Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    because i die an hour ago!!!!!awesome!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Solat13 wrote:
    The premiere was well worth the wait.
    It was nice of them to clear things up. :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Poncier wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:

At least some things. ;)

I thought it was a good start to the season.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    Not a bad premiere. Really liked the temple and the fact that Hugo seems to be the remaining link to Jacob. I hope they don't incorporate the alternative universe each episode. I would much rather have them focus on the island.

Curious to see the relationship with Richard and the smoke monster man. I sense a Richard backstory episode in our future!!
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    This season is going to be CRAZY and AWESOME!! There's about to be a war this season.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    Not a bad premiere. Really liked the temple and the fact that Hugo seems to be the remaining link to Jacob. !!
    But the question is, did Jacob inhabit Sayid's body?

RobertGoulet.jpg
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:

Curious to see the relationship with Richard and the smoke monster man. I sense a Richard backstory episode in our future!!
    The " nice to see you not in chains" comment seems to solidify that Richard arrived on the Black Rock.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:
    yeah sure.. :lol::lol::lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    just finnish watching it...will blow our minds!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:

The " nice to see you not in chains" comment seems to solidify that Richard arrived on the Black Rock.

Kind of what I thought, maybe he was a prisoner on the boat and he cut a deal with Jacob?
  • Options
    cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    The Champ wrote:
    And what's up with Sayid? I thought he was 'beyond saving' due to him killing hundreds of people..doesn't the entire show revolve around good vs. evil and religion? If that was truly holy water, as we were led to believe, the fucker would have stayed dead!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_Pit
  • Options
    I LOVED the episode(s) but the high point for me was definitely Anti-Locke/Flocke/Un-Locke/Smokey...
    Terry O'Quinn's performance keeps getting better and better and the part where he tells Ben, "I'm sorry you had to see me that way" gave me chills.

Lingering questions:
    The Richard Alpert chains bit....I'm assuming that the chains could refer to him being a slave on the Black Rock, but could also refer to him being Jacob's "slave" if you will...

Where is Smokey's "home"? Is he going to leave the Island and cause worldwide chaos? SMOKEY WORLD TOUR 2010!

And the obvious...who exactly is Kung Fu Panda dude in the Temple and what's on the list (names, probably, but WHY???)
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    And what's up with Sayid? I thought he was 'beyond saving' due to him killing hundreds of people..doesn't the entire show revolve around good vs. evil and religion? If that was truly holy water, as we were led to believe, the fucker would have stayed dead!

Nice, I thought it may have been along these lines
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_of_youth
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    edited February 2010
    Poncier wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:

That's an interesting theory. Could be cool.

With Richard coming on the black rock, I wonder if there are other survivers. The asian guy at the temple could have been a passenger too. The island is in the south pacific after all.
    Post edited by jervin007 on
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:
    Not a bad premiere. Really liked the temple and the fact that Hugo seems to be the remaining link to Jacob. !!

That's an interesting theory. Could be cool.

With Richard coming on the black rock, I wonder if there are other survivers. The asian guy at the temple could have been a passenger too. The island is in the south pacific after all.

I was thinking about Jacob inhabiting Sayid's body, but I don't know yet. I think it is a tempting idea, but I feel like it might be almost TOO easy. The show has trained me to not trust my instincts and theories! :D
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Nice, I thought it may have been along these lines
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_of_youth

I just thought more along the lines of a Lazarus Pit because of the healing powers rather than it actually restoring youth. I think the youth might just be a bonus. :)
  • Options
    and the chick from airplane said about Jack...i know him,,he was with me on the first flight.....
  • Options
    and the chick from airplane said about Jack...i know him,,he was with me on the first flight.....

Cindy the stewardess. She and the kids, Zack and Emma?, went to the temple in the first season I think, when the Others first attacked the camp or sometime around there. They seem to have just been hanging out there ever since.
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:

Cindy the stewardess. She and the kids, Zack and Emma?, went to the temple in the first season I think, when the Others first attacked the camp or sometime around there. They seem to have just been hanging out there ever since.
    So,all this people on the temple could be the rest of the people in the Oceanic 815
  • Options
    cdp1223 wrote:

So,all this people on the temple could be the rest of the people in the Oceanic 815

I don't think so. There might be a few more. But I think the large majority are going to be people from the Black Rock perhaps.
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    loved the premiere, but i always love lost. agree that it's getting even weirder, though...more new characters, more questions...no answers!

i liked the exchange with jack and locke in the airport... "nothing is irreversible". also interesting to see how miserable their lives are/would have been if they never crashed. is the whole season supposed to be these two parallel dimensions or whatever was going on?
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733
    I definitely think the premier was designed to convince people who thought the show might go out with a whimper that it's definitely not. It's going to be a wild mind-bending ride right up until the end, which I'm glad to see. So even though it was a little over-the-top in places it should simmer down in the coming weeks. I was a little disappointed that they killed off Juliet because she added a lot of character depth, but maybe the parallel-universe thing will help balance her loss. Who knows, though. I've learned to not speculate when it comes to this show.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    nfanel wrote:
    loved the premiere, but i always love lost. agree that it's getting even weirder, though...more new characters, more questions...no answers!

i liked the exchange with jack and locke in the airport... "nothing is irreversible". also interesting to see how miserable their lives are/would have been if they never crashed. is the whole season supposed to be these two parallel dimensions or whatever was going on?

Yes this season is going to focus on the parallel 2004 and 2007 timelines. This is a pretty good interview with the Lindelof and Cuse. Apologies if this was already posted.
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/
  • Options
    i love pearl jam people but this today makje me crazy!!!!!!!what a great show,,really in the back of my head is the thought that is gonna end and really i dont see any other show ever will be loved the same..
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    well not too many answers
    and a long list of questions

Why was Kate hanging from a tree directly after the bomb?
    Why is the imploded Swan station still there?
    How does Juliet know "it" worked?
    Why is Jacob's nemesis disappointed with the Others?
    How does Jacob know about Jin's meeting with the French team in 1988?
    Why does Charlie try to kill himself?
    Why does he think he was "supposed to die?"
    Who are the Temple Dwellers sending the signal to?
    What exactly do the flares signal?
    Why do the Others think that Jacob's nemesis is coming to the Temple?
    Why couldn't he enter the Temple while Jacob was alive?
    What is the significance of the blood on Jack's neck in the plane bathroom?
    Where is the coffin containing Christian Shephard?
    What is the significance of the hand-carved ankh inside the guitar case?
    How did Dogan know that the ankh contained a message?
    What did the message say?
    How did the translator know what Jacob's letter meant without looking at it?
    What is the significance of the water in the Temple?
    Why is it no longer clear?
    What are the "risks" that Dogan mentions?
    Why do the Others wait for the hourglass to run out when holding Sayid under water?
    What is the ash?
    What is Miles contemplating when he looks at Sayid's body?
    Where does Richard recognize Jacob's nemesis from?
    Why was Richard in chains?
    Why does Jacob's nemesis want to go home?
    Where/When is home?
    Where is Jacob's nemesis taking Richard?
    How did Desmond end up on Flight 815, and where did he go?
    Why Jack didn't remember Desmond inside Oceanic 815, whereas he did remember him instantly at [Swan|the Swan]] station?
    What are the specific causes of the changes in the alternate reality?
    Why is the Island underwater?
    Why are the Others at the Temple in trouble if Sayid dies?
    What exactly does Desmond really know?
    How was Sayid resurrected?

many they better start answering some the questions instead of more open ended stuff!
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    Ok episode. Not great. Not a big fan of the "sideways" flashes/alternate reality. Seems like something that is a good idea on paper ("Hey we've done flashbacks, flashforwards...what direction can we go now?") but in practice might not work too well.

I read the article in EW with Lost on the cover and they hinted that the answer Charlie asked in the first season, "Where are we?" might not be answered. They compared it to the midichlroian (sp?) explanation for the force in The Phantom Menace saying something like sometimes when you explain things too much it becomes tedious (I'm paraphrasing). This would really be disappointing to me. It's really the only question I want answered.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    well not too many answers
    and a long list of questions

Why was Kate hanging from a tree directly after the bomb?
    Why is the imploded Swan station still there?
    How does Juliet know "it" worked?
    Why is Jacob's nemesis disappointed with the Others?
    How does Jacob know about Jin's meeting with the French team in 1988?
    Why does Charlie try to kill himself?
    Why does he think he was "supposed to die?"
    Who are the Temple Dwellers sending the signal to?
    What exactly do the flares signal?
    Why do the Others think that Jacob's nemesis is coming to the Temple?
    Why couldn't he enter the Temple while Jacob was alive?
    What is the significance of the blood on Jack's neck in the plane bathroom?
    Where is the coffin containing Christian Shephard?
    How did Dogan know that the ankh contained a message?
    What did the message say?
    How did the translator know what Jacob's letter meant without looking at it?
    What is the significance of the water in the Temple?
    Why is it no longer clear?
    What are the "risks" that Dogan mentions?
    Why do the Others wait for the hourglass to run out when holding Sayid under water?
    What is the ash?
    What is Miles contemplating when he looks at Sayid's body?
    Where does Richard recognize Jacob's nemesis from?
    Why was Richard in chains?
    Why does Jacob's nemesis want to go home?
    Where/When is home?
    Where is Jacob's nemesis taking Richard?
    How did Desmond end up on Flight 815, and where did he go?
    Why Jack didn't remember Desmond inside Oceanic 815, whereas he did remember him instantly at [Swan|the Swan]] station?
    What are the specific causes of the changes in the alternate reality?
    Why is the Island underwater?
    Why are the Others at the Temple in trouble if Sayid dies?
    What exactly does Desmond really know?
    How was Sayid resurrected?

many they better start answering some the questions instead of more open ended stuff!
    i believe in each of this answers we will have many questions again!!!
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    [
    The combination of ankh and guitar can add up to only onE thing...it foretells of an invasion...

The Vinnie Vincent Invasion!!!

1067196755_IZVinnie00.JPG
    aa.Vinnie.Vincent.jpg
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Ok episode. Not great. Not a big fan of the "sideways" flashes/alternate reality. Seems like something that is a good idea on paper ("Hey we've done flashbacks, flashforwards...what direction can we go now?") but in practice might not work too well.

I read the article in EW with Lost on the cover and they hinted that the answer Charlie asked in the first season, "Where are we?" might not be answered. They compared it to the midichlroian (sp?) explanation for the force in The Phantom Menace saying something like sometimes when you explain things too much it becomes tedious (I'm paraphrasing). This would really be disappointing to me. It's really the only question I want answered.
    Where are we?" is like ARE WE DEAD???
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Poncier wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    [
    The combination of ankh and guitar can add up to only onE thing...it foretells of an invasion...

The Vinnie Vincent Invasion!!!
    that is effing funny!