Gay bars

Comments

• the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    went to one unknowingly with a group and took me a second to figure it out...i was focused on ordering a jack and coke...should've picked up on the fact that the bartender was wearing shirtless, wearing tight shorts, and wearing a glo stick on his head. not that there's anything wrong with that.

glo stick. dead give away. :lol:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • went to one unknowingly with a group and took me a second to figure it out...i was focused on ordering a jack and coke...should've picked up on the fact that the bartender was wearing shirtless, wearing tight shorts, and wearing a glo stick on his head. not that there's anything wrong with that.
    There is plenty wrong with that.............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    CJMST3K wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I love how straight men always assume they are attractive enough for every gay man in the vicinity to want to hit on or rape in the toilets!

If I was with a lesbian, I wouldn't assume she'd want to fuck me! I wouldn't think anything at all.

My mates say exactly the same thing though.

My friend and I were talking about this the other night

not a jab, but are you both female?
    I'm a girl, my friend is a guy (a straight guy)
    he's actually the one who brought it up, i thought it was interesting. I've never thought of it that way.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    Having lived in San Francisco for many years, I've been in a LOT of gay bars without being molested, even in the restroom. :lol: Sure, I've been checked out, and even asked, but I've always politely said, "I'm straight" and that was the end of it. Most of the time it never went that far - in my experience most gay men can pretty much tell if you're available or not.
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    edited January 2010
    went to one unknowingly with a group and took me a second to figure it out...i was focused on ordering a jack and coke...should've picked up on the fact that the bartender was wearing shirtless, wearing tight shorts, and wearing a glo stick on his head. not that there's anything wrong with that.

I did something like that once in Greenwich Village NYC. I was thirsty and needed a drink went into this bar I think called The Monster? While walking in had an eerie feeling something was up, all eyes on me kind of thing. Ordered a beer and took a closer look at my surroundings only to notice was nothing but men in there. I did one of those beer flying spills all over the guy next me and shouted "Oh Shit there's nothing but men in here". The place grew quiet, finished my beer and I apologized to the guy with beer all over he replied "it' ok honey, want to help me clean up" I told him thanks but no thanks and hurried out of there.

My brother in law and sister who stayed outside knew it was a gay but said nothing. They wanted to know how I would handle being in there. I've nothing against gay bars or clubs in fact the clubs they Party Hearty with some of the best dance music from top notch dj's.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    haffajappa wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

he's actually the one who brought it up, i thought it was interesting. I've never thought of it that way.

Oh, I meant if you and Ziggy were both girls.

...I think it's a guy thing, is what I'm getting at. :)
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    g under p wrote:
    I've nothing against gay bars or clubs in fact the clubs they Party Hearty with some of the best dance music from top notch dj's.

Peace
    My bar hopping days are pretty much over but I have many gay friends and have been to gay bars though not for several years. I know some straight people who go sometimes for this reason ^^^^. They want a good place to dance and gay bars are usually better places for that.

I'm not sure why there's such a mystique about "what goes on" at a gay bar. They look about the same as a straight bar except the guys are checking out the guys and the gals are checking out the gals.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    g under p wrote:
    I've nothing against gay bars or clubs in fact the clubs they Party Hearty with some of the best dance music from top notch dj's.

Peace
    My bar hopping days are pretty much over but I have many gay friends and have been to gay bars though not for several years. I know some straight people who go sometimes for this reason ^^^^. They want a good place to dance and gay bars are usually better places for that.

I'm not sure why there's such a mystique about "what goes on" at a gay bar. They look about the same as a straight bar except the guys are checking out the guys and the gals are checking out the gals.

I totally agree, I've been to quite a few due to my crazy brother in law and these places have some of the coolest dance floors, athmosphere and music I've ever seen. I've been hit on before but most of these men know before speaking to you can tell whether you're gay or not. I think they just go ahead for the fun of it, just as long as they don't touch. It becomes particularly interesting when you don't frequent these places but the same thing goes on as in straight clubs. The weirdest thing though for me is seeing 2 men kiss. :shock:

These clubs and bars I'm sure are frequented by people who are Bi. Love the words in this song by Living Colour *Bi* :)

People, if they choose you, then they want you to decide
    But you’d rather relax, kick back, enjoy the ride
    There’s a category if you’re straight or gay
    You’re a wild card gambler and you like it both ways

Everybody wants you when you’re bi
    Looking at the girls and eyeing all the guys
    Everybody loves you when you’re bi
    But the tension and the passion’s double amplified

My lover told me, well, that she’s bi
    I wanted to scream, there were tears in my eyes
    She said baby, baby, don’t you cry
    ‘Cause the one I am with, you’ve been seeing on the side

Eating with the girls and laughing with the guys
    Everybody loves you when you’re bi

Feeling all the girls and touching all the guys
    Well, everybody loves you when you’re bi
    Well a friend of a friend of a friend told me
    Everybody’s messed up with their sexuality
    Well a friend of a friend of a friend told me
    I need a closet big enough to live in
    A closet for the whole world to live in
    I want a closet big enough to live in
    A closet for the whole world to live in

Loving all the girls and loving all the guys
    Everybody needs you when you’re bi

Everybody wants you [that’s right]
    Everybody needs you [um-hum]
    Everybody likes you [I’ll bet]
    Everybody loves you

Everybody, yeah
    Everybody
    Everybody, come on now
    Everybody, [not me]
    Everybody, whoo
    Everybody, yeah
    Everybody, come on now
    Everybody

Well everybody loves you

Bi
    Licking all the girls
    Bi
    Licking all the guys

Everybody’s fucked up with their sexuality
    You like it both ways
    Like it both ways
    Bi

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

CJMST3K wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Oh gotcha
    Well, my straight guy friend thinks the same as us girls!

He tends to be more liberal on subjects such as homosexuality... more liberal than my boyfriend I mean (they are best friends). Both of them worked together with a gay while in school, which they both became friends with... thankfully now my boyfriend has eased up on his outlook on gay people now that he has befriended some.
    I remember on the bus one time these 17 or 18 year olds talking loudly (probably intentionally) so that the whole bus could hear of their plans for the night. I guess they got fake IDs and were trying to show off their ability to drink underage or something 'glorious' like that.

Anyways, one of them went on about how their friend was taking them to a bar and they were talking about picking up guys and what they were going to wear and yadi yadi... When she mentioned the bar name I had to laugh... I don't think they knew they weren't going to have any luck on the guy front, apparently they were heading to one of Vancouver's most popular gay bars.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    couldn't it also be said that, I love how girls always assume that drunk guys (straight or gay) are picky when it comes to finding someone to hook up with at a bar?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    haffajappa wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:
    haffajappa wrote:

Oh gotcha
    Well, my straight guy friend thinks the same as us girls!

He tends to be more liberal on subjects such as homosexuality... more liberal than my boyfriend I mean (they are best friends). Both of them worked together with a gay while in school, which they both became friends with... thankfully now my boyfriend has eased up on his outlook on gay people now that he has befriended some.

Yeah, it's not a girl thing to think. Probably only some guys would think to be concerned.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    CJMST3K wrote:

No, I'm a man!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    CJMST3K wrote:

No, I'm a man!

with hair as long as mine and a coy smile? i think not.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,839
    jimed14 wrote:

I was just gonna post this, beat me to it :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I wonder if LikeAnOcean is shirtless and dancing with glow sticks in his hands by now?! :mrgreen:
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    also walked into one with a group of guys in manhattan on new years eve once. bartender comes over and says a dude from across the bar wants to buy me a drink. me, being the "non-chalant blind drunk alchoholic high on new years" person that i am, scream across the bar my appreciation and thanks. bartender tells me to take it easy, it's a long night. at about that time i realize the circumstances and scenery in which we just walked into. my friends were all outside placing bets on how long i'd be in there before i figured it out. 14 minutes. god i was drunk. got a free beer though.
    I love to turn you on
  • also walked into one with a group of guys in manhattan on new years eve once. bartender comes over and says a dude from across the bar wants to buy me a drink. me, being the "non-chalant blind drunk alchoholic high on new years" person that i am, scream across the bar my appreciation and thanks. bartender tells me to take it easy, it's a long night. at about that time i realize the circumstances and scenery in which we just walked into. my friends were all outside placing bets on how long i'd be in there before i figured it out. 14 minutes. god i was drunk. got a free beer though.
    :lol::lol::lol: u had a great time i think... :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    also walked into one with a group of guys in manhattan on new years eve once. bartender comes over and says a dude from across the bar wants to buy me a drink. me, being the "non-chalant blind drunk alchoholic high on new years" person that i am, scream across the bar my appreciation and thanks. bartender tells me to take it easy, it's a long night. at about that time i realize the circumstances and scenery in which we just walked into. my friends were all outside placing bets on how long i'd be in there before i figured it out. 14 minutes. god i was drunk. got a free beer though.
    :lol::lol::lol: u had a great time i think... :roll:

it was quite an interesting night. some kid also tried to light me on fire in Times Square that night. Good times. :shock:
    I love to turn you on
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Any straights here venture into them?

I have a date with an incredibly awesome girl tomorrow, with her and her friends at a gay bar.

Should be interesting.

EDIT: I KNOW Speedy will have a coment for this. ;)

i work in a place where i am the only non-gay guy. I go to gay bars all the time. you might feel a little uncomfortable at 1st but since you are going with a girl you might not get hit on. the whole gay bar/straight bar thing is over done. just relaxed and if some guy is giving a blow job to another guy in the washroom don't look it is rude. have fun
    CJ enters "Babes" bar...

...and thinks to self... "Wait a minute...there's something bothering me about this place. I know! This lesbian bar doesn't have a fire exit; Enjoy your death trap, ladies!"

Sounds similar to my experience. :D
    g under p wrote:
    I did something like that once in Greenwich Village NYC. I was thirsty and needed a drink went into this bar I think called The Monster? While walking in had an eerie feeling something was up, all eyes on me kind of thing. Ordered a beer and took a closer look at my surroundings only to notice was nothing but men in there. I did one of those beer flying spills all over the guy next me and shouted "Oh Shit there's nothing but men in here". The place grew quiet, finished my beer and I apologized to the guy with beer all over he replied "it' ok honey, want to help me clean up" I told him thanks but no thanks and hurried out of there.

My brother in law and sister who stayed outside knew it was a gay but said nothing. They wanted to know how I would handle being in there.

Peace

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    I had a friend in college who is gay and occasionally I'd go to the gay bar with him and some of his straight and gay friends.

Gotta say, for a straight guy, gay bars are actually a GREAT place to meet chicks.
    Not sure why, but I met quite a few straight chicks in that gay bar.

I dated one for a while and when people would ask us how we met, the whole gay bar story was always fun. :lol:

Bottom line. If you are straight and have a gay friend, go with him sometime because the (straight) chicks in gay bars are incredibly easy to approach.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    edited January 2010
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I wonder if LikeAnOcean is shirtless and dancing with glow sticks in his hands by now?! :mrgreen:
    LOL!!! Almost!

Really it was a bar of nerdy gay guys acting goofy. No one came on to me. It wasn't bad at all and date went AWESOME!

She was not what I expected. Very shy in person. We had only been texting before and she seemed very out-going and sarcastic. In person she was georgeous! Her friends, straight and gay really liked me and she was already texting again me barely 10 minutes after I left.

I sense a second date soon. Gay bar, where ever, it was worth it! 8-)
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    LOL!!! Almost!

Really it was a bar of nerdy gay guys acting goofy. No one came on to me. It wasn't bad at all and date went AWESOME!

She was not what I expected. Very shy in person. We had only be texting before and she seemed very out-going and sarcastic. In person she was georgeous! Her friends, straight and gay really liked me and she was already texting again me barely 10 minutes after I left.

Phew thats good...I thought maybe you were gonna say

"The next thing I know..she/he is standing next to me at the urinal!"

:?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Years and years ago my husband and his friend found themselves in a gay bar down in San Diego (they had no clue). The first tip off was when the waiter asked if they wanted a cocktail. How often do bartenders or waiters use that term?? :D:lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    LOL!!! Almost!

She was not what I expected. Very shy in person. We had only been texting before and she seemed very out-going and sarcastic. In person she was georgeous! Her friends, straight and gay really liked me and she was already texting again me barely 10 minutes after I left.

Must have been those good looks of yours you were telling us all about the other day! haha ;)

I'm glad it went well and that you didn't get raped in the toilets! :thumbup:
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    LOL!!! Almost!

Must have been those good looks of yours you were telling us all about the other day! haha ;)

I'm glad it went well and that you didn't get raped in the toilets! :thumbup:
    Had to go three times because of all the drinking. I was the only one in each time.. wheew! 8-)

I was so focused on her and her friends, I didn't even care what else was going on around me.

My buddy was disturbed by two dudes humping on the dance floor. lol.
    Lizard wrote:
    Years and years ago my husband and his friend found themselves in a gay bar down in San Diego (they had no clue). The first tip off was when the waiter asked if they wanted a cocktail. How often do bartenders or waiters use that term?? :D:lol:

I hear that all the time NOW if that waiter said...if they wanted a cock-n-tail then you'll know for sure you're in an unusual place. :D:lol::D

Peace