Pearl Jam Scheduled for SNL in March

Comments

• HAHA. I was just thinking that as I saw all these threads this morning and thought to myself...."they can play whatever the fuck they want" and then I saw this thread. Great thread!
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    I'll drink to that....if I can find my flask.
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,875
    dunkman wrote:
    "whatever the F you want" is a very under-rated B-side it has to be said... but Boom's lyrics about lawless penguins make it a classic

I think they tagged it during Daughter back in 98?? :mrgreen:
    cdp1223 wrote:
    I'll drink to that....if I can find my flask.

it's the simple jokes that do well

nice work
  • + 1
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • dunkman wrote:
    "whatever the F you want" is a very under-rated B-side it has to be said... but Boom's lyrics about lawless penguins make it a classic

For some reason I read that flawless penguins................
    Ahhhhhhhhh.... Perfect Penguins, beautiful!
    This board must be getting to me. :lol:
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    No kidding they can play what they want. But I have a question for you, what is a band's messageboard for if fans can't give their opinion of what the band is doing or going to do?

If you don't think fans should have an opinion and post it, you must only want fans to post their undying love of the band, and those posts are the truly creepy and sickening posts.

So the real question is, if you type brown-nosing bs on a band's message board, is it still brown-nosing, or brown-fingering?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    No kidding they can play what they want. But I have a question for you, what is a band's messageboard for if fans can't give their opinion of what the band is doing or going to do?

If you don't think fans should have an opinion and post it, you must only want fans to post their undying love of the band, and those posts are the truly creepy and sickening posts.

So the real question is, if you type brown-nosing bs on a band's message board, is it still brown-nosing, or brown-fingering?

brown nosing on a message board... brillant :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Well no kidding- Pearl Jam can and will play whatever the F they want!!
    Whatever it may be, I'll be happy!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • No kidding they can play what they want. But I have a question for you, what is a band's messageboard for if fans can't give their opinion of what the band is doing or going to do?

brown nosing on a message board... brillant :lol:

for pillow pants it's brown lip-ing....yeah.....he's a bit of a kiss ass. ;):lol::lol:
  • awesome news.......my guess is Sandler hosting (or someone from his new movie which includes Spade, Kevin James, Chris Rock, and Rob Schnieder that comes out around then) ........................
  • Awesome!!!
    Austin, TX
  • I'm guessing GSMF and then Unthought
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • MineMine Posts: 556
    Mine wrote:

If they do Supersonic or Fixer they need group therapy as soon as possible.

They'll play "Fixer" for "Radio" fans! Count on it! :roll:
    That would have to be Just Breath.

Or Even Flow.
    I knew who I was before other people started telling me who I was. J.Joplin
  • woweeee!
    pj in NYC for snl!
    cool.
    8-)

but man, i hope shows will be later.....yikes.
    after april 15th, please!
    and man, can we have ticket sales like.....NOW? :lol:
    some of us work for the man, involved heavily in tax time. this IS tax time!

none the less, exciting news!
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

and this...
    I'm guessing GSMF and then Unthought

would be awesome!
    :thumbup:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• COOL KICK OUT THE JAMS MOTHER FUCKER
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Maybe throw in 'Porch'... :P
  • If Sandler hosts, Opera Man and Vedder need to do a skit together.
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Awesome news!!! Unthought Known!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Thank you for the news, now we have something official to grind into dust :P

I’m looking forward to the appearance. Always enjoy our band shining on a national stage.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I hope they play it, anything will be good IMO.
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
  • Coolio, I will be in New York that week for St Paddys, what bar ya think the boys go to after? :lol:
  • pMagog wrote:
    Coolio, I will be in New York that week for St Paddys, what bar ya think the boys go to after? :lol:
    you gotta go to Boston. Plenty of Irish bars.

an opinion of what the band is going to do is not the same thing as someone DEMANDING what the band SHOULD do

the undying love threads, the pics where ed looks hot, and the pics where Boom looks high are all creepy and sickening... i will agree... ok the Boom thread I would enjoy...but anyway

how am i brown nosing? by posting a message that the band will never see? I was being sarcastic and making fun of all the people who think they have an influence by posting some stupid "Official SNL" thread...

anyway... i started it as a fuckin joke... relax francis

discussion of possibilities for songs played is all good... the other shit is annoying

pearl jam is going to play whatever sells the most copies of backspacer... welcome to 2010 people

4370162265_7f83bb5088.jpg
  • pMagog wrote:
    Coolio, I will be in New York that week for St Paddys, what bar ya think the boys go to after? :lol:
    you gotta go to Boston. Plenty of Irish bars.

I will see, only a 10-day trip but could hop on train for day out I imagine. Wanted to see parade et al in New York and then go mad on st paddys :D
  • I'm sure they'll do the Fixer first. After that probably Just Breathe since that's the new single. I'm hoping they play Amongst the Waves though...
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • No kidding they can play what they want. But I have a question for you, what is a band's messageboard for if fans can't give their opinion of what the band is doing or going to do?

an opinion of what the band is going to do is not the same thing as someone DEMANDING what the band SHOULD do

the undying love threads, the pics where ed looks hot, and the pics where Boom looks high are all creepy and sickening... i will agree... ok the Boom thread I would enjoy...but anyway

how am i brown nosing? by posting a message that the band will never see? I was being sarcastic and making fun of all the people who think they have an influence by posting some stupid "Official SNL" thread...

anyway... i started it as a fuckin joke... relax francis

discussion of possibilities for songs played is all good... the other shit is annoying

pearl jam is going to play whatever sells the most copies of backspacer... welcome to 2010 people

4370162265_7f83bb5088.jpg

who the fuck is this pillow pants guy anyway???? :lol::lol:

fuck SNL!!!....how ya like that?!?!?!..........i could care less what they play.....i'm a PJ junkie which means i like the obscure shit...and they won't play obscure shit on SNL so........fuck SNL!!

i'm not gonna stay up all night just to see the Fixer!! :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • Who cares if they play fixer? they can do the pledge of allegiance and puff the magic dragon and it will be better than watching Shakira or Miley Cyrus...again.
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    Who cares if they play fixer? they can do the pledge of allegiance and puff the magic dragon and it will be better than watching Shakira or Miley Cyrus...again.

Better than watching? No.
    Listening? Yes.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    CJMST3K wrote:
    Who cares if they play fixer? they can do the pledge of allegiance and puff the magic dragon and it will be better than watching Shakira or Miley Cyrus...again.

Better than watching? No.
    Listening? Yes.

AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH !!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
This discussion has been closed.