus I'd need to find a friend to do this with, and the chances of a friend wanting to do this with me are pretty slim to none :(
    God knows I'd absolutely love to see Pearl Jam play SNL- though it wouldn't be a "concert", it would be my first time seeing them live!!! So to everybody that are gonna wait in line, good luck!! I really hope you get tickets!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • go on a NBC tour on Friday, go last in line, break away from the line and sleep in the vents and then you can watch on Saturday the show.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    SNL tickets are some of the toughest " gets " out there , ..... period .
    It is an extremely small studio,....limited seats available for every show .

Waiting in the line from the night before doesnt even insure that youll get in to either the live broadcast , or the rehearsal performance. ( They usually do 2 shows, the first being a rehearsal where they may fine tune the show by adding / removing certain skits or shorts )

It still would be cool to see PJ play whatever songs they felt like in rehearsal ,
    but again theres no guarantee that youll get inside for either of the shows .

I hope they play just breathe and amongst the waves,
    and go out live with johhny guitar.
    benicio del toro as host with a wolfman skit including all the members of PJ .

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    samjam wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:

So, for everyone thinking about waiting standby:
    HATE to be somewhat of a buzzkill, but:
    I was roaming around the city yesterday with a friend & wanted to walk over to 30 Rock to see where the standby line would be & what that all entails as I was thinking of doing so for SNL---the guy at the desk there showed me where people waited but said that a lot of people camp out at night & wait until morning, but most of the time nobody even gets tickets. :(

In my case, I don't even know if I could go- my parents would probably be against me waiting at night into the morning, plus I'd need to find a friend to do this with, and the chances of a friend wanting to do this with me are pretty slim to none :(
    God knows I'd absolutely love to see Pearl Jam play SNL- though it wouldn't be a "concert", it would be my first time seeing them live!!! So to everybody that are gonna wait in line, good luck!! I really hope you get tickets!

This is all bad news... But yes Young pj fans unite (also 17) :D
  • maybe theyll play one from backspacer and one new one?? :D

i know what kat's post says... just seems like odd timing to promote an album as old as backspacer... come on new song!!!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
    Speaking as a crazy bastard who tried the last time they were on I can add a glimmer of hope to those joining me in stand-by. First off, people did get in (this was to the live show, not the dress) in fact I was 3 people away from getting in. Second, you have the option of choosing if you want to try for dress or live (this time I'm going for dress as I should have done last time). Far more people go for live. Lastly, I plan on going much earlier this time which would have secured me a spot. Best of luck to all who try, and for the love of Christ, please don't let it be that bastard from Twilight be hosting. Even if I get in, I couldn't deal with the others in line for such a long time!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Speaking as a crazy bastard who tried the last time they were on I can add a glimmer of hope to those joining me in stand-by. First off, people did get in (this was to the live show, not the dress) in fact I was 3 people away from getting in. Second, you have the option of choosing if you want to try for dress or live (this time I'm going for dress as I should have done last time). Far more people go for live. Lastly, I plan on going much earlier this time which would have secured me a spot. Best of luck to all who try, and for the love of Christ, please don't let it be that bastard from Twilight be hosting. Even if I get in, I couldn't deal with the others in line for such a long time!!

what's up mooks? long time, no see....hope all is well :D
    norm wrote:
    mookie9999 wrote:

what's up mooks? long time, no see....hope all is well :D
    Hey! How have you been? Been a bit MIA for awhile! Needed some amazing local PJ news to wake me up!!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

This discussion has been closed.