Darrelle Revis of the Jets is the best defensive player...

The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
without a fucking doubt....
'I want to hurry home to you
put on a slow, dumb show for you
and crack you up
so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
god I'm very, very frightening
and I'll overdo it'
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I'm thinking Jared Allen of the Vikings myself ... or Darren Sharper of the Saints.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    jimed14 wrote:
    I'm thinking Jared Allen of the Vikings myself ... or Darren Sharper of the Saints.

Are you sure you're not thinking this way because of the Jets record?
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • I say Darren Sharper as well.
    NERDS!
    Revis has shut down everyfuckingone..it's unbelievable..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    I say Darren Sharper as well.

Sharper has been fantastic, but Revis is on an island by himself....too bad the Jets suck..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Sharper has twice as many INTs and has taken 3 back for TDs ...

Allen's been a beast.

Revis has been really good as well ... just think the other two have made more of an impact.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Sharper has twice as many INTs and has taken 3 back for TDs ...

Allen's been a beast.

Revis has been really good as well ... just think the other two have made more of an impact.

Obviously Revis hasn't gotten the national recognition he deserves because the Jets suck as per usual....shutdown corner by definition..5 ints, with minimum opportunities..this guy is sick..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    again, Revis has had a great year ... but you said he was defensive POY "without a fucking doubt.... " and I tihnk there is plenty of doubt.

jimed14 wrote:
    again, Revis has had a great year ... but you said he was defensive POY "without a fucking doubt.... " and I tihnk there is plenty of doubt.

Fair enough..just saying, had the Jets be a better team, there would be no doubt.....nevertheless, he is the best corner..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • WEEK OPP PLAYER STATS Fant Pts 2009 Avg Pts Below Season Avg
    1 HOU Andre Johnson 4-35 3 11.8 8.8
    2 NE Randy Moss 4-24 2 14.6 12.6
    4 NO Marques Colston 2-33 3 11.3 8.3
    6 BUF Terrell Owens 3-13 1 8.7 7.7
    10 JAX Mike Sims-Walker 3-49-1 10 10.4 0.4
    11 NE Randy Moss 5-34-1 9 14.6 5.6
    12 CAR Steve Smith 1-5 0 8.2 8.2
    Total 22-193-2 28 79.6 51.6
    And he held TO to 3 catches for 31 yds tonight. I think Revis and jared Allen should be co-def Mvp. Sharper is having a great year but hes far from a shut down corner. Revis is a fantasy football headache when u have a stud Wr going against him. Jared Allen is a machine that dosen't ever slow down ask A.Rodgers.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    WEEK OPP PLAYER STATS Fant Pts 2009 Avg Pts Below Season Avg
    And he held TO to 3 catches for 31 yds tonight. I think Revis and jared Allen should be co-def Mvp. Sharper is having a great year but hes far from a shut down corner. Revis is a fantasy football headache when u have a stud Wr going against him. Jared Allen is a machine that dosen't ever slow down ask A.Rodgers.

Thats good stuff. Revis has been a beast. He is surely one of if not the best CB in the league right now.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Revis = defensive player of the year
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,992
    Sharper. Hands down.
  • Revis is awesome. Consistently shutting down the opposing team's top WR. He killed me in fantasy last week shutting down Steve Smith!
  • Sharper will get it because of the stats but Revis is the better player. Sharper is good but with the Saints always up he gets to ball hawk in the secondary. Teams will go away from Revis because he is outstanding. Not a lot of chances to get picks.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Revis is the best CB in NFL right now, but you could make and argument for Allen or Sharper. Revis main problem is the Jets are just OK. Same problem Nnamdi Asomugha has had, and I can't beleive he stayed with the Raiders. Sharper and Allen are winning.

And yes I am still bitter the Jets picked him right before the Steelers a few years ago.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • The Champ wrote:
    of the year without a fucking doubt....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyPtJF-IgPc

When you get smoked for a TD by Ginn, you're not that good.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • The Champ wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm surprised Ginn didn't drop that ball. I wish they would just get rid of him. Terrible, no balls.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • The Champ wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm surprised Ginn didn't drop that ball. I wish they would just get rid of him. Terrible, no balls.

You're telling me!

Check this out....it's as funny as it is depressing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSxJgjjJFc
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Revis is awesome. Consistently shutting down the opposing team's top WR. He killed me in fantasy last week shutting down Steve Smith!

Aww, c'mon ... let's be real. EVERYONE has shut down Steve Smith this year.

(Courtesy of Jake Delhomme)

Sharper will get it because of the stats but Revis is the better player. Sharper is good but with the Saints always up he gets to ball hawk in the secondary. Teams will go away from Revis because he is outstanding. Not a lot of chances to get picks.

Exactly, without question Revis is the best corner in the league..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    Revis is the best CB in NFL right now, but you could make and argument for Allen or Sharper. Revis main problem is the Jets are just OK. Same problem Nnamdi Asomugha has had, and I can't beleive he stayed with the Raiders. Sharper and Allen are winning.

And yes I am still bitter the Jets picked him right before the Steelers a few years ago.

Yup, hopefully the Jets make a run and he'll get the proper recognition.....and bitter?? Are you kidding me? I'd kill for a championship at this point..for the Jets or the Mets..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:

You're right, Revis sucks...
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    WEEK OPP PLAYER STATS Fant Pts 2009 Avg Pts Below Season Avg

And one of T.O.'s catches came via the zone, so not really on Revis..lol....he smacked the shit out of T.O. a few times also, anyone catch that?? Really broke his spirit.....this guy is unbelievable....post-game he was pretty hard on himself too..he felt he should have had at least 3 interceptions..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Ed Reed by a landslide.
    Ed Reed by a landslide.

Not anymore..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • jimed14 wrote:
    Revis is awesome. Consistently shutting down the opposing team's top WR. He killed me in fantasy last week shutting down Steve Smith!

Aww, c'mon ... let's be real. EVERYONE has shut down Steve Smith this year.

(Courtesy of Jake Delhomme)

True. Delhomme has been killing me this year. For as terrible as he is, Smith has been OK for fantasy purposes this year, but defintely way below expecatations...
  • Revis is the best CB in NFL right now, but you could make and argument for Allen or Sharper. Revis main problem is the Jets are just OK. Same problem Nnamdi Asomugha has had, and I can't beleive he stayed with the Raiders. Sharper and Allen are winning.

Asomugha is awesome...he only stayed with Oakland because he couldn't turn down $15 mill a year.....the Raiders are a joke of an organization.
    The best:

T.O. doesn't pass the test against Revis

by Matt Bowen
    December 04, 02009

Terrell Owens will not receive a passing grade for his performance last night in the Bills’ 19-13 loss to the Jets in Toronto.

Three receptions, 31 yards and no touchdowns in a primetime game—an atmosphere that T.O. used to dominate, used to stand out and used to put the league on notice that he was a threat to take over a game.

However, that was before he was matched up with Jets CB Darrelle Revis, who did nothing but reinforce the fact that in the 2009 season there is no one better at playing man-to-man coverage—and taking a player out of the game plan.

Yet, these are the matchups that Owens used to win—and win easily—because of his ability to be physical off of the line of scrimmage and because of his separation speed once the ball was in the air.

Darrelle Revis and Terrell OwensAPDarrelle Revis was able to contain Terrell Owens last night in the Jets' victory over the Bills.

However, did you see that last night in Toronto?

I didn’t. I didn’t see Owens go up after the ball and I didn’t see him separate down the field. Instead, I saw a corner in Revis who could play over the top of T.O. and mirror his release and routes playing man coverage from an off-man position—something I wrote about earlier this week and something that is challenging to do as a CB at this level of football. The Bills even used motion to put Owens in movement before the snap to try to gain an advantage.

But, it was to no avail against Revis.

Like I’ve said, Revis is playing the best football of anyone at his position this year—better than Champ, Woodson, etc—but we used to expect T.O. to win these matchups, regardless. However, even after Owens started producing big numbers over the last two weeks in Buffalo (14 receptions, 283 yards and 2 TDs), last night proved that Owens will struggle against the league’s best.

And I am wondering what that will do for the wide receiver when free agency comes around this spring. Do we now look at Owens as a player who is just an added bonus—if you can get him for a bargain price—or is he just another guy, a hopeful that you can plug in as your No. 2 or your No. 3 while the big money is spent elsewhere?

I was ready to call Owens a bust earlier this season, but I held off because of the situation he was in—playing for an offense that did not have an identity and playing with a QB in Trent Edwards who would have trouble finding a starting job outside of Buffalo. And then, after Dick Jauron was fired as head coach, T.O. started to show up. He was making plays, and he was getting open down the field.

I am still not ready to call Owens a bust, because he can still make some plays. But when matched up against the best, it is obvious that T.O. can’t pass the test—and that will hurt him when he becomes a free agent yet again.

We can argue all we want, but when scouts turn on the film from last night, they will see a receiver that doesn’t look as imposing as he once was.

Follow me on Twitter: MattBowen41
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The Champ wrote:

this is meant as an insult to Ginn

Pearl Jam bootlegs: