The Survivor Samoa Finale Debacle

The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
edited February 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Outwit, outplay, outlast my fucking ass..
'I want to hurry home to you
put on a slow, dumb show for you
and crack you up
so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
god I'm very, very frightening
and I'll overdo it'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• who cares about reality t.v.

pshhhffttt.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    who cares about reality t.v.

pshhhffttt.

This damn show is responsible for our reality t.v. addictions....anyway, what a waste tonight was..bunch of sour grape losers..Russell was the king since day fucking one..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The Champ wrote:

You're going to have to be more specific ... 99% of us lost what little interest we had in this show about 8 years ago.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

You're going to have to be more specific ... 99% of us lost what little interest we had in this show about 8 years ago.

Russell, considered by many to be the greatest Survivor player in Survivor history was robbed....the jealous idiotic jury awarded the blond chick, who he chose to bring with him, the title of sole survivor....he was in charge from day one and decided who would go home every single tribal council..he dominated like no other...even found all 3 hidden immunity idols, two without a single clue to their locations...this guy was hard core and controlled absolutely everything...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL-5uiUs ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpS-3WuD ... re=related
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • I agree, total sham that Russell lost. I felt so bad for him seeing how emotional he was about it. Really just pathetic that those people were so petty that they couldn't give the money to someone who was clearly the best. On the bright side the new all stars season looks like it's going to be amazing.
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    I have very little respect for the 'sit back and be taken under his wing' mentality that she admitted to. Russell was the best, by far.

On the other hand, I think that was the best strategy for her, so I'm not real sure what I think.

Did Mick recieve any of the votes? (did they show how everyone voted?)

Russell then goes on to offer her 10G for the title. And she denies him even when he goes up to 100G. How hilarious is that. I was thinking she was showing some integrity by turning him down, but in a week she will be a nobody, and I'd rather have an extra 100G floating around rather than the title of 'lone survivor' or whatever it is.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • I was shocked he didn't win. He played the best game of all-time.
  • Russell looked like he didnt know whether to cry, smile, vomit, or shit in his pants.....When he realized he had lost....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Wow, the last time I watched this show was in the Delivery Room waiting for my son to be born...

He's 9
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • I am still in complete shock that Russell lost. What a joke. As far as I'm concerned he played the best reality show game that anyone has EVER played. He was brilliant every step of the way. Some of his moves looked strange at the time throughout the season but they all worked out for him because he had thought every contingency through.

90% of the time the jury votes for who played the game the best even if they were a victim of the backstabbing. But as my wife said, it was kind of a strange cast of characters this year. At least he won the Americas award. That's got be some validation for him. And I'd be willing to bet that had he won the game he would have donated the million dollars to charity.
    6-25-2008 MSG
    10-31-2009 Spectrum
    5-18-2010 Newark
  • ChrissybChrissyb Posts: 122
    I loved Russell, I really wanted to see him win..but it was all in the hands of the jury, you have to pick the right players to go up against..he got too cocky.
    **find what you love, love what you find**
  • JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Russel should have won hands down...I'm pretty sick of Survivor and will probably not watch it next season.
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Jukee wrote:
    Russel should have won hands down...I'm pretty sick of Survivor and will probably not watch it next season.

I can't wait for the next season. :D

I don't watch much t.v. but this show I have always been a fan of. Love it!!!
  • The Champ wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Russell, considered by many to be the greatest Survivor player in Survivor history was robbed....the jealous idiotic jury awarded the blond chick, who he chose to bring with him, the title of sole survivor....he was in charge from day one and decided who would go home every single tribal council..he dominated like no other...even found all 3 hidden immunity idols, two without a single clue to their locations...this guy was hard core and controlled absolutely everything...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL-5uiUs ... re=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpS-3WuD ... re=related

Natalie had a lot to do with the decisions as well. She convinced Russell to get rid of Brett.....she deserved it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

Natalie had a lot to do with the decisions as well. She convinced Russell to get rid of Brett.....she deserved it

Did you happen to watch the season? Russell decided when Natalie could take a crap in the woods..she did absolutely everything Russell told her to do, as did everyone else on that damn show...it really was just a case of major sour grapes..Jaison was bitter as hell after Russ burned his ass...these guys all voted via emotions..Natalie did nothing, nothing! Not only did Russell take himself into the finals but also decided exactly who the other two people were going to join him....this has never even been heard of prior..it was remarkable....please tell me that Natalie outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted Russell..lol..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    I am still in complete shock that Russell lost. What a joke. As far as I'm concerned he played the best reality show game that anyone has EVER played. He was brilliant every step of the way. Some of his moves looked strange at the time throughout the season but they all worked out for him because he had thought every contingency through.

90% of the time the jury votes for who played the game the best even if they were a victim of the backstabbing. But as my wife said, it was kind of a strange cast of characters this year. At least he won the Americas award. That's got be some validation for him. And I'd be willing to bet that had he won the game he would have donated the million dollars to charity.

Right on, what a bunch of fucking sour grape losers..you could not have played the game any better than Russ did..complete dominance from start to finish..3 idols found, won pivotal competitions, major role in every single elimination..he hand picked the final 3..Natalie did nothing..her final speech was even pathetic until her hero saved her....both Mic and Natalie admitted a bunch of times that Russell deserves to win..joke is right!
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Did you happen to watch the season? Russell decided when Natalie could take a crap in the woods..she did absolutely everything Russell told her to do, as did everyone else on that damn show...it really was just a case of major sour grapes..Jaison was bitter as hell after Russ burned his ass...these guys all voted via emotions..Natalie did nothing, nothing! Not only did Russell take himself into the finals but also decided exactly who the other two people were going to join him....this has never even been heard of prior..it was remarkable....please tell me that Natalie outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted Russell..lol..

I watched the whole season and every other season

Natalie let Russell be the bad guy....she had an agreement with him very early that they would go to the finals together

I agree that Russell finding the idols, etc. was unheard of but the guy was an egomaniac. He should have kept his mouth shut instead of bragging all the time.

And give me a break....Natalie won...she did outwit and outlast

If Russell was really smart he would have taken Shambo and/or Jaison instead of Natalie.....she convinced him otherwise

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Russell got robbed. The jury vote was purely emotional, they didn't want to give it to Russell.

As much as I hated him in the beginning , and thought that he was too overconfident near the end, he's by far one of the most entertaining players this show has ever seen. Loved him dropping the socks into the fire during the reunion. Thought that was great.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

• Natalie had a lot to do with the decisions as well. She convinced Russell to get rid of Brett.....she deserved it

Russell was going to get rid of Brett anyway, she didn't need to convince him of anything.
  • inmytreeinmytree Posts: 4,741
    wow, that show is still on...

I guess if this guy was the best ever,he should have won...there is a saying..."that's why they play the game..."

It also sounds like the champ wants a sweet piece of this Russell fella...TV crushes are sooo cute... :lol:
    The Champ wrote:

I watched the whole season and every other season

Natalie let Russell be the bad guy....she had an agreement with him very early that they would go to the finals together

I agree that Russell finding the idols, etc. was unheard of but the guy was an egomaniac. He should have kept his mouth shut instead of bragging all the time.

And give me a break....Natalie won...she did outwit and outlast

If Russell was really smart he would have taken Shambo and/or Jaison instead of Natalie.....she convinced him otherwise

Of course Russell had a deal with Natalie to go to the finals. He made the same exact deal with just about everyone. What else did Natalie do aside from taking orders from Russell? Give me a break..and as you eluded to, it was completely Russell's choice as to who to take with him, he chose Natalie and Mick, because no one in their right mind could ever say that these two slugs outwitted, outplayed, and outlasted him..of course he could have taken Shambo or Jaison, but it wouldn't have mattered as the jury would have rather awarded that rat Natalie killed instead of the best Survivor player in history....
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'

Russell was going to get rid of Brett anyway, she didn't need to convince him of anything.

She was not relevant at all...I mean, I guess a nice person was awarded the money, but that's about the extent of it...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    inmytree wrote:
    wow, that show is still on...

I guess if this guy was the best ever,he should have won...there is a saying..."that's why they play the game..."

It also sounds like the champ wants a sweet piece of this Russell fella...TV crushes are sooo cute... :lol:

Why are people so surprised that the show is still on? It's a ratings hog and nearly beat out Sunday night football last night....and I don't want any piece of Russell..just pissed that the game was not respected....the best player in Survivor history got the shaft courtesy a bunch of hipster/emo yoga doing sore losers..it's Survivor, not who is the nicest person..anyway, I can't believe this is even a debate...and I'm debating with someone who didn't even watch show ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I think the Champ has a man-crush on Russell. He does have a daddy-bear kinda thing goin on, doesn't he? ;)
    edit: lol....missed inmytree's crush comment....great minds, I guess :D
    I watched about 20 minutes of the show last night, (the first time I've watched since season 1), and I was able to tell that this Russell guy deserved to win...but would not. Human nature...you have that much control, you're guaranteed to have people revolt out of spite.
    I think the Champ has a man-crush on Russell. He does have a daddy-bear kinda thing goin on, doesn't he? ;)
    I watched about 20 minutes of the show last night, (the first time I've watched since season 1), and I was able to tell that this Russell guy deserved to win...but would not. Human nature...you have that much control, you're guaranteed to have people revolt out of spite.

He was like Babe Ruth calling home run shots. At least Russell won the viewers best player of the season by a landslide....I think it speaks volumes that the people who love and understand this game didn't feel that Natalie was deserving of top 3....she did nothing..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

He was like Babe Ruth calling home run shots. At least Russell won the viewers best player of the season by a landslide....I think it speaks volumes that the people who love and understand this game didn't feel that Natalie was deserving of top 3....she did nothing..

disagree....she made it to the top 3 and won a million $$$

• The Champ wrote:

The audience vote was interesting. I'm glad Russell won that. And I think it should tell the casting crew a lot about their viewing audience. They need to stop relying so heavily on recruiting eye candy off of the streets. They get their most interesting players through the applications.
    I carried a watermelon
    The Champ wrote:

disagree....she made it to the top 3 and won a million $$$

Again, you are completely lost ;) ..she did not make the top 3 in the viewers choice for the best player of the year....not even close...yes, the jury that hated Russell for outplaying, outwitting, and outlasting them awarded her the money, but she never was or ever will be considered a good player..please, let's get with it already..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'