O2 DUBLIN - 22nd JUNE 2010!!

124»

Comments

• JordyWordy wrote:
    when I was workin on the building sites, all the old men used to love the Palace on Fleet Street and said it had the best guinness :oops: . Terrible terrible pub... I was in there with them once and lost count of how many times I was told I should be married at my age :shock: :lol: (which was probably 24 at the time)

That is a truly awful place! The Westmoreland pub around the corner tho, i kinda like. Whats the name of that earlybird pub beside Tara St Dart Station? That's real rough stuff....

:D8-) Creepy auld fellas fancying their odds eh? They're such players. ;)

Hehe, im 24 now, and I'm starting to hear the same thing from old the old dears where i work now. They're trying to set me up with people purely on the basis of being a similar age to them, its cringeworthy stuff!! But I love it secretly.

My favourite dingy pubs in town are The Swan on Aungier St, Donoghues on Leeson St, The International, or the Sackville Inn. Damn, im a sucker for dives! :D

Come to think of it, MacTurcaills off Pearse St is another good Pre-O2 pub. Great pub.
    oh the white horse :? used to walk by there on me way to work... what a dump!

we all know everyone wants to go to Whelans though... think whelans should be the night before :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • danleri wrote:
    danleri wrote:
    I'm actually going for a few myself!

Still have to celebrate getting all these tickets! My own Xmas pressies :-)

Hey Helen, when are you coming over for a few yourself? :-D
    I'll be home for Christmas (in Cavan though) but I'm going to TRY and get a night out on the 28th in Dublin (would be the only night I'm out IF I'm out... really want to but will completely depend on funds at that stage :oops:

Jenny said she'll be around, do you think you'd be around that date? Sure if I can't make it you can all have a few anywho :D Ya don't need me for a meet up. What about you too Jordy?

going home from 22 to 5 :-(

it's gonna have to be in June then... :-)
    :oops: and I'll be home from 23rd to 4th :) it woulda been great to catch up over christmas... but hey... what's another 6 months? :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    MacTurcaills my fav carvery pub! They also recently installed some tables with taps, Carlsberg and Guinness so you can pour your own pint!

We could organise a competition between more tables... that would be very nice :-D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
    :oops: and I'll be home from 23rd to 4th :) it woulda been great to catch up over christmas... but hey... what's another 6 months? :D

and what a hell of an occasion for a meet up eh... :-D
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • danleri wrote:
    MacTurcaills my fav carvery pub! They also recently installed some tables with taps, Carlsberg and Guinness so you can pour your own pint!

We could organise a competition between more tables... that would be very nice :-D
    :D that sounds fab... also cos it's a week night we don't have to worry about pubs being too busy :D

I know I've been in there for a work night once... I can't really remember though, think I liked it :D

Sin e was a great suggestion though... love that place :oops: it's not really MUCH further though, is it? And directions would be easier :D straight down and it's on yer right.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • danleri wrote:

and what a hell of an occasion for a meet up eh... :-D
    Like we need an occasion :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    danleri wrote:

:D that sounds fab... also cos it's a week night we don't have to worry about pubs being too busy :D

I know I've been in there for a work night once... I can't really remember though, think I liked it :D

Sin e was a great suggestion though... love that place :oops: it's not really MUCH further though, is it? And directions would be easier :D straight down and it's on yer right.

was there only recently for a friend's leaving party, we were thrashed... great music and great atmosphere...
    not that far away from O2 and yes on the same quay side...

but then again I'm morbidly attracted by the tap tables... :-D
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    There's also the Lombard, about 10mins away from the O2?
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • danleri wrote:
    danleri wrote:

was there only recently for a friend's leaving party, we were thrashed... great music and great atmosphere...
    not that far away from O2 and yes on the same quay side...

but then again I'm morbidly attracted by the tap tables... :-D

:D right now I'm morbidly attracted to Dublin pubs... ahhh... I haven't had a night out in Dublin in over a year :o :? :( that can't be right, surely?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    danleri wrote:

I'll be home for Christmas (in Cavan though) but I'm going to TRY and get a night out on the 28th in Dublin (would be the only night I'm out IF I'm out... really want to but will completely depend on funds at that stage :oops:

Jenny said she'll be around, do you think you'd be around that date? Sure if I can't make it you can all have a few anywho :D Ya don't need me for a meet up. What about you too Jordy?

Im not around on the 28th! Ive missed all the meet ups before, looks like ill maintain that record this year. Im usually tied up the whole christmas week with family dinners etc. I will keep my eye firmly on this page tho cos i keep meaning to raid these meet ups....
  • JordyWordy wrote:
    danleri wrote:

Im not around on the 28th! Ive missed all the meet ups before, looks like ill maintain that record this year. Im usually tied up the whole christmas week with family dinners etc. I will keep my eye firmly on this page tho cos i keep meaning to raid these meet ups....

:D well I doubt you'll miss the meet up in June? Should be a good one :P
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • nutmeg81nutmeg81 Posts: 627
    i'm back from my liverpool xmas trip on the 28th.....so maybe in dublin that night.

Madness are playin the 02 aswell!
    26/10/96 dublin
    01/06/00 dublin
    23/08/06 dublin
    11/09/06 paris
    18/06/07 london
    17/08/09 manchester
    18/08/09 london
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Tables with taps?

That's just asking for people to develop massive alcohol problems!

So, where is this place? Seems like I won't be spending my whole time in Whelans when I'm there!
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!