The Survivor Samoa Finale Debacle

Comments

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    The Champ wrote:
    I think the Champ has a man-crush on Russell. He does have a daddy-bear kinda thing goin on, doesn't he? ;)
    edit: lol....missed inmytree's crush comment....great minds, I guess :D
    I watched about 20 minutes of the show last night, (the first time I've watched since season 1), and I was able to tell that this Russell guy deserved to win...but would not. Human nature...you have that much control, you're guaranteed to have people revolt out of spite.

He was like Babe Ruth calling home run shots. At least Russell won the viewers best player of the season by a landslide....I think it speaks volumes that the people who love and understand this game didn't feel that Natalie was deserving of top 3....she did nothing..

The audience vote was interesting. I'm glad Russell won that. And I think it should tell the casting crew a lot about their viewing audience. They need to stop relying so heavily on recruiting eye candy off of the streets. They get their most interesting players through the applications.

Good point, obviously the viewers who love and respect this game for what it should be called it like they saw it....had Natalie done anything in terms of game play, she would have received recognition for it from the viewers..why wouldn't she?? The fact is, she did nothing..and everyone knows it....you could tell Probst obviously felt like Russ killed it too..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The jury picks the winner...not the audience...that's part of the game and Natalie beat Russell

obviously
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • His name slips my mind at the moment but he was the last person from the jury to speak. IMO his comments are what swayed the jury to vote for Nat over Russell. I also think it's a little ironic that he spoke last. I think they were gonna vote for Russell but as I said the last person swayed the rest of the jury. Yea Nat won but she didn't play the best game. Russell did and in my mind is the winner. The jury had sour grapes cause they got outplayed by Russell. It's a shame but oh well. Great show and I will keep watching it. :)
  • It comes down to this....Russell lost it for himself...he didn't sway the jury

It's all about the jury...instead of pouring out his strategy and making the case that he deserved it he was an arrogant asshole and that's what lost it for him
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • It comes down to this....Russell lost it for himself...he didn't sway the jury

It's all about the jury...instead of pouring out his strategy and making the case that he deserved it he was an arrogant asshole and that's what lost it for him

They had sour grapes that they got out played by him.
    His name slips my mind at the moment but he was the last person from the jury to speak. IMO his comments are what swayed the jury to vote for Nat over Russell. I also think it's a little ironic that he spoke last. I think they were gonna vote for Russell but as I said the last person swayed the rest of the jury. Yea Nat won but she didn't play the best game. Russell did and in my mind is the winner. The jury had sour grapes cause they got outplayed by Russell. It's a shame but oh well. Great show and I will keep watching it. :)

Yeah, though they knew it was wrong, that ridiculous speech somehow justified the vote for many on the jury I bet....she didn't even make a logically case for herself..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The jury picks the winner...not the audience...that's part of the game and Natalie beat Russell

obviously

The audience picked who played the best game of the season and Natalie obviously wasn't even on the radar..there is no debate here...Natalie was given the money out of spite for Russell, who is going down in history as the best Survivor player....no other logical case can be made for Natalie getting the money..sometimes it comes down to the athlete vs. the game player/manipulator etc..but what the hell did Natalie do aside from taking orders from the king? Please explain how she outplayed and outwitted Russell....I mean the fucking guy sat there with the damn idol around his neck and didn't even use it..he kept it for a souvenir..that's how in control he was...it was insane..all the way through he dominated like no other in the history of the game....but according to you, Natalie played a better game because ultimately she was awarded the money by a crack pipe jury....what did she do that Russ didn't control??
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    It comes down to this....Russell lost it for himself...he didn't sway the jury

They had sour grapes that they got out played by him.

How some people can't see that is beyond me..granted there are only a few..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • who cares about reality t.v.

pshhhffttt.

why post here then?

go somewhere else to play...
  • russell was so bad ass. he deserved to win to the million.

i just hope he gets the invite back as a villain for the 20th series, cause he played so well.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    I completely forgot this was on last night....was thoroughly enjoying a sloth football Sunday....I digress. I just watched it On Demand......

TOTAL FUCKING LET DOWN!
    Seriously? Natalie? Did I like Russell? fuck no, he's an arrogant prick but he played one of the best games and stayed true to his alliance to the end. and yes, the last jury member to speak swayed any final doubts the rest of the jurors had.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Whizbang wrote:
    I completely forgot this was on last night....was thoroughly enjoying a sloth football Sunday....I digress. I just watched it On Demand......

TOTAL FUCKING LET DOWN!
    Seriously? Natalie? Did I like Russell? fuck no, he's an arrogant prick but he played one of the best games and stayed true to his alliance to the end. and yes, the last jury member to speak swayed any final doubts the rest of the jurors had.

seriously....I missed the first half of Monday Night Football for it. wtf?
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    Jeff Probst chimes in now that the season is over:

Okay, now that the show is officially over I’m going to take off my hosting and producing hat and just give you my personal reaction to what went down last night.

I think Russell was the victim of a jury of bitter people. I am not taking anything away from Natalie, she clearly did a great job of reading the group dynamic of the jury and as a result she deserves the money.

Oftentimes on Survivor, the vote does come down to a choice where a determining factor is “how nice someone is” but that’s usually when all other criteria being considered is equal. That doesn’t hold up this season. This season was so lopsided in terms of one person (Russell) completely dominating the game that to not give him the money and the title is a bit silly.

If I were playing Survivor, no matter how much I despised someone, if they kicked my ass in the game I would give it to them. Period. Outwit. Outplay. Nobody outwitted or outplayed Russell. Not even close.
    I was a bit surprised at Eric’s nod to Natalie during the final tribal council. I think he certainly helped Natalie and definitely hurt Russell. I also think that when Eric watches this season again in a few years he will regret not giving his vote to Russell. Erik is the kind of guy who I thought would respect a player like Russell. I think Eric was still smarting from the whole Galu disaster.

I do not believe the jury voted for Natalie, I believe the jury voted against Russell.

Russell was clearly upset last night and I think a lot of people understand why that would be. He played a very risky and creative game and he wanted to be acknowledged. As for the audience, they spoke quite loudly when they awarded him the $100,000 from Sprint by an overwhelming 46% Russell to 10% Shambo… and 7% Natalie. Not even close. I put myself in that same group. Again, I’m speaking as a fan, not as a host or a producer.

But hey this is how it goes, it’s why Survivor is so fun to watch, you can never predict the outcome. So…
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

Okay, now that the show is officially over I’m going to take off my hosting and producing hat and just give you my personal reaction to what went down last night.

I think Russell was the victim of a jury of bitter people. I am not taking anything away from Natalie, she clearly did a great job of reading the group dynamic of the jury and as a result she deserves the money.

Oftentimes on Survivor, the vote does come down to a choice where a determining factor is “how nice someone is” but that’s usually when all other criteria being considered is equal. That doesn’t hold up this season. This season was so lopsided in terms of one person (Russell) completely dominating the game that to not give him the money and the title is a bit silly.

If I were playing Survivor, no matter how much I despised someone, if they kicked my ass in the game I would give it to them. Period. Outwit. Outplay. Nobody outwitted or outplayed Russell. Not even close.
    I was a bit surprised at Eric’s nod to Natalie during the final tribal council. I think he certainly helped Natalie and definitely hurt Russell. I also think that when Eric watches this season again in a few years he will regret not giving his vote to Russell. Erik is the kind of guy who I thought would respect a player like Russell. I think Eric was still smarting from the whole Galu disaster.

I do not believe the jury voted for Natalie, I believe the jury voted against Russell.

Russell was clearly upset last night and I think a lot of people understand why that would be. He played a very risky and creative game and he wanted to be acknowledged. As for the audience, they spoke quite loudly when they awarded him the $100,000 from Sprint by an overwhelming 46% Russell to 10% Shambo… and 7% Natalie. Not even close. I put myself in that same group. Again, I’m speaking as a fan, not as a host or a producer.

But hey this is how it goes, it’s why Survivor is so fun to watch, you can never predict the outcome. So…

Thanks for posting this pretty cool.

Where did you find this.
  • 6-25-2008 MSG
    10-31-2009 Spectrum
    5-18-2010 Newark
  • The only thing Natalie was good for in this game was looking fantastic in a bikini. :D

survivor-samoa-natalie-white12.jpg
    6-25-2008 MSG
    10-31-2009 Spectrum
    5-18-2010 Newark
    The Champ wrote:

Thanks for posting this pretty cool.

Where did you find this.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/12/21/jeff- ... r-russell/
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The only thing Natalie was good for in this game was looking fantastic in a bikini. :D

survivor-samoa-natalie-white12.jpg

No, no, her brilliant strategy all along was to hide away, do absolutely nothing, and then wait for the million dollars to fall squarely in her lap ;) ....she is pretty hot though, I'll give her that..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Psycho Dave pretty much sums up this nutty jury..after he got ousted, he immediately acknowledged Russell's brilliance saying "Russell was born to play this game," and then went ahead and voted for Natalie..lol...Jon, arguably the only sane person to vote logically..wow....though Russ said that after the results were read, many from the jury went over to him and stated that they made the wrong decision..you fucking think?? lol..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:
    Psycho Dave pretty much sums up this nutty jury..after he got ousted, he immediately acknowledged Russell's brilliance saying "Russell was born to play this game," and then went ahead and voted for Natalie..lol...Jon, arguably the only sane person to vote logically..wow....though Russ said that after the results were read, many from the jury went over to him and stated that they made the wrong decision..you fucking think?? lol..

Who knows but like I said IMO Erik the last person speaking on the jury swayed the votes for Nat to win. Those were the last remarks they heard b4 they voted. I haven't talked this much about the show since the first season. hehe :D
  • everyone with their homer love for Russell is completely over looking the fact that HE DID NOT play the best game of survivor ever, ONE OF the best but not THE BEST.

1. He mismanaged his assets.
    2. He got sidetracked by Brett.
    3. He let his arrogance get in the way towards the end.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • The Champ wrote:

Who knows but like I said IMO Erik the last person speaking on the jury swayed the votes for Nat to win. Those were the last remarks they heard b4 they voted. I haven't talked this much about the show since the first season. hehe :D

its edited, you dont know for sure that is the last person to actually talk, did the camera actually focus on probst saying "Erik, close it out" no they didnt they could have added that in in post and put that one last for the sake of good television.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • russell was so bad ass. he deserved to win to the million.

i just hope he gets the invite back as a villain for the 20th series, cause he played so well.

he is in it.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • The Champ wrote:

its edited, you dont know for sure that is the last person to actually talk, did the camera actually focus on probst saying "Erik, close it out" no they didnt they could have added that in in post and put that one last for the sake of good television.

Who knows who cares it's over. Great job CBS. :)
  • I should get on that show...

I would take that show to a whole different level.....

Day 1 I would eliminate half my competition......By throwing them right out of the fucking plane on the way to the Island.....

hehehehehehehehe

Talk about television at its finest.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Day 2...

I would build a fire....

And throw Jeff Probst's dumbass right in it.....

hehehehehehehehehehe

I was born to be on this show!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Day 3...

Those fuckers would be voting themselves off the Island after spending 48 hours with me............

hehehehehehe
  • Day 3...

Those fuckers would be voting themselves off the Island after spending 48 hours with me............

hehehehehehe

LMFAO :D
  • Day 3...

hehehehehehe

LMFAO :D
    They should let me in on the "Heroes vs. Villians"

I would make an alliance with Rupert....
    Then the 2 of us would smash everyone over the head with a fucking coconut....

Then split the $1,000,000 between us......

hehehehehehehehe
  • its edited, you dont know for sure that is the last person to actually talk, did the camera actually focus on probst saying "Erik, close it out" no they didnt they could have added that in in post and put that one last for the sake of good television.

Who knows who cares it's over. Great job CBS. :)

haha yeah, sorry didnt mean to come across wrong. when i read my post now i was like "ohhh.. ooops" just making a point, i am sure they edit it for drama
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}