Breastfed baby charged 121 bucks to enter Pearl Jam concert

124»

Comments

• satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    satansbed wrote:

so no one should ever go out again once they have kids? spoken like someone who doesnt have kids
    no you shouldnt go out while your kids a 3 month old, thats there most formative age, and this is spoken as someone alot closer to three months than most of ye

well if your gonna tell me what to do, next time i take a crap you can come whip my behind too. because as long as i whip my own i sort of like to do what i want to.

wave.gif

ive never told anyone one what to do, iv just said i think its wrong
  • satansbed wrote:

ive never told anyone one what to do, iv just said i think its wrong

fair enough. :)
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,982
    I think part of the point is that the baby is breastfed so they probably can't leave him with a babysitter since he needs mom to eat.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs wrote:
    I think part of the point is that the baby is breastfed so they probably can't leave him with a babysitter since he needs mom to eat.

Stay the hell home then and play a DVD while you breast feed!!

YES PEOPLE, if you bring a two day or two year old child to a rock concert than you SHOULD PAY to get in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • on2legs wrote:

Stay the hell home then and play a DVD while you breast feed!!

i'm sure everyone will listen to you. you hear that people don't do it, he says so. :roll:
  • i would not take my kids to a concert at that age (if i had any) because i would be concerned that they may ruin the other peoples night arround me. Which is why I think the a self centered idiots if they could not leave the bady at home they should have to pay for it to go to the show, lucky the did not get it confiscated at the gate then they may have never gotten it returned to them. :o
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • i'm sure everyone will listen to you. you hear that people don't do it, he says so. :roll:[/quote]

People listen to Obama, why not me? :lol:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/mu ... l-Jam-fan/

Baby Lamont Harper Davidson may be the smallest Pearl Jam fan – but his parents have had to pay a sizeable price to get their son into a Christchurch concert.

Being a breastfed baby, three-month-old Lamont accompanied parents Melanie and Andrew Davidson to the Pearl Jam concert on Sunday night.

The Methven couple, who had tickets to a corporate box, assumed their baby could enter AMI Stadium for free.

However, on reaching the ticket gate, they were told Lamont would have to buy a $121 concert ticket.

Melanie Davidson said they had decided to take their son because they were in the warmth and comfort of a corporate box, with protection from the noise.

Moments before being stopped at the gate, the Davidsons were "elated" to catch a glimpse of support act Ben Harper, after whom their baby was named.

They were told they would either have to leave or buy their son a ticket, a process that cost them $121 and meant they missed Harper's first four songs.

Vbase chief executive Bryan Pearson said the "no ticket, no entry" stance had been a one-off mistake.

"Unfortunately, when you're making a myriad of calls on the night, the appropriate decisions and steps aren't always taken, and this time we made a mistake," he said.

"We had other people in the audience that night with infants, and they didn't have to buy tickets."

The cost of the baby's ticket would be refunded and Pearson offered the Davidsons tickets to another show of their choice.

And what did baby Lamont think of his first concert?

"He slept through most of it. I don't think he got his $121 worth," Melanie Davidson said.

TROUBLE MAKERS KEEP POLICE BUSY

Alcohol was restricted to the 30,000 Pearl Jam fans at the Christchurch concert after four people were arrested and 25 ejected for bad behaviour.

Police and security staff at AMI Stadium also issued "countless" warnings during the Sunday night concert, Inspector Doug Parker said yesterday.

Alcohol was thought to be the major factor behind the trouble, he said.

Parker was disappointed with the troublemakers. "I would not have expected that many."

He said there were enough staff at the ground.

A private security firm was also working.

Parker said the four people arrested were likely to face charges for disorderly behaviour or similar offences. Fans walking to the stadium were seen drinking, but the amount they could buy inside was reduced at 8.30pm when security and police became concerned at the potential for trouble.

As a father of a 20 month old and a 3 week old I find this ridiculous. Why the hell would you expose your child to such loud noise. I do not care it was in a corporate box. Then the excuse for not leaving the baby home was he is breastfed. After having my two daughters I have learned that I have to give things up for the kids sake. Maybe these parents should be doing the same.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Yeah I was not sure if that was the same topic. I guess it is. :lol:
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    As a father of a 20 month old and a 3 week old I find this ridiculous. Why the hell would you expose your child to such loud noise. I do not care it was in a corporate box. Then the excuse for not leaving the baby home was he is breastfed. After having my two daughters I have learned that I have to give things up for the kids sake. Maybe these parents should be doing the same.

+1. I have a 2 yr old and I wouldn't even think about bringing him to any concert for at least another 6-7 years. He gets whiny and fidgety in a grocery store so why would I bring him to an event like a concert where I want to have a good time. You wouldn't bring a kid to a nightclub or a bar, why a concert?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    edited December 2009
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/3111984/Big-price-for-tiny-Pearl-Jam-fan/

TROUBLE MAKERS KEEP POLICE BUSY

Alcohol was restricted to the 30,000 Pearl Jam fans at the Christchurch concert after four people were arrested and 25 ejected for bad behaviour.

Police and security staff at AMI Stadium also issued "countless" warnings during the Sunday night concert, Inspector Doug Parker said yesterday.

Alcohol was thought to be the major factor behind the trouble, he said.

Parker was disappointed with the troublemakers. "I would not have expected that many."

He said there were enough staff at the ground.

A private security firm was also working.

Parker said the four people arrested were likely to face charges for disorderly behaviour or similar offences. Fans walking to the stadium were seen drinking, but the amount they could buy inside was reduced at 8.30pm when security and police became concerned at the potential for trouble.

hmmm "alcohol was thought to be a major factor behind the trouble"

damn, it's such a fine line sometimes...

me, i'm one step over the line, always ;)
    Post edited by helplessdancer on
  • As a father of a 20 month old and a 3 week old I find this ridiculous. Why the hell would you expose your child to such loud noise. I do not care it was in a corporate box. Then the excuse for not leaving the baby home was he is breastfed. After having my two daughters I have learned that I have to give things up for the kids sake. Maybe these parents should be doing the same.

+1. I have a 2 yr old and I wouldn't even think about bringing him to any concert for at least another 6-7 years. He gets whiny and fidgety in a grocery store so why would I bring him to an event like a concert where I want to have a good time. You wouldn't bring a kid to a nightclub or a bar, why a concert?
    Speak for yourself. The singles ladies at the club love babies :lol::mrgreen:
    NERDS!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576

Speak for yourself. The singles ladies at the club love babies :lol::mrgreen:

:lol::lol: Nice :lol::lol:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • As a father of a 20 month old and a 3 week old I find this ridiculous. Why the hell would you expose your child to such loud noise. I do not care it was in a corporate box. Then the excuse for not leaving the baby home was he is breastfed. After having my two daughters I have learned that I have to give things up for the kids sake. Maybe these parents should be doing the same.

Before I was a parent I also promised myself that I would not fringe upon other peoples good times. What I mean is My wife and I would go to some nice places to eat once and a while. A few times there were some kids there banging spoons on dishes singing loud and all. It bothered the hell out of me so I said that will not be us bringing an toddler to nice places, it is only in their nature to explore and be loud. I love when my daughter does stuff like that just not at places where it can bother people.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    Not knowing how the corporate boxes are set up there, I won't pass judgement.

But do they not sell breast pumps down under?
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Kids ruin everything.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Who THE FUCK would bring a 3 month old to a concert? They better have had ear plugs AND a motorcycle helmet on it's head.
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363

Because your life doesn't end the moment you have children.

you obviously don't have children!

Changes DO have to be made . . . not to say you can;t take them with you to most places or do what you usually do most of the time, but it's not always easy, smart, or safe for the child, so you have to be careful and put the child's best interests first
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • JaneNY wrote:
    Easties wrote:
    Maybe I am wrong - I am a male (with no kids)! But when you're breastfeeding a newborn you kinda need to be around to feed them?! So I'm guessing that's why they took him, plus they were in the comfort of a box so it made that decision even easier.

Bingo! The mom couldn't leave the baby for that long. If the baby is exclusively breastfed, it may not accept a bottle, even if she had pumped milk and left it with a sitter. I breastfed two of 'em myself, AND take them to shows (though not as infants - they started at 8, and we had to pay!) Silly to charge such a small baby - at least they got their $$ back.

Stay home then, a concert is no place for a 3month old even an 8 year old, I would even say no until at least 14-15. This is just silly. I understand you want to expose them to great music but this is a little silly.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
    JaneNY wrote:
    Easties wrote:
    Maybe I am wrong - I am a male (with no kids)! But when you're breastfeeding a newborn you kinda need to be around to feed them?! So I'm guessing that's why they took him, plus they were in the comfort of a box so it made that decision even easier.

Bingo! The mom couldn't leave the baby for that long. If the baby is exclusively breastfed, it may not accept a bottle, even if she had pumped milk and left it with a sitter. I breastfed two of 'em myself, AND take them to shows (though not as infants - they started at 8, and we had to pay!) Silly to charge such a small baby - at least they got their $$ back.

Stay home then, a concert is no place for a 3month old even an 8 year old, I would even say no until at least 14-15. This is just silly. I understand you want to expose them to great music but this is a little silly.

Exactly. This is something crazy people do. I could maybe see 8-10 years old, but even then is a stretch. Make a fucking sacrifice as a fucking parent.

• Stay home then, a concert is no place for a 3month old even an 8 year old, I would even say no until at least 14-15. This is just silly. I understand you want to expose them to great music but this is a little silly.

Agreed.

First, kids ruin everything.

Having said that, if I had a little everything ruiner taking up space in my house, I'd make sure it was taking up space for quite a while before I started exposing it to second hand weed and drunken aholes. Oh, and temporary deafness.

:)

Look at me criticizing parenting! What a big boy I am!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    JaneNY wrote:

Exactly. This is something crazy people do. I could maybe see 8-10 years old, but even then is a stretch. Make a fucking sacrifice as a fucking parent.

the band members bring their own kids to their shows. ok they have giant headphones on... either that or they have tiny heads... but they are at the shows :thumbup:

R Kelly has kids at his shows as w.... oh wait.. :shock:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:

the band members bring their own kids to their shows. ok they have giant headphones on... either that or they have tiny heads... but they are at the shows :thumbup:

R Kelly has kids at his shows as w.... oh wait.. :shock:

That's why I said I could see bringing your kid if you put ear plugs on them and THEN a ludicrously large piece of equipment like a motorcycle helmet.

And that doesn't justify anything that the band may be idiots as well. God forbid we criticize our idols.