The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Another game pissed away by the pen. I've seen this 100 times before and I'm sure I'll see it 100 times again. Hold on to a damn lead! It's gonna be a looooooooooooooong year.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Cubs fans must be happy the Astros are in the division.
    The Astros look like a AAA club right now.
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    pureoc wrote:
    Another game pissed away by the pen. I've seen this 100 times before and I'm sure I'll see it 100 times again. Hold on to a damn lead! It's gonna be a looooooooooooooong year.
    That and the 9th inning 'comeback' that falls short with a weak bunt-swing to the pitcher! Bleh...
    Off to my 8th straight home opener. Hope they can pull it out against the Brewers. Glad that it will be 60's and sunny and the Old Style's will be flowing!! GO CUBS!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • drsluggo wrote:
    pureoc wrote:
    That and the 9th inning 'comeback' that falls short with a weak bunt-swing to the pitcher! Bleh...

I get the feeling, though, that the members of the ball club(s) you are deriding are having the last and best laugh of all when they check their bank accounts ... Peace
  • man the Cubs are a loooong way away from being a contender... especially after watching the Phillies yesterday. That team has 6 or 7 players better than any member of the Cubs. Ridiculously good.

oh well... I couldn't care less if this team sucks. Lets go Cubs!!!
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Cubs fans must be happy the Astros are in the division.
    The Astros look like a AAA club right now.
    The Astros look like a AAA club???

The Cubs look like a little league team!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    The sad thing is that this team on paper should contend with the exception of the bullpen. How they didnt go for anything more substantial there I will never understand.

But with Soriano, Lee, Ramirez, Byrd, Soto (if he drops the soph-slump), etc... they SHOULD have a good offense. But they're also getting older so who knows.

I'm just glad they didnt go after any of the big talent this offseason -- maybe they know it won't matter anyway. Bleh!
  • drsluggo wrote:
    The sad thing is that this team on paper should contend with the exception of the bullpen. How they didnt go for anything more substantial there I will never understand.

But with Soriano, Lee, Ramirez, Byrd, Soto (if he drops the soph-slump), etc... they SHOULD have a good offense. But they're also getting older so who knows.

I'm just glad they didnt go after any of the big talent this offseason -- maybe they know it won't matter anyway. Bleh!

no way this team is a contender... even on paper. Soriano is an average player, below average defensively. Byrd is no all-star... Soto SUCKS. Ramirez and Lee are the best players but look at other teams best players in comparison: Pujols/Holliday, Utley/Howard, Manny/Kemp, Braun/Fielder, etc. These players are all better than Lee/Ramirez.

Even the starting pitching is just average. Z is unreliable, Dempster is good but not great, Wells is promising but after that... there is nothing. Who knows when Lilly will be back. We used to have much better pitching than the Cards but now... they have two guys better than any Cub pitcher in Carpenter and Wainwright. Lohse and Penny are pretty good too.

This team is a .500 team... they might sneak in 85 - 90 wins. My guess is 80 wins, just enough that they don't unload the veterans for young talent and they suck again in 2011.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Let's see if the Cubs pen can hold a 7 run lead :roll:
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    Let's see if the Cubs pen can hold a 7 run lead :roll:

make that a 4 run lead.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Cubs better save some runs for the rest of the season. :lol:
    patrickredeyes- where can i buy that T SHIRT?
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Davidtrios wrote:
    patrickredeyes- where can i buy that T SHIRT?

I'll be in touch with you about shirt.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Derrek Lee looked like he was favoring his right side, and now, he's out of the game ... :x
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    nextyear.jpg

:mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I say this with the most respect.........Alfonso Soriano sucks in the outfield. :D hahahaha
    I say this with the most respect.........Alfonso Soriano sucks in the outfield. :D hahahaha

truth. Ron Santos could play a better left field.......today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Let me correct myself......your entire outfield sucks. :D
    81 wrote:

Let me correct myself......the Cubs entire outfield sucks. :D

fixed :mrgreen: Go Brewers
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

fixed :mrgreen: Go Brewers

And our relief pitching sucks as usual. :roll:
    I think I could hit against LaTroy Hawkins.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I think I could hit against LaTroy Hawkins.

or he would walk you
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Loved the fact that quite possibly my least favorite Cub of all time (Soriano gives him a hell of a run though) and now by far my favorite Brewer comes in and blows a 3 run lead with 2 outs and no on in the 8th. Latroy Hawking pitching with the lead at Wrigley Field = GUARANTEED LOSS!! GO CUBS!!
  • Pearl JamesPearl James Posts: 420
    I cant help it :D

rigley.jpg

Of course the original is much bigger, resizing is a bitch for this site.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I cant help it :D

rigley.jpg

Of course the original is much bigger, resizing is a bitch for this site.

I believe they played in October in '03.

Damn you historical stats!!!!!!!!!! ;)
    Seems like a poster a White Sox fan created...before he stole a car, then drove home and beat his family.

:lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    I believe they choked in October in '03, '08 & '09.

fixed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,435
    Latoya Hawkins......

MY HERO!!!!!

Good to see this guy is still a piece of shit.........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Latoya Hawkins......

MY HERO!!!!!

Good to see this guy is still a piece of shit.........

We left him in wayyyyy to long I couldn't believe it.

That Soriano is one heck of a left fielder. :D
This discussion has been closed.