If Cobain...

jets521jets521 Posts: 804
edited January 2010 in The Porch
my friend told me...

"if kurt cobain was reincarnated, he would blow his head off again when he heard "The Fixer" :lol:

thoughts?
Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    :roll:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I lol'd
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    jets521 wrote:
    my friend told me...

"if kurt cobain was reincarnated, he would blow his head off again when he heard "The Fixer" :lol:

thoughts?

and what, ya think if Cobain was alive today he'd be making the same tunes he did in the early 90's??

Things change....let it go
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    jets521 wrote:
    my friend told me...

thoughts?

let what go? i just posted it cause i thought it was funny when he said it and i figured some people here would as well.
    I lol'd
  • thoughts?.......i think your friend is a dick........there is nothing funny about suicide.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    Just sayin, alot of people are stuck in a time that dont exist anymore.
  • bry321f11bry321f11 Posts: 326
    haha..That is pretty funny....But like someone has all ready said, over time people change and no one's music is going to stay the same. The fact that Ten and Backspacer are soooooo different yet each are really enjoyable is a credit to the greatest band on earth. We should just be so really greatful that they are still going strong, still touring with as much energy as they do, and still extreamly loyal to their fan base. Their the greatest band ever with the greatest fans ever.
  • No offense, but some people here need to lighten up a little bit
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I think if Kurt was re-incarnated, the Fixer would be the least of his worries. He'd be appalled at all the other shitty rock bands that came out after his death.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    If he was alive. Nirvana would have probably recorded the foo fighters song Big Me.
  • really lame and should at least be moved to 'other music'...........
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • I think if Kurt was re-incarnated, the Fixer would be the least of his worries. He'd be appalled at all the other shitty rock bands that came out after his death.

agreed... plus i dont think nivarna would still be a band after all this time.if he had not killed himself
  • Bullshit. If Cobain was still alive he'd be on tour with Pearl Jam. Lets not forget that Nirvana never sold out arenas and they only had 2 number one albums and neither of those have sold more than Pearl Jam's 6 number one albums and, even today, Nevermind hasnt outsold Ten. I am absolutely certain that we would have gotten tired of Kurt's 3 chords and his constant fucking whining. We all grow up.....unless we kill ourselves first.
    Toledo '96, Cleveland '98, Columbus '00, Cleveland '03, Toledo '04
    Washington D.C. '04, London '05,Hamilton '05,Grand Rapids '06,
    Cleveland '06, Detroit '06,Pittsburgh '06,Cincinnati '06,Chicago '07
    NYC '08, NYC '08, Chicago '09, Chicago '09, ACL '09, Columbus 2010, Noblesville 2010, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010.
    No offense, but some people here need to lighten up a little bit
  • jets521 wrote:
    my friend told me...

thoughts?

you are dumb.

i wonder what his music style would be if he was still around.
    Although he'd probably be too busy with his crazy wife and rehab
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
    not sure what makes me "dumb" about this thread.

PJ fans piss me off . it was meant as a joke...obviously .....but some people get their panties all in a bunch anytime something negative/touchy about pearl jam comes up. give me a break :lol:
  • jets521 wrote:

PJ fans piss me off . it was meant as a joke...obviously .....but some people get their panties all in a bunch anytime something negative/touchy about pearl jam comes up. give me a break :lol:

i was joking because everyone else was pissed off.

But you just didn't understand...
    Shows:
  • jets521 wrote:

i read it as you state...was never a huge nivarna fan .. some topics in here need to be lighter sometimes the passion gets in the way.
    oh im sorry PJkidd i did misunderstand. :?

but my comments were also aimed at some of the earlier replies as well
  • jets521 wrote:
    oh sorry man i did misunderstand. :?

but my comments were also aimed at some of the earlier replies as well

girl*

Hahah okay.

And as a Nirvana fan I don't think Cobain would shoot himself for The Fixer, but he might for the fact that Target is sponsoring PJ lol :?
    Shows:
  • No offense, but some people here need to lighten up a little bit
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    jets521 wrote:
    my friend told me...

thoughts?

You may have a point, but I'm not 100% sold it was a suicide.

http://www.cobaincase.com/

" My name is Tom Grant. I'm a California state licensed private investigator and former detective with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. On April 3, 1994, I was hired by Courtney Love, (who was in Los Angeles at the time), to locate her husband after he left a drug rehab center in Marina Del Rey, California. Ms. Love stayed in Los Angeles while I flew to Seattle to search for Cobain with his best friend Dylan Carlson. In fact, Carlson and I had been in the Cobain residence the night before Kurt's body was discovered in the room above the garage.

The police immediately concluded "suicide." I wasn't so sure. Neither was Rosemary Carroll, Courtney Love's own entertainment attorney. Ms. Carroll was also a close friend to both Courtney and Kurt.

Something was wrong here... terribly wrong.

After several months of intensive investigation, including dozens of taped interviews with Cobain's closest friends and family members, I reached the conclusion that Courtney Love and Michael Dewitt, (the male nanny who lived at the Cobain residence), were involved in a conspiracy that resulted in the murder of Kurt Cobain.

It appears this was not the first attempt on Cobain's life by Courtney Love. It was obviously, however, the first to succeed.

In December of 1994, I began speaking publicly about the suspicious circumstances surrounding Cobain's death. Attempts to inform the public about this case have been met with physical threats as well as threats of legal action against anyone in the media who "gives Tom Grant a platform."

Motivated by profit rather truth, Courtney Love and her attorneys have taken drastic measures in an effort to keep the public from learning the true facts of this case. In spite of all the hot air, this investigation has received coverage in hundreds of major magazines, television and radio talk shows around the world.

As I predicted when I first began speaking out, no legal action has been taken against myself or anyone in the media who have covered this story.

The pathetic cowards of this world can only blow smoke. Once they've been exposed, they run and hide

The events surrounding the death of Kurt Cobain are filled with lies, contradictions in logic, and countless inconsistencies.

Here is just some of...
    WHAT YOU WERE NEVER TOLD:

COURTNEY LOVE WAS FACING A DIVORCE
    Kurt was in the process of leaving Seattle and his wife Courtney, when he was found dead.

Courtney knew Kurt wanted out of the marriage. Just weeks prior to his death, she asked one of her attorneys to get the "meanest, most vicious divorce lawyer" she could find.

NO LEGIBLE PRINTS ON THE SHOTGUN!
    The police reports also indicated the shotgun had been sent to the crime lab to be checked for fingerprints. The Fingerprint Analysis Report for the shotgun reads: " The above item was processed for prints on 05/06/94 by Sr. ID Technician T. Geranimo, #4466. Four cards of latent prints were lifted. The four cards of lifted latent prints contain no legible prints."

So the shotgun wasn't even checked for prints until nearly one month after Cobain's body was found!

I have to wonder how Kurt could have handled this shotgun before he left for rehab and after he returned to the house without ever leaving any legible finger prints. "
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Haha oh boy..

I think Frances killed kurt!!
    CJMST3K wrote:
    jets521 wrote:
    my friend told me...

thoughts?

You may have a point, but I'm not 100% sold it was a suicide.

http://www.cobaincase.com/

" My name is Tom Grant. I'm a California state licensed private investigator and former detective with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. On April 3, 1994, I was hired by Courtney Love, (who was in Los Angeles at the time), to locate her husband after he left a drug rehab center in Marina Del Rey, California. Ms. Love stayed in Los Angeles while I flew to Seattle to search for Cobain with his best friend Dylan Carlson. In fact, Carlson and I had been in the Cobain residence the night before Kurt's body was discovered in the room above the garage.

The police immediately concluded "suicide." I wasn't so sure. Neither was Rosemary Carroll, Courtney Love's own entertainment attorney. Ms. Carroll was also a close friend to both Courtney and Kurt.

Something was wrong here... terribly wrong.

After several months of intensive investigation, including dozens of taped interviews with Cobain's closest friends and family members, I reached the conclusion that Courtney Love and Michael Dewitt, (the male nanny who lived at the Cobain residence), were involved in a conspiracy that resulted in the murder of Kurt Cobain.

It appears this was not the first attempt on Cobain's life by Courtney Love. It was obviously, however, the first to succeed.

In December of 1994, I began speaking publicly about the suspicious circumstances surrounding Cobain's death. Attempts to inform the public about this case have been met with physical threats as well as threats of legal action against anyone in the media who "gives Tom Grant a platform."

Motivated by profit rather truth, Courtney Love and her attorneys have taken drastic measures in an effort to keep the public from learning the true facts of this case. In spite of all the hot air, this investigation has received coverage in hundreds of major magazines, television and radio talk shows around the world.

As I predicted when I first began speaking out, no legal action has been taken against myself or anyone in the media who have covered this story.

The pathetic cowards of this world can only blow smoke. Once they've been exposed, they run and hide

The events surrounding the death of Kurt Cobain are filled with lies, contradictions in logic, and countless inconsistencies.

Here is just some of...
    WHAT YOU WERE NEVER TOLD:

COURTNEY LOVE WAS FACING A DIVORCE
    Kurt was in the process of leaving Seattle and his wife Courtney, when he was found dead.

Courtney knew Kurt wanted out of the marriage. Just weeks prior to his death, she asked one of her attorneys to get the "meanest, most vicious divorce lawyer" she could find.

NO LEGIBLE PRINTS ON THE SHOTGUN!
    The police reports also indicated the shotgun had been sent to the crime lab to be checked for fingerprints. The Fingerprint Analysis Report for the shotgun reads: " The above item was processed for prints on 05/06/94 by Sr. ID Technician T. Geranimo, #4466. Four cards of latent prints were lifted. The four cards of lifted latent prints contain no legible prints."

So the shotgun wasn't even checked for prints until nearly one month after Cobain's body was found!

I have to wonder how Kurt could have handled this shotgun before he left for rehab and after he returned to the house without ever leaving any legible finger prints. "
    Shows:
  • I agree with the earlier poster. Kurt would have way more on his plate than to worry about the Fixer. Id like to think he would have cleaned himself up, made 2 or 3 more Nirvana records, did a side project, an acoustic tour with Eddie or perhaps Michael Stipe and be more concerned with raising his daughter.

This thread makes me sad because it was such a wasted talent. Recently I've been thinking a lot about Kurt and the aftermath with the legal battles, the Foo Fighters and what could have been.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist on many things. But this one has more evidence for foul play than the JFK assassination.
    Haha oh boy..

I think Frances killed kurt!!

...and since you brought up Frances:

http://www.popeater.com/2010/01/14/cour ... an-cobain/

"Last month, Love lost custody of Frances, who sought and won a restraining order against her mother."

Courtney is an unstable person, and I wouldn't be surprised if she had something to do with Cobain's death.
  • CJMST3K wrote:

"Last month, Love lost custody of Frances, who sought and won a restraining order against her mother."

Courtney is an unstable person, and I wouldn't be surprised if she had something to do with Cobain's death.

Yeah she is unstable mother. But I don't buy into all the conspiracy theories that he was murdered, he pretty much died of his disease.
    Shows:
  • and if my grandmother has balls,i would call her grandfather...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    That's beautiful dimitris...what poem is that from? Is it James Joyce or Shakespeare?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    That's beautiful dimitris...what poem is that from? Is it James Joyce or Shakespeare?
    is an expression we use in Greece for big words,for ecable when politics talk to people...
    so its from the public the source, :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    CJMST3K wrote:

Yeah she is unstable mother. But I don't buy into all the conspiracy theories that he was murdered, he pretty much died of his disease.

I'm not saying he didn't kill himself, nor that he may have OD'd if he wasn't shot. ...but there was a film about this whole thing that interviewed a bunch of people. If I recall correctly, one guy was interviewed and said was implicating Courtney directly in his death, and then mid-filming HE turns up dead. ...coincidences like that is pretty sketchy.

I am on the fence, but that film (assuming the people interviewed weren't lying) was pretty interesting.
This discussion has been closed.