Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    What a shit show....told you to go big
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    What a shit show....told you to go big

Bulls look terrible. With Deng and Hamilton out, Boozer or Noah have to step up and they both look like shit tonight.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    81 wrote:
    chicago_bulls_logo_3120.gif
    Shit show....

At least pops took me out for dinner
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Probably the best win of the year for the sixers! Awesome win and defiantly proves that they are for real this year to any people that thought it was just cus of the soft schedule. Lets hope they can keep it up through these next few tough games.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,466
    81 wrote:
    :lol:

just sayin...the sixers are no longer the doormat of the league. .

i've been trying to tell this to anyone who would listen for the past year or so

i think the sixers can beat anyone other than the heat and bulls in the east.

also....LAVOY ALLEN! :clap::clap::clap:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    Mr. Juggs...did you get your tickets?

some nice seats for cheap on stub hub. :x

nah not tonight
    www.myspace.com
    Even with Deng and Hamilton out that's a legit win right there. This D is for real.
    Even with Deng and Hamilton out that's a legit win right there. This D is for real.
    Deng makes a huge difference....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

i think hawes and vucevic being out kind of evened that out almost.

i can't get over how well lavoy allen has played.

holiday played great....just realized it now but iguadala was close to another triple double.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

Still a legitimate statement win. Shoulda coulda woulda - your squad got trounced. Even with Deng in it doesnt make any different on the D-side of the ball. Offense plays to what the D gives up, so let's just say the score then goes to 105-98 if he's in the game. Sixers play to what their opponents give up. That's why they only put up an awful 74 to Orlando's 69.

i think hawes and vucevic being out kind of evened that out almost.

i can't get over how well lavoy allen has played.

holiday played great....just realized it now but iguadala was close to another triple double.

To an extent you can say that. I'd say Allen's overachieving is making up for Hawes' overachieving.

I still want Iggy gone. I don't think I'll ever want him on this team, even if he put up Wilt-like numbers. If the Phillies won the World Series with Abreu and he won MVP of the league and playoffs, I'd still want him gone. It's the same thing.
    iguadala is just maddening to me. one minute he's clanking open jump shot after open jump shot and jumping in the air with no idea what to do with the ball, the next minute he's defending like one of the best players in the league......then he goes and airball's a foul shot. :?

so i hear ya...i like him more than bob abreu though. could finally be an all star this year.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,758
    81 wrote:

just sayin...the sixers are no longer the doormat of the league. .

i've been trying to tell this to anyone who would listen for the past year or so

i think the sixers can beat anyone other than the heat and bulls in the east.

also....LAVOY ALLEN! :clap::clap::clap:

I call him My Boy Allen :lol:

Great win, only thing that sucked was the fans didn't get their Big Macs.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Nice win with our 3rd and 4th string centers playing. Iggy was starting to hot dog a bit with the a behind the back pass but those 3 consecutive possesions, dunk, dunk, 3pt, kind of put the game away.

BTW, the charging call on Iggy after the push in the back into a sliding Rose were 2 of the worst no calls/bad calls I've ever seen.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Lavoy Allen from Pennsbury. We had troy Vincent,Allen and torian Jones from notre dame basketball.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    iguadala is just maddening to me. one minute he's clanking open jump shot after open jump shot and jumping in the air with no idea what to do with the ball, the next minute he's defending like one of the best players in the league......then he goes and airball's a foul shot. :?

so i hear ya...i like him more than bob abreu though. could finally be an all star this year.

igoudala - the most under-appreciated player in basketball ... maybe next to andre miller ...

this team would would be barely a .500 team without him and that is only because they are playing in the eastern conference ...
  • also....LAVOY ALLEN! :clap::clap::clap:

:D:D:D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    polaris_x wrote:

igoudala - the most under-appreciated player in basketball ... maybe next to andre miller ...

this team would would be barely a .500 team without him and that is only because they are playing in the eastern conference ...

they would be over .500 without him. they played decent without him last year when turner got more of his minutes.

but he's definitely leading them this year in more ways than just scoring......still, he has some glaring deficiencies in his game that you don't see if you're not watching them night in, night out. his jumper is pretty ugly to watch. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    they would be over .500 without him. they played decent without him last year when turner got more of his minutes.

but he's definitely leading them this year in more ways than just scoring......still, he has some glaring deficiencies in his game that you don't see if you're not watching them night in, night out. his jumper is pretty ugly to watch. :lol:

oh ... i've been watching iggy ever since we passed up on him ... for sure his shot is ugly but he's shooting over 46% from the field and almost 39% from 3 so ... it's working ... but like i've been saying - it's the intangibles he brings to the team that get unnoticed ... his defense, his hustly, his running the floor, his team first mentality ... he's averaging 10 shots a game ... that's not a lot and shows someone who is willing to take what the defense gives him ...

having said that - he's not likely to be the focal point of a championship run ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:

oh ... i've been watching iggy ever since we passed up on him ... for sure his shot is ugly but he's shooting over 46% from the field and almost 39% from 3 so ... it's working ... but like i've been saying - it's the intangibles he brings to the team that get unnoticed ... his defense, his hustly, his running the floor, his team first mentality ... he's averaging 10 shots a game ... that's not a lot and shows someone who is willing to take what the defense gives him ...

having said that - he's not likely to be the focal point of a championship run ... :lol:

well he's a career 32% shooter from 3 point range (usually one of the lowest in the league) so he's well above his career average there. i don't know if that will last all year. and he's been more efficient with his scoring/shots attempted since collins made him a sort of point/forward last year. it's definitely made a big difference.

overall i agree with you, especially with the intangibles and defense (if he's not 1st team all nba defense there is something wrong). but he should be a much better free throw shooter, he's always bad in the clutch, and he has a tendancy to disapear for long stretches of a game......all that said, he's been real good this year and deserves to be an all star.
    www.myspace.com
    this article is great and sums up this team's turnaround, both on the court and off, perfectly. it's written by a dude who has been pretty critical of the team over the past decade too. libertyballers.com is a pretty cool sixers blog by the way.

...and if your'e still not back on this team's bandwagon yet, saddle up partner :mrgreen:

http://www.libertyballers.com/2012/2/2/ ... ug-collins

Finally, Unabashed Optimism About Our Philadelphia 76ers

Since this blog came into existence, the Sixers have gone from decent to mediocre to terrible to mediocre again. The 2012 Lockout-shortened version of this team, no different on its surface from last year's squad, seemed destined to follow in its footsteps. Despite a young club with a number of very appealing high-upside players, optimism wasn't running rampant around these parts for any chunk of time.

"Dark have been my dreams of late." Now, at long last, that has come to an end.

This team is terrific any way you slice it. They're a well-coached group of overachievers that, with Marreese Speights in Graceland, really buys into Doug Collins' system and the way he does things. He's gotten them to the point where not having a superstar scorer works to their advantage. That's virtually unheard of. They're playing at a legendary level of team defense, and the excuse that their schedule has been soft no longer applies. Twist it and turn it however you'd like, these Sixers are 100% for real.
    It's not that the win over the Bulls vaults them to legitimacy. They were already legitimate beforehand, just without that marquee win to hang their hat on. You don't beat teams by 20+ points in the NBA with regularity and still get considered a middling club. They've been right there all along. Two in a row against two of the best players in the league in Dwight Howard and Derrick Rose just makes it that much clearer.

What this means moving forward is that Sixers fans can, on the one hand, start thinking about a playoff run going into May, and on the other, talk to people that have similarly started to care about the Sixers again. The obligatory "since Iverson left" applies because the city just hasn't cared about the Sixers without him. It's no longer relevance that's back in Philadelphia. It's dreams of contention. And they're not that far off.

These Sixers are capable of beating any team in the league. And not like, oh here's a lucky win because the other team was napping. There aren't anymore trap games. There aren't anymore surprises. They're tied for first place in the Eastern Conference in the loss column (along with Chicago, Miami, Indiana, and Atlanta - wow) and lead the NBA in home wins with 12. One third of the way through the season, they're not punking anybody.

As the team now stands, they still can't be considered one of the few teams capable of winning a championship. They're just not there yet. And that's OK! Because erstwhile dreams of tanking for draft picks and expiring contracts are no longer within the realm of possibility and neither are they desirable. The past ten years taught us that winning to stay mediocre netted no big free agents nor a loyal fanbase. But what's past is prologue, and Collins has gotten them way past mediocre. While the city of Philadelphia may never be a desirable NBA locale, the team is certainly appealing enough, with a fun bunch of guys that share the basketball and win games. The likelihood that a prized free agent would come to town is now significantly greater than that of winning the lottery and landing a franchise player though the draft. As unlikely as it may be, this team muscled their way past the plateau and rode their coach to the gates of the Promised Land.

The days of Suckfest are behind us. We are now in a Buyer's era. The better the Sixers play, the more some unnamed world class center would consider putting on a Sixers jersey and not just for when he plays dress-up. It's a new age, friends. Embrace those former deserters who've been unseen since 2001 and relish the newfound excitement for a Sixers team that couldn't be any more likable. They might not be there yet, but they're close - and now, finally, winning games doesn't mean prolonged mediocrity and hollow successes. Let's enjoy this team the way we're supposed to, the way our 12-year-old selves knew how.

Bring on Miami.
    www.myspace.com
    Def. not gonna miss this one. I think they can pull it out. :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Def. not gonna miss this one. I think they can pull it out. :)

heading out to watch the game with a few people in a couple minutes...wish hawes was playing
    www.myspace.com
    fell asleep in the middle of the 3rd quarter and woke up they were doing the post game live report on comcast :lol: :x Looks like i didn't miss too much :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Bring on Miami.

oh...it was brought :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Bring on Miami.

oh...it was brought :lol:

similar to what we did to you guys a couple days ago, eh? :eh:

went cold in the 3rd. for some reason they stopped moving the ball around in the 4th.

no time to dwell. atlanta tonight. they really need vuc and hawes back asap. vuc played garbage time last night. if he was ready to play, why did he only play then? i don't understand that...
    www.myspace.com