Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Ok yesterday i heared the rumour they will at Werchter 2012 and also Pinkpop 2012...this i heared from a good friend of mine who works in the music sector he also works at Werchter aswell...so hopefully it`s true ;)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    redlady wrote:
    Ok yesterday i heared the rumour they will at Werchter 2012 and also Pinkpop 2012...this i heared from a good friend of mine who works in the music sector he also works at Werchter aswell...so hopefully it`s true ;)
    i post so many times..im gonna see my friends at 2012...again... 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,240
    redlady wrote:

If both were true that would mean a 6 week European tour... I'm not sure our bank balances could cope! :D
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I'd heard about PinkPop as a possible... but just randomly, so hadn't given it any credit tbh. Then thought it could've been link to the re-runs of videos from past shows they subsequently announced.
    Would they do Werchter so soon after headlining it in 2010?
    I do hope we get to see 'em over this way at somepoint in 2012...
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    dottles wrote:
    I'd heard about PinkPop as a possible... but just randomly, so hadn't given it any credit tbh. Then thought it could've been link to the re-runs of videos from past shows they subsequently announced.

No disrespect to you people that can afford to travel round doing festivals, but i do hope the band choose to do a proper indoor areana tour, including at least 3-5 in the uk. sort of like the 2000 tour. :D
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    dottles wrote:

No disrespect to you people that can afford to travel round doing festivals, but i do hope the band choose to do a proper indoor areana tour, including at least 3-5 in the uk. sort of like the 2000 tour. :D

Yup! Screw festivals!!
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

I've read a few rumours today about them playing Isle Of Wight. If there is a Europe tour I'd be very surprised if it wasn't festivals on the weekends and their own shows in between.

Either way, most of the early summer festivals have their headliners announced by the end of November so there won't be long to wait.
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    Yup! Screw festivals!!

Definitely won't be paying 70-80 quid for a day ticket to a festival to see a shortened set. The likelihood of amazing line-ups (like Werchter in 2010) is minimal given how many big acts toured over the last 2 summers.
  • Options
    71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    Hellooo! Have you heard/read about the mystery poster tube thing a couple weeks ago? incl. the possibility to get either a white Backspacer or a backpack? (this is the thread to it: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=172887#p3972359) well.....I won the lottery and received the backpack today!!!!! :D
  • Options
    71step28 wrote:
    Hellooo! Have you heard/read about the mystery poster tube thing a couple weeks ago? incl. the possibility to get either a white Backspacer or a backpack? (this is the thread to it: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=172887#p3972359) well.....I won the lottery and received the backpack today!!!!! :D

Well done Yvi!
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    71step28 wrote:
    Hellooo! Have you heard/read about the mystery poster tube thing a couple weeks ago? incl. the possibility to get either a white Backspacer or a backpack? (this is the thread to it: http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 7#p3972359) well.....I won the lottery and received the backpack today!!!!! :D

Fantastic!
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Yup! Screw festivals!!

Definitely won't be paying 70-80 quid for a day ticket to a festival to see a shortened set. The likelihood of amazing line-ups (like Werchter in 2010) is minimal given how many big acts toured over the last 2 summers.

Werchter wasn't that expensive, £50 I think...
    I think we would all love PJ straight shows, (I know I do) but I think we've got to be realistic and that is that there is more likely to be at least some festival shows, and that another 2000 tour is very unlikely to happen. If they do their own shows exclusively, I can see it being a short hop like 2009. I dunno, we want to see 'em I guess and and we'll see what we get...no bitchin' please :lol::lol::lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Yup! Screw festivals!!

Werchter wasn't that expensive, £50 I think...
    I think we would all love PJ straight shows, (I know I do) but I think we've got to be realistic and that is that there is more likely to be at least some festival shows, and that another 2000 tour is very unlikely to happen. If they do their own shows exclusively, I can see it being a short hop like 2009. I dunno, we want to see 'em I guess and and we'll see what we get...no bitchin' please :lol::lol::lol:

no bitchin okay :lol::lol: realistically leanne your probably spot on, and to be honest i don't mind as long as i get get to see them at least once in there own headling show, and this time around surely scotland has to be included and wales for that fact, so they should play, glasgow - cardiff - london. that would be more realistic, especially since the last 2 visits have incleded ireland and also manchester. its only fair.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    Werchter is £65 plus fees in 2012, which is the cheapest major festival day ticket in Europe.

Of course they're going to do festivals, the $1 million pay cheques make it viable for them to come over, especially when the exchange rate is unfavourable to them. Without them we would be very unlikely to see PJ here. The fines they got from the o2 in 2009 probably ate a good chunk of any profit they may have made. :D:D

So long as they balance it out with their own shows in mid-week we'll all be happy, those of us that hate festival sets can just avoid them :D:D and if it's all festivals then we have choices to make!
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    ilockyer wrote:
    Werchter is £65 plus fees in 2012, which is the cheapest major festival day ticket in Europe.

In the west of Europe! You could buy a ticket to a weeks festival in some random eastern European country for that price :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    good morning and seeya all at Berlin 12!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    I got an awesome I <3 Berlin t-shirt in Penneys (aka Primark for the UK folk) for €6! Feckin' bargin! It's in the mens dept but I'll get a scissors at it when I have a few mins and girlify it :D

Hope you're good Dimi!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I got an awesome I <3 Berlin t-shirt in Penneys (aka Primark for the UK folk) for €6! Feckin' bargin! It's in the mens dept but I'll get a scissors at it when I have a few mins and girlify it :D

Hope you're good Dimi!
    perfect is so poor word infront of how im :D
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

In the west of Europe! You could buy a ticket to a weeks festival in some random eastern European country for that price :lol:

So I hear, my housemate has been on about some festival in Hungary... not sure I could cope with a week long festival now! When you consider Isle of Wight and reading won't leave much change from £250 it shows how much we get fleeced for stuff like this.
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

So I hear, my housemate has been on about some festival in Hungary... not sure I could cope with a week long festival now! When you consider Isle of Wight and reading won't leave much change from £250 it shows how much we get fleeced for stuff like this.

That'd be Sziget - it's €225 for the week including camping. A ticket for Oxegen here is €250 for 4 days camping. And the weather is shite here :lol: Me and the boy are looking at going to Metalcamp which is a week-long beachside metal festival in Slovenia. That costs €125, and includes a free t-shirt :lol: I dunno if I could camp for it, but no doubt you could get a crappy hotel for a few nights for feck-all too!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

That'd be Sziget - it's €225 for the week including camping. A ticket for Oxegen here is €250 for 4 days camping. And the weather is shite here :lol: Me and the boy are looking at going to Metalcamp which is a week-long beachside metal festival in Slovenia. That costs €125, and includes a free t-shirt :lol: I dunno if I could camp for it, but no doubt you could get a crappy hotel for a few nights for feck-all too!

Do it! Go for the hotel option, why carry a tent all that way when there are hotels waiting for your call... you know it makes sense.
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Of course they're going to do festivals, the $1 million pay cheques make it viable for them to come over, especially when the exchange rate is unfavourable to them. Without them we would be very unlikely to see PJ here. The fines they got from the o2 in 2009 probably ate a good chunk of any profit they may have made. :D:D

So long as they balance it out with their own shows in mid-week we'll all be happy, those of us that hate festival sets can just avoid them :D:D and if it's all festivals then we have choices to make!

if thats what happens, then cool i'll make it to there own shows, but if it as you suggest only festivals then so be it and its not that i don't like festivals.... i've been to loads of festivals in my time, and they are the best time ever... its just when it comes to pearl jam i'd rather if i could see them in there own headlining set, so i can see the full 2 1/2 hour set, instead of a shortened down greatest hits set.
  • Options
    Evenin' all :wave:

So, Euro 2012 huh? Looks like I'll be saving after the wedding and begging my new job (if/when I get one) for some more time off after the honeymoon :D

How are we all?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    I still hope for Euro 2012, lets keep our collective fingers crossed.
    I will need to know - soon for my sanity and my saving ( :cry: ), and defo by February for purchasing any additional annual leave in the office. I only have 8 days left of this years allocation (between December and April), new allocation in April of 30 days and I have to buy extra...
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    I will need to know - soon for my sanity and my saving ( :cry: ), and defo by February for purchasing any additional annual leave in the office. I only have 8 days left of this years allocation (between December and April), new allocation in April of 30 days and I have to buy extra...

Well at the moment I have lots of leave... but no money to pay for a tour :lol:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    dottles wrote:

Buy extra leave? I remember that perk...
    Evenin' all :wave:

So, Euro 2012 huh? Looks like I'll be saving after the wedding and begging my new job (when I get one) for some more time off after the honeymoon :D

Corrected for you!

Savings are looking pitiful at the moment, just had a stack of bills I've had to pay which have eaten a large hole into the touring fund. I'm almost hoping that it's Euro 2013 instead...
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    A reasonably priced Northern gig would do me. :D
  • Options
    All showered and the house is tidy, waiting for Dave to get home from work... and my hangover has nearly gone :thumbup:

• Options
    Claireack wrote:
    A reasonably priced Northern gig would do me. :D

:lol::lol: a reasonably priced south western gig would do me...

so I'll see you in London! :D

Dinner cooked and consumed...far too much of it! Found that PJ20 is on BBC4 next Friday - Hurrah!!
    Arranged to see the girl about my dress for Sian and Daves wedding, that's about my level of excitement today.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Hi everyone!

Hi redlady! Your 'gossip' is usually right - let's hope for more than festivals!