• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Talking about transportation what's the best way to get from:

a) Belfast to London
    b) and London to Berlin

Think I should fly?
    bmi flight from belfast to london,,most of us fly at 17:35
    BA london - berlin..

Cool - flying the 24th? Also what's bmi and BA (sry haven't looked much into flights, so likely a dumb question)?
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Red Lukin wrote:

Cool - flying the 24th? Also what's bmi and BA (sry haven't looked much into flights, so likely a dumb question)?

BMI is British Midland and BA is British Airways
    Currently BA cabin crew are running a series of strikes meaning there are cancelled/delayed flights around strike days and although I can't see them lasting until the summer (it's costing BA £7million a day in lost revenue) you never know.
    I'm flying to London on the 24th with BMI but on the flight before D I think, sort of mid afternoon
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    someone sell me a berlin ticket!!! i'll let you crash by me for the msg shows
    ,,i mail gelardo yesterday again,he said to wait a little more.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Sup everybody!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    hey all,,did anyone has pro with time in the forum..i ss all 2 hours before,i post at 16:00 here and says 14:00 :roll:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • hey all,,did anyone has pro with time in the forum..i ss all 2 hours before,i post at 16:00 here and says 14:00 :roll:

Clocks went forward 1 hour for us in the UK at 1am last night, maybe had something to do with that?
    hey all,,did anyone has pro with time in the forum..i ss all 2 hours before,i post at 16:00 here and says 14:00 :roll:

Clocks went forward 1 hour for us in the UK at 1am last night, maybe had something to do with that?

I adjusted my profile clock to be BST earlier, but the post times are showing up correctly with me.

Dave, how's it going? Ready to be a student yet?
    Tour time soon :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:

I adjusted my profile clock to be BST earlier, but the post times are showing up correctly with me.

Dave, how's it going? Ready to be a student yet?
    Tour time soon :D

Still hasn't sunk in really.

Got my first set of euros yesterday :D Only 2 more pay days :shock:
    Yeah, my pay day is on Wednesday so after that it is two pay days, and luckily for me...my birthday! Plus I get paid on the day of the Berlin show.
    As a guide, how much money are people going to take with them? I have no idea how much I should be taking, or changing into Euros (I have been keeping an eye on the rates). I've got my hotel money put to one side, might load it on to one of those pre pay credit cards with no charges and use that for my rooms (rather than taking my own credit card which has a stupid load of fees for paying in a foreign currency).
    (aah, you're gonna be a great student, and if it were me it wouldn't sink in until I left work!!)

same here hour change..,,but thanks to Yvi i got the changes in my profile..its ok now
    Thanks girl :)
  • dottles wrote:
    Yeah, my pay day is on Wednesday so after that it is two pay days, and luckily for me...my birthday! Plus I get paid on the day of the Berlin show.
    As a guide, how much money are people going to take with them? I have no idea how much I should be taking, or changing into Euros (I have been keeping an eye on the rates). I've got my hotel money put to one side, might load it on to one of those pre pay credit cards with no charges and use that for my rooms (rather than taking my own credit card which has a stupid load of fees for paying in a foreign currency).
    (aah, you're gonna be a great student, and if it were me it wouldn't sink in until I left work!!)

We're aiming for about £1000 in total - £200 is for accomodation and the rest is just spends / food / travel ect. I get paid while im in Germany too.

Yeah the post office do pre paid cards ect so i think i'll get one of them. Using your own cards abroad is expensive.
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249

same here hour change..,,but thanks to Yvi i got the changes in my profile..its ok now
    Thanks girl :)

:thumbup: :wave:
    I need to get some $, Ah the stress!!! :lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates

Oi, remember you are going on tour with us lot after your American jaunt!!
    :lol:;)
    dottles wrote:

We're aiming for about £1000 in total - £200 is for accomodation and the rest is just spends / food / travel ect. I get paid while im in Germany too.

Yeah the post office do pre paid cards ect so i think i'll get one of them. Using your own cards abroad is expensive.

:lol: so I should take £2000 then!
    I didn't know the post office did those cards, I'll have a look. I saw some recommended on the moneysaving expert site.
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    ah the joys of already being in the euro :D
    satansbed wrote:
    +1 :)
    dottles wrote:
    BMI is British Midland and BA is British Airways
    Currently BA cabin crew are running a series of strikes meaning there are cancelled/delayed flights around strike days and although I can't see them lasting until the summer (it's costing BA £7million a day in lost revenue) you never know.
    I'm flying to London on the 24th with BMI but on the flight before D I think, sort of mid afternoon

Ahh got it! Ouch, would not like to book a flight through BA if they are on strike. I'm with you in that it won't last, but still.
    satansbed wrote:

Well you'll have to change money for London :)
    dottles wrote:

Yup Can't wait!!!! :D;)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    dottles wrote:

Yup Can't wait!!!! :D;)

Good :D:D we'll live vicariously through you in New York, and then you can be fined with alcohol every time you brag on tour ;):lol:
    Hey I could use your help. I can book from Bel to Lon for 45 pounds through BMI, or 17 pounds through Ryanair. Ryanair drops me off at Stansted but BMI gets me to Heathrow.

Do you think it's best to pay the extra $ and book through BMI?
    :lol:;)[/quote]

Yup Can't wait!!!! :D;)[/quote]

Good :D:D we'll live vicariously through you in New York, and then you can be fined with alcohol every time you brag on tour ;):lol:[/quote]

hahahahahaha, :lol:;) !

il try my best to get some good pictures for you!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    dottles wrote:
    satansbed wrote:

Well you'll have to change money for London :)
    im not going to london, il need to change for belfast though
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Hey I could use your help. I can book from Bel to Lon for 45 pounds through BMI, or 17 pounds through Ryanair. Ryanair drops me off at Stansted but BMI gets me to Heathrow.

my personal opinion is yes, but that is because I don't like Ryanair, especially as you'll not end up paying £17 by the time they add in all the charges, they have a luggage size limit for the hold as well as a lower weight limit. Stansted is further out and you can go direct from Heathrow to Paddington if you are staying near Hyde Park.
    Maybe run the journey through the flight finder on tripadvisor, but use the one that adds on the additional fees (Fees Estimator I think its called).
    dottles wrote:
    Red Lukin wrote:

my personal opinion is yes, but that is because I don't like Ryanair, especially as you'll not end up paying £17 by the time they add in all the charges, they have a luggage size limit for the hold as well as a lower weight limit. Stansted is further out and you can go direct from Heathrow to Paddington if you are staying near Hyde Park.
    Maybe run the journey through the flight finder on tripadvisor, but use the one that adds on the additional fees (Fees Estimator I think its called).

Cool thanks - gonna look at tripadvisor right now. Not sure I get the extra fees. I know Ryanair likes to charge extra but i'm not checking my luggage - just bring a carry-on.

You guys are flying out of Belfast city right, not Belfast Int? Also, I just tried to get a hotel in Belfast for a night through priceline but got declined. Where are the jammers staying and how much $?

Edit - tripadvisor is with you. I'm gonna go with BMI..thanks for all the help...i'm such a newb :)
  • I will stay at The Days Hotel Belfast. The hotel is located right beside Great Victoria Street Bus & Train Station and Central Station is just 2 minutes away.

Booked a twin room for £50 at booking.com.

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.ht ... gin=disamb
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
    Nice to be able to help :D
    There is a whole load of us staying at the Premier Inn on Waring Street in Belfast -
    http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/BELBAR/belfast-city-centre-waring-st
    I will stay at The Days Hotel Belfast. The hotel is located right beside Great Victoria Street Bus & Train Station and Central Station is just 2 minutes away.

Booked a twin room for £50 at booking.com.

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.ht ... gin=disamb
    nice catch :)
    edited March 2010
    im gonna see my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

http://www.cbsradio.com/contests/pearljambackspacer

2010 European Tour Announced

Pearl Jam announced today that they will play a series of select European festival and headlining tour dates in June and July of 2010. The band's European dates kick off in Dublin, Ireland at the 02 Arena and close at the Optimus Alive Festival in Lisbon, Portugal.

PEARL JAM EUROPE 2010

DATE CITY VENUE
    22-June * Dublin, Ireland 02 Arena
    23-June * Belfast, Ireland Odyssey Arena
    25-June London, England Hard Rock Calling Hyde Park
    27-June ** Nijmegen, Holland Rock In Park Festival
    30-June * Berlin, Germany Wuhlheide
    1-July ** Gdynia, Poland Heineken Open'er Festival
    3-July Arras, France Main Square Festival
    4-July Werchter, Belgium Rock Werchter Festival
    6-July ** Venive Italy Heineken Jammin Festival
    9-July ** Bilbao, Spain BBK Live Festival
    10-July Oeiras, Portugal Optimus Alive Festival

* Pearl Jam headlining dates. Opening acts TBA.
    ** Potential additional dates and corresponding on-sale information may be announced.

Ten Club is offering pre-sale tickets to active members only for the following shows:

• Dublin 22-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 9AM Pacific (5 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
    • Belfast 23-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 10AM Pacific (6 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
    • London 25-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 11AM Pacific (7 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
    • Berlin 30-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 12 Noon Pacific (8 PM London) Wednesday 9-December

You must be an active member as of December 4, 2009 to qualify for the pre-sale.

Beginning Wednesday, 9-December at 9 AM Pacific time, Ten Club tickets can be purchased online at https://www.pearljam.com/max with a Visa or Mastercard only. No phone orders. Ticket prices will vary. Ten Club tickets are available while supplies last. The pre-sale will end Thursday, 10-December at 2 PM Pacific time. For wheelchair accessible seating, please make your ticket purchase online, then contact <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> <http://www.pearljam.com/node/add/tickets@tenclub.net&gt; for details. Eligible Ten Club members are allowed to purchase two (2) tickets per show. No single tickets are sold.

Ten Club pre-sale tickets will be "standing-only" tickets. Ten Club members purchasing these tickets will be allowed early entry. Details to follow upon confirmation.

Please read the following details before making a ticket purchase:

- Tickets are not mailed in advance. Tickets are distributed at the venue on the day of the show.

- The fan club member must collect the tickets with a valid photo identification. No exceptions.

- Purchasing Ten Club tickets means you agree to all Ten Club ticket policies and distributing procedures.

- Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase and revocation of all future ticket benefits.

- All ticket sales are final. No refunds. No transfers. No exchanges.

- All dates are subject to change.

Stay tuned to http://www.pearljam.com for public on-sale information and vendors.

Questions about Ten Club tickets can be answered here http://www.pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets, emailing <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e --> <http://www.pearljam.com/node/add/tickets@tenclub.net&gt; , or by calling 800-724-8038 (international phone rates may apply).

Thanks and enjoy the shows!

-10Club

**************************UPDATE**********************

*******************ALREADY ON SALE****************

25-June London, England Hard Rock Calling Hyde Park
    http://www.livenation.co.uk/festival/5/ ... ng-tickets
    £47.50

27-June Nijmegen, Holland Rock In Park Festival....

http://www.livenation.nl/festival/51/ro ... rk-tickets
    59 € single tickets
    Ticket de Luxe 159 €

30-June * Berlin, Germany Wuhlheide

OFFICIAL TICKET OUTLETS

Kartenhaus Brandenburg Hauptstraße 21
    14776 Brandenburg
    Konzertkasse im Florentinum Ferdinandstraße 12
    01067 Dresden
    Kunstkabinett Hauptstr. 17
    14776 Brandenburg
    Reisestudio Menzer Treskowallee 88
    10318 Berlin
    Theaterkasse Karow Achillesstr. 65
    13125 Berlin
    Theaterkasse Schöneberg Akazienstraße 2
    10823 Berlin
    Theaterkasse Strausberg Herrenseeallee 15
    15344 Strausberg
    Theaterkasse Zehlendorf GmbH Teltower Damm 22
    14169 Berlin
    Tickets per Post GmbH Ludwigstr. 8
    63067 Offenbach
    Trinity Concerts Gleditschstr. 79
    10823 Berlin
    Union Theaterkasse Bölschestr. 110
    12587 Berlin

ONLINE TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT

1-July Gydnia, Poland Heineken Open'er Festival
    http://www.opener.pl/en
    1-day tickets:
    from the 16th January:
    37 €

3-July Arras, France Main Square Festival
    http://www.mainsquarefestival.fr/2009/?p=1
    59,00 €

4-July Werchter, Belgium Rock Werchter Festival
    http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/home/
    76 €

6-July ** MESTRE VENICE,HEINEKEN JAMMIN FESTIVAL

http://www.ticketone.it/
    50 €
    9-July Bilbao, Spain BBK Live Festival
    http://www.generaltickets.com/bbk/index ... rer=bbk.es

10-July Oeiras, Portugal Optimus Alive Festival
    http://www.ticketline.pt/Espectaculo.as ... aculo=1610
    50 €

Dublin info

Busses to/from Dublin Airport:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey ... -Services/ (costs €6)
    http://www.aircoach.ie (costs up to €12)
    http://www.citylink.ie
    Taxi's will cost about €20

The O2 venue:
    http://www.theo2.ie/

The Luas to the O2 from city centre:
    http://www.luas.ie/index.php (Jervis or Abbey St to The Point)

Hotels-hostels
    http://www.hosteldublin.com/
    Good pubs:
    http://www.whelanslive.com/
    http://www.thefoggydew.ie/
    http://www.fibbermagees.ie/main%20site/Home.html
    http://www.dublinks.com/index.cfm/loc/1 ... 38C5C7.htm
    http://www.dublinpubs.ie/Pub.asp?id=236

Good food:
    http://www.theginpalace.ie/
    http://www.eddierockets.ie/iopen24/
    http://www.gourmetburgercompany.ie/

BELFAST INFO

AIRPORT
    http://www.belfastairport.com/en/

TRAIN
    http://www.irishrail.ie/home/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfast_Ce ... ay_station

TRAIN-FERRY TO LONDON
    http://www.seat61.com/NorthernIreland.htm

VENUE
    http://www.odysseyarena.com/

LONDON INFO

TRANSPORTATION LONDON
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modalpages/2625.aspx

VEBUE
    http://www.hardrockcalling.co.uk/home/

NIJMEGEN INFO

VENUE
    http://www.rockinpark.nl/

TRAINS
    http://www.ns.nl/cs/Satellite/travellers

HOTELS
    http://www.hotels.nl/nijmegen/

BERLIN INFO

tickets:
    http://mct.tickets.de/en/customer/home

public transport in berlin (train and tram):

http://www.s-bahn-berlin.de/fahrplanaus ... n&modul=m1

website of the venue:

http://www.wuhlheide.de/en_index.html

berlin public bus website:

http://www.vbb-fahrinfo.de/hafas/query.exe/en?

map of berlin public transport in pdf:

http://www.berlin-airport.de/EN/Reisend ... tzBahn.pdf

map of berlin with location of venue in pdf:

http://www.wuhlheide.de/pdf/anfahrt_wuhlheide.pdf

ARRAS INFO

TRAIN PARIS - ARRAS

http://www.raileurope.co.uk/Default.aspx?tabid=36

VENICE INFO
    http://www.heineken.it/main/HeinekenJamminFestival/
    MARCO POLO AIRPORT
    http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/art ... irport.htm
    http://www.veniceairport.it/
    TREVISO AIRPORT
    http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/art ... venice.htm

BILBAO INFO
    http://www.bilbaobbklive.com/
    BILBAO AIRPORT
    http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/bilbao/airport.htm

LISBON INFO
    LISBON AIRPORT
    http://www.golisbon.com/transport/airport.html

* 10C Ticket for DUBLIN-- BELFAST - LONDON - BERLIN are SOLD OUT!!

***RUMORS on Greek news that pearl jam comes back in Athens at summer 2010
    http://www.tanea.gr/default.asp?pid=2&c ... Id=4553763

****People try to organize meeting in Dublin and London for all of us for meet ,have fun,get a drink,know eatchother,and thanks about that.

LINE UP

22 June Dublin - -
    Ben Harper & Relentless7

23-June Belfast

Ben Harper & Relentless7

25 - June London
    PEARL JAM
    BEN HARPER & RELENTLESS 7
    WOLFMOTHER
    THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM

27-June Nijmegen
    Pearl Jam
    Ben Harper and Relentless7
    Amy Macdonald
    White Lies
    Vampire Weekend
    Stereophonics
    Rise Against
    The Black Keys
    Customs

30 June Berlin

Ben Harper & Relentless7

1-July Gydnia,
    PEARL JAM
    BEN HARPER & RELENTLESS 7
    TINARIWEN
    TRICKY

3-July Arras
    PEARL JAM
    BEN HARPER & RELENTLESS7
    - M -
    PHOENIX
    WOLFMOTHER
    COHEED AND CAMBRIA

4-July Werchter
    PEARL JAM
    ARCADE FIRE
    THEM CROOKED VULTURES
    ALICE IN CHAINS
    WOLFMOTHER

6-July ** MESTRE VENICE,
    PEARL JAM
    Ben Harper & Relentless7
    SKUNK ANANSIE
    GOSSIP
    WOLFMOTHER

9-July Bilbao,
    Pearl Jam
    Alice In Chains
    Paul Weller
    Gogol Bordello
    Dropkick Murphys
    Cápsula

10-July Oeiras,
    Pearl Jam
    LCD Soundsystem
    Gogol Bordello

DUBLIN MEETING FANS
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 1168254746

LONDON MEETING FANS
    http://www.phoenixcavendishsquare.co.uk/

MORE TO COME
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on