'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    The Champ wrote:

How can you still be so lost? I'm tired of schooling you..did you not read Jeff's assessment of the situation? He was there every day and saw everything that went down. The jury was filled with a bunch of whiny little bitches who did not respect the game..yes, Russell mocked a few people like Laura when he ousted her, but so fucking what, it's the fucking game..these little bitches couldn't take it..and like Jeff said, ultimately did not vote for Natalie but against Russell....Eric still thinks he's playing the game..lol.....the only rational person to use his brain was John, who happens to be a rocket scientist..the rest are all whack jobs like psycho Dave who admitted to Russell's brilliance, jealous Laura with her fake ugly boobs, the bible thumper, Jaison who is still crying about his damn socks, fucking sissy..come on, let's get fucking real here and get with the program....

And just for good measure, let's go over your statements above..Natalie didn't align herself with Russell. Didn't he align himself with her? Like he did with everyone else..remember the 'dumb girl alliance' or whatever..so this part once again was controlled by Russell, please argue this..lol...Natalie did not make any decisions, it was made for her by Russ..everyone knows this....and to think that Natalie is the one who convinced Russ to boot Brett, is completely absurd..everyone and their mom knew Brett had to go, no real decision for Russ to make.....

Eric gave the jury a way out with his heroic speech. Natalie didn't reference a single reason for them to vote for her aside from being herself, hiding away, riding coattails and hoping the money would fall in her lap, which it did....vote was against Russell...

Well said.

This is insane, I understand the argument that perhaps he's not the best player ever, but to continually say that Natalie was the better player just because she won the pitiful jealous jury vote is fucking ridiculous....she did nothing and won by default....guess Russ could have played nicer, but the jury should have voted accordingly nonetheless....they didn't respect the game..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    GB I think Champ's point is that the jury should be voting on who played the "game" the best, and not who they like or dislike simply for the fact that they got voted off or pissed off.

Unfortunately it's a popularity contest, not a measure of skill. Personally I can't watch that crap anyway, but I'm in the know ;)

No, no, no this guy is actually arguing that Natalie played the better game..in his mind, she played the better game because she ultimately won the jury votes....thus the best player won..lol....how the hell does everyone else in the world understand that she won by default, but this guy doesn't? And my dumb ass keeps engaging him..

I don't think I've said that she played the better game....I just think that her winning can be justified

I have a real hard time not accepting that when the jury decides who wins (they always have....and they haven't always picked the best finalist)

you should friend request Russell on facebook....he's accepting everyone
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • It comes down to this....Russell lost it for himself...he didn't sway the jury

It's all about the jury...instead of pouring out his strategy and making the case that he deserved it he was an arrogant asshole and that's what lost it for him

yep

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Nice recap here also from Entertainment Weekly:

'Survivor: Samoa' finale recap: The worst jury vote ever
    Did the right person win 'Survivor: Samoa'? Um, how should I put this? NO!
    By Dalton Ross | Dec 21, 2009

A travesty. That's really the only word for it. Wait, here's another one: A joke. You could also go with absurd, ridiculous, lame. I'm going to make sure that I am absolutely clear about this: Natalie winning over Russell is the worst jury vote in the history of Survivor. That honor previously belonged to the All-Stars season, when a bunch of bitter Bettys couldn't handle being outsmarted by Boston Rob and awarded the million dollars to Amber instead. But this is worse.

You may not like Russell. You may consider him cocky, sneaky, and lots of other things. But he OWNED this game, and he owned the final Tribal Council as well. Natalie's opening speech to the jury contained NOT ONE SINGLE REFERENCE to anything she did well in the entire game, just that it was ''the hardest thing I've ever done.'' Hey, hand her the million then! Later, she talked about how her big strategy was to NOT be aggressive. That was her strategy!!! Don't do anything. Again, hand her the million!

Look, Natalie seems like an absolute sweetheart. I have nothing against her whatsoever. I hope she enjoys the money and uses it well. The jury members are the people who should be ashamed. And don't give me any of this baloney about the social game. Todd in China blindsided and betrayed and went to the final Tribal Council owning every single move he did. You know how that jury responded? They respected it and handed him a million dollars. Not this time. There is no WAY any of those players can honestly think Natalie played a better game than Russell. They can say they liked her better and would rather give her the million dollars. But no way can they say that she played a better game, no matter what crazy Erik says. And let me make something clear: You may have been rooting for Natalie because you liked her better (And that's fine. I get that.) but if you are voting, and you take that job seriously, you have to put that aside and vote for the best player. Any way you slice it, Natalie was not the best player. Jeff Probst tried his best at the reunion to paint her as a worthy winner, starting off by prompting her to talk about her key move of helping get rid of Erik, and then going out of his way to jumpstart a conversation about how much better her social game was than Russell's, but even he seemed half-hearted in his attempts. Probst knows a dud winner when he sees one. He won't ever say it, but if you read between the lines, you can tell.

Okay, I'll rant more about this later (can you tell I'm riled up?), but let's get through some of the episode basics first. The finale began with Jaison sharing waaaaaaay too much information about his diarrhea. The rest of the first 5-10 minutes were all consumed with everyone treating Brett like he was Superman for winning two immunity challenges. Two! Thankfully, Russell finally spoke up as the voice of sanity, announcing, ''He's not Mike Tyson. He's Brett!''

haha, he said Mike Tyson..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    I don't think I've said that she played the better game....I just think that her winning can be justified

Justified only if outwit, outplay, and outlast is completely taken out of the equation, which is exactly what this jury did..

Anyway, it's about time you threw in the towel....now take your ball and go home ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • I'm glad Russell lost....fuck him

it was appropriate that one of the women he called a "dumbass" beat his ass for the million $$$

• How does a team win the Super Bowl(tm)?

Score the most points.

NOT who ran the furthest, or who threw the longest, or who controlled the ball the most time.

How does a team win the World Series?

Score the most points.

NOT who pitches the fastest, or who throws the farthest, or who batted more times.

How does a person win Survivor?

Score the most points (jury votes).

NOT who votes out the most people, or who wins the most immunities, or who find the most HII's, or who has the "best" strategy.

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Russell got screwed. He was the only thing that made this season watchable. To be down 4 tribe members to 8 at the merge and end up with 75% of them at the finall?!? C'mon. That's unheard of. He completely dominated that game in all aspects - including social. Survivor purists should be pissed. That vote made a laughingstock out of the game...

EDIT: Even Probst thinks Russell was the 'victim of a jury of bitter people.'

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/12/21/jeff- ... r-russell/
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
    I'm glad Russell lost....fuck him

it was appropriate that one of the women he called a "dumbass" beat his ass for the million $$$

So this is what it's about, you took offense to some fucking comment? You're just like one of the whiny little jury members crying about socks etc...you no doubt would have voted against Russell as well...no knowledge or respect for the game..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    How does a team win the Super Bowl(tm)?

Score the most points.

NOT who ran the furthest, or who threw the longest, or who controlled the ball the most time.

How does a team win the World Series?

Score the most points.

NOT who pitches the fastest, or who throws the farthest, or who batted more times.

How does a person win Survivor?

Score the most points (jury votes).

NOT who votes out the most people, or who wins the most immunities, or who find the most HII's, or who has the "best" strategy.

Why don't you just quit already? You have already admitted that Russell played the better game, so in this little tribal council I win ;) ....your analogy is fucking ridiculous because you have to earn your way into the Super Bowl and the World Series..a team with a 1-15 record, or 62-100 would not have the opportunity to play for the championship. Natalie did nothing, and we all understand she was carried into the final 3...remember, Russell handfuckingpicked the top 3 pretty much from the beginning....so try again ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    DeLukin wrote:
    Russell got screwed. He was the only thing that made this season watchable. To be down 4 tribe members to 8 at the merge and end up with 75% of them at the finall?!? C'mon. That's unheard of. He completely dominated that game in all aspects - including social. Survivor purists should be pissed. That vote made a laughingstock out of the game...

Yup, the article has already been posted...it is a joke..the jury should vote for the best player, which they clearly did not.....and I'm not sure Mick or Natalie even played the game at all....anyway, she is a nice enough person, but did nothing in terms of game play..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    this thread is funny.... :lol:

all this over a stupid tv show... :lol::lol::lol:
  • The Champ wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:

Yup, the article has already been posted...it is a joke..the jury should vote for the best player, which they clearly did not.....and I'm not sure Mick or Natalie even played the game at all....anyway, she is a nice enough person, but did nothing in terms of game play..

and yet she won

$1,000,000

:lol:

• inmytree wrote:
    this thread is funny.... :lol:

all this over a stupid tv show... :lol::lol::lol:

I feel the same way about the thread for the t.v. show Lost.
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687

Did you know this site was registered on Dec 11th? A solid week before Sunday's finale... hum....
    wishlistfoundation.org

• Did you know this site was registered on Dec 11th? A solid week before Sunday's finale... hum....

Well that site is run by his friends not Russell so maybe they knew already. Russell knew he didn't win too so who knows.
    The Champ wrote:
    DeLukin wrote:

and yet she won

$1,000,000

:lol:

Exactly, and yet she was still awarded the money by the jealous and bitter jury even though she didn't do squat...good for her, but bad for the integrity of the game and embarrassing for Survivor purists and fans..glad you finally get it:
    MikeTyson_Expert.jpg
    Merry Christmas
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    Her act of 'doing nothing, just getting by', was exactly what she did do. And it worked. She didn't need to do much more. And it got her a cool million.

If I could find a way to do nothing and get a million bucks, sign me up anyday.

If anyone can gain a million bucks by doing nothing, my hat is off to them.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.

• Did you know this site was registered on Dec 11th? A solid week before Sunday's finale... hum....

that's strange....that's a live final

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Looks like Russell gets another chance.....

He is cast as a villain (no shock there)---LIST:

* Amanda Kimmel
    * Boston Rob Mariano - UGH.
    * Candice Woodcock
    * Cirie Fields
    * Coach Ben Wade - UGH
    * Colby Donaldson
    * Courtney Yates
    * Danielle DiLorenzo
    * James Clement
    * Jerri Manthey
    * JT Thomas
    * Parvati Shallow
    * Randy Bailey
    * Rupert Boneham
    * Russell Hantz
    * Sandra Diaz-Twine
    * Stephanie LeGrossa
    * Sugar Piper
    * Tom Weston
    * Tyson Apostol

http://heroesvsvillains.survivor.com/
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:
    Looks like Russell gets another chance.....

He is cast as a villain (no shock there)---LIST:

* Amanda Kimmel
    * Boston Rob Mariano - UGH.
    * Candice Woodcock
    * Cirie Fields
    * Coach Ben Wade - UGH
    * Colby Donaldson
    * Courtney Yates
    * Danielle DiLorenzo
    * James Clement
    * Jerri Manthey
    * JT Thomas
    * Parvati Shallow
    * Randy Bailey
    * Rupert Boneham
    * Russell Hantz
    * Sandra Diaz-Twine
    * Stephanie LeGrossa
    * Sugar Piper
    * Tom Weston
    * Tyson Apostol

http://heroesvsvillains.survivor.com/

I really am not interested in seeing Boston Rob again. He has been on Survivor twice and the Amazing Race twice. He's had enough opportunties to will a million.
  • boston rob cried on national tv.i knew he wasn't that cool