Leno going back to Tonight Show

123457»

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    It is beyond fucking ridiculous...

Alex Rodriguez signs a $250 million dollar contract??? So he can take steroids and hit a fucking baseball???
    Conan gets $45 million to go fuck himself???
    Letterman signs for what??? $20 million a fucking year?????

And yet our government can only afford (basically print some more money) $100 million (money we dont have) to help out 9 MILLION PEOPLE???

What the fuck???
    Priorities???

And human beings are considered the most intelligent life-form??? hehehehehe

Its nothing but pure insanity......right???

If people keep watching, going to the games, consuming the products that are being advertised ... it will always be like this.

Welcome to the machine.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635

Alex Rodriguez signs a $250 million dollar contract??? So he can take steroids and hit a fucking baseball???

And yet our government can only afford (basically print some more money) $100 million (money we dont have) to help out 9 MILLION PEOPLE???

What the fuck???
    Priorities???

and not to mention "movie stars" who are paid incomprehensible sums of money
    to pretend they are someone else when people are literally starving.

what the fuck indeed.

i hope Conan enjoys his retirement.
    Nice shirt.
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Speedy, you and I are just gonna have to go rough up some people up until all is right in the world.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,817
    The rumors are not true. I will not be the new host of "The Tonight Show. I wish Conan well.
    I miss igotid88
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    So what happens if in three months or three years or sometime in the near future, Jay (pushing 60 I believe) has a stroke or heart attack and dies or is unable to do the show? Is it possible that Jimmy Fallon could be the host of the Tonight Show? I think NBC should just cancel it rather than allow that to happen.
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    milarso wrote:
    So what happens if in three months or three years or sometime in the near future, Jay (pushing 60 I believe) has a stroke or heart attack and dies or is unable to do the show? Is it possible that Jimmy Fallon could be the host of the Tonight Show? I think NBC should just cancel it rather than allow that to happen.
    Somehow I don't think NBC has a game plan for replacing Leno now. This move has cost NBC a pile of $$$$. I wouldn't be surprised that they go outside the network again.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    lukin2006 wrote:
    milarso wrote:
    Somehow I don't think NBC has a game plan for replacing Leno now. This move has cost NBC a pile of $$$$. I wouldn't be surprised that they go outside the network again.

Perhaps- but I wonder if NBC's treatment of this situation is going to turn off the other late night talent on the other networks- ie Jimmy Kimmel and Craig Ferguson.

In other words- "Welcome to the Tonight Show with Carson Daly!"

Or- let's get real crazy- any chance John Stewart or Steven Colbert would leave their unbelievably popular gigs for an iconic show like the Tonight Show?
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    jimed14 wrote:

What the fuck???
    Priorities???

If people keep watching, going to the games, consuming the products that are being advertised ... it will always be like this.

Welcome to the machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCfVFxRsKQc
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,631

What the fuck???
    Priorities???

in case you haven't noticed this whole recession/possibly depression thing we got going on: our government is dead broke.

unfortunately i can't say the same about the yankees and alex rodriguez.
    www.myspace.com