euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Don't let Sian see that, she'll put you in a sarnie!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    cat_sandwich_1.jpg

pass the CATchup. :|:|

Heeey! Don't be rude to a TC member!
    DSC00937.jpg
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Evening all, the reality of work after a festival was not good. Thankfully nowhere near as bad as the post-tour return! Short week though, and same again next week! :D

Going to be skint this month, under-budgeted before paying my credit card off :shock: Might have to go visit the family one weekend for free meals!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    hi all :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    HI ALL
    STILL BUSY AT WORK
    INTERNET STILL NOT WORKING AT HOME

GARY LOVE THE PHOTO;S HAD COMPLEATLY FORGOT ABOUT MY NAME AT THE TRAIN STATION MADE ME LAUGH
    I GONA TRY AN GET MUDHONEY TICKETS THIS WEEK IF YOU STILL UP FOR IT

HOPE YOU ALL GOOD

DIMI WHATS THIS ABOUT OCTOBER MEET IN LONDON WHAT HAVE I MISSED

;) PAUL
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    Paul, a meet up is planned for 2nd October at the Intrepid Fox in London.
    I wasn't sure if I was going to go, what with the job situation, but now there is a hope in that respect (*see below)it's a bit more positive...and if Dimi can come from Greece, Bas from the Netherlands etc well...we shall see :D

On the work front, got an away day with my new team tomorrow, and start my month long trial on Tuesday - eek! My current team were all in tears today, and the few of them that were in bought me some lovely flowers. I'll still spend a couple of days down with them in the next few weeks, but they've already planned lunches and nights out.

On the gig front, looks like I am going to the Band of Horses Q session at Bush Hall in London on Thursday night, looks like I am going on my tod (a family argument means my bro is very unlikely to come), so if anyone fancies the other spot on the guest list, let me know!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    Pke wrote:
    HI ALL
    STILL BUSY AT WORK
    INTERNET STILL NOT WORKING AT HOME

GARY LOVE THE PHOTO;S HAD COMPLEATLY FORGOT ABOUT MY NAME AT THE TRAIN STATION MADE ME LAUGH
    I GONA TRY AN GET MUDHONEY TICKETS THIS WEEK IF YOU STILL UP FOR IT

HOPE YOU ALL GOOD

DIMI WHATS THIS ABOUT OCTOBER MEET IN LONDON WHAT HAVE I MISSED

;) PAUL
    coming from greece to see some friends again :) dinner at hard rock and next to the bar leanne said.. :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    dottles wrote:
    I wasn't sure if I was going to go, what with the job situation, but now there is a hope in that respect (*see below)it's a bit more positive...and if Dimi can come from Greece, Bas from the Netherlands etc well...we shall see :D

On the work front, got an away day with my new team tomorrow, and start my month long trial on Tuesday - eek! My current team were all in tears today, and the few of them that were in bought me some lovely flowers. I'll still spend a couple of days down with them in the next few weeks, but they've already planned lunches and nights out.

On the gig front, looks like I am going to the Band of Horses Q session at Bush Hall in London on Thursday night, looks like I am going on my tod (a family argument means my bro is very unlikely to come), so if anyone fancies the other spot on the guest list, let me know!

Oh my god im super interested!
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:

Lots of good in that post, glad to see things sorting themselves out for you Leanne! Just hope the family thing wasn't too bad and will sort itself out... families eh!

Enjoy the Band of Horses, I hear Bush Hall is a great venue so should be an excellent evening!

Absolutely shattered so I'm off to bed.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    hola!!! :)
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    hola!!! :)

olá
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Howiyiiiz! Tis a nice crisp morning out today, I forgot how much I love Autumn :roll:

Quite tempted to join you all in London in October :shock:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    Howiyiiiz! Tis a nice crisp morning out today, I forgot how much I love Autumn :roll:

Not coming isnt an option 8-)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    You gonna pay for my flight, then?! :P
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:

You going in October :shock:

Not sure if I can :cry:
    Jennytree wrote:
    You gonna pay for my flight, then?! :P
    the funny is that im not paying for mine as well,its a gift from pj freaks - friends for my birthday,jamily is the best family in the world..
    Jennytree wrote:

You going in October :shock:

Not sure if I can :cry:
    :twisted:
    you got room for a little one.. :D

well me not so little.
    what?speak in Greekglish to understand u :lol:
    http://www.visions.de/community/konzert ... 30-06-2010

for berlin..

Google Translate:

"How fragile we are" is written on a memorial stone in the Danish town of Roskilde, in the place that has the annual Roskilde Festival its name. It commemorates the nine people, before 30 June 2000 during a concert in the crush of a the festival's stages were killed. The band, which played at that time - they were Pearl Jam.

The accident took place also for people who are not otherwise occupied with music, known and provided for increased safety awareness of both the organizers and the audience. And he accompanies the band to this day (of the families of the victims to speak). On the tenth anniversary of the disaster played Pearl Jam about 350 kilometers south of Berlin in Wuhlheide.

While in Fanforen already speculated in the run, was whether they would play Love Boat Captain, the song that takes on the misfortune reference, it takes almost two hours this evening until Eddie Vedder turns to the audience and to the situation before ten o'clock years, recalls that was so unlike that evening in Berlin. After a brief pause, he has defeated the tears. He thanked the families of the deceased audience for their friendship and asks for a moment of silence. These impressions outshine a completely euphoric concert evening, spent the band from Seattle for the second time in less than a year in the Wuhlheide.

For one of only three concerts that take place on their European tour not in the context of festivals, the fans have traveled from all over Europe. We hear various languages, see the flags of Ireland, Greece, Italy, Macedonia. Judging Two Czechs in the interior can do it, her facial expression and the wild waving the flag for, do not believe to be there. A first look at the sunlit About Vedder may well look as if he pushes for Queens Under Pressure to support act Ben Harper and his "Relentless 7", which are actually a trio, to the stage. It is not the last collaboration of the evening. Then obtaining Pearl Jam, Peter Buck and Scott McCaughey of REM (Which are currently recording their new album in Berlin) for a cover version of Kick Out the Jams on the stage. It sounds a bit like as if the shallow men "rocking again" want anyway.

It is gratifying to see how well the numerous songs played to get the current, highly successful album, The Resistance. Surprisingly, the ballads in particular stand out The End and Just Breathe. Time and again the audience responded with Laola waves - but without having to understand Vedder & Co. The principle that requires a shot off, so that the arms go up at the start of the wave simultaneously. What a strange picture for them to watch must be thousands of people in how they stretch out their arms and squeeze in anticipation of a signal, an attenuated "Ooooooh ..." - and at some point in the absence of this signal more or less likely the arms of coordinated high-and then runternehmen. That alone gets the audience before the show up much better.

That was forgiven, however, in view of many highlights, not least the songs of the debut album Ten in 1991. The Black national anthem, they extend to almost ten minutes Mitschwelgübung. Alive not be missing and decide the night before Yellow Ledbetter @ venues as the conclusion. Black and Alive is the way those songs that Vedder's speech and the following plays Come Back, will accompany the moment of most will remain in memory.
    and the ohhhh before eddie talk about familes i proudly say that me and Hinny starts that one!!! :D
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    http://www.visions.de/community/konzertkritiken/1739/pearl-jam/berlin-30-06-2010

for berlin..

Google Translate:

"How fragile we are" is written on a memorial stone in the Danish town of Roskilde, in the place that has the annual Roskilde Festival its name. It commemorates the nine people, before 30 June 2000 during a concert in the crush of a the festival's stages were killed. The band, which played at that time - they were Pearl Jam.

The accident took place also for people who are not otherwise occupied with music, known and provided for increased safety awareness of both the organizers and the audience. And he accompanies the band to this day (of the families of the victims to speak). On the tenth anniversary of the disaster played Pearl Jam about 350 kilometers south of Berlin in Wuhlheide.

While in Fanforen already speculated in the run, was whether they would play Love Boat Captain, the song that takes on the misfortune reference, it takes almost two hours this evening until Eddie Vedder turns to the audience and to the situation before ten o'clock years, recalls that was so unlike that evening in Berlin. After a brief pause, he has defeated the tears. He thanked the families of the deceased audience for their friendship and asks for a moment of silence. These impressions outshine a completely euphoric concert evening, spent the band from Seattle for the second time in less than a year in the Wuhlheide.

For one of only three concerts that take place on their European tour not in the context of festivals, the fans have traveled from all over Europe. We hear various languages, see the flags of Ireland, Greece, Italy, Macedonia. Judging Two Czechs in the interior can do it, her facial expression and the wild waving the flag for, do not believe to be there. A first look at the sunlit About Vedder may well look as if he pushes for Queens Under Pressure to support act Ben Harper and his "Relentless 7", which are actually a trio, to the stage. It is not the last collaboration of the evening. Then obtaining Pearl Jam, Peter Buck and Scott McCaughey of REM (Which are currently recording their new album in Berlin) for a cover version of Kick Out the Jams on the stage. It sounds a bit like as if the shallow men "rocking again" want anyway.

It is gratifying to see how well the numerous songs played to get the current, highly successful album, The Resistance. Surprisingly, the ballads in particular stand out The End and Just Breathe. Time and again the audience responded with Laola waves - but without having to understand Vedder & Co. The principle that requires a shot off, so that the arms go up at the start of the wave simultaneously. What a strange picture for them to watch must be thousands of people in how they stretch out their arms and squeeze in anticipation of a signal, an attenuated "Ooooooh ..." - and at some point in the absence of this signal more or less likely the arms of coordinated high-and then runternehmen. That alone gets the audience before the show up much better.

That was forgiven, however, in view of many highlights, not least the songs of the debut album Ten in 1991. The Black national anthem, they extend to almost ten minutes Mitschwelgübung. Alive not be missing and decide the night before Yellow Ledbetter @ venues as the conclusion. Black and Alive is the way those songs that Vedder's speech and the following plays Come Back, will accompany the moment of most will remain in memory.

Oh Dimi, Google translate for this is SHIT!!! Makes no sense at all :twisted:
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    71step28 wrote:
    http://www.visions.de/community/konzertkritiken/1739/pearl-jam/berlin-30-06-2010

for berlin..

Google Translate:

Oh Dimi, Google translate for this is SHIT!!! Makes no sense at all :twisted:

Can we have a proper translation so :D
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    What's up???? still in France but raining today so farting qbout on the laptop!
    redrock wrote:
    What's up???? still in France but raining today so farting qbout on the laptop!
    all cool,nothing for your tour u waiting,a guy gives for free his vinyl,people get banned cos post bad words,
    ill be at london meeting at 2nd October...so see you soon :)
    Evening all,
    Had a development day with my new team today - scary, very scary but good!
    I have warned them I need a couple of days off in December, and possibly a day or two in October ;):D
    Dave, how come you're not sure about it? I know October is a busy month for you guys.

Ed, (or anyone else) if you did wanna come tomorrow night, let me know. Bro not gotten back to me, and my mate James who loves them can't come as he can't get there in time. It's doors at 7.30, you have to be in by 8pm. I have no idea if it will be a full set, I presume so as it's being recorded, but can't guarantee anything!
    I have the email from the lady at Bauer Media, and the following -
    BAND OF HORSES
    We're excited to announce that Band of Horses will play an exclusive Q gig!
    Q readers can expect to hear new tracks from the Low Country's finest as part of Q Sessions on August 26th at Bush Hall, London. Their new album Infinite Arms sees Ben Bridwell, Tyler Ramsey, Creighton Barrett, Bill Reynolds and Ryan Monroe's musical evolution culminate in this expansive third album.
    Band of Horses will perform this intimate gig exclusively for Q Magazine readers.

The weather is awful here today, full on stormy....
    dottles wrote:
    Evening all,
    Had a development day with my new team today - scary, very scary but good!
    I have warned them I need a couple of days off in December, and possibly a day or two in October ;):D
    Dave, how come you're not sure about it? I know October is a busy month for you guys.

Ed, (or anyone else) if you did wanna come tomorrow night, let me know. Bro not gotten back to me, and my mate James who loves them can't come as he can't get there in time. It's doors at 7.30, you have to be in by 8pm. I have no idea if it will be a full set, I presume so as it's being recorded, but can't guarantee anything!
    I have the email from the lady at Bauer Media, and the following -
    BAND OF HORSES
    We're excited to announce that Band of Horses will play an exclusive Q gig!
    Q readers can expect to hear new tracks from the Low Country's finest as part of Q Sessions on August 26th at Bush Hall, London. Their new album Infinite Arms sees Ben Bridwell, Tyler Ramsey, Creighton Barrett, Bill Reynolds and Ryan Monroe's musical evolution culminate in this expansive third album.
    Band of Horses will perform this intimate gig exclusively for Q Magazine readers.

The weather is awful here today, full on stormy....
    why scary?
    Because it's a new field of work, with new people, big challenges and I am already being asked to attend things/sit on panels/write reports etc...and I don't actually start until Tuesday! :shock: :lol:

I have been given one of the largest areas of specialism, it is normally given to a senior officer/principal officer...but they've asked me to take it on. I will be the first person at 'officer' level to do the role, everyone else was higher. They reckon I can cope...that's a big assumption. but I'll try!