Breastfed baby charged 121 bucks to enter Pearl Jam concert

Comments

• good they should of not let anyone in the show. someone should of called dss on you 2 morons. what if there was an emergency evacuation from stampeding kangaroos or something. they should arrest the mom for breast feeding stupid juice. and you pro created , oh boy........makes me sick.
    Son of Jor-El
  • edited December 2009
    happydad wrote:
    good they should of not let anyone in the show. someone should of called dss on you 2 morons. what if there was an emergency evacuation from stampeding kangaroos or something. they should arrest the mom for breast feeding stupid juice. and you pro created , oh boy........makes me sick.

i plan on tattooing "Play Leash" on my kids forehead and taking her to a show and sitting her on my shoulders!!!!!
    Post edited by Gems and Rhinestones on
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    he he ... the thread title says 'breast'

I've seen babies at quite a few rock concerts... well i say babies, but i mean 19 year old idiots who are too drunk to hold their own saliva in... same thing.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • after reading some of these posts i plan on tattooing "Play Leash" on my kids forehead and taking her to a show and sitting her on my shoulders!!!!!

LMAO :lol::lol: Nice.

I'm sure some people thought I was Satan for going to Pearl Jam in the Summer when I was seven months pregnant :roll: When you're a parent, everyone thinks they have a right to tell you how to bring up your own children.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    after reading some of these posts i plan on tattooing "Play Leash" on my kids forehead and taking her to a show and sitting her on my shoulders!!!!!

LMAO :lol::lol: Nice.

I'm sure some people thought I was Satan for going to Pearl Jam in the Summer when I was seven months pregnant :roll: When you're a parent, everyone thinks they have a right to tell you how to bring up your own children.

Hey satan, didnt they make you pay for the bump?

there are 8.34 million people on this forum who have never even had sex let alone a baby and they still think they know better than us real parents how to bring up kids.

and they always quantify their response with "a good slap never did me any harm".. when in actual fact it did... it's made them believe we actually care about their opinion. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    doompony wrote:
    typical nz non-news item. they got paid back! not to mention - why the fuck would you take a 3 month old to a concert? what enjoyment would they possible get?

It's not for the kid's enjoyment . . . it's b/c he's breastfed - although, as a parent myself, I know that there are breastpumps etc., if you still want your child to drink breastmilk when you aren't around. Just find a babysitter and pump for the night . . .
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • smobeesmobee Posts: 178
    I'm sure this has been asked but Why in the hell would you bring a little baby to a fucking concert? WHY!? I'm sorry but there isn't a good enough reason you can give to make me understand why you would do that to a baby. Just Stupid.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    there was a woman with I'd say a 2 - 2 1/2 year old in the front row at the last Spectrum show. The people around her (including myself) were more concerned about the welfare of that child than the mother was. Once she lay the child down to sleep (on folding chairs) while people are walking by with full beers,and not realizing there is a child there (not what one usually thinks of as they're going into the front row of a concert) - this woman turned toward the stage and barely looked back the rest of the show.

At one point, Mikey even mouthed to her "Is he ok?"

The people in my row and rows 3 & 4 were constantly looking at the child to make sure he was ok.

Must say it put a bit of damper on my night - it didn't completely ruin it, hell I was 2nd row at the very last Spectrum show ever, but it certainly was something I should not have had to deal with. It's not my kid.

If you can't take responsibility for your child, leave them home with someone who will.

I will say that was the ONE THING that took away from that week being a perfect week.

I know this is a little off topic, but I've been wanting to get this off my chest.
  • smobee wrote:
    I'm sure this has been asked but Why in the hell would you bring a little baby to a fucking concert? WHY!? I'm sorry but there isn't a good enough reason you can give to make me understand why you would do that to a baby. Just Stupid.

Because your life doesn't end the moment you have children. Good grief, people, stop being so bloody judgmental. When they appoint a Moral Guardian of the Universe you can all have a go at pitching for the position but until then it's no one else's business how some one chooses to raise their child.
  • smobee wrote:

Because your life doesn't end the moment you have children. Good grief, people, stop being so bloody judgmental. When they appoint a Moral Guardian of the Universe you can all have a go at pitching for the position but until then it's no one else's business how some one chooses to raise their child.

The point to me is that other people should not have to deal with your child in an adult environment. It is about being courteous to others.
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    smobee wrote:

it should, your life should completely change focus from your enjoyment to the welfare of your children the minute you and your spouse have a kid
  • smobee wrote:

When you decide to publicize your story in a newspaper, you are pretty much throwing your business in people's faces. You don't need to be a moral guardian of the universe to realize you don't bring a 3 month old to a night time rock concert; you just need some common sense.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    smobee wrote:

True. But this is a internet forum where we all have a right to our opinions. If someone doesn't like it, fine. They have the right to say so. But I agree with the above post that you're life doesn't end, but it should take on a hell of a lot more priorities.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • dunkman wrote:

there are 8.34 million people on this forum who have never even had sex let alone a baby

Bullshit, I have had sex thousands upon thousands of times!!!

and one of these days i'll do it with a partner!!!winking0075.gif

happy0188.gif
  • What idiots why would they even bring a baby to a pearl jam concert. They should have been charged more for being so stupid. Watch them sue someone.
  • satansbed wrote:
    smobee wrote:

it should, your life should completely change focus from your enjoyment to the welfare of your children the minute you and your spouse have a kid

so no one should ever go out again once they have kids? spoken like someone who doesnt have kids
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • satansbed wrote:
    im just not sure bringing a baby to a pearl jam concert is the best thing ever, granted they where in a corporate box....... but still

do you have kids of your own? who the fuck are you to tell people how to raise their children?

I have two kids of my own. Anyone who brings a 3 month old to a concert is an awful parent. Either get a babysitter or stay home. Also, I would be pretty pissed if I had to share a suite with a baby. Who wants to hear a baby crying when you are trying to hear the music?

Just because you think taking a 3 month old to a concert makes someone an "awful parent" doesn't mean they are. That is simply your opinion, not a statement of fact, yet you pose it like it, its not like were talking about bringing a 3 month old into the mosh pit at a slipknot concert, yet everyone acts like it. Its an outdoor concert, in a huge stadium, in a box. I can think of way worse things that parents do to their children(accessorize them, put them on leashes etc etc) yet I don't see everyone bitching about those things.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • People are missing the F*cking point here!!!!!!!!

These sorry as excuse for parents brought an infant to a rock concert and did NOT expect to pay for a ticket???

Then the alert the media about it!

The stupid venue paid them their money back!!! IDIOTS, all of them!!!!!

People, you can bring ur newborns but you gotta pay adult ticket prices!!!!! DUH!!!!!!!

Anyone defending these idiots are just white trash like me ;):lol:

ps. I'm not dumb enough to let my children be exposed to spilt beer, weed smoke, drooling teenagers or other stupid humans in that kind of envirment.
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.

• Anyone defending these idiots are just white trash like me ;)

but............... i'm black :?

• Just because you think taking a 3 month old to a concert makes someone an "awful parent" doesn't mean they are. That is simply your opinion, not a statement of fact, yet you pose it like it, its not like were talking about bringing a 3 month old into the mosh pit at a slipknot concert, yet everyone acts like it. Its an outdoor concert, in a huge stadium, in a box. I can think of way worse things that parents do to their children(accessorize them, put them on leashes etc etc) yet I don't see everyone bitching about those things.

Using the word awful implies it's an opinion.

A 3 month old should be sleeping at 10PM; not rocking out to Pearl Jam or Slipknot.

People are commenting on the newspaper article. Not parenting in general.

You'll find a new appreciation for leashes if you have a kid prone to running away.

then your ghetto............ :? :lol:;)
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.

then your ghetto............ :? :lol:;)

i'm so black, lightning bugs follow me around.
  • People bring babies and kids to Burning Man. TO BURNING MAN.

That is true insanity.
  • i wish i saw them trailer park losers. i would of made it miserable for them so they would of left anyway. i just threw up in my mouth again, they make me sick. i have 2 kids and would never even bring to a nfl game 'cause of the drukn fools.. i hope they feel guilty for a long time. and i thought people in america were ignorant towards each other. whey........ great parents, and i would say it to there stupid mugs...
    Son of Jor-El
  • great. another thread that turned into a 'don't tell me how to raise my kid' / kinda like 'don't tell me how drunk i can get at a show'.
    they're pointless threads.
    surprised kat didn't shut this down at the bottom of page 3.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Leashes are for pets.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Easties wrote:
    Maybe I am wrong - I am a male (with no kids)! But when you're breastfeeding a newborn you kinda need to be around to feed them?! So I'm guessing that's why they took him, plus they were in the comfort of a box so it made that decision even easier.

Bingo! The mom couldn't leave the baby for that long. If the baby is exclusively breastfed, it may not accept a bottle, even if she had pumped milk and left it with a sitter. I breastfed two of 'em myself, AND take them to shows (though not as infants - they started at 8, and we had to pay!) Silly to charge such a small baby - at least they got their $$ back.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139

so no one should ever go out again once they have kids? spoken like someone who doesnt have kids
    no you shouldnt go out while your kids a 3 month old, thats there most formative age, and this is spoken as someone alot closer to three months than most of ye
  • satansbed wrote:

no you shouldnt go out while your kids a 3 month old, thats there most formative age, and this is spoken as someone alot closer to three months than most of ye

well if your gonna tell me what to do, next time i take a crap you can come whip my behind too. because as long as i whip my own i sort of like to do what i want to.

wave.gif