Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    What a great series, but I just watched the season 6 finale, and I want my money back. :eh:

Yeah it seems like they got all crazy with this cool stuff then ended it back based upon character development. WHY THE HELL WERE JACOB AND SMOKEY THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE? That will continue to drive me nuts...what was their purpose? And, in that, what was the major purpose of the island?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    What a great series, but I just watched the season 6 finale, and I want my money back. :eh:

Yeah it seems like they got all crazy with this cool stuff then ended it back based upon character development. WHY THE HELL WERE JACOB AND SMOKEY THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE? That will continue to drive me nuts...what was their purpose? And, in that, what was the major purpose of the island?
    Are you asking why Jacob and Smokey were on the island?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Well basically what was the whole point - big picture style. They had their roles, but why? What was the purpose of the island? Did it go over my head? :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Well basically what was the whole point - big picture style. They had their roles, but why? What was the purpose of the island? Did it go over my head? :lol:

I think the sole purpose of that island was for some TV producers to put some good looking folks on television. ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Don't you remember? "Every question I answer will simply lead to another question."
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    Don't you remember? "Every question I answer will simply lead to another question."

See now that's what I call writing themselves out of a bind!! Don't get me wrong, I loved Lost and all the characters, but they really eeked themselves out of having to explain anything!
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Newch91 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Because their mother had the misfortune of washing up on the beach while wearing a red dress. :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    :lol::lol: Perfect.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

See now that's what I call writing themselves out of a bind!! Don't get me wrong, I loved Lost and all the characters, but they really eeked themselves out of having to explain anything!

I don't think any answer would have satisfied the viewer.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

This.
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    igotid88 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

The problem is, that the series was so long and there were so many little things that I kinda forgot about, then I remembered later, thinking they'd be resolved...but nope, pretty much nothing was explained.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options

The problem is, that the series was so long and there were so many little things that I kinda forgot about, then I remembered later, thinking they'd be resolved...but nope, pretty much nothing was explained.

Yeah same here - I loved it so much when I watched it but the more I reflect on it the more aggravated I get. I'm all for ambivalent endings, but there were just TOO MANY loose ends.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Now that my buddy's wedding's in the books, I have a lot of free time so I decided last night to start watching this series. Thus far, I've only seen the pilot.

I also watched the finale when it first aired, so I kind of know some things but not really.
  • Options
    Now that my buddy's wedding's in the books, I have a lot of free time so I decided last night to start watching this series. Thus far, I've only seen the pilot.

I also watched the finale when it first aired, so I kind of know some things but not really.
    Once you start watching, you won't want to stop.
  • Options
    Well I'm two more episodes deep. Not bad thus far.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

Once you start watching, you won't want to stop.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Two episodes last night and another five tonight, I'm on a good pace to finish season one within the week.
  • Options
    Two episodes last night and another five tonight, I'm on a good pace to finish season one within the week.
    awesome!!!whats your thoughts?
  • Options
    So far it's been a slow build. Nothing has really surprised or shocked me yet. I'm sure something eventually will click for me big-time, but right now the show isn't at the calibre that most people have hyped. But then again that may be the problem; because I'm getting into it so late it has already been hyped beyond belief.

I do dig the strong character development and I can see myself actually caring for the characters after a few more episodes.
  • Options

I do dig the strong character development and I can see myself actually caring for the characters after a few more episodes.
    this happened to everybody..
  • Options
    So far it's been a slow build. Nothing has really surprised or shocked me yet. I'm sure something eventually will click for me big-time, but right now the show isn't at the calibre that most people have hyped. But then again that may be the problem; because I'm getting into it so late it has already been hyped beyond belief.

Episode 4, "Walk About", hooked me to the show.
  • Options

One of the show's greatest assets. Doesn't matter if I can't personally identify with the characters as much as that they are so developed and complex. One character I didn't like at first became a favorite. The "good" characters sometimes do bad things and the "bad" ones sometimes do good.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

That was a good one,I watched it yesterday.

I know that characters won't all stay the same and some won't last the series so I'm trying to not become terribly invested in any of them...though I'm sure that won't last.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,394
    Newch91 wrote:

That was a good one,I watched it yesterday.

I know that characters won't all stay the same and some won't last the series so I'm trying to not become terribly invested in any of them...though I'm sure that won't last.

Being invested in characters is what makes the show. If someone you like leaves then you're sad. If someone you don't like leaves, you're happy.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

One of the show's greatest assets. Doesn't matter if I can't personally identify with the characters as much as that they are so developed and complex. One character I didn't like at first became a favorite. The "good" characters sometimes do bad things and the "bad" ones sometimes do good.
    I'd like to say my favorite character but don't want to say anything right now so I don't spoil it. Locke, though, is my 2nd favorite.
  • Options
    I don't mind spoilers terribly much, I'm in it for the ride. As I've said, before a couple days ago the only episode I'd seen was the finale, so I know the beginning and the end. As for everything between, I seem to be doing a bad job of protecting myself; I just looked up a character after his first appearance and ruined a reveal five minutes later. My bad.
  • Options
    I don't mind spoilers terribly much, I'm in it for the ride. As I've said, before a couple days ago the only episode I'd seen was the finale, so I know the beginning and the end. As for everything between, I seem to be doing a bad job of protecting myself; I just looked up a character after his first appearance and ruined a reveal five minutes later. My bad.
    I'd suggest you allow yourself to be surprised as much as possible. That show had some of the best WTF moments I've ever seen on TV.
  • Options
    I'm trying, but it takes a big WTF to really get me. I'm sure that's coming though. Episode twelve coming up.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    My problem with this show is its too effin long to keep rewatching. I want to keep rewatching but don't have the damn time!

I think I've seen seasons 1 though 4, 3 times and seasons 5 and 6 twice..