The Survivor Samoa Finale Debacle

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    russell was so bad ass. he deserved to win to the million.

i just hope he gets the invite back as a villain for the 20th series, cause he played so well.
    I have seen the cast list and he is there, should be interesting as supposedly it was filmed right after Samoa, so the other 19 won't have a book on Russell.
    Good cast, probably 18 good former players and 2 "WTF are they doing there?'s".
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    Where do i find the cast list for the next season?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • The Champ wrote:
    The jury picks the winner...not the audience...that's part of the game and Natalie beat Russell

obviously

The audience picked who played the best game of the season and Natalie obviously wasn't even on the radar..there is no debate here...Natalie was given the money out of spite for Russell, who is going down in history as the best Survivor player....no other logical case can be made for Natalie getting the money..sometimes it comes down to the athlete vs. the game player/manipulator etc..but what the hell did Natalie do aside from taking orders from the king? Please explain how she outplayed and outwitted Russell....I mean the fucking guy sat there with the damn idol around his neck and didn't even use it..he kept it for a souvenir..that's how in control he was...it was insane..all the way through he dominated like no other in the history of the game....but according to you, Natalie played a better game because ultimately she was awarded the money by a crack pipe jury....what did she do that Russ didn't control??

I guess I would say that Natalie saw that it would be smart to align herself with Russell and then explain to the jury that her and Russell made a lot of the decisions together and that she let Russell be the bad guy.

Again...Russell had the opportunity to sway the jury and he blew it. Natalie convinced Russell to get rid of Brett (remember how Russell was thinking that the jury might respect him more if he kept Brett around?)

The game is about the jury....I think it is you that aren't getting it bro
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • everyone with their homer love for Russell is completely over looking the fact that HE DID NOT play the best game of survivor ever, ONE OF the best but not THE BEST.

1. He mismanaged his assets.
    2. He got sidetracked by Brett.
    3. He let his arrogance get in the way towards the end.

exactly...

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Day 3...

Those fuckers would be voting themselves off the Island after spending 48 hours with me............

hehehehehehe

yeah...day one take a big shit right next to the campfire

• The Champ wrote:
    The jury picks the winner...not the audience...that's part of the game and Natalie beat Russell

obviously

The audience picked who played the best game of the season and Natalie obviously wasn't even on the radar..there is no debate here...Natalie was given the money out of spite for Russell, who is going down in history as the best Survivor player....no other logical case can be made for Natalie getting the money..sometimes it comes down to the athlete vs. the game player/manipulator etc..but what the hell did Natalie do aside from taking orders from the king? Please explain how she outplayed and outwitted Russell....I mean the fucking guy sat there with the damn idol around his neck and didn't even use it..he kept it for a souvenir..that's how in control he was...it was insane..all the way through he dominated like no other in the history of the game....but according to you, Natalie played a better game because ultimately she was awarded the money by a crack pipe jury....what did she do that Russ didn't control??

I guess I would say that Natalie saw that it would be smart to align herself with Russell and then explain to the jury that her and Russell made a lot of the decisions together and that she let Russell be the bad guy.

Again...Russell had the opportunity to sway the jury and he blew it. Natalie convinced Russell to get rid of Brett (remember how Russell was thinking that the jury might respect him more if he kept Brett around?)

Worst jury ever plain and simple.

They didnt like Russell cause he outplayed them. So how do they puinsh him......give the money to somebody else.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,711
    loadedgun wrote:
    Where do i find the cast list for the next season?
    Heroes
    heroesaq.jpg
    heroesb.jpg

Villains
    villainsa.jpg
    villainsb.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland

• Worst jury ever plain and simple.

They didnt like Russell cause he outplayed them. So how do they puinsh him......give the money to somebody else.

every jury every season has been outplayed dude....

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    edited December 2009
    The Champ wrote:

obviously

How can you still be so lost? I'm tired of schooling you..did you not read Jeff's assessment of the situation? He was there every day and saw everything that went down. The jury was filled with a bunch of whiny little bitches who did not respect the game..yes, Russell mocked a few people like Laura when he ousted her, but so fucking what, it's the fucking game..these little bitches couldn't take it..and like Jeff said, ultimately did not vote for Natalie but against Russell....Eric still thinks he's playing the game..lol.....the only rational person to use his brain was John, who happens to be a rocket scientist..the rest are all whack jobs like psycho Dave who admitted to Russell's brilliance, jealous Laura with her fake ugly boobs, the bible thumper, Jaison who is still crying about his damn socks, fucking sissy..come on, let's get fucking real here and get with the program....

And just for good measure, let's go over your statements above..Natalie didn't align herself with Russell. Didn't he align himself with her? Like he did with everyone else..remember the 'dumb girl alliance' or whatever..so this part once again was controlled by Russell, please argue this..lol...Natalie did not make any decisions, it was made for her by Russ..everyone knows this....and to think that Natalie is the one who convinced Russ to boot Brett, is completely absurd..everyone and their mom knew Brett had to go, no real decision for Russ to make.....

Eric gave the jury a way out with his heroic speech. Natalie didn't reference a single reason for them to vote for her aside from being herself, hiding away, riding coattails and hoping the money would fall in her lap, which it did....vote was against Russell...
    Post edited by The Champ on
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • you really take this shit quite seriously eh champ? ;)
    (one of the longest threads, and posts, by you....about.....a tv show :D)
    i've never watched an episode of survivor in my life, so no idea....just popped in to say hi. :wave:

:mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

you really take this shit quite seriously eh champ? ;)
    (one of the longest threads, and posts, by you....about.....a tv show :D)
    i've never watched an episode of survivor in my life, so no idea....just popped in to say hi. :wave:

:mrgreen:

haha, just having some fun and keeping up the good fight..I mean the damn host of the show even said that the jury vote was a complete sham, and to say this is not in his or the shows benefit..in fact, it's a detriment to the integrity of the game..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • come on man....it doesn't matter what Probst thinks...it matters what the JURY thinks

hell I thought Colby should have won over that old blonde skank a few years ago....he didn't....so what?

• The Champ wrote:

How can you still be so lost? I'm tired of schooling you..did you not read Jeff's assessment of the situation? He was there every day and saw everything that went down. The jury was filled with a bunch of whiny little bitches who did not respect the game..yes, Russell mocked a few people like Laura when he ousted her, but so fucking what, it's the fucking game..these little bitches couldn't take it..and like Jeff said, ultimately did not vote for Natalie but against Russell....Eric still thinks he's playing the game..lol.....the only rational person to use his brain was John, who happens to be a rocket scientist..the rest are all whack jobs like psycho Dave who admitted to Russell's brilliance, jealous Laura with her fake ugly boobs, the bible thumper, Jaison who is still crying about his damn socks, fucking sissy..come on, let's get fucking real here and get with the program....

And just for good measure, let's go over your statements above..Natalie didn't align herself with Russell. Didn't he align himself with her? Like he did with everyone else..remember the 'dumb girl alliance' or whatever..so this part once again was controlled by Russell, please argue this..lol...Natalie did not make any decisions, it was made for her by Russ..everyone knows this....and to think that Natalie is the one who convinced Russ to boot Brett, is completely absurd..everyone and their mom knew Brett had to go, no real decision for Russ to make.....

Eric gave the jury a way out with his heroic speech. Natalie didn't reference a single reason for them to vote for her aside from being herself, hiding away, riding coattails and hoping the money would fall in her lap, which it did....vote was against Russell...

actually yes she did align herself with him....if she wouldn't have we would have seen her gang up and kick Russell off....she needed Russell in the final because she knew she could get votes over him because he was such a prick

I'm not the one that is lost dude....you are whining about Russell...he LOST...get over it

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Damn, this thread is still going?

I say we start a petition to get Champ on Survivor.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The Champ wrote:
    my fucking ass..

crying_baby.jpg

The Champ wrote:
    my fucking ass..

crying_baby.jpg

I hope you understand that the picture doesn't help your stance as everyone in America, aside from a very small disillusioned percentage, believe that the jury members voted exactly in that manner..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    actually yes she did align herself with him....if she wouldn't have we would have seen her gang up and kick Russell off....she needed Russell in the final because she knew she could get votes over him because he was such a prick

I'm not the one that is lost dude....you are whining about Russell...he LOST...get over it

She would have ganged up and kicked Russell out??..lol....what a mastermind she is..

Okay, so maybe I am lost here....the only debate that should be going on is whether or not Russell is the greatest player in Survivor history..that I'll give you is debatable...but you saying that Natalie played a better game than Russell is pretty fucking dumb, wouldn't you agree? You put too much weight on the jury votes, who obviously voted out of spite, and not for the best Survivor player of the season. Russell dictated everything. Not only did he propel himself into the finals, which is already pretty fucking hard to do, but he picked and chose the other two as well. That is something that has never ever been done before and it will never occur again....not to mention the idols etc....how do you not value that unbelievable feat over a great speech by Eric giving the bitter jury members an excuse to hand the money to a nice blonde girl who admitted she did absolutely nothing during her last speech? Please..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    jimed14 wrote:
    Damn, this thread is still going?

I say we start a petition to get Champ on Survivor.

Haha, I'd like to see everyone in this thread on the island with me..that would make for a good fucking show..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • the game is all about the jury...

I don't want to argue about who played better because it isn't about who plays better...it's about who the jury votes as the winner

Natalie won...as she stated, she saw the women going down one by one....each one was vocal and each one pissed off Russell. Natalie's strategy was to keep quiet and accompany Russell to the finals...they made that pact early on

the game is all about the jury...

I don't want to argue about who played better because it isn't about who plays better...it's about who the jury votes as the winner

No, by definition the game is to outwit, outplay, and outlast..as Jeff Probst said, no one even came close to Russell in this regard...yes, the jury voted for Natalie for reasons everyone in America understands, but you seem not to...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

No, by definition the game is to outwit, outplay, and outlast..as Jeff Probst said, no one even came close to Russell in this regard...yes, the jury voted for Natalie for reasons everyone in America understands, but you seem not to...

oh dear god....do you disagree that the jury decides?

the definition doesn't mean squat....obviously

Natalie won...as she stated, she saw the women going down one by one....each one was vocal and each one pissed off Russell. Natalie's strategy was to keep quiet and accompany Russell to the finals...they made that pact early on

Again, Russell made deals with everyone..what did Natalie do better in this regard as opposed to let's say Mick? Nothing..she was just a pawn that Russell controlled, just like everyone else....and you really want to reference her pathetic speech to strengthen your argument?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Again, Russell made deals with everyone..what did Natalie do better in this regard as opposed to let's say Mick? Nothing..she was just a pawn that Russell controlled, just like everyone else....and you really want to reference her pathetic speech to strengthen your argument?

I'd say my argument is pretty strong...given that she WON and Russell LOST

• Worst jury ever plain and simple.

every jury every season has been outplayed dude....

Whatever.............dude. ;)
    The Champ wrote:

oh dear god....do you disagree that the jury decides?

the definition doesn't mean squat....obviously

Exactly, obviously the definition of the game didn't mean squat to the jury either. Yes, they decide who will receive the money..but this notion that she played a better game, or a game at all, makes you look like a complete fool...everyone understands she won the money by default, not due to her superior game play....but yes, she received the majority vote, congrats..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Well said.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    GB I think Champ's point is that the jury should be voting on who played the "game" the best, and not who they like or dislike simply for the fact that they got voted off or pissed off.

Unfortunately it's a popularity contest, not a measure of skill. Personally I can't watch that crap anyway, but I'm in the know ;)
    The Champ wrote:

I'd say my argument is pretty strong...given that she WON and Russell LOST

I'd say that your argument that Natalie played a better game and was deserving of the prize is not strong at all. Jeff Probst would agree as well..And you didn't answer me, what did she do better than any of the other players Russell made deals with?? You can't because she didn't do anything, but was merely lucky that Russ took her to the end..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Rygar wrote:
    GB I think Champ's point is that the jury should be voting on who played the "game" the best, and not who they like or dislike simply for the fact that they got voted off or pissed off.

Unfortunately it's a popularity contest, not a measure of skill. Personally I can't watch that crap anyway, but I'm in the know ;)

No, no, no this guy is actually arguing that Natalie played the better game..in his mind, she played the better game because she ultimately won the jury votes....thus the best player won..lol....how the hell does everyone else in the world understand that she won by default, but this guy doesn't? And my dumb ass keeps engaging him..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • loadedgunloadedgun Posts: 1,389
    Do you need a ruler?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.