*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited October 2015
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

you don't win anything in this stupid league without star players. the only ways to obtain them is through free agency, trade, and the draft.

they attempted to trade for a super star center and that failed because he was injured.

then no free agent was going to come here with the way the team was constructed when hinkie took over plus they had no cap room at the time.

gotta have patience.

they're gonna be bad this year, but I think they could take a nice step next year if things actually go their way. but again, the point is, the previously way failed for such a long time, intelligent fans are willing to sacrifice a few years to take a chance at greatness. sadly, that is something the snyder regime was unwilling to do.
    so you think an healthy Embiid is worth 15 or so wins? holy shit dude. it took something like 38 wins to make the playoffs in an awful Eastern Conference last year and this team isn't winning more than 20-25 this year. so really he is worth up to 13-18 wins? ab-so-fucking-lute insanity

and embiid will never be healthy. big man with bad feet (and bad attitude apparently) is a really bad combo. two surgeries already. forget anticipating any contribution from him and be thankful if you get anything at any point from him.

Also Saric isn't coming until the 2017-2018 season. if he waits until then he is no longer under the constraints of the rookie pay wage and can negotiate a free agent contract with the Sixers. With the salary cap taking a huge jump next year he would be crazy to sign here before 2017-2018. not happening. i would think a superfan like yourself would know these important details :smirk:
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

you don't win anything in this stupid league without star players. the only ways to obtain them is through free agency, trade, and the draft.

they attempted to trade for a super star center and that failed because he was injured.

then no free agent was going to come here with the way the team was constructed when hinkie took over plus they had no cap room at the time.

so they were left with a couple options-- go the mediocre route yet again and win 30-38 games a year like the snYder regime was so happy with (and which i know you disliked since you've previously said you gave up paying attention to this team after ai and lb left) or sacrifice a few seasons in an attempt to land a superstar or two in the draft and take a chance at greatness. I really admire this team for taking a chance. there is no guaranteed result either way but the previous failed for so long, why not try this route?

fans are impatient (strangely, even ones who gave up on the team over a decade ago like you) and want to win now--unfortunately that is not how it works in the deeply flawed nba.

gotta have patience.

you didn't answer my question. how many years of atrocious basketball is acceptable? we are looking at year 3 now. we are probably looking at 3 to 4 more years until respectability/back end of the playoffs. is 7 years for respectability acceptable? does Hinkie really get 7 years?

I agree the path to greatness in the NBA is having a top draft pick and getting a stud but they are 3 years in and i don't see greatness on the horizon.
    how many is acceptable? gee, I don't know, skip bayless. what an odd question. how many years of mediocre basketball is acceptable to you? because that is what this team has been for most of the last 30 years.

if embied was healthy, I think they would've been a playoff-ish team this year. next year hopefully he is back. saric is back. and you have multiple first round picks including 2 probably in the top 5 and an abundance of cash to spend. I don't think this team is as far away as people like you, bayless, cataldi, eskin, bob ford, marcus hayes and whatever dumb old school sports writer looking to make a splash with a "HOT TAKE" makes it out to be.

they're gonna be bad this year, but I think they could take a nice step next year if things actually go their way. but again, the point is, the previously way failed for such a long time, intelligent fans are willing to sacrifice a few years to take a chance at greatness. sadly, that is something the snyder regime was unwilling to do.
    so you think an healthy Embiid is worth 15 or so wins? holy shit dude. it took something like 38 wins to make the playoffs in an awful Eastern Conference last year and this team isn't winning more than 20-25 this year. so really he is worth up to 13-18 wins? ab-so-fucking-lute insanity

Also Saric isn't coming until the 2017-2018 season. if he waits until then he is no longer under the constraints of the rookie pay wage and can negotiate a free agent contract with the Sixers. With the salary cap taking a huge jump next year he would be crazy to sign here before 2017-2018. not happening. i would think a superfan like yourself would know these important details :smirk:

now go back to not paying attention to the sixers.

Embiid (shouldn't a superfan know how to spell his fucking name?) was drafted unhealthy. if he was healthy at the draft they would never gotten him. so yea so much for that argument you tried to make above. try again.

and i don't care what some blog says, logic dictates Saris isn't coming before 2017-2018. it would cost him millions if he comes next year.
    so in addition to all your lousy "hot takes" on so many issues, you've now turned into one of those internet spelling nazi's? good to know.

if he was healthy going into --this-- season....ya know, the one we're talking about? he was supposed to miss a year, not two.....and smart fans recognize the rare opportunity of acquiring a once in a generation talent, like many projected embied of having. so we understand taking that chance on embied. and there was nobody taken after embied who had even a chance of that kind of ceiling. hindsight is 20/20 and most fans just see an injured player and throw their arms up in the air and call into talk radio to complain. but it's not very often a team has a chance to draft someone who drew comparisons to hakeem olajuwon. i applaud this ownership group for allowing hinkie to take a chance at greatness. we all know snyder would have never gone along with it.

"some blog." haha. you're really doing yourself a disservice here, eskin. the writers at that blog have more sixers and nba knowledge than all your marcus hayes, bob fords, and angelo cataldis have put together. i suggest giving it a read at some point.

here are other points of reference to the same thing:
    http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2015/08/dario_saric_wants_to_join_the_sixers_in_2016-17_re.html

http://hoopshabit.com/2015/08/25/philadelphia-76ers-dario-saric-hints-2016-nba-debut-decision-pivotal-rebuild/

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/08/24/dario-saric-says-he-plans-to-join-76ers-next-summer/

and a quote from the guy himself:
    "Next summer I will, probably, finally go where I want, to the biggest basketball league in the world, NBA,” Saric said. “It is imperative to do more next year with Efes and then it’s time for America. "

but i believe you....there's absolutely no chance he comes over here next year.

ugh.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    just for you Juggler.

from Chad Ford on ESPN.com

"Saric, 21, has a player option on his contract that will technically allow him to come to the NBA for the 2016-17 season. However, there will be a big incentive for him to stay in Turkey for a third year and wait until the 2017-18 season to play in the NBA.

Under the terms of the league's collective bargaining agreement, Saric will no longer be bound by the rookie salary scale if he waits three years to come to the NBA. That means he could negotiate a free-agent contract for a much higher salary with the Sixers, much like Nikola Mirotic did with the Chicago Bulls last summer.

With the new TV revenues set to kick in during that season, Saric could be in for a massive raise if he is patient."

would cost him MILLIONS to come over before 2017-18. it ain't happening.
    thus endeth the lesson
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    pjhawks said:

just for you Juggler.

from Chad Ford on ESPN.com

"Saric, 21, has a player option on his contract that will technically allow him to come to the NBA for the 2016-17 season. However, there will be a big incentive for him to stay in Turkey for a third year and wait until the 2017-18 season to play in the NBA.

Under the terms of the league's collective bargaining agreement, Saric will no longer be bound by the rookie salary scale if he waits three years to come to the NBA. That means he could negotiate a free-agent contract for a much higher salary with the Sixers, much like Nikola Mirotic did with the Chicago Bulls last summer.

With the new TV revenues set to kick in during that season, Saric could be in for a massive raise if he is patient."

would cost him MILLIONS to come over before 2017-18. it ain't happening.
    thus endeth the lesson

thanks, cataldi. for a better frame of reference, here's the actual article you scrambled to find from june:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13128841/dario-saric-play-philadelphia-76ers-2015-16-season-according-agent

notice the difference between that and any of the one's I posted?
    http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2015/08/dario_saric_wants_to_join_the_sixers_in_2016-17_re.html

http://hoopshabit.com/2015/08/25/philadelphia-76ers-dario-saric-hints-2016-nba-debut-decision-pivotal-rebuild/

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2015/08/24/dario-saric-says-he-plans-to-join-76ers-next-summer/

the one's I posted were all written weeks and months after the ford article, hence they are more up to date and include the reasoning behind why saric is still contemplating jumping over here next summer, including a direct quote from him stating his intention to do so.

"While he might not be launching threes in summer league with his fellow Eastern European pal Furkan Aldemir, Dario Saric reportedly would like to have been with the 76ers this summer, as news broke this morning that Saric wanted to come to the NBA and the Sixers this offseason, per Basketball Insiders' David Pick.

The reasoning such a move in 2015 was unlikely and ultimately unsuccessful, as I outlined previously, is that Saric is still under contract with his Turkish club, Anadolu Efes, until the 2016-17 season with the potential for a buyout in the summer of 2016. He is still Efes' player until that time regardless of either the Sixers' or his intentions. Despite the option of having Saric come to the NBA next offseason, many had still assumed that a 2017 arrival was more likely due to the negative financial ramifications of him coming over one year sooner. Here's what I originally wrote regarding that:

The reasoning that 2017 is more likely of a target date for Saric to be in Philly than 2016 is that it would then be three years since Saric was drafted, freeing him from the rookie-scale contract he'd otherwise be bound to. This is what led Bulls rookie Nikola Mirotic to wait until the 2014-15 season to come stateside after being selected with the 23rd pick in the 2011 draft. Mirotic went from making a maximum of $1,204,560 if he were to have come over in 2013 to $5,305,000 this season in the first year of a three-year deal worth up to $16,600,000.

Saric's contract in 2017 would likely be more than that when taking into consideration the expected changes in the cap between 2014 and 2017, as well as the Sixers' likelihood of having cap space when the 2017 offseason comes around.

This leads me to think that the possibility of Saric coming to the NBA in 2016 is no longer off the table. If Saric truly wants to play for the Sixers and square off with the world's top competition, he will have the option of taking that leap in one year's time, assuming that the salary situation is less of a concern for him.

While Saric would neither confirm nor deny Pick's report, the two did talk about his potential jump stateside, as Saric stated, "I think I’m ready to compete in the NBA, against the best players, but we built a great team in Efes and I want to help the club win a championship."

Saric coming over in 2016 instead of 2017 could help the Sixers get one year to accomplishing that feat themselves."

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    TJ McConnell is averaging over 20 minutes a game for this team...and he couldn't even start at Nova this year. awful basketball. #process

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Someone has to play PG with Wroten and Marshall out.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/3qzstb/in_todays_candid_interview_for_a_croatian/

"I'm in constant contact with the Sixers, and they wanted me to come this summer, but I couldn't get out of the contract. Next summer I have a way out, and I'm gonna take it. I'll try to go out as the Euroleague champion. That's the dream." ---dario saric quote from yesterday
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/3qzstb/in_todays_candid_interview_for_a_croatian/

"I'm in constant contact with the Sixers, and they wanted me to come this summer, but I couldn't get out of the contract. Next summer I have a way out, and I'm gonna take it. I'll try to go out as the Euroleague champion. That's the dream." ---dario saric quote from yesterday

ok. we shall see. i'm guessing his agent has a much different take. how many millions would you give up to leave Turkey one year early?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

ok. we shall see. i'm guessing his agent has a much different take. how many millions would you give up to leave Turkey one year early?
    It's the biggest stage in the world. He's probably itching to showcase what he can do over here. Plus you come over next year, you're a year closer to a max contract than you'd be by waiting a year.

Not saying it's going to happen but to say there's no chance of it happening, despite the guy himself saying he wants to, is ridiculous.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    edited November 2015
    is he even getting time on his team over there?

Saw on Twitter this morning that he wasn't playing but I guess it's only 2 games in after I checked
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    edited November 2015

is he even getting time on his team over there?

Saw on Twitter this morning that he wasn't playing but I guess it's only 2 games in after I checked

that would be another reason. he's not happy with the coach and playing time. from what I read coaches in that league are more prone to giving playing time to veterans. every time I read a quote from him, I get the feeling he feels like he made a mistake by signing that contract...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    edited November 2015
    Great, they play Cleveland tonight image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

played okay. mcconnel actually had a hell of a game and sauce shot the ball well.

i liked how big jah went at k love....another big offensive game but i don't understand how someone that big can go a whole game with 3 rebounds and no blocks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

played okay. mcconnel actually had a hell of a game and sauce shot the ball well.

i liked how big jah went at k love....another big offensive game but i don't understand how someone that big can go a whole game with 3 rebounds and no blocks.
    I happened to be flipping through the channels last night and noticed Dei Lynam mention that despite the reports about Saric she doesn't see him coming next year because it will cost him so much money. just passing that along for ya.

rebounding isn't all about size. it's about position, desire, and anticipation. and shot blocking can't be taught. you either have that skill or you don't. at least they have Noel who has that skill.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    pjhawks said:

I happened to be flipping through the channels last night and noticed Dei Lynam mention that despite the reports about Saric she doesn't see him coming next year because it will cost him so much money. just passing that along for ya.

rebounding isn't all about size. it's about position, desire, and anticipation. and shot blocking can't be taught. you either have that skill or you don't. at least they have Noel who has that skill.
    Well if Dei Lynam offers her opinion on something....IT IS 100% GOING TO HAPPEN.

Thanks Angelo.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015

pjhawks said:

Well if Dei Lynam offers her opinion on something....IT IS 100% GOING TO HAPPEN.

Thanks Angelo.
    just passing along the info. i guess it would have been better if it is was on some blog or cityballers.com or some stupid website. sorry.

does it make you excited or something to call me names? seriously dude you are becoming like that other guy. and if you insist can you at least pick one, there have been about 5 you have used in the past few weeks. funny thing is not one of those names you mention have i seen or heard talk in years.

hey at least you spelled their names correctly. TJ McConnell. seriously shouldn't someone who is such a big Sixers fan know how to spell the players names correctly? it's really not that difficult.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Thanks Angelo.
    just passing along the info. i guess it would have been better if it is was on some blog or cityballers.com or some stupid website. sorry.

does it make you excited or something to call me names? seriously dude you are becoming like that other guy. and if you insist can you at least pick one, there have been about 5 you have used in the past few weeks. funny thing is not one of those names you mention have i seen or heard talk in years.

hey at least you spelled their names correctly. TJ McConnell. seriously shouldn't someone who is such a big Sixers fan know how to spell the players names correctly? it's really not that difficult.

dee made her opinion. countless others, blogs, regular websites, newspapers gave theirs as well over the last couple days. here's a google search to confirm all views from all walks of basketball life: https://www.google.com/#q=dario+saric+2016&safe=active&sout=1 or do you not use google? too high techy with all those whacky "blogs" it directs you to? point is, despite your extremely hot takes, there's no guarantee one way or the other that he comes next summer or the one after. hoping it's 2016 though!

all 5 names are appropriate for you and you know it. funny you claim to not read, watch or listen to them....yeah, not buying that. at all.

spelling errors. ha. if that's what you have to resort to, just give up dude.

snyder.....woops!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Thanks Angelo.

dee made her opinion. countless others, blogs, regular websites, newspapers gave theirs as well over the last couple days. here's a google search to confirm all views from all walks of basketball life: https://www.google.com/#q=dario+saric+2016&safe=active&sout=1 or do you not use google? too high techy with all those whacky "blogs" it directs you to? point is, despite your extremely hot takes, there's no guarantee one way or the other that he comes next summer or the one after. hoping it's 2016 though!

all 5 names are appropriate for you and you know it. funny you claim to not read, watch or listen to them....yeah, not buying that. at all.

snyder.....woops!

i hope you are better in your professional life in regards to people's names then you are here. Sorry but consistently spelling peoples names wrong is not a good trait to have. I don't understand how you can watch and read about a team as much as you say you do (maybe you are a fraud) and spell the names of the previous owner and players consistently wrong. it's either laziness or stupidity.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    It appears it will be some time before the 76ers and the Celtics will rise to the top again. There doesn't to any Julius Erving or Larry Bird waltzing through respective arenas any time soon.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    edited November 2015
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Thanks Angelo.

snyder.....woops!

i hope you are better in your professional life in regards to people's names then you are here. Sorry but consistently spelling peoples names wrong is not a good trait to have. I don't understand how you can watch and read about a team as much as you say you do (maybe you are a fraud) and spell the names of the previous owner and players consistently wrong. it's either laziness or stupidity.
    ....or perhaps you should not have made it known that it bothers you so much.

snyder
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under p said:

It appears it will be some time before the 76ers and the Celtics will rise to the top again. There doesn't to any Julius Erving or Larry Bird waltzing through respective arenas any time soon.

Peace

hey at least you haven't been waiting 30+ years for another championship.

no sympathy coming your way in here, pal.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

g under p said:

Peace

hey at least you haven't been waiting 30+ years for another championship.

no sympathy coming your way in here, pal.
    I know but.....but since 2008 there was that looooong wait from the 86' championship team...one of their best teams ever! I personally had to survive the death of Len Bias....we had the same barber in Langley Park, MD and we even had shoot a rounds in the summers at Cole Field House. That was really tough for me but I gather 30+ wait can be just as tough. :cry:

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Win or lose, I feel like they are starting to resemble a cohesive team for the first time in a few years.

McConnnell with a chance for a triple double in his first start. What a story this kid is. Hard not to root for him
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    only caught the last few minutes of the last quarter. looked good. Who was the other dude on commentary? what happened to Malik Rose?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

only caught the last few minutes of the last quarter. looked good. Who was the other dude on commentary? what happened to Malik Rose?

Alaa Abdelnaby is the new Sixers commentator. I think Rose took a coaching job somewhere but not 100% sure. Abdelnaby did color and studio work for college hoops on the CBS College Sports Network the last few years. I really liked him on college hoops the last few years. Knowledgeable with a pretty laid back but fun attitude. Likable guy even for a Duke grad.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Alaa Abdelnaby is the new Sixers commentator. I think Rose took a coaching job somewhere but not 100% sure. Abdelnaby did color and studio work for college hoops on the CBS College Sports Network the last few years. I really liked him on college hoops the last few years. Knowledgeable with a pretty laid back but fun attitude. Likable guy even for a Duke grad.
    oh ok i kinda liked Malik Rose. New guy sounded pretty good, guess i'll have to get used to him. just weird hearing a new voice i suppose
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @ESPNStatsInfo: 76ers rookie T.J. McConnell is the 1st player in NBA history with at least 12 assists in 2 of his first 4 career games (@EliasSports).

And I miss Malik. Wish they would just bring the Mayor back. He did some halftime shows for them last year...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Malik is with the Hawks organization I believe. Unreal how good the O moves the ball with McConnell and then shuts down when Canaan comes in. Jah and Nerlens really benefit from a PG that gets them the ball in the right spot. Stauskas needs to shoot a lot better.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Great site here. http://www.tankathon.com/
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Great site here. http://www.tankathon.com/

Love seeing the Sixers logo littered all over that thing
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm going on a limb and say they beat The Bulls for their first win on Monday
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD