The one song you SKIP on each album?

Comments

• SOLAT319 wrote:
    Alright, whatever, here's my list:

Ten: A BIG FAT NUTHIN'!
    Vs: Small Town (not always)
    Vitalogy (AKA GORGEOUS BEAST): ANOTHER BIG FAT NUTHIN' !!!
    No Code: A BIG FAT NUTHIN' (oh wait! It's actually Mankind :twisted: )
    Yield: Wishlist
    Binaural: Thin Air
    Riot Act: (AKA Little brother of GORGEOUS BEAST): A BIG FAT NUTHIN'!
    S/T: Army Reserve
    Backspacer: Speed of Sound (I'll repeat what many before me have said: Shuda stuck with the demo version)

HOLY FUCK BATMAN!!!! Wishlist? THIN AIR?!?!!?! ARMY RESERVE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :o :shock: :o :shock:

quick...find this woman a donor brain STAT!!!!...she has obviously lost her old one!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • SOLAT319 wrote:

Binaural: Thin Air

S/T: Army Reserve
    :o:o:o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: shoot her!!!!!!!!!!..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Ten - Jeremy
    Vs. Elderly Woman
    Vitalogy - Better Man
    No Code - Habit
    Yield - Push Me, Pull Me
    Binaural- Sleight of Hand
    Riot Act - Bushleaguer
    Pearl Jam - Big Wave
    Backspacer - Speed of Sound.
    NERDS!
  • Binaural- Sleight of Hand

have i crossed over into the twilight zone? WTF is going on around here?! WTF is wrong with people?!?!
    :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

have i crossed over into the twilight zone? WTF is going on around here?! WTF is wrong with people?!?!
    It's too moody and prodding IMO. Plus it's not like I can skip grievance or Light Years or Parting ways or anything. ;)
    NERDS!

:shock: CALL THE POLICE..!!!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

no no no...we deal with this one in our own way ....know i'm say'n D?!! ;):mrgreen:

no no no...we deal with this one in our own way ....know i'm say'n D?!! ;):mrgreen:
    I KNOW,,,MAKE IT LOOK LIKE ACCIDENT.... :mrgreen:;)
  • Ten - Deep
    Vs - Glorfied G
    Vitalogy - pry to
    No Code - off he goes (not always but often, i find it a little too long)
    Yield - untitled
    Binaural - Sorry D - Sleight of Hand
    Riot Act - Don't think i skip any on this one.
    Avacado - Unemplyable
    Backspacer - Speed of Sound / Force of Nature
  • Binaural - Sorry D - Sleight of Hand
    no orgy for u :lol::lol::lol:
  • I KNOW,,,MAKE IT LOOK LIKE ACCIDENT.... :mrgreen:;)

you got it brother! :mrgreen:
    no orgy for u :lol::lol::lol:

that's prob not the first time he's heard that! :lol::lol:
    no orgy for u

that's prob not the first time he's heard that! :lol::lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • ten - jeremy
    vs - daughter
    vitalogy - betterman
    no code - none of it
    yield - none of it
    binaural - none of it
    riot act - none of it, but the humming in 'thumbing my way' where he couldnt be arsed to write another line sucks
    pearl jam - none of it
    backspacer - most of it
    ~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
  • mrshock13mrshock13 Posts: 472
    Binaural- Sleight of Hand

It's too moody and prodding IMO. Plus it's not like I can skip grievance or Light Years or Parting ways or anything. ;)

The only thing you should be skipping on Binaural is MAYBE Evacuation, and MAYBE the gap between parting ways and writer's block. That's just my opinion...

I must say, though, sometimes I listen to the gap between parting ways and writer's block...
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    demetrios wrote:
    'come back' from the self titled record

cower.gif
    D!!!!!?
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Weedman from Boston and The Greek:
    Calm the fuck down, what I skip don't concern you two. What are you, the pearljam police?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • riot act - none of it, but the humming in 'thumbing my way' where he couldnt be arsed to write another line sucks

Totally agree with you on this one. That song is definitely a bit dull for me. And Off He Goes is one of my Top 10, so it's not that I'm opposed to this type of song either.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited January 2010
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    9 - Just Breathe, The End, Supersonic, Gonna See My Friend, Speed of Sound are all skipped on Backspacer. Am I the only one who thinks Backspacer kinda sucks?

No, you have friends here... trust me. We are not alone. We're just not as loud as the "OMG, Just Breath is the best song EVER" crowd.

Personally, I don't skip anything off the first two albums - I love the lot. After that it gets murky though... I sometimes Skip The Black Circle (I'm not counting Bugs and the other non-songs from Vitalogy, or Red Dot from Yield), Low Light, Evacuation, Nothing As It Seems, Sleight of Hand, Parting Ways, Cropduster, Get Right, Help Help, Bushleager, Unemployable, Big Wave, Gone, Inside Job, and most of Backspacer.

I usually like to listen to the albums in their entirety and not skip anything, but if I'm driving in the car and I have my full PJ playlist on, those are the ones I'm most inclined to skip over. Kinda sad that most of my "skip songs" come from the last three albums (though in fairness, some of the other songs on the last three are also among my all-time favorites). It would be personal blasphemy for me to skip anything on Ten or Vs (who the hell is sick of Even Flow, Black and Jeremy? lol), but large chunks of their last three albums tend to gather dust in my mental stereo.

Wtf.. i get the Backspacer thing (its not my go to album either by any stretch of the means) but no love for Low Light, Evacuation, Nothing As It Seems, Sleight of Hand, Parting Ways, Cropduster, Get Right, Help Help, Bushleager, Unemployable, Big Wave, Gone or Inside Job? Are you sure you're a pearl jam fan? :lol: If i didnt like that amount.. i would drop the ten c like a bad habit.. that's a good chunk of songs to not dig.. specially for a band that you have to pay to post on their website...Just saying! That blows my mind...

Tellll meeee what iiii wannna heeeear....
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    Calm the fuck down, what I skip don't concern you two. What are you, the pearljam police?
    i love u too... :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • Ten - Even Flow, Alive

Vs. - Dissident, Elderly Woman

Vitalogy - Nothingman

No Code - (nothing)

Yield - MFC

Binaural - Nothing as it Seems (love the song, I just skip it more than any other track)

Riot Act - 1/2 full

Self-Titled - Big Wave, Gone

Backspacer - Speed of Sound
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Don't roll your eyes at me like that :roll: BWAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • LeatherMandi - best username ever! Genius.
    ~~ 27 years of nothin' but failures and promises that i couldn't keep ~~
  • Ten - Garden. I know, it used to be Evenflow but that song gets better each year for me.

Vs. - RATS

Vitalogy - Bugs

No Code - Smile

Yield - Pilate

Binaural - Evacuation

Riot Act - 1/2 Full

S/T - Unemployable

BS - The Fixer
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • demetrios wrote:
    'come back' from the self titled record

cower.gif
    D!!!!!?

Heh. I thought the Philly 2 show was tailor made just for me when they rocked out on Evacuation, and then aborted Come Back. That's my idea of a good show. :lol:
  • Ten - Deep

Vs. - Glorified G

Vitalogy - Hey foxymopy... is that even considered a song? I think Vitalogy is the album where I skip songs the most: Tremor Christ, Whipping, Bugs, Pry to, Aye Davinita...

No Code - Habit

Yield - Push Me, Pull Me

Binaural - Evacuation

Riot Act - Get right

Self-Titled - Big Wave

Backspacer - Speed of Sound
  • SOLAT319 wrote:

sssmmmuutttcchhhaaacccaaatttaaaaaaaa!!!!!

:roll:
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    Weedman from Boston and The Greek

HOLY FUCK D!!........we just found the name for our movie!!! :lol::lol::lol:

SOLAT319 wrote:

sssmmmuutttcchhhaaacccaaatttaaaaaaaa!!!!!

:roll:

you two play nice and don't fucking make me come in there!!! :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:
  • SB49818 wrote:
    No Code - Smile

Riot Act - 1/2 Full

wow!...not too many people skip smile....don't it make you smile? :mrgreen:

have you ever read the lyrics to 1/2 full? it's a great fucking song IMO! 8-)
  • SB49818 wrote:
    No Code - Smile

Riot Act - 1/2 Full

wow!...not too many people skip smile....don't it make you smile? :mrgreen:

have you ever read the lyrics to 1/2 full? it's a great fucking song IMO! 8-)
    + 1 amazing song!!