euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• u mmmuuuttthhhaaafuckers...u are all so exciting..i love u all!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Paka wrote:
    since we're already talking about festivals...

please do the balkans a favor and come to play at the

EXIT FESTIVAL!!!!

I support your efforts, I've been curious about Exit since day 1 but never managed to get there. Nova Rock has me every year but that's a pricy one so usually no money's left for other foreign festivals in the same month! But if PJ visits the festival, nothing's impossible...
    And what about VOLT Festival, Sopron, Hungary? (at the very beginning of July). It is a very nice and intimate one in a rather spectacular mountain top and is close to Vienna and not far from Bp. ;) !

[Rotterdam] was fantastic, and imo was better than Berlin

I do agree with you, it was more intense and intimate!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    See I go Christmas shopping for the day (only another 15 people to buy for - half way there!) and come back to much excitement - :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Do you reckon that once announced officially they are headlining HRC, 10C will announce a European tour?
    I may console myself with not being able to make HRC if I can make other gigs...if not I may have to get of Glastonbury :? :? :?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Hearing all these places. What is looking likley??
    D, Im aimimg this question at you my friend!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Hearing all these places. What is looking likley??
    D, Im aimimg this question at you my friend!
    actually friends here express what they like to happen...already tell in previous post ill take 20 days pj tour vacation..so in this 20 days ill take ...all the gigs :D (festival-pj concert,unplugged,ev solo,boom solo :lol: )
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Dann2000 wrote:

HRC is not a festival in the traditional sense, it's a PJ outdoors concert with 2 or 3 support acts.

Bravo, well put my friend!
    AARGH...all these speculations are making my mouth watering just as badly as when Dimitri would be making a delicious bunch of Souvlakis and Moussakas for me..:D
  • Getting so very excited about the Euro tour news!! Have always travelled mostly to see the guys because I'm in Ireland and it's been awhile since they were here. Any inklings whether or not the Dublin show is confirmed? The last 2 times in the Point Depot were amazing and it would be a great feeling of nostalagia to see them again there. 1996 feels like so long ago!!!!.(one of my 1st proper concerts at sweet 16!)...alas.....
  • Getting so very excited about the Euro tour news!! Have always travelled mostly to see the guys because I'm in Ireland and it's been awhile since they were here. Any inklings whether or not the Dublin show is confirmed? The last 2 times in the Point Depot were amazing and it would be a great feeling of nostalagia to see them again there. 1996 feels like so long ago!!!!.(one of my 1st proper concerts at sweet 16!)...alas.....
    wellcome to the madness and the Euro tour especially,i hope they do Dublin,i want to have drinks with my friends in a quality pub down there :D
  • To be honest, I would have no issue if the guys only played festival shows in the UK next year. Of course I'm spoiled because I live near London, but as amazing as the small London shows have been (Astoria and Shepherd's Bush), I think Reading and the O2 shows were even better. Maybe it's just me, but I think Pearl Jam with a big audience is just incredible, the sing alongs are better, and the band seem to be truly in awe of the following they have over here. With that in mind, I think Hard Rock Calling would be perfect for them. I've been to HRC twice now, the first time was Aeromsith headlining with Chris Cornell as special guest, the weather was awful and Cornell stole the show big time. The second time was last year with Springsteen, DMB, Gaslight Anthem etc, and the whole day was incredible. If the weather's good, it would be a brilliant day out.
  • ill bring sun from Greece,dont worry about the weather :D
  • Dann2000Dann2000 Posts: 162
    ill bring sun from Greece,dont worry about the weather :D

Yes please.

Hurrah, can you send it over in advance, my birthday is the 16th June :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 

Nothing could be worse than the Aerosmith/Cornell show, it was the middle of summer, but it felt like winter, the rain was relentless. Cornell aboslutely embraced it though, he was right out down the the catwalk with the audience, soaking wet and singing his balls off! When Aerosmith finally came out they did an hour and fucked off! Disappointing end to the day. Springsteen on the other hand, played for around three hours, and was utterly brilliant!
  • dottles wrote:

16th June?....everything happen for a reason...i still believe it...

Nothing could be worse than the Aerosmith/Cornell show, it was the middle of summer, but it felt like winter, the rain was relentless. Cornell aboslutely embraced it though, he was right out down the the catwalk with the audience, soaking wet and singing his balls off! When Aerosmith finally came out they did an hour and fucked off! Disappointing end to the day. Springsteen on the other hand, played for around three hours, and was utterly brilliant!
    told u..no worries..ask in thread,friends here if i bring sun to Europe tour 2009 :D
  • Dann2000Dann2000 Posts: 162

told u..no worries..ask in thread,friends here if i bring sun to Europe tour 2009 :D

You bring the sun and I'll bring the whiskey
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,481
    ...I think Hard Rock Calling would be perfect for them. I've been to HRC twice now, the first time was Aeromsith headlining with Chris Cornell as special guest, the weather was awful and Cornell stole the show big time. The second time was last year with Springsteen, DMB, Gaslight Anthem etc, and the whole day was incredible. If the weather's good, it would be a brilliant day out.
    I think HRC would be perfect for them too. I was at the Neil Young and Ben Harper day last year (the day before Bruce played) and it was amazing. Hyde Park is so good for an all-dayer and it would be more like PJ plus 3 or 4 guests than a festival
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush wrote:
    ...I think Hard Rock Calling would be perfect for them. I've been to HRC twice now, the first time was Aeromsith headlining with Chris Cornell as special guest, the weather was awful and Cornell stole the show big time. The second time was last year with Springsteen, DMB, Gaslight Anthem etc, and the whole day was incredible. If the weather's good, it would be a brilliant day out.
    I think HRC would be perfect for them too. I was at the Neil Young and Ben Harper day last year (the day before Bruce played) and it was amazing. Hyde Park is so good for an all-dayer and it would be more like PJ plus 3 or 4 guests than a festival

Exactly, and just think who they could get as guests!!!

I just think there's only so many arena shows they can do over here, of course they will always be good, but I'm looking for an EVENT, something to look back on in the same way I do the Springsteen show or PJ at Reading, those huge shows seem to feel so much bigger, if that makes sense :?
  • Dann2000 wrote:

You bring the sun and I'll bring the whiskey
    just to let u know,my sun comes with Ouzo too :mrgreen:
    goldrush wrote:

Exactly, and just think who they could get as guests!!!

I just think there's only so many arena shows they can do over here, of course they will always be good, but I'm looking for an EVENT, something to look back on in the same way I do the Springsteen show or PJ at Reading, those huge shows seem to feel so much bigger, if that makes sense :?
    I know exactly what you mean. My first ever PJ show was Finsbury Park in 93 supporting Neil Young. It wasn't a festival, just a 5 band day in the sun, but it felt like such an event.

Reading 06 is still one of my favourite PJ shows too, despite having to wait through Placebo's non-existent set until PJ came on!

(Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush wrote:
    I know exactly what you mean. My first ever PJ show was Finsbury Park in 93 supporting Neil Young. It wasn't a festival, just a 5 band day in the sun, but it felt like such an event.

Reading 06 is still one of my favourite PJ shows too, despite having to wait through Placebo's non-existent set until PJ came on!
    i never be in hyde par festival before but O2 is the right place for pj to play,the sound is amazing
  • i never be in hyde par festival before but O2 is the right place for pj to play,the sound is amazing

Yeah the sound is great there, but I can't see them topping the show earlier in the year, it was just mind-blowing. Hyde park is as good as any out door venue, and a big park packed with PJ fans in the middle of summer would be perfect, plus it won't be so difficult to get tickets! It's all good to me!
  • i never be in hyde par festival before but O2 is the right place for pj to play,the sound is amazing

Yeah the sound is great there, but I can't see them topping the show earlier in the year, it was just mind-blowing. Hyde park is as good as any out door venue, and a big park packed with PJ fans in the middle of summer would be perfect, plus it won't be so difficult to get tickets! It's all good to me!
    count me in. 8-)
  • goldrush wrote:

Yeah, I mean I don't mind Placebo, but what with all the technical delays and stuff, it was pretty damn boring.
    dottles wrote:

Yes, I shall be 31 :cry::cry::cry:
  • dottles wrote:

Yes, I shall be 31 :cry::cry::cry:
    31th is mine....told u.
    goldrush wrote:

i never be in hyde par festival before but O2 is the right place for pj to play,the sound is amazing
    Yeah the O2 is without doubt one of the best sounding venues in the UK, which is a miracle as the whole venue turned into a bit of a joke after the millennium (before some genius decided to put gigs in there).

Hyde Park is a lot better than you would expect. It's basically just a really big park and normally you'd think the sound would get lost in such a big outdoor space but somehow they manage to get great quality sound there.

This is a video that I took last year on an ordinary crappy digital camera. It's a bit jumpy but it gives you a pretty good idea of how good the sound is there:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ZGmrodDps

(Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush wrote:
    goldrush wrote:

Yeah the O2 is without doubt one of the best sounding venues in the UK, which is a miracle as the whole venue turned into a bit of a joke after the millennium (before some genius decided to put gigs in there).

Hyde Park is a lot better than you would expect. It's basically just a really big park and normally you'd think the sound would get lost in such a big outdoor space but somehow they manage to get great quality sound there.

This is a video that I took last year on an ordinary crappy digital camera. It's a bit jumpy but it gives you a pretty good idea of how good the sound is there:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ZGmrodDps
    after O2 show i stay for a week in london as vacation,,i love where the venue is,i spent alot of timr in hyde park..
    goldrush wrote:

Yeah, I mean I don't mind Placebo, but what with all the technical delays and stuff, it was pretty damn boring.
    Considering it had been a pretty full-on day up until then - Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Bullet for my Valentine etc - it almost died on it's arse when Placebo's power failed. It's a shame cos I quite like a lot of their stuff but it put a bit of pressure on PJ to pull off a storming set to get a festival crowd back on their side.

I was watching the dvd of it last week and I still think Ed is the only guy in the world that could get 40,000 people to sing along to a ukelele version of Sabbath's "Iron Man" :D

(Tim Rogers)
  • goldrush wrote:

I was watching the dvd of it last week and I still think Ed is the only guy in the world that could get 40,000 people to sing along to a ukelele version of Sabbath's "Iron Man" :D
    ok there is another guy can do that too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-SbZmaU_7I