Options

This is the ONE - 2010 PJ in Tel Aviv

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    Deebs41 wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    Planning (hoping) to be on Birthright over the summer... truth be told, if it does turn out Pearl Jam announces Israel as part of a European tour, I would consider staying in Israel and working on a kibbutz for a year or something. Does that mean I'm sick? :lol:
    I miss Israel so much, and would be beyond thrilled to see Pearl Jam give them the show (shows) they deserve!
    L'shana haba'ah, b'yerushalayim, v'tel aviv. Oh, playing near the Ramon Crater would be badass too, it'd be like a Gorge show :mrgreen:

let me know what trip you're getting on. some of my jammer friends are planning on it this coming year as well. also, i know a lot of trip leaders/organizers so holler.

in terms of a TA show, holy jesus (hashem?) i'd be down. my sister and nephews live there and i haven't seen her in a couple years so a trip is due.

on a related hebrew note... does anyone else sing the Dirty Frank lyrics as "feeling good, feeling kol b'seder" ?
    Cool! I'm still not sure which trip I'll be going on... planning on going with a friend of mine, and probably wouldn't go without her, so the power isn't entirely in my hands. All I know is that I have no interest in seeing Israel from a religious perspective, and will be researching the trips to avoid that kind of crap at all costs... eight years of Jewish day school was enough attempted brainwashing for me :roll:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Waiting, Watching the clock..

OMG It's 2010 (!!)

This time they must be coming, The waiting drove us mad

Hope to see you all here this summer.
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    What about the Palestinian fans? :arrow:
    They are welcome too.
    It's okay, you know I love you anyway
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    LongRoad wrote:
    please dont put the politics in the middle..we are here in peace and with love about music and our favorite band..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Einat,can u put put some fotos of places the band can play there to see it??
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Too small, but a 10C show would work there -

yTIK000670_wa.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    A little bigger...
    2496_thumb.jpg
    jul26a1.jpg
    Post edited by einatshaul on
  • Options
    paulr-1-big.jpg

The Yarkon... Sir Paul played there.
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:

yTIK000670_wa.jpg

:shock: :o i already love that place!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    Well. You can't beat the Romans... ;)
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Well. You can't beat the Romans... ;)
    maybe i can.......

EPIDAUROS
    epidaurustheaterbynighte.jpg

LIKAVITOS

likavitos-theatre.jpg

AND THE VIEW FROM LIKAVITOS ...ATHENS

273375393_185536b18e.jpg
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    benjs wrote:
    Deebs41 wrote:

let me know what trip you're getting on. some of my jammer friends are planning on it this coming year as well. also, i know a lot of trip leaders/organizers so holler.

in terms of a TA show, holy jesus (hashem?) i'd be down. my sister and nephews live there and i haven't seen her in a couple years so a trip is due.

on a related hebrew note... does anyone else sing the Dirty Frank lyrics as "feeling good, feeling kol b'seder" ?
    Cool! I'm still not sure which trip I'll be going on... planning on going with a friend of mine, and probably wouldn't go without her, so the power isn't entirely in my hands. All I know is that I have no interest in seeing Israel from a religious perspective, and will be researching the trips to avoid that kind of crap at all costs... eight years of Jewish day school was enough attempted brainwashing for me :roll:

Agreed. I did kindergarten through high school so I hear ya loud and clear. But at the same time, it's kind of hard to see the ancient sites without some religion sneaking in. It's not like they'll make you prey or anything, look at it with a cultural/historical interest and you'll be just fine!
  • Options
    Pearl Jam is my religion and I follow it Adamantly
    :)
    Well, I know they will have a great time here and be received with extacy by a PJ deprived audience...

Keep this on top people, I know not many of us spend time on English message boards - hang in there and they will come!
  • Options
    WE ARE HERE TO HELP.... 8-)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    as long as you find us a floor to crash on Einat, I'll be there ;)
    No_Rain wrote:
    LongRoad wrote:
    They are welcome too.
    please dont put the politics in the middle..we are here in peace and with love about music and our favorite band..
    well, the politics are a big part of the reason bands don't play there..
    Chances of Palestinian fans able to attend, i.e. get a visa, not even talking about being able to afford the ticket, or fans from neighbouring countries for that matter: about nil..
    that's not trivial :|
  • Options
    Pegasus wrote:
    well, the politics are a big part of the reason bands don't play there..
    Chances of Palestinian fans able to attend, i.e. get a visa, not even talking about being able to afford the ticket, or fans from neighbouring countries for that matter: about nil..
    that's not trivial :|
    the problem is that u are so right..shitty situation..anyway i hope they do tel aviv
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:

yTIK000670_wa.jpg

Cesaria for a 10C show would be amazing!!!!!1......
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    Keep this on top people, I know not many of us spend time on English message boards - hang in there and they will come!

But those of us that still here will make this thing happen!!!....

See you all here!! 2010 - It's gonna go to fire!!!

My door is open for anyone who seeks a place to crash and/or hang and/or drink himself to death!! :lol:

Jess :D
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:

My door is open for anyone who seeks a place to crash and/or hang and/or drink himself to death!! :lol:

• Options
    Grunghit wrote:
    einatshaul wrote:

i hope im invited.....
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    Grunghit wrote:
    einatshaul wrote:

Mmmmm. Goldstar beer and 10-shekel bottles of wine that they open for you on the spot.... it's been six and a half looong years. I think my liver is finally fully recovered.
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Can't see Pj ever playing Israel either. Too divisive and thorny an issue overall but for all the reasons Pegasus just mentioned. They shouldn't play there either, not til that shit is sorted out and Israel pulls its horns in. Which won't ever happen so guess Israeli fans are travelling for the forseeable future. Bright side is they get to visit parts of the world they might not usually. No bad thing.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Can't see Pj ever playing Israel either. Too divisive and thorny an issue overall but for all the reasons Pegasus just mentioned. They shouldn't play there either, not til that shit is sorted out and Israel pulls its horns in. Which won't ever happen so guess Israeli fans are travelling for the forseeable future. Bright side is they get to visit parts of the world they might not usually. No bad thing.
    Didn't they play there with Neil during the Mirrorball tour?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,600
    benjs wrote:
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Didn't they play there with Neil during the Mirrorball tour?

indeed. 4/5 of PJ (at the time) played a tiny club in Jerusalem back in '95, and to this day Mike remembers it as being a great experience. politics aside, insurance is extremely expensive for acts traveling into Israel. of course, costs and revenue have to be considered as well, and ultimately if it doesn't make good business sense it won't help the cause,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    i think all this reason u mention must be the reason for play in Israel........
    Peace,Love.Music...
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Well we know from 'an insider' Eddies all about the 'vibe' of a place and he apparently wont play anywhere the vibe is bad..hence no gigs ever in Belfast, South Africa or Israel, locations with amazing surf right nearby and a rabid fanbase ready to go. You could hope for them but I don't think you'll see them happen.
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Well I was gonna visit anyway, but why not?
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    LucanLucan Posts: 104
    A wider Asian tour would be magic.

If they squeezed in a Singapore or Malaysia date (or both!!) I'd do everything in my power to get along to it.
  • Options
    goldstargoldstar Posts: 256
    bump
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
  • Options
    Surprising you people? Paul played here, Madonna, Depech, Leonard, Mudhoney, U2, Lanegen, Cornell, NIN, and the list of artists who played here goes on and on... No politics, just music fans and great experiences awaits them here, and they know it.

Allow yourself to be surprised and keep an open mind, in the PJ spirit.