If Cobain...

Comments

• alive25alive25 Posts: 124
    He would probably say "what is this shit? Is it maroon 5?" =]
  • jets521 wrote:
    my friend told me...

"if kurt cobain was reincarnated, he would blow his head off again when he heard "The Fixer" :lol:

thoughts?

He probably would because he's the suicidal type. Although I've never really had thoughts of suicide, I thought about ending it all on the day The Fixer was released. So if I had thoughts, Cobain wouldn't have made it through the first verse.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    jets521 wrote:
    my friend told me...

"if kurt cobain was reincarnated, he would blow his head off again when he heard "The Fixer" :lol:

thoughts?

He probably would because he's the suicidal type. Although I've never really had thoughts of suicide, I thought about ending it all on the day The Fixer was released. So if I had thoughts, Cobain wouldn't have made it through the first verse.

:lol:
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • Thats funny, I've always said that if Kurt Cobain hadnt killed himself when he did, he would have done it later on.
  • peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    This thread makes me sad because it was such a wasted talent. Recently I've been thinking a lot about Kurt and the aftermath with the legal battles, the Foo Fighters and what could have been.

Yes, very sad and every so often I think of Kurt and wonder what he would think of or have to say about everything that has happened in the time he's been gone as far as music and the music business

but I don't think he'd care much about The Fixer because his music would have changed as well and Nirvana probably wouldn't even still be together if he was alive
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,484
    Nirvana's music was already changing. Unplugged showed that Kurt could actually sing and he said on more than one occasion that he was going to start writing with Michael Stipe. He wouldn't kill himself over The Fixer, he'd do it because he couldn't write a song as good as The End.

As for the Courtney conspiracies claiming that she was unstable and must have killed him - she was so unstable and fucked up that there's no way she could have planned and covered up a murder. Anyway, she's so publicity hungry that she would have got wasted one night and told everyone just to get attention.

Here's a random thought: Kurt overdosed in Italy a few weeks before he died which meant the cancellation of their show in Newport in April - I still have my unused ticket.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Bullshit. If Cobain was still alive he'd be on tour with Pearl Jam. Lets not forget that Nirvana never sold out arenas and they only had 2 number one albums and neither of those have sold more than Pearl Jam's 6 number one albums and, even today, Nevermind hasnt outsold Ten. I am absolutely certain that we would have gotten tired of Kurt's 3 chords and his constant fucking whining. We all grow up.....unless we kill ourselves first.

This is the most idiotic comparsion I have ever come across. How can you compare the number of #1 albums and sold out arenas of these two bands. One was in existence for 5 years the other 20 years.
  • Kurt was sick of the music he was making. His new stuff probably would have sounded more like the Fixer 10 years before Backspacer was even a thought in PJ's collective creative conscience.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Well.. suicidal people usually aren't too fond of happy music.. I'm glad Ed is the better man.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    goldrush wrote:
    Unplugged showed that Kurt could actually sing

doing his best Peter Brady impersonation.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    I think he would be in Pearl Jam as well as a 4th guitarist and occasional stage diver
  • he would probably have a remix with Jay-z
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • he would probably have a remix with Jay-z

So true!
  • thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    I was pretty into Nirvana during my middle school years, right around the time You Know You're Right came out. After hearing Pearl Jam and other music, I realized how simple Nirvana was. My best guess is that using the unplugged record and the hiring of Pat Smear as any indicator, his music would probably started getting more rhythmically difficult. Nirvana probably would've broken up sooner or later, probably around the same time as Soundgarden, and I could see Kurt possibly pulling an Eddie Vedder and start contributing to movie soundtracks and doing solo acoustic work. Dave Grohl would still do Foo Fighters but the timeline for that band would probably be pushed back a few years.

As for the whole conspiracy theory thing, there is so much evidence that is very hard to ignore when looking at this case, but at the same time, Courtney Love is a complete whacko, so its hard to believe that she conducted this mastermind scheme and has yet to be charged for it. Of course, the financial incentives for offing Kurt were clearly evident, probably better than any sort of child support/alimony she would've gotten. But its all in the past. As fans of Nirvana, we just have to move on and accept that Kurt Cobain is dead and hope that there will be another one of him that will set the trends for the 10s, hopefully so we can get away from this electronic/80s sounding alternative and/or nickelback sounding bands that clog the airwaves.

One last thing I do have to say is that a duet between Kurt and Eddie doing "Off He Goes" would just be absolutely brilliant. Maybe one day when Eddie passes they will be able to do one up in heaven.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • No offense, but some people here need to lighten up a little bit

OR...maybe some people need to tighten up a little bit.

sorry if i don't find Kurt blowing his head off funny or appropriate when used in jest.

(and i have a great sense of humor as many well know)

that shit was just low class.
  • thefin190thefin190 Posts: 918
    By the way, this is why I love the song Glorified G so much, because guns fucking suck.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • thefin190 wrote:
    By the way, this is why I love the song Glorified G so much, because guns fucking suck.

don't blame guns....you can kill yourself in many ways....our freedom was won at the barrel of a gun, and it will only be preserved by maintaining the right to bear arms....anyone who chooses to disarm themselves and thinks only cops and military should have guns is a fool!!.....i mean if i could wish them ALL away i would do so...but that ain't gonna happen in reality.

Thomas Jefferson "The difference between a citizen and a slave is the right to bear arms"
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bullshit. If Cobain was still alive he'd be on tour with Pearl Jam. Lets not forget that Nirvana never sold out arenas and they only had 2 number one albums and neither of those have sold more than Pearl Jam's 6 number one albums and, even today, Nevermind hasnt outsold Ten. I am absolutely certain that we would have gotten tired of Kurt's 3 chords and his constant fucking whining. We all grow up.....unless we kill ourselves first.

This is the most idiotic comparsion I have ever come across. How can you compare the number of #1 albums and sold out arenas of these two bands. One was in existence for 5 years the other 20 years.

Thought the guy made sense. It's not idiotic. At the height of their fame and powers nirvana were good but pj always outsold them
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    thefin190 wrote:

don't blame guns....you can kill yourself in many ways....our freedom was won at the barrel of a gun, and it will only be preserved by maintaining the right to bear arms....anyone who chooses to disarm themselves and thinks only cops and military should have guns is a fool!!.....i mean if i could wish them ALL away i would do so...but that ain't gonna happen in reality.

Thomas Jefferson "The difference between a citizen and a slave is the right to bear arms"

YEEEEEEE HAAAAAWWWWWW

• don't blame guns....you can kill yourself in many ways....our freedom was won at the barrel of a gun, and it will only be preserved by maintaining the right to bear arms....anyone who chooses to disarm themselves and thinks only cops and military should have guns is a fool!!.....i mean if i could wish them ALL away i would do so...but that ain't gonna happen in reality.

Probably the dumbest thing i have ever read :roll:

• don't blame guns....you can kill yourself in many ways....our freedom was won at the barrel of a gun, and it will only be preserved by maintaining the right to bear arms....anyone who chooses to disarm themselves and thinks only cops and military should have guns is a fool!!.....i mean if i could wish them ALL away i would do so...but that ain't gonna happen in reality.

then you must be clueless and have no grasp on true history.

then you must be clueless and have no grasp on true history.

Nope just enough common sense that to let the general public access to firearms is a really dumb idea. There is plenty of statistics and figures and atrocious shootings to clearly prove that point. There is no reason to let anyone arm themselves at all.
  • Probably the dumbest thing i have ever read :roll:
    Then you must not read very much... :roll:
    There is no reason to let anyone arm themselves at all.
    I don't mean to bag on you, my man, but if you can think of "no reason to let anyone arm themselves at all" then you must live in a peachy world where no one has any reason (or right?) to stand up for himself. I'm not saying guns are the only way, but I don't think the U.S. would exist today if a few strong-minded folks had no use of force at their disposal. Sit-ins, boycotts, hunger strikes and petitions only go so far when Mr. Bad Guy is trying to kill your ass.

But back to the OP... Ed had plenty demons of his own but he worked through them and let the music do its job. I'm no real fan of "The Fixer" but it seems proof enough that he's in a good personal place (and he can still write a decent tune), so if I have to sit through a few candy-coated songs, so be it. I'm happy for him. If Kurt continued to burn as hot as he did he wouldn't have been around much longer anyway.
  • Jesus, somone posts something funny and all hell breaks loose. I know ed was all deep and serious back in the day, but you don't have to copy his whole fuckin persona by finding nothing funny. Chill the fuck out. He seems to have.

Besides, anyones yet to come up with a decent argument for backspacer. Name one song on there as good as corduroy, given to fly or I got id and I'll happily agree it's a great record. But fortunately, you can't, so I win.

Oh, and while i'm here 'just breathe' is utter utter shit.

But you know, every bands allowed a few bad tunes. Look at the beatles. Obladdi oblada or however you type it is fucking rubbish. It can suck my balls.
    ~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
  • Nope just enough common sense that to let the general public access to firearms is a really dumb idea. There is plenty of statistics and figures and atrocious shootings to clearly prove that point. There is no reason to let anyone arm themselves at all.

wrong again....statistics show that cities that allow open carry of fire arms have LESS crime...why?...because the "bad guys" like too feed upon the weak and meek....people like you, who want to hide in a closet and hope the cops make it before the bad guy gets you instead of fighting for yourself...see gun laws don't stop bad guys from getting guns because they are never legally obtained.

I look at how Hitler made strict gun laws to disarm the Jews before he started wiping them out...Stalin & Pol Pot did the same thing before their genocidal killing sprees....and the head general of the Japanese military was asked why he didn't invade America when he crippled it's defenses at Pearl Harbor and he said "because all it's citizens are armed!"....that would be the militia our forefathers had in mind when they made the 2nd amendment so that we may guard ourselves from tyranny...whether it be a foreign army or our own government.

now if that sounds dumb to you...then it's just you...believe me.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Nope just enough common sense that to let the general public access to firearms is a really dumb idea. There is plenty of statistics and figures and atrocious shootings to clearly prove that point. There is no reason to let anyone arm themselves at all.

wrong again....statistics show that cities that allow open carry of fire arms have LESS crime...why?...because the "bad guys" like too feed upon the weak and meek....people like you, who want to hide in a closet and hope the cops make it before the bad guy gets you instead of fighting for yourself...see gun laws don't stop bad guys from getting guns because they are never legally obtained.

I look at how Hitler made strict gun laws to disarm the Jews before he started wiping them out...Stalin & Pol Pot did the same thing before their genocidal killing sprees....and the head general of the Japanese military was asked why he didn't invade America when he crippled it's defenses at Pearl Harbor and he said "because all it's citizens are armed!"....that would be the militia our forefathers had in mind when they made the 2nd amendment so that we may guard ourselves from tyranny...whether it be a foreign army or our own government.

now if that sounds dumb to you...then it's just you...believe me.

I'm with you Crazy. As a responsible gun owner myself, I agree with you're post a million percent.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Guns are fuckin stupid. Name one reason why anyone needs one? Hunters and the army. That's it. If they didn't make em, people wouldn't be able to buy em. So no gun violence.

The cops wouldn't need em if the criminals couldn't get hold of em.

Responsible gun holder? Is there such a thing? If someone slept with your wife, you walk in and catch her blowing him off, you're telling me you wouldn't reach for it if it was there? Course you would.
    ~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    Jesus, somone posts something funny and all hell breaks loose. I know ed was all deep and serious back in the day, but you don't have to copy his whole fuckin persona by finding nothing funny. Chill the fuck out. He seems to have.

Oh, and while i'm here 'just breathe' is utter utter shit.

Amen to both.

jeeze didnt mean to spark off such a firestorm.

next time i have a joke il keep it to myself :roll:
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • thefin190 wrote:
    I was pretty into Nirvana during my middle school years, right around the time You Know You're Right came out. After hearing Pearl Jam and other music, I realized how simple Nirvana was. My best guess is that using the unplugged record and the hiring of Pat Smear as any indicator, his music would probably started getting more rhythmically difficult. Nirvana probably would've broken up sooner or later, probably around the same time as Soundgarden, and I could see Kurt possibly pulling an Eddie Vedder and start contributing to movie soundtracks and doing solo acoustic work. Dave Grohl would still do Foo Fighters but the timeline for that band would probably be pushed back a few years.

As for the whole conspiracy theory thing, there is so much evidence that is very hard to ignore when looking at this case, but at the same time, Courtney Love is a complete whacko, so its hard to believe that she conducted this mastermind scheme and has yet to be charged for it. Of course, the financial incentives for offing Kurt were clearly evident, probably better than any sort of child support/alimony she would've gotten. But its all in the past. As fans of Nirvana, we just have to move on and accept that Kurt Cobain is dead and hope that there will be another one of him that will set the trends for the 10s, hopefully so we can get away from this electronic/80s sounding alternative and/or nickelback sounding bands that clog the airwaves.

One last thing I do have to say is that a duet between Kurt and Eddie doing "Off He Goes" would just be absolutely brilliant. Maybe one day when Eddie passes they will be able to do one up in heaven.
    fuckin great could not have said it better myself
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--May 30, 2006
    Verizon Center-Washington, DC--June 22, 2008
    Lyric Opera House-Baltimore, MD--June 14, 2009(Eddie Vedder Solo)
    Wachovia Spectrum-Philadelphia, PA--Oct 31, 2009

I Only Own My Mind...
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    My thoughts are that this is one of the dumbest threads to ever be posted. And I also think your "friend" is a jackass.
This discussion has been closed.