O2 DUBLIN - 22nd JUNE 2010!!

Comments

• woohoo!! just got myself and a friend standing tix for dublin thru o2!! a great early xmas present.. now to get the belfast tix sorted!! :)
  • i got a seated due to ridiculus ticketmaster system fecking up on me roll on 5pm & 6 :lol:
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    I'm really looking forward to returning to Dublin, short visit this time but it'll be grand. If I'm lucky enough to get GA standing tickets then they'll be picked up early and I may go back and check out St Stephens Green and the Celtic Whiskey shop on Dawson Street... need some fuel for Glasto after all! No Guinness Storehouse trip for me this time... where does the best pint in Dublin anyway?
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • wolfman wrote:
    i got a seated due to ridiculus ticketmaster system fecking up on me roll on 5pm & 6 :lol:

Wolfman, did you get 1 or 2 tickets? If 2, I'd be happy to swap my 10c standing for your seated (if I get some of course).
  • ilockyer wrote:
    I may go back and check out St Stephens Green and the Celtic Whiskey shop on Dawson Street... need some fuel for Glasto after all! No Guinness Storehouse trip for me this time... where does the best pint in Dublin anyway?

Some say Mulligan's on Poolbeg St does a better pint than the Storehouse. You may have to go to determine yourself. I've found too that the Brazen Head near Christchurch does a good pint too. It promotes itself as the oldest pub in Dublin and it's across the river from the Luas, which you can get all the way to the O2 now. It would be a good place for pre-gig drinks.
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Usually the best places for Guinness are non-touristy, old man pubs that are dirty and out of the way, basically pubs that play trad music on a regular basis. Hughes pub beside the 4 Courts Luas stop is a good one too.

If you dont like Guinness it's not a good place to go though!! :lol:
  • wolfman wrote:
    i got a seated due to ridiculus ticketmaster system fecking up on me roll on 5pm & 6 :lol:
    wolfman when i printed out my tix they said ground floor standing but also under number said G1 and a 3 digit number in the 500's which made me think that i had ended up with a tiered seated ticket too.. i rang o2 arena and he said aslong as it says ground floor standing on it then its a standing ticket? to be honest i am just hoping it IS a standing ticket, i have never been in the o2 arena before so dont know how the seating plans are numbered etc.. any one know better?
  • KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    You have a GA ticket. The number is simply for the promoter to keep track of the number of tickets printed and sold.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • wolfman wrote:
    wolfman when i printed out my tix they said ground floor standing but also under number said G1 and a 3 digit number in the 500's which made me think that i had ended up with a tiered seated ticket too.. i rang o2 arena and he said aslong as it says ground floor standing on it then its a standing ticket? to be honest i am just hoping it IS a standing ticket, i have never been in the o2 arena before so dont know how the seating plans are numbered etc.. any one know better?
    just checked yea mines a seated
    Speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Jennytree wrote:
    It takes me 2 hours to drive from south Dublin to Belfast city centre. Train takes about 3 hours - prebook on http://www.irishrail.ie.

A lot of the trains between Dublin and Belfast only take 1 and a half hours - the service is called the Entreprise but you'll see the quicker times when you go to book anyway.
    Slane - Jul 10, 1993
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    M.E.N. Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The 02 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    wolfman wrote:
    wolfman wrote:
    just checked yea mines a seated

Which seats did you get?
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    ilockyer wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to returning to Dublin, short visit this time but it'll be grand. If I'm lucky enough to get GA standing tickets then they'll be picked up early and I may go back and check out St Stephens Green and the Celtic Whiskey shop on Dawson Street... need some fuel for Glasto after all! No Guinness Storehouse trip for me this time... where does the best pint in Dublin anyway?

slatterys on the grand canal is one of the better places, but then again i would say that as i work there
  • PaddYank wrote:
    the Brazen Head near Christchurch does a good pint too. It promotes itself as the oldest pub in Dublin and it's across the river from the Luas, which you can get all the way to the O2 now. It would be a good place for pre-gig drinks.

Not that good. It might be on the Luas line, but it's the other end of the city to the O2. It's quite small and is generally full of tourists precisely because it promotes itself as the oldest pub in Dublin. There are many much better pubs.
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,270
    satansbed wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

slatterys on the grand canal is one of the better places, but then again i would say that as i work there

Free Guinness for Pearl Jam fans then? :lol:

Some good recommendations for the Guinness. I look forward to a good sampling session prior to the show! Maybe there should be a 10c Guinness trail to the o2 for those of us who don't want to be right at the front?
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    ilockyer wrote:
    satansbed wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Free Guinness for Pearl Jam fans then? :lol:

Some good recommendations for the Guinness. I look forward to a good sampling session prior to the show! Maybe there should be a 10c Guinness trail to the o2 for those of us who don't want to be right at the front?

i wont be working in june :D
  • PaddYank wrote:
    the Brazen Head near Christchurch does a good pint too. It promotes itself as the oldest pub in Dublin and it's across the river from the Luas, which you can get all the way to the O2 now. It would be a good place for pre-gig drinks.

Not that good. It might be on the Luas line, but it's the other end of the city to the O2. It's quite small and is generally full of tourists precisely because it promotes itself as the oldest pub in Dublin. There are many much better pubs.

OK, then maybe the Harbourmaster, it's one of the closest if not the closest pub to The O2. Someone on another board was thinking of doing a Wishlist Foundation fundraiser and I was thinking the Harbourmaster might be the best venue.
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    "Sin E" is a nice spot but still not very close to O2. God I can't even say O2. I miss the "Point".
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Looking for 2 Dublin tickets, for 2 UK TC members, TC (standing) mtix are preferable but hell we'll take anything even singles!
    Cheers
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • MINDWIREUK wrote:
    Looking for 2 Dublin tickets, for 2 UK TC members, TC (standing) mtix are preferable but hell we'll take anything even singles!
    Cheers
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=119380
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    The Harbourmaster is a good suggestion, but even on weeknights its quite busy with all the people who work in the area (the part of Dublin from the Harbourmaster over to the O2 is a financial/banking district).
    So its a great pub, but you'll need to be there before the regular punters.

The Ferrymans on the south side of the river (across the new footbridge) is also a great pub.
  • JordyWordy wrote:
    Usually the best places for Guinness are non-touristy, old man pubs that are dirty and out of the way, basically pubs that play trad music on a regular basis. Hughes pub beside the 4 Courts Luas stop is a good one too.

when I was workin on the building sites, all the old men used to love the Palace on Fleet Street and said it had the best guinness :oops: . Terrible terrible pub... I was in there with them once and lost count of how many times I was told I should be married at my age :shock: :lol: (which was probably 24 at the time)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • JordyWordy wrote:

when I was workin on the building sites, all the old men used to love the Palace on Fleet Street and said it had the best guinness :oops: . Terrible terrible pub... I was in there with them once and lost count of how many times I was told I should be married at my age :shock: :lol: (which was probably 24 at the time)
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    JordyWordy wrote:

wisdom the old can't give away... :-)
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
    Hey H!

I've just noticed you joined this place on the day of my 28th birthday! That's funny :-)
    edited December 2009
    JordyWordy wrote:

That is a truly awful place! The Westmoreland pub around the corner tho, i kinda like. Whats the name of that earlybird pub beside Tara St Dart Station? That's real rough stuff....

:D8-) Creepy auld fellas fancying their odds eh? They're such players. ;)

Hehe, im 24 now, and I'm starting to hear the same thing from old the old dears where i work now. They're trying to set me up with people purely on the basis of being a similar age to them, its cringeworthy stuff!! But I love it secretly.

My favourite dingy pubs in town are The Swan on Aungier St, Donoghues on Leeson St, The International, or the Sackville Inn. Damn, im a sucker for dives! :D

Come to think of it, MacTurcaills off Pearse St is another good Pre-O2 pub. Great pub.
    Post edited by JordyWordy on
    I almost feel too posh now to say I go to Grogan's...
    I say I love them, but its probably because i hardly ever go that helps keep the love alive.

Grogans, Brogans ...i always mix them up but theyre both great spots.

Sure there's a few great pubs on every street...spoiled for choice. :D

All this talk is making me fierce thirsty.....
    I'm actually going for a few myself!

Still have to celebrate getting all these tickets! My own Xmas pressies :-)

Hey Helen, when are you coming over for a few yourself? :-D
  • danleri wrote:

I'll be home for Christmas (in Cavan though) but I'm going to TRY and get a night out on the 28th in Dublin (would be the only night I'm out IF I'm out... really want to but will completely depend on funds at that stage :oops:

Jenny said she'll be around, do you think you'd be around that date? Sure if I can't make it you can all have a few anywho :D Ya don't need me for a meet up. What about you too Jordy?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    danleri wrote:

I'll be home for Christmas (in Cavan though) but I'm going to TRY and get a night out on the 28th in Dublin (would be the only night I'm out IF I'm out... really want to but will completely depend on funds at that stage :oops:

Jenny said she'll be around, do you think you'd be around that date? Sure if I can't make it you can all have a few anywho :D Ya don't need me for a meet up. What about you too Jordy?

going home from 22 to 5 :-(

it's gonna have to be in June then... :-)