euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Ok folks, the girlies and guys I work with have set me a challenge on tour.
    I am driving them mad going on about it, each morning they ask me how many days left, what lists have I made etc...

Anyway, the challenge involves Mr Bendy...now, no dirty thoughts!! Basically, he's a little bendy man one of the lads was given at a conference and he sits on his desk..until the tour, when he's coming with me. The challenge is I have to take a photo of him with you folks, at landmarks, at gigs (with a Guinness in Dublin etc...)
    The biggie is, if I manage to get him photographed with the band, Scott (who Mr Bendy belongs to) and Lyn (a Police Inspector I work with) are going to take me out for dinner at a v posh restaurant :D

So, I would like to introduce Mr Bendy (who can be renamed) and ask for your help :mrgreen:
    In his usual habitat...
    PearlJamPreTour001.jpg

Saying hello...
    PearlJamPreTour003.jpg

On my desk...
    PearlJamPreTour005.jpg

Looking to see how many days it is until he goes on tour...
    PearlJamPreTour007.jpg
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Karley wrote:
    I doubt Belfast and Dublin will be any less than absolutely astonishing! Berlin on the other hand...the Wuhlheide seems to be some kind of european MSG show, I think the guys are actually really looking forward to play this show! :D

As Dublin almost always happens to be the first European show, it's almost like a warm-up gig for the band, I guess. I remember in '06 the actual gig was pretty short, compared to the average time they spend on stage.

And yes, as I experienced myself last year, they actually love Berlin, it must be one of their favourite shows. It's ovbiously the beautiful venue, but I'm also sure that it's also us making it so special, and they sense that!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • dottles wrote:
    I am driving them mad going on about it, each morning they ask me how many days left, what lists have I made etc...

Anyway, the challenge involves Mr Bendy...now, no dirty thoughts!! Basically, he's a little bendy man one of the lads was given at a conference and he sits on his desk..until the tour, when he's coming with me. The challenge is I have to take a photo of him with you folks, at landmarks, at gigs (with a Guinness in Dublin etc...)
    The biggie is, if I manage to get him photographed with the band, Scott (who Mr Bendy belongs to) and Lyn (a Police Inspector I work with) are going to take me out for dinner at a v posh restaurant :D

So, I would like to introduce Mr Bendy (who can be renamed) and ask for your help :mrgreen:

Sounds like fun :D
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    danleri wrote:
    Karley wrote:
    I doubt Belfast and Dublin will be any less than absolutely astonishing! Berlin on the other hand...the Wuhlheide seems to be some kind of european MSG show, I think the guys are actually really looking forward to play this show! :D

As Dublin almost always happens to be the first European show, it's almost like a warm-up gig for the band, I guess. I remember in '06 the actual gig was pretty short, compared to the average time they spend on stage.

And yes, as I experienced myself last year, they actually love Berlin, it must be one of their favourite shows. It's ovbiously the beautiful venue, but I'm also sure that it's also us making it so special, and they sense that!
    you number 1 freak.... 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Leanne you're mad :lol:
    edited June 2010
    dottles wrote:

Sounds like fun :D

I wondered what on earth they were going to challenge me at first! But yeah, I think it's quite a cool challenge.
    I have warned them that with you folks he might get photographed in compromising positions!
    Post edited by dottles on
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    Brisk. wrote:
    Yes, I am :lol::lol:
    Brisk. wrote:
    i thought the same :lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottles wrote:
    I wondered what on earth they were going to challenge me at first! But yeah, I think it's quite a cool challenge.
    I have warned them that with you he might get photographed in compromising positions!

:lol: Very true.

Looks like we have a tour mascott :D
    Brisk. wrote:

So, you not going to have your photo taken with him then? :cry::cry:;):lol:

(hey, it's all good fun, it saves me sending postcards from each place to the office!)
    dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

So, you not going to have your photo taken with him then? :cry::cry:;):lol:

(hey, it's all good fun, it saves me sending postcards from each place to the office!)
    ofcourse i do!!! ;)
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    danleri wrote:
    Karley wrote:

I see on the 02 site PJ are supposed to be on from 20:45 - 23:00. Is that usual time for this venue? Can't see PJ breaking any curfew on the first show. Still there's a lot of joy you can squeeze in to 135mins! :D Holy f**k I can't wait. 2 weeks today and 3 weeks until the first part of my Berlin trip. :):D:mrgreen:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    dottles wrote:

In his usual habitat...
    PearlJamPreTour001.jpg

Saying hello...
    PearlJamPreTour003.jpg

On my desk...
    PearlJamPreTour005.jpg

Looking to see how many days it is until he goes on tour...
    PearlJamPreTour007.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Looking forward to meeting Mr. Bendy :mrgreen:
    Great idea and I do hope you win that dinner!!
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
    We're going to have to re-name him...any suggestions???
    dottles wrote:
    Mr tourhorny... :lol::lol:
  • dottles wrote:

Jim
    Frank? :lol:
  • Frankie Blue-balls
    Frankie Blue-balls

:lol: lets keep it simple...I might have to introduce him to the band :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    dottles wrote:
    Evil Little Gimp ;)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • dottles wrote:
    Frankie Blue-balls

:lol: lets keep it simple...I might have to introduce him to the band :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Engleburt?
    blue kukuruku
    dottles wrote:
    Frankie Blue-balls

Engleburt?

Now that could be a winner....
  • audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    He should be called Dave. You don't get many of those anymore. Or Phil. Or Judas, though that name is ten a penny thesedays.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Hey weirdos ;)

anyone gonna watch this in 10 mins?

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsServl ... llpage.jsp
  • audiodave wrote:
    He should be called Dave. You don't get many of those anymore. Or Phil. Or Judas, though that name is ten a penny thesedays.

All the cool people are called Dave 8-)
    audiodave wrote:

:lol::lol: I had thought of Dave actually, but thought he might be too much competition for a few of them already on tour
    Dave is a cool name but short..Dimitris is bigger :lol::lol:
    Dwayne?
  • dottles wrote:
    Dwayne?

Dibley?