Options

This is the ONE - 2010 PJ in Tel Aviv

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    einatshaul wrote:
    We'll it's still TBD eitherway, isn't it? :D
    :thumbup:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Well, maybe not this year, but we have to keep this going! don't let the dream die, people!

*bump*
    2009:* Berlin, Aug. 15 * Seattle WA, Sept. 21, 22 * Vancouver BC, Sept. 25 * Portland OR, Sept. 26 * Universal City CA, Oct. 6, 7 *

"See the waves on distant shores... awaiting your arrival"
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Well, we've got the Pixies coming instead...

Will be a great summer, but I'm still waiting on those 6 friends...
  • Options
    Not taking away from the celebration - πανηγυρισμός

But our chances for an Israel show in August have just increased!!! :lol:

Come together brothers and sisters - we can all show them a real warm welcom, sun sea sand and great food!

Pearl Jam in the Mediterranean 2010
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    einatshaul wrote:
    Not taking away from the celebration - πανηγυρισμός

But our chances for an Israel show in August have just increased!!! :lol:

Come together brothers and sisters - we can all show them a real warm welcom, sun sea sand and great food!

How'd the chances increase Einat, if you don't mind me asking? I very well may be working on a Kibbutz in August, so that would be so perfect!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    vey good Benjs! Sure the Kibbutz will let you off one night for the gig ;)
    They appearently will be playing Greece near by, and I know we have our promoters working on this deal!
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    - πανηγυρισμός

well said!!!!! ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    - πανηγυρισμός חגיגה!

well said!!!!! ;)
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    einatshaul wrote:
    vey good Benjs! Sure the Kibbutz will let you off one night for the gig ;)
    They appearently will be playing Greece near by, and I know we have our promoters working on this deal!
    Worst comes to worst I'd just quit, see the show, and head back to Canada a few days after the show :D
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    Ohhhhh yes.
    I might finally have a real excuse to visit my sister.
    Secret club show at Mike's Place?
  • Options
    andrewbandrewb Posts: 487
    Deebs41 wrote:
    Ohhhhh yes.
    I might finally have a real excuse to visit my sister.
    Secret club show at Mike's Place?

Wow the thought of that is heavenly
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,557
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Well we know from 'an insider' Eddies all about the 'vibe' of a place and he apparently wont play anywhere the vibe is bad..hence no gigs ever in Belfast, South Africa or Israel, locations with amazing surf right nearby and a rabid fanbase ready to go. You could hope for them but I don't think you'll see them happen.

Aren't they playing Belfast in July? :wtf:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    That would be amazing. I have a friend in Israel. She had to travel to Germany to see Pearl Jam. I know it would be extra special if she could see them in her own country :D
    "Do you think the carpetpissers did this?" - The Dude
  • Options
    We're happening - this is our year - it's all going down! :D

Happy negotiations Eddie ;)
  • Options
    It's been a terrible couple of weeks for me... I could really use some good news about PJ and the future...
    It's okay, you know I love you anyway
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    LongRoad wrote:
    What about the Palestinian fans? :arrow:
    please dont put the politics in the middle..we are here in peace and with love about music and our favorite band..

U can not bring up isreal without bring up politics. its just that simple.
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:
    LongRoad wrote:
    What about the Palestinian fans? :arrow:
    please dont put the politics in the middle..we are here in peace and with love about music and our favorite band..

sorry,but i can...im ok be around Israelians,palestinie,turkey,skopie,where ever they come from and think im dealing with humans..and dont care politics...no matter what they can love,be loved,breath.live,feel..i usally ask,prople their names,smile shake hands and say nice meeting,,i dont think what their goverment did..
  • Options
    DegiDegi Posts: 1,007
    KO282453 wrote:
    sorry,but i can...im ok be around Israelians,palestinie,turkey,skopie,where ever they come from and think im dealing with humans..and dont care politics...no matter what they can love,be loved,breath.live,feel..i usally ask,prople their names,smile shake hands and say nice meeting,,i dont think what their goverment did..

hehe D. you even hung out with me, i mean i am GERMAN, i think ye had history lessons back in school ;);)
    totally agree with you on that one obviously!!!!!
  • Options
    KO282453 wrote:

I wish more people were like this - the world would be a MUCH better place :D
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    U can not bring up isreal without bring up politics. its just that simple.[/quote]
    sorry,but i can...im ok be around Israelians,palestinie,turkey,skopie,where ever they come from and think im dealing with humans..and dont care politics...no matter what they can love,be loved,breath.live,feel..i usally ask,prople their names,smile shake hands and say nice meeting,,i dont think what their goverment did..[/quote]

I love and agree with what you had to say, but if PJ plays Isreal you just know there would be consequences, like somebody threating members of the band personally just because they played there, it doesn't take much to piss off Isreal's enemies.
  • Options
    I have a friend who's not a board member or too hardcore of a fan who lives in Israel and he says there's a July 6th PJ rumor going around town...
    Just a bit of fuel for this here fire.
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    Deebs41 wrote:
    I have a friend who's not a board member or too hardcore of a fan who lives in Israel and he says there's a July 6th PJ rumor going around town...

that's cool.
    what's also cool is that they're scheduled to play in venice on that day.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Deebs41 wrote:

that's cool.

hahahaha, that's funny shit. They're not playing Israel, sorry guys.
  • Options
    Deebs41 wrote:

that's cool.

That is cool!
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    As things stand, if Pj were to play Israel-not gonna happen dont kid yourself by the way- but if they did, as things stand? Id literally throw away everything pj I owned and boycott them wherever possible. Bands are cancelling gigs there because of that goverments actions against their hosts and neighbouring state. Israel is in effect a terrorist state and we've seem it in its extreme with their actions the last few weeks. Its up to the people of that country to be the agent for change and vote them out and stop them bombing all fuck out of innocent people as well as innocent convoys bringing aid to palestine, aid they wouldnt need if Israel werent imposing an illegal and human rights violating blockade. So are Pj gonna alienate the almost entirety of their fanbase to play a show in a dangerous war zone to a hostile people? After the experiences theyve already had as a band with death? I really really dont think so.
  • Options
    soopsoop Posts: 191
    Whatever atrocities the Israeli government may have committed over the years PALES in comparison to the history of the United States. Don't be hypocritical and don't judge an entire people by the actions of their governments. No one's hands are clean.
  • Options
    Also true but kind of outside the point. Pj are an american band. Are they not gonna play their home country?

This is different. Lots of bands, from U2 to leonard cohen have had boycotts threatened on them by their own fanbases, if they agree to go play Israel. Most bands are going to take that seriously and not alienate their fan base or their own principles in order to play in a state thats viewed as hostile and terribly behaved by the rest of the world. Thats really all there is to it. With all respect, these Israeli pj fans are deluding themselves but it seems to be a skill they have as a nation. Its not gonna happen. Sorry. It may happen down the road were things to get sorted out peacefully there but right now? No band wants the backlash and furore unleashed upon them that playing there would bring. Its as simple as that.
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Also true but kind of outside the point. Pj are an american band. Are they not gonna play their home country?

This is different. Lots of bands, from U2 to leonard cohen have had boycotts threatened on them by their own fanbases, if they agree to go play Israel. Most bands are going to take that seriously and not alienate their fan base or their own principles in order to play in a state thats viewed as hostile and terribly behaved by the rest of the world. Thats really all there is to it. With all respect, these Israeli pj fans are deluding themselves but it seems to be a skill they have as a nation. Its not gonna happen. Sorry. It may happen down the road were things to get sorted out peacefully there but right now? No band wants the backlash and furore unleashed upon them that playing there would bring. Its as simple as that.

bring your ass to a moving train.

or to GenericLiberalStance.com
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Its an open forum and Pj related topic. Go here go there? You Israeli too? Wasnt aware this was the pig ignorant right wing hardline forum. Excuse me.
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Its an open forum and Pj related topic. Go here go there? You Israeli too? Wasnt aware this was the pig ignorant right wing hardline forum. Excuse me.

Hey, something you might like to know...the "charıty" that supported the Mavi Marmara in the first place is a HIGHLY İslamic fundamentalist organization that has had their headquarters here in İstanbul raided in the past where they found guns, bomb making materials, etc.

Their aim was to force İsrael to slip up and do something stupıd....and they did! Yes, İsrael is guilty for using excessive force and killing those on board, but they are not allowed to pass and they were warned repeatedly! They dont allow free flowıng activity to Gaza because Hamas is essentially a terrorist organization. They are not for any compromıse, they are hellbent on a one-state solutıon and the destructıon of İsrael.

Are there many ınnocent vıctıms ın Gaza...absolutely, and they need help...but there ıs a reason for the blockade other than "preventıng humanıtarıan aıd"...ıts to prevent the delıvery of materıals that can be used to kıll. Unfortunately Israel ıs wealthy and the Palestınıans are not, so naturally the Palestınıans suffer much more so. Its a messy sıtuatıon to say the least, but ıts hardly and open-shut case lıke youre makıng ıt.