***THANK YOU, THANK YOU, A MILLION TIMES OVER...THANK YOU***

LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
edited January 2010 in The Porch
As many of you know, I've been searching for a particular Pearl Jam poster years before I even came to the Pit. And since I've been here, I've littered this place with requests and pleads for my holy grail of posters, such as in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=118665

But as of today, you will never have to read another thread (by me) pleading with everyone, hoping someone had a 1998 Birmingham, AL poster for trade or for sale.

It's been a real rough year for me, and Pearl Jam's music has honestly got me through some dark and depressing times. Last week I took a trip down to South Florida, just to get away from everything and when I returned a little note was on my door from the Post Office to come pick up a package. The whole weekend I was thinking it was a book that I ordered off of Amazon, not big deal, but when the PO employee presented me with a poster tube, I was really confused. I couldn't wait to get home to open it, so I tore into the tube as if I was a kid on Christmas morning opening up my presents from Santa. And low and behold, easily the nicest, caring thing anyone has ever gotten me, this came out...

DSC00244.jpg

I know that many of you know and felt the generosity of many members of this place before, which I'm right there with you- words can not be expressed about how kindhearted the people here are- it just blows me away. Sure there's some negative talk here about the band and this and that, but the true kindness easily over powers the negative as I see it.

A HUGE Thank You to the following people that made this happen. I will always be indebted to you all:

jecica
stot
AtlantaJammer
pdalowsky
demetrios
PJ-Cubs
OceanStone
norm
Given to...
Lone Wolf
pjtradeking
arq

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I REALLY HOPE THAT ONE DAY I WILL BE ABLE TO ROCK OUT WITH YOU ALL AT A SHOW- I JUST FEEL SO BLESSED TO HAVE FRIENDS LIKE YOU!!!!
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    enjoy roger!!

hope 2010 is a great year for ya!! :thumbup:

:mrgreen:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    norm wrote:
    enjoy roger!!

hope 2010 is a great year for ya!! :thumbup:

Thanks Norm!! I really appreciate it!!! I'm already off to a MUCH better start- I just can't thank you all enough!!

Once I have the money to get it framed- not sure when it will be, I'll be sure to post pics of it here!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Nice!!!

how much is that worth?
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    that is awesome! I got goosebumps reading it!

There are always some spoilers, but overall the peopl in this community are an amazing group!!!!!!!!
  • Youre quite welcome bro! Easily the best xmas present most of us have given this year! Happy to help. Now time to save for a sweet framejob. Im sure youll do this bad boy some justice...
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Good for you Roger. No one deserves it more for all the cool things you do on this board. I'm sorry I couldn't be of help with this. I saw the thread but am currently on unemployment and scraping by with that. Hoping the new year is kinder to me. But the people that helped are truly class acts and as I said before, this couldn't have happened to a better person. Enjoy.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Congrats on your holy grail ....now get that to the framers asap
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    Congrat's Roger! :D

All the best in 2010 my friend! 8-)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    You are quite welcome Roger,

It's not a mystery as to why this happened either. Good things happen to good guys.

Oh and as to the worth of this thing? Well it's no longer an issue, I'm pretty confident it's now considered priceless!!!

Special praise to Jose for putting in the work to coordinate this
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    pdalowsky wrote:

:clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    norm wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

bow.gif
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Thats awesome congrats. :D:D:D
    Go Birds!!!!
  • demetrios wrote:
    norm wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

bow.gif

• pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    edited January 2010
    You are most welcome my friend!! Was KILLING me knowing that you were out of town whilst the tube was sitting there!! We knew it had been delivered, we just werent sure when you were coming home to get it!! :lol:

I hope you enjoy it as I am SURE you will!!

I would also like to put out a BIG THANKS to ARQ for getting this done when I couldnt!! He spearheaded it and took care of the particulars!!!

THANKS to all of those listed as well who were able to help make this happen!

ENJOY IT MY FRIEND!!! As stated above, this was EASILY the best gift I was part of this year!! :-)
    Post edited by pjtradeking on
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • congrats Roger,its great to see a friend happy..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    well done folks ... well done.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    That's great Roger!!!! Enjoy it buddy
  • Wow! That's awesome. I was hoping this came through for you. Nice job guys.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Thats so sweet! I've read about you trying to get one for years! I feel bad I couldn't be a part of it:( But congrats!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    Good to hear that you finally got your hands on your holy grail!

Had I known about this cause, I would have contributed to it as well. For those that did contribute, well done!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Enjoy the poster. You do a lot of great stuff for the people on this board and more than deserve it.

Again, thanks to Jose for coordinating this.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,012
    edited January 2010
    I didn't do anything, only finding the poster was hard, and even that was a blast, everything else was a piece of cake, all the people who helped responded like it was a ticket presale or the last second on a eBay auction! Faster that the speed of sound ;)

My admiration and respects to all whom helped and made this a great experience!
    Post edited by arq on
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • my sincere congrats! You've been after that baby for a long, long time! :D
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • FrankieGFrankieG Posts: 9,100
    Congrats Lukinfan!! :D:D
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Very nice indeed. I've made some terrific friends from this board, a lot of people here totally rock.

Glad they were able to make your day. Sounds like you needed it.

Happy new year every one.
  • ckravitzckravitz Posts: 1,668
    Wow, I'm a noob here but felt that there is no better place for my first post than here. I don't know any of you but from a stranger's point of view, this already seems like a really cool group of folks. What an incredible thing to do for somebody.
    arq wrote:
    My admiration and respects to all whom helped and made this a great experience!
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• stotstot Posts: 207
    YAY Roger! This is the first time I've ever been glad school's back in so you would come home! :lol: Glad I could help!
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
    ckravitz wrote:
    Wow, I'm a noob here but felt that there is no better place for my first post than here. I don't know any of you but from a stranger's point of view, this already seems like a really cool group of folks. What an incredible thing to do for somebody.
    great first post! And I agree 100%, there really is a GREAT group here!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

stot wrote:
    YAY Roger! This is the first time I've ever been glad school's back in so you would come home! :lol: Glad I could help!
    :lol::lol::lol: Don't have to be back at work until Wednesday :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com