Options

Chicago Bulls

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    one game does not make a series. calm down bulls fans

and you all thought deng played alot of minutes. Butler has played every minute in 3 straight games.

That was pretty great last night. Still don't think they will win the series, but always nice to see the Heat lose.

I know they are short-handed, but that is fucking nuts to play a guy 48 mins 3 games in a row.

making up for noth playing a ton last year :lol: he look like he could use a breather mid way thru the 4th. i was worried he was going to fall over. only real time you can rest him is when james is out, until deng comes back, there is nobody you can put on james unless you want to go noah.

gotta figure when deng does make it back, he's going to be out of game shape.

i will say it's nice to not see rip on the floor. hated him in detroit with his stupid mask, and never warmed up to him in chicago. thankfully his contract is up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    thanks for an entertaining season.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Another tough one last night. It's amazing that they played the Heat so tough 3 out of the 5 games without Deng and Hinrich. This team has some major balls.

I still can't believe Rose didn't play the entire season. :fp: Unless they make some major trades, Bulls don't have much flexibility to make any big moves with their salary cap situation. I would love to see Nate come back over Hinrich to be the backup PG. Hinrich can never stay healthy. I think it's pretty obvious that Butler is the 2 guard of the future. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Another tough one last night. It's amazing that they played the Heat so tough 3 out of the 5 games without Deng and Hinrich. This team has some major balls.

I still can't believe Rose didn't play the entire season. :fp: Unless they make some major trades, Bulls don't have much flexibility to make any big moves with their salary cap situation. I would love to see Nate come back over Hinrich to be the backup PG. Hinrich can never stay healthy. I think it's pretty obvious that Butler is the 2 guard of the future. Should be interesting.

Assuming they can get the entire team healthy for a season, i think they have a shot at it.

Rose's jumper should be better.
    Butler showed he can ball. He should be the starting two. He reminds me of a young pippen.
    Deng at the three. Rumor has it, he had a fractured thumb this year, which would explain why his shooting went to shit mid season.
    Boozer. I know people are going to hate on him, but i thought his defense was improved. not great obviously, but serviciable.
    Noah. Get those fuckin feet right.

I don't think nate comes back. he signed a vet mininum 1 year deal because nobody wanted him last year. but he showed he could play. i see him going someplace else for multi years and more than the min.

Kirk. i agree he had way to many injuries, but it's not like an acl or something where you get hurt doing nothing. got cut, had an infection which kept him out. the calf was a fluke trying to make a play. i'd rather have him over nate. he can run the team, where as nate runs himself.

be nice to see marco come back as the back up two.

taj wil obvioulsy be the back up 4.

my question is, who is the back up 3 and 5? i guess you can slide butler to the 3 while deng rests and marco or kirk can man the two. naz is not the anwser at the 5. he was pretty bad most of the season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Assuming they can get the entire team healthy for a season, i think they have a shot at it.

Rose's jumper should be better.
    Butler showed he can ball. He should be the starting two. He reminds me of a young pippen.
    Deng at the three. Rumor has it, he had a fractured thumb this year, which would explain why his shooting went to shit mid season.
    Boozer. I know people are going to hate on him, but i thought his defense was improved. not great obviously, but serviciable.
    Noah. Get those fuckin feet right.

I don't think nate comes back. he signed a vet mininum 1 year deal because nobody wanted him last year. but he showed he could play. i see him going someplace else for multi years and more than the min.

Kirk. i agree he had way to many injuries, but it's not like an acl or something where you get hurt doing nothing. got cut, had an infection which kept him out. the calf was a fluke trying to make a play. i'd rather have him over nate. he can run the team, where as nate runs himself.

be nice to see marco come back as the back up two.

taj wil obvioulsy be the back up 4.

my question is, who is the back up 3 and 5? i guess you can slide butler to the 3 while deng rests and marco or kirk can man the two. naz is not the anwser at the 5. he was pretty bad most of the season.

Personally, I'd rather have Nate over Hinrich. But someone will throw Nate some $$ after what he showed this year. And I think Hinrich is still under contract for next year. I like Hinrich, but he is just always hurt.

Definitely need a backup 5 and 3. The only issue is that they will probably only be able to throw the minimum at veterans like they did with this year's team. Unless they decide to amnesty Boozer, they don't have much flexibility.

Hopefully God lets Rose know in the offseason that he is ready to play again. :fp:
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    I like Kenny Smith's comment at halftime, one of the few times, he said he wanted to live life like the Chicago Bulls.

"Never getting away from what it is that you do, never giving up, keep fighting, and not panicking."

As a Pacer fan, this is hard to say, I respect the Bulls after this run!

Hopefully you beat the Heat up enough to give us a chance at them! :)
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    I like Kenny Smith's comment at halftime, one of the few times, he said he wanted to live life like the Chicago Bulls.

"Never getting away from what it is that you do, never giving up, keep fighting, and not panicking."

As a Pacer fan, this is hard to say, I respect the Bulls after this run!

Hopefully you beat the Heat up enough to give us a chance at them! :)

as a bulls fan, i hate the pacers, but you guys have put together a solid squad. glad we missed you in the 1st round. finish of the knicks and beat the shit of the heat for us. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options

Personally, I'd rather have Nate over Hinrich. But someone will throw Nate some $$ after what he showed this year. And I think Hinrich is still under contract for next year. I like Hinrich, but he is just always hurt.

Definitely need a backup 5 and 3. The only issue is that they will probably only be able to throw the minimum at veterans like they did with this year's team. Unless they decide to amnesty Boozer, they don't have much flexibility.

Hopefully God lets Rose know in the offseason that he is ready to play again. :fp:

i don't think boozer is going anywhere.

are you are right, vet minimum salaries are coming in. not sure what is out there.

i enjoyed nate, but he can't guard anyone and he is too streaky. obvioulsy he won a few games this year, but then he goes 0-16 before going 4-11 midway thru game 5. so that's 4-27. can't have that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

i don't think boozer is going anywhere.

are you are right, vet minimum salaries are coming in. not sure what is out there.

i enjoyed nate, but he can't guard anyone and he is too streaky. obvioulsy he won a few games this year, but then he goes 0-16 before going 4-11 midway thru game 5. so that's 4-27. can't have that.

Yeah, they won't amnesty Boozer yet. Probably after next season when he only has 1 year left on that deal.

Yep, you had to live and die with Nate. Hopefully Gar and Paxson get creative and make some things happen this offseason.
  • Options
    sounds like Marco is out and Dunleavy Jr. is in

and then their is the whole Adams situation. not sure what's going on there, seems like a whole lot of unneeded drama
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    81 wrote:

and then their is the whole Adams situation. not sure what's going on there, seems like a whole lot of unneeded drama

Dunleavy is a good pick up IMO. Shot from 3 point range very well last year and if he can sit open and be there when DRose drives, he should have open looks.
    Be interesting to see who else we can pick up cheap.
    Also interesting if anything more comes from the aldrigdge rumours. Can't see the Bulls giving up Noah and there is no chance they take Boozer (who I don't think is terrible).
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Yeah, sounds like Thibs and Gar aren't seeing eye to eye. Sounds like Adams had been critical of some personnel moves and that's why he wasn't brought back. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be a huge issue.
  • Options
    rose looking explosive in the preseason, no fear at all!
  • Options
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1814 ... g-national

RoseUniversity, Class is in session!
  • Options
    Finally, he's back. Can't believe it has been 18 months since his last real game. I'm over all the bullshit from last year. This team is going to be good. Really fucking good. Bulls +5 tonight.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    well, at least they made it interesting...
  • Options
    Rough start. God do I hate the Heat. And their obnoxious PA announcer.
  • Options
    And their obnoxious PA announcer.
    He's got to be the worst in the NBA. Do you really need a carnival barker to pump the crowd up?

Oh, yeah. It's Miami. You probably do.
  • Options
    JTH wrote:
    And their obnoxious PA announcer.
    He's got to be the worst in the NBA. Do you really need a carnival barker to pump the crowd up?

Oh, yeah. It's Miami. You probably do.

They absolutely do. By far, the worst sports city in the country.
  • Options
    1-3. Rough start. Not too worried. I will say though that it would have been nice if Rose came back last year and worked out all the rust then instead of now. :fp:
  • Options
    Oh Oh......
    :( :( :( :( :(
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Damn, I wish these MRI results would come in.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Torn meniscus that will require surgery, out indefinitely.
    Guy can't catch a break.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Torn meniscus that will require surgery, out indefinitely.
    Guy can't catch a break.
    On the positive side, that is much better then an ACL or MCL tear. He could be back this season unless his camp is concerned about taking extra time for recovery.

I know guys in high school that tore their meniscus and didn't miss a game ... although they were not concerned about $ down the road.
  • Options
    Rose is out for the season. I thought he was supposed to miss 4-8 weeks. :fp:
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Awful news.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Brutal. Just brutal.
  • Options
    Really Rose??? They say you're out for the season and now you say maybe you can be ready for the playoffs???? Are we really going to have to suffer through the same bullshit as last season??? His PR team really needs to work with him.
  • Options
    Keep on losing! I'm usually not one for tanking, but this team really needs to tank. No point in getting in the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed and getting another mid to late round pick. Need to get in the lottery. The only problem is that the East is so bad. Bulls are 9-15 and only a 1/2 game out of the 8 seed. :fp:
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    OK, I admit it. I was all aboard the tank-it train. Hell, I probably could have qualified as the engineer.

But a couple months back, I accepted the reality that is the fact that there is no way in hell these players and this coach were going to pack it in.

And I'll be damned if this team isn't fun to watch. Do I think they're a contender in the East? Hell, no. They'll probably win their first round playoff series and they take it to 6 or 7 games in round 2 and I'm OK with that.