Conan's Last Show

PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Didn't see it here in this forum yet so thought I would post it.

Friday January 22, 2010

NEIL YOUNG!!

yep, NEIL YOUNG!!

Tom Hanks and Will Farrell will appear too.

Farewell Conan.

Leno is a douche.
The best use of Life is Love.
The best expression of Love is Time.
The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Why is Leno a douche, he got ratings Conan didn't, If they gave Leno the same deal as Conan and would be allowed back on the air in 6 months, then likely Leno would have left. Leno never volunteered to leave, he was forced into. This why NBC is a mess.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • you're right - he isnt a douche ...... but he still sucks! He isnt funny.
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    My opinion is he's a douche. We all have opinions. That's all.

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    leno's a douche for simply not being funny

and very cool about neil, was hoping maybe PJ would come out and play him out as they had played him in. maybe they'll show up! :D
  • To be honest, most tv based late night comedy isn't funny at all.

Family Guy is funnier than all 3 of these shows....and it's a cartoon.

Come to think of it, my left ball is funnier than most of the content in those shows. That's just a fucking fact.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Will Conan finally be funny on Friday? Or will he continue to be the biggest dork on tv. Tune in @ 11:35 to find out.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    To be honest, most tv based late night comedy isn't funny at all.

Family Guy is funnier than all 3 of these shows....and it's a cartoon.

Come to think of it, my left ball is funnier than most of the content in those shows. That's just a fucking fact.
    Humor is all relative. I've never found Family Guy to be funny. I do crack up at South Park and old Simpsons episodes. It's weird because all my friends like the same shows as me, except I don't think Family Guy is very funny.
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    family guy is horrible.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Family Guy is funny. To argue otherwise is like saying Michael Jordan's dick isn't made of chocolate rainbows and black unicorns.

In summation, suck my balls.
    People can call Leno names all they want, he handed over a number 1 rated show, it fell to 3rd with Conan and even lost to Dave's reruns. Plus he asked for the show or he was going to another network, they gave him the show. If you demand something, you better make it work, it didn't work. Now you can all watch him on Fox at 11 in September.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• lukin2006 wrote:
    People can call Leno names all they want, he handed over a number 1 rated show, it fell to 3rd with Conan and even lost to Dave's reruns. Plus he asked for the show or he was going to another network, they gave him the show. If you demand something, you better make it work, it didn't work. Now you can all watch him on Fox at 11 in September.

ummm, yeah its more involved than that friend.

For one, letterman most likely felt and probably still feels that leno STOLE HIS spot, when Leno took over for carson, rather than Letterman taking over for carson. Carson himself, took sides, and through the years, all the way until his death would give letterman material, jokes, skits, whatever, and never did the same for leno. Its quite clear, Letterman wanted the carson gig more than anything, and then leno just took it from him.

Then it appears leno is doing it again.
  • lukin2006 wrote:

the thing that ticks me off about your post and lenos statements about this mess is that he plays this innocent victim card. Leno was doing the tonight show for 11 years or whatever, having stolen it from letterman, let me remind you. Conan, whether you or I think so, is the current face of late night tv, whatever that is worth in todays climate. Conan moved his wife and kids, and his staff to la, literally across the country, then leno and nbc pull this punk move. Zucker, seems the epitome of corporate greed.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Why is Leno a douche, he got ratings Conan didn't, If they gave Leno the same deal as Conan and would be allowed back on the air in 6 months, then likely Leno would have left. Leno never volunteered to leave, he was forced into. This why NBC is a mess.
    He's a douche for agreeing to NBC and their fucked up ways. He could have just walked away.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    if everyone loves conan so much, why did his ratings stink

nobody wants to talk about that. it's all leno leno leno.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    lukin2006 wrote:

ummm, yeah its more involved than that friend.

For one, letterman most likely felt and probably still feels that leno STOLE HIS spot, when Leno took over for carson, rather than Letterman taking over for carson. Carson himself, took sides, and through the years, all the way until his death would give letterman material, jokes, skits, whatever, and never did the same for leno. Its quite clear, Letterman wanted the carson gig more than anything, and then leno just took it from him.

Then it appears leno is doing it again.
    You're right and I agree, I'm afraid it's a cut throat business. Apparantly Leno understands this, it's also a performance based business, Leno understands this as well and so does Dave, why do you thionk Dave wants Conan opposite him, could it have anything to do with the fact for the first time in 14 years his show is number 1. Like I said earlier, if they let Leno on the air in 6 months or so he would have likely left, NBC wouldn't let him out of his contract.

Anybody who is in that business has to accept the facts that someone can and will push you out of the way if it suits them, thats life in the entertainment business.

81 wrote:

I'll talk about it. Thats what it's all about in that business. Leno had 2 million more viewers a night than Conan. If Tom Hanks had a show on TV and the ratings sucked, he'd be yanked. I don't understand why people don't see that. It's not like people didn't know who Conan was, he's been on TV for 17 years or so. I think people who watch TV after the news just didn't relate to Conan.

As far as Conan moving across country with his staff, thats life. I'm sure there are thousands of people who move every year for what appear to be good opportunities and it doesn't work out, thats life.

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026

and very cool about neil, was hoping maybe PJ would come out and play him out as they had played him in. maybe they'll show up! :D

So yeah, Neil Young!

I still feel like one of the luckiest girls alive to be able to have been in the audience for Conan's FIRST TONIGHT SHOW!!

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    PJPixie wrote:

So yeah, Neil Young!

I still feel like one of the luckiest girls alive to be able to have been in the audience for Conan's FIRST TONIGHT SHOW!!

Are you gonna go tomorrow?
  • Steve Carell has been added to the finale lineup according to The Office Facebook page.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    81 wrote:

It has been talked about in the other thread.
    Rather than typing it out, it may be easier for all to click over to the other thread.... :roll:
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    81 wrote:

it's because leno was a horrible lead in.

if viewers didn't agree with leno's program, then they weren't going to bother watching conan.

if you don't believe me, watch anything conan has done within the past two weeks. it's hilarious. really great stuff.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvaZKuAoFUU

go to the 1:41 mark, most expensive skit...conan really stuck it to NBC! NBC deleted it off of hulu but it's on youtube for now :D
  • I find it interesting, just how many people take this Conan, Leno, Letterman soap opera so serious. I really do.

And dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being passionate about something or someone that entertains you and makes you smile. Or being passionate about something or a show that just helps you relax and forget about everyday life for an hour or so.

I just dont watch late night television. I havent in YEARS. I have watched maybe a combined 3 hours of Letterman, Conan, and Leno, in the last 5 years.

But I guess I understand it a little....
    I was truly bummed when Johnny Carson retired....Truly Bummed.....

But that was JOHNNY CARSON......

These 3 guys just dont belong in the same conversation as Johnny Carson.....IMO
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I find it interesting, just how many people take this Conan, Leno, Letterman soap opera so serious. I really do.

And dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with being passionate about something or someone that entertains you and makes you smile. Or being passionate about something or a show that just helps you relax and forget about everyday life for an hour or so.

I just dont watch late night television. I havent in YEARS. I have watched maybe a combined 3 hours of Letterman, Conan, and Leno, in the last 5 years.

Speedy.. how can you compare to Carson if you've only watched 3 hrs combined?

Carson was funny. Conan is pretty funny too. Leno is lame. I don't find Letterman so funny as I enjoy hearing what he has to say.
  • I find it interesting, just how many people take this Conan, Leno, Letterman soap opera so serious. I really do.

Speedy.. how can you compare to Carson if you've only watched 3 hrs combined?

Carson was funny. Conan is pretty funny too. Leno is lame. I don't find Letterman so funny as I enjoy hearing what he has to say.
    In the last 5 years I have watched maybe 3 hours....

Go back a few more years and I can say I watched each show....I dont know.....Maybe a half dozen to a dozen times.......

Letterman was good....I guess......20 years ago????
    Leno had his moments...I guess....
    Conan too.....

But Johnny Carson??
    He had me laughing and wanting more....EACH AND EVERY NIGHT....Period!!
    Johnny was a class act...
    well nobody can compare to johnny, i remember being so sad when he left, and even sadder when he passed. grew up watching him (my parents never gave me a bedtime so i was the only kid in class who knew about carnac lol)

but conan's awesome, and while i can't stay up to watch the late shows as much, when i have, he makes me laugh the most out of all of 'em :)
  • well nobody can compare to johnny, i remember being so sad when he left, and even sadder when he passed. grew up watching him (my parents never gave me a bedtime so i was the only kid in class who knew about carnac lol)

but conan's awesome, and while i can't stay up to watch the late shows as much, when i have, he makes me laugh the most out of all of 'em :)

Before cable TV...
    Before we had 151 channels to choose from......

America had Johnny Carson for 1-2 hours....Each and every night...

And I guess, as far as late night television goes.....
    As the years pass...
    We realize just how fortunate we were......