O2 DUBLIN - 22nd JUNE 2010!!

Comments

• Is this the old Point Theatre, where they played in 06? I had really crap seats right at the back, but they weren't 10c. Did anyone get 10c seats for the 06 gig, and were they any good?!
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    yay!!! Remember to pack for all types of weather ;)
    that's the first advice i was given when i said i was going to ireland in june! :D
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    JimNastics wrote:
    Is this the old Point Theatre, where they played in 06? I had really crap seats right at the back, but they weren't 10c. Did anyone get 10c seats for the 06 gig, and were they any good?!
    Yes it is, but it's been completely revamped now and It's a brilliant arena now. Seating arrangements, even for GA, are 10 times better.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • I will be there as long as I can get tickets okay . :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • JimNastics wrote:
    Is this the old Point Theatre, where they played in 06? I had really crap seats right at the back, but they weren't 10c. Did anyone get 10c seats for the 06 gig, and were they any good?!
    Yes it is, but it's been completely revamped now and It's a brilliant arena now. Seating arrangements, even for GA, are 10 times better.

Well I'm all over this gig then!! We loved Dublin so much, can't wait to get back there, we're going to make a mini-break out of it :)
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Im thinking of making the trip to Ireland to visit and make it to 2 shows
  • Hope the Leaving Certs over by then :S
  • redmosquito85redmosquito85 Posts: 153
    edited December 2009
    GN308015 wrote:
    Hope the Leaving Certs over by then :S

I think we all know whats more important! Sure I did feck all in school and college and am now stuck in a dead end job I hate BUT I have got to see PJ 11 times since :P
    GN308015 wrote:
    Aww shit? Are you doing yours this year? Good luck mate.
  • thanks man, shit thing about it is that LC starts 5 days later than normal (9th Jun) so i just hoping the show doesn't collide with tests.
  • How far is it by train from Dublin to Belfast?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • GN308015 wrote:
    thanks man, shit thing about it is that LC starts 5 days later than normal (9th Jun) so i just hoping the show doesn't collide with tests.

What subjects you doing, some like economics are always later. Have the CAO released the timetable yet??
    Hope it works out for ya
  • How far is it by train from Dublin to Belfast?

Only an hour and a half. Train is definitely the way to go if you're considering both gigs.
    Slane - Jul 10, 1993
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    M.E.N. Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The 02 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
  • JaymacJaymac Posts: 513
    How far is it by train from Dublin to Belfast?

90 minutes, but the line has already collapsed once this year into the sea. I would take the bus if I were you ;)

Nah, the train is fine, but the bus is much cheaper (€8 for a single I think) and takes about 2-2 1/2 hours...
    23/08/2006 - Dublin; 29/08/2006 - Arnhem; 30/08/2006 - Antwerp; 18/06/2007 - London; 18/08/2009 - London<br>

Proud member of the European Touring Bus 2006!
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    the new 02 is a vast improvement on the old cowshed that was the Point.

have seen em each time they played there but havin been to the 02 already this is gonna be immense.

tix will sell very fast i'd say so the pre sale better get sorted asap.
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Are TC tickets GA for these shows? I know there are seats, but are the seats at the front or only in the stands?
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Are TC tickets GA for these shows? I know there are seats, but are the seats at the front or only in the stands?
    Going on past experience. yes they are, and seats are NEVER in front of GA.
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Red Lukin wrote:

Thanks
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    This will sell out like a muthafucka...I know a load of my friends have been saying to me recently that they would love to see PJ and are all planning on going to the O2 :shock: We need presale TC PLEASSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    I need a coffee!
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:

Thanks

There are standing tickets, but not that many. The arena is an amphitheatre shape, so the standing space is relatively limited. (compared to the 02 in London for example).
  • hey stop post bullshit and post wher will be the pre-party at 21th and where we will be drunk... :D ..mmmuuuttthhhaaaafffuuuucccckkkkaaaaaaaa :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    guys have been following threads but dont normaly post,
    the wife posted in august before we went to shep bush,berlin an o2
    were the scotish couple with the kids in toe(met some good freinds on tour)
    went from shep bush to berlin an spent time there before going back to o2
    berlin was awsome would defo recomend it venue and city were magic
    am gona try an do as amy as pos this time defo for dublin,belfast,london an berlin
    hopin for france,spain an portugal to cannae wait( hope i meet some of you on our travels)
    :D
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Pke wrote:
    guys have been following threads but dont normaly post,
    the wife posted in august before we went to shep bush,berlin an o2
    were the scotish couple with the kids in toe(met some good freinds on tour)
    went from shep bush to berlin an spent time there before going back to o2
    berlin was awsome would defo recomend it venue and city were magic
    am gona try an do as amy as pos this time defo for dublin,belfast,london an berlin
    hopin for france,spain an portugal to cannae wait( hope i meet some of you on our travels)

I remeber you lot from Sheperds Bush. Your wife went to see Mudhoney in Edinburugh as well i believe.

Great gig for your kids 1st PJ gig. I'll be at Dublin & Belfast so maybe i'll see you there...
  • TopBombingTopBombing Posts: 18
    edited December 2009
    Really looking forward to this gig in Dublin, and up the road then to Belfast!!

50 miles to Dublin, back and then another 50 up to Belfast, magic!!

Post edited by TopBombing on
  • pdalowsky wrote:
    A quick query for you Irish guys and gals

I'm keen to do Dublin and Belfast. however I will defo be travelling with my wife and my 1 year old, so how easy is the travel from Dublin to Belfast?

Its piss easy man. Like a 2 hour drive, maybe a little more. Both are great places. :) Enjoy
    DUBLIN~~22-6-10
    BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"
  • SG GhazSG Ghaz Posts: 148
    See you all in Dublin and Belfast! Can't wait, will be our 3rd and 4th PJ gigs.
    Manchester & London 2009
    Dublin, Belfast & Werchter 2010
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 & Oslo 2012
  • GN308015 wrote:

I think we all know whats more important! Sure I did feck all in school and college and am now stuck in a dead end job I hate BUT I have got to see PJ 11 times since :P

Im still a wee 5th year.
    Arent i glad :)
    DUBLIN~~22-6-10
    BELFAST~~23-6-10

"Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,"
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    It takes me 2 hours to drive from south Dublin to Belfast city centre. Train takes about 3 hours - prebook on http://www.irishrail.ie.

Tickets for these shows WILL sell out VERY quickly. Dublin '06 sold out in about 2 minutes. :shock:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    Mossyx360 wrote:
    GN308015 wrote:

Im still a wee 5th year.
    Arent i glad :)

wait till ye get to college, best year of my life so far, so pearl jam 2wice in the summer as well and 3 times next summer all things go to paln :D:D:D
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    Great start to the day,just got o2 tickets for me & 3 friends. 8-) Now to pick up some TC tickets to belfast later on!