10C PLEASE PUT A STOP TO THE SPECULATION

veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
edited January 2010 in The Porch
This is a plea to all the wonderful staff at 10C to finally put an end to the continuous speculation about tour dates in 2010. Many of us have made plans around the existing tour dates and would love to know what is going on for future dates so we can plan holidays around famillies, employers, etc and give us an idea how this anniversary year will affect our finances. PJ is our religion and watching all the daily comments around Europe and the US shows me how much this band means to so many people. Please get your act together soon and let the Euro fans know if we are planning for more dates and let the US fans know when or if they will get their fix for 2010. This is an important year for so many and personally getting to see my first shows has become the be all and end all for this year. We PJ fans as a whole have pumped so much financially into this band over the last 20 years and continue to do so (my own personal total is at least £6000 and I'm sure others have contributed so much more). Look around the board and see how much time has been put in by the members on here and reward them with some knowledge please. If you are trying to plan your 2010 holidays around PJ as I and so many others obviously are please add your weight to this and make your own comments. It's only fair we all get our say and so many areas of the world are due a visit. We put PJ where they are today and we all deserve to be a part of the 20th anniversary year. Speak up and be a part of a glorious era. Pearl Jam are an amazing band, a lifestyle for some and without us they'd just be unemployed musicians. We owe nothing. If your town or city are due respect say it. You've bought the albums, seen the shows, endured the disappointments, now speak your mind. I love Pearl Jam to death and to seem critical may be offensive to some but I've never put so much money into one band in my life and ain't ready to stop but the fans need to know. Love to PJ and all fans, peace :D
Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Never gonna happen. If 10club "the business" wasnt associated with PJ they would have gone broke years ago. The way that this business is ran is a joke. Promises are not fulfilled, questions are not answered, if products and tours are scheduled for release and announcements, its after we have heard about them from numerous other sources. The only reason people stick up for 10club around here is because they are under the crazed notion that the band will reward you with something because you put up with the fan club. Sorry PJ but the people behind your fanclub are not up to business par.

Truth hurts.
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    edited January 2010
    ofthegirl99 - so everytime i get the single, deep, and fan tickets and i'm smiling and happy and post a thank you to ten club YOU think i'm kissing ass?
    Post edited by blondieblue227 on
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Never gonna happen. If 10club "the business" wasnt associated with PJ they would have gone broke years ago. The way that this business is ran is a joke. Promises are not fulfilled, questions are not answered, if products and tours are scheduled for release and announcements, its after we have heard about them from numerous other sources. The only reason people stick up for 10club around here is because they are under the crazed notion that the band will reward you with something because you put up with the fan club. Sorry PJ but the people behind your fanclub are not up to business par.

Truth hurts.

I guess your right and despite what they say the people don't actually have the power. The Southern states are shouting for a tour/a few dates but why should they get it? Being a 10c member has never got me all the tickets I wanted and it won't get them much either. I've got my tickets for 2010 but I've been left behind before and nobody wants to tell the US to at least start saving for their tour. PJ are happy enough to tell the young generation who to vote for but not to give them a return for their efforts. Shame :(

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    ofthegirl99 - so everytime i get the single, deep, and fan tickets and i'm smiling and happy and post a thank you to ten club YOU think i'm kissing ass?

You're only kissing ass if you post a thank you. What the fuck do you have to thank anyone for? I'm not complaining for me cos I've got my tour sorted. If you want to pay your fees each year for a 7", a magazine that might arrive and a ticket that should be greatly discounted as a fan but so far for me has cost a fortune. (by the way you can buy hard rock calling festival tickets cheaper than 10C). I don't know what fans expect anymore but I've paid my dues over and over and ain't made of money. I'm so fed up of people sucking up to the band, $30 for a poster from a gig that you read about down under three days later is some kind of bargain, Fuck off! I absolutely love PJ but I ain't a fucking mug. People are so fickle about PJ. I respect your opinion but if you fail to see where you're getting ripped off...........

• i bet they play dublin
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i bet they play dublin
    lol
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• jecicajecica Posts: 954
    veddertown wrote:

You're only kissing ass if you post a thank you. What the fuck do you have to thank anyone for? I'm not complaining for me cos I've got my tour sorted. If you want to pay your fees each year for a 7", a magazine that might arrive and a ticket that should be greatly discounted as a fan but so far for me has cost a fortune. (by the way you can buy hard rock calling festival tickets cheaper than 10C). I don't know what fans expect anymore but I've paid my dues over and over and ain't made of money. I'm so fed up of people sucking up to the band, $30 for a poster from a gig that you read about down under three days later is some kind of bargain, Fuck off! I absolutely love PJ but I ain't a fucking mug. People are so fickle about PJ. I respect your opinion but if you fail to see where you're getting ripped off...........

you know I don't feel ripped off from the 10C. I joined the Prince Lotusflow3r site. I paid $77 and all I have received in the past year was 2 mp3s, a t-shirt and the opportunity to get a ticket to his appearance on Leno. His concert tickets are on average $125. I feel ripped off there, but I am still going to renew in March. Why, cause I still hope that maybe one day I may receive a unreleased track or if he ever tours regularly again, decent seats. So $25 doesn't seem so bad for what we get. Besides all the people I have met and continue to meet makes the $$ seem irrelevant.
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
    veddertown wrote:

don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. if you are that unhappy than don't renew. it's so easy even a caveman can do it.

:wave:

door is that way :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

• honestly? i could be wrong, but isn't the membership here $15 or $20 per year? check the fan club costs of EVERY other major band in the world, and get back to me. getting ripped off? if you can't swing the $20 ANNUALLY, then whether or not the fan club staffers are competent is really not your biggest problem.

get a grip
  • gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,562
    veddertown wrote:

are you a female? if so, i love you!
    honestly? i could be wrong, but isn't the membership here $15 or $20 per year? check the fan club costs of EVERY other major band in the world, and get back to me. getting ripped off? if you can't swing the $20 ANNUALLY, then whether or not the fan club staffers are competent is really not your biggest problem.

get a grip
    muses fan club rips me off so badly...oh wait! i get a christmas present and early access to tickets for FREE! and i hate to admit but they are bigger than pj
  • how ridiculous. I've posted this in other threads, but here goes again. I live in Canada, so the 10C tickets mean nothing to me (since they play here once a frickin' decade), and I STILL feel as though I'm getting a fantastic deal. A cool magazine, a Christmas vinyl for free, 10C-only deals. $20 CDN.

If you think that's a ripoff, then you can suck it. Don't renew. It's that goddamn simple.

Some of you people think PJ and/or the 10C owe you something for being a fan of the band for x amount of years. Screw off. You're a fan of the band because you get something out of it. No one owes you shit.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    how ridiculous. I've posted this in other threads, but here goes again. I live in Canada, so the 10C tickets mean nothing to me (since they play here once a frickin' decade), and I STILL feel as though I'm getting a fantastic deal. A cool magazine, a Christmas vinyl for free, 10C-only deals. $20 CDN.

If you think that's a ripoff, then you can suck it. Don't renew. It's that goddamn simple.

Some of you people think PJ and/or the 10C owe you something for being a fan of the band for x amount of years. Screw off. You're a fan of the band because you get something out of it. No one owes you shit.
    +1

• Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    From what I can gather, the band try to keep everything small and in house. For the money it costs, 10c do a fine job. They could always do better, but they could also do a whole lot worse. I'm no suck up, but I'm happy with what I get for the money. Everything I've ever ordered has arrived and I've scored some awesome 'specials'.

If it were not for 10c I'd never have seen LA3 or LA4 at cost price. I'd have had to shop on the aftermarket (like I did for Springsteen Wreckingball tickets at Giants) and only god knows wht tickets would have been worth then. If there is a MSG show in May, I know I've got a very good chance of seeing the band while I'm over there in better seats that would otherwise have been possible at face value.

Back to the OP, yes, I'd love a statement on a US tour, but that's the band's business and they'll announce when it suits THEM, not US.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    For the $$~Price~$$...I think that they DO a Fair Job! :)...Fan Club ONLY Single and DEEP Magazine!...and I wouldn't of Got "FRONT ROW" Seats 2 out of 3 Shows without the '10C'...The other Show was about 3rd row...:)
  • Yes WayYes Way Posts: 453
    In 1998 I settled a long-standing lawsuit (one that PJ's music helped me get through) and decided to drive to the East Coast and see a bunch of shows. Without having the privilege of getting 10C tickets for more than one show, we were at the mercy of scalpers. And the prices sucked, but I needed the healing that a show can bring.

If they didn't tour for 10 years, or send me anything, I would still be a member just for the opportunity to get tickets for sure for as many shows as I want. Things are different now certainly, but if I wasn't in the 10C would I have seen them at a small theater in Portland? I agree with the person that said that this band doesn't owe us any more than we've already gotten from them. If our passion for their music is someday outweighed by how frustrated we are with their mismanagement, then we will be justified going elsewhere. But until then, this is the band we love and we have to take them for what they are. They are more than just their collection of songs and live performance. Just like you and me, they have flaws. It's life.

And I'll speak for many of us here. If you are really upset, leave. That just gets us a couple seats closer to the stage.
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
    Oh, and when the 10C screwed up my seats for one of the Seattle shows they promptly handled my question and gave me my choice of two free Backspacers or two free downloads of the show and renewed my membership for another year. They're fine.
    Apr 07, 1994/Oct 01, 1996/Jul 07, 1998/Jul 08, 1998/Aug 29, 1998/Aug 31, 1998/Sep 01, 1998/Sep 03, 1998/Sep 04, 1998/Sep 06, 1998/Jun 01, 2000/Jun 04, 2000/Jun 06, 2000/Oct 20, 2000/Oct 21, 2000/Oct 22, 2000/Oct 24, 2000/Oct 25, 2000/Oct 20, 2001/Oct 21, 2001/May 30, 2003/Jun 01, 2003/Jun 02, 2003/Jun 28, 2003/Jul 02, 2003/Oct 25, 2003/Jul 15, 2006/Jul 16, 2006/Jul 18, 2006/Jul 20, 2006/Jul 22, 2006/Jul 23, 2006/Sep 21, 2009/Sep 22, 2009/Sep 26, 2009/Sep 25, 2011
  • NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    this society we live in, everything is now now now. text messages, email, everything. so much frustration, so little patience. we just gotta have it now, don't we. society, crazy indeed.
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
    this society we live in, everything is now now now. text messages, email, everything. so much frustration, so little patience. we just gotta have it now, don't we. society, crazy indeed.

Thanks for reminding me. I think this video is pretty fitting:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN0MpBQG3-E
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    I still don't understand why most contests are USA only

why shipping is often free in the USA and a fortune elsewhere

why products have to be ordered seperately these days etc

But my guess is these things may well have nothing to do with tenclub

the critism I may agree with is that they are often slow with news, but again I also doubt that this is their fault. They wil be told when to break news, and if info is leaked elsewhere ahead of schedule we can't hold tenc responsible.

Anyway - muse bigger than pj? Really???! That latest album was bordering on terrible. Man it's so shit I want to throw it out my car window
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    Yes Way wrote:
    If you are really upset, leave. That just gets us a couple seats closer to the stage.

Or DOES it?! :lol:

seriously, does it?! :?
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    I hope they don;t play for three years.
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    I still don't understand why most contests are USA only

why shipping is often free in the USA and a fortune elsewhere

why products have to be ordered seperately these days etc

But my guess is these things may well have nothing to do with tenclub

the critism I may agree with is that they are often slow with news, but again I also doubt that this is their fault. They wil be told when to break news, and if info is leaked elsewhere ahead of schedule we can't hold tenc responsible.

Anyway - muse bigger than pj? Really???! That latest album was bordering on terrible. Man it's so shit I want to throw it out my car window

I have to agree with you that the new muse album sucks!!! :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • im a fan of this band and this never gonna change,im a 10c member becouse i feel i belong to be a member on pearl jam fan club,i would pay for membership even i didnt get fan club tickets-deep-or single..
    when u love something so much u dont put rules to this feeling..couse one person that work in 10c office dont answer a mail,or your tickets are not so good seats..and the best of all be a member on this community is that u meet all this passion for music, people tour with them,and make friends for life,and this i think if i live 10,000 years more and pay every year a membership,still i could never pay them back....

as for the tour info,i know is better to have them all together as im a person that have to travel to see them,and not wait to come to my town...i think a few hours after the europe tour announcement i mail 10c about to ask ,if this all,we will have more and stuff.for program my trip .they answer me to look in the website and when they have news they will give us the info...and after some days and after TBD anouncement i got a second mail at sunday 18:00 seatlle time,to inform me that 3 more dates added(TBD-poland -nijmegen-polans-bilbao) just incase i didnt see the announcement....they do their best,and they do mistakes too,everybody who works do mistakes,is normal..
    can u imagine your self working in 10c and have to deal with all the crazy fuckers questions,demands every second..??
    so thank u 10c for all u doing for the fans,ofcourse u can do more,can do better prices on shipping,or give us tour dates in a better way,earlier ,to answer with more details-info in our mails.to print more posters or shirts in tour,if someone cant come to a show and already buy 10c tix to have the chance to transfer to another 10c member.... BUT IM SURE U TRYING,U WORK HARD....
    and that make me respect u more EVERY DAY...
    time to put Binaural for listen
    Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    if you dont like being in the fan club, drop out, that will make it easier for people like me with high numbers to get better seats!!

Pearl Jam 10c members get the best seats in the house for FACE VALUE!! Stop whining people, this alone is worth the fan club price.
  • phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    Muse? :wtf: Who are they? I'm guessing that they're some kind of band? or is it a new hair product?
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited January 2010
    Never gonna happen. If 10club "the business" wasnt associated with PJ they would have gone broke years ago. The way that this business is ran is a joke. Promises are not fulfilled, questions are not answered, if products and tours are scheduled for release and announcements, its after we have heard about them from numerous other sources. The only reason people stick up for 10club around here is because they are under the crazed notion that the band will reward you with something because you put up with the fan club. Sorry PJ but the people behind your fanclub are not up to business par.

Truth hurts.
    100% agree with this. While I think the $20 tag is worth it, the ass-kissers happen to close their eyes when the time is appropriate.

When 10C promises something and doesn't come through - hardly professional.

When they keep show info from us, to the point of telling us after it's been released through other channels - again, completely unprofessional, and not what the fan club deserves.

When the mods come on here to lock threads, yet avoid answering simple questions - they're basically just "working for the man", and not helping the fans out. We're real people here, mods, not children that need to be disciplined. Yet, you do it over and over.

How about that t-shirt contest that Chiqui won? Fantastic design yet 10C won't give her any info on whether they will ever actually make a t-shirt out of it, or if she can have rights over the design back. Were the rules to that contest really that they'd take sole ownership over the winning design? Only to never do anything with it, and leave the designer hanging? That's not right, nor professional.

How about news about a show in China? News has gotten out that PJ may perform, yet we will ultimately find out from some other source. In other words 10C is not doing their job of keeping this a true "fan club" by keeping fans in the know about the band. If this is a true fan club, we would hear about the band and what it's up to. But we don't, in fact, we're the last to know.

Wake up people...because this is what's going on, and you're blindly falling for it. 10C feels the need to keep tight control over everything. Is it working? Absolutely not. We're not that dumb, we find out through other sources like I already mentioned. And then when someone finds something out, they try to maintain control by locking rumored threads or deleting and/or censoring altogether.

What could 10C do? Communicate. They could actually talk to us rather than us complaining all the time. But they'll never do that, it seems. That's the simple solution here.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • did someone say muse is bigger than pj wow u really have read to much rollin stone mag
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    jw185687 wrote:
    did someone say muse is bigger than pj wow u really have read to much rollin stone mag

I saw Muse open up for U2 twice at Giants Stadium. It was basically an incredible wall of unintelligible noise, it gave me a headache more then anything else. I was happy when their set was over !!!
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I've NEVER even heard of 'Muse'... :?